• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My second team ever

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
FYI I copied this from my RMT thread because I feel that I will get more feedback here:

This is an in game team, but I will also use it over wifi. I went through alot of different Pokemon and used synergy to make this. I want to especially thank my clan, The Triumvirate, for their great input and helping me make this team and become a more confident battler :) First, I based my team off of Azelf.

Team Building Process and WHY I used Each Pokemon
482.gif

Azelf is good. Overused. Has nice attack and special attack. I have a shiny flawless one that I received in a trade so I decided: why not? Then I moved on to the next member.
482.gif
461.gif

Weavile. Weavile gave good type coverage and defended Azelf nicely. Also, weavile is just beast. Then I decided to scrap weavile and instead added this new member.

482.gif
560.gif

Scrafty had better type coverage than weavile to defend azelf, and I felt that I needed a more bulky member of the team. But I was still debating whether to have scrafty or scizor.
482.gif
212.gif

Long story short, I scraped both weavile and scrafty for scizor. It just went better with azelf. And scizor is a little bit bulky, so it filled the place of scrafty perfectly.
482.gif
212.gif
609.gif

I decided to add Chandelure. It provides nice type coverage and defends scizor. Plus I had a spare EV trained one with near flawless IV's so I wouldn't have to breed one. That's a definite plus.
482.gif
212.gif
609.gif
635.gif

I decided on Hydreigon. Not only do I have a near flawless one, but I feel that every team should have a nice dragon type. Plus, it's stats are great and I've got alot of good type coverage there.
482.gif
212.gif
609.gif
635.gif
593.gif

I decided on another bulky member. I needed one. And Jellicent fit nicely. Plus, with water absorb, it works very well. And it reminds me of Dory from Finding Nemo because she finds that baby jellifish and then she names it squishy. Jellicent's name shall be squishy. And he shall be my squishy.
482.gif
212.gif
609.gif
635.gif
593.gif
385.gif

For my last pokemon I pretty much just wanted to be annoying as hell and have a hax rachi. Everyone hates them. They do their job nicely.

Team Building Process Once I Posted This Thread

482.gif
212.gif
609.gif
635.gif
593.gif
385.gif

593.gif
/
534.gif

Thanks to GM, he realized that my team was weak to dark types. So, I'm taking out Jellicent and replacing it with Conkeldurr.

The Movesets 'n all those dang details

Changes In Bold

482.gif

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)
Levitate
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defense
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Stealth Rock
Note: I stole this set from smogon. If someone can help me customize it that would be greatly appreciated. I chose Azelf because I had a flawless one, and it has good type coverage. Also, it has nice special attack. It can learn a variety of differently typed moves, making a great moveset.

212.gif

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Attack, - Sp. Attack)
Technician
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Note: I chose Scizor to defend Azelf's typing. Also, Azelf is a special attacker, whereas Scizor is a more bulky attacker. I needed bulk and variety. Thanks to GM for noticing, I had to many choice items on my team, so Scizor's item was changed to leftovers.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Modest (+Sp. Attack, - Attack)
Flash Fire
252 Sp. Attack, 184 Speed, 72 HP
-Overheat
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Note: Cannot change the EV spread. Chandelure was chosen to defend Scizor. Also, I wanted bulk, and I made the EV spread speedy, but with some HP to keep Chandelure alive for a while.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Levitate
252 Sp. Attack, 192 Speed, 64 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf
Note: Cannot change the EV spread on this. I chose Hydreigon because I always like to have a dragon type on my team. They are very strong and they look beast. Hydreigon is another special attacker and also has good HP.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Guts
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Note: Thanks to GM, he made me realize that I had a weakness to dark types, so I changed Jellicent to Conkeldurr. I needed a fighting type for coverage.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Kings Rock
Serene Grace
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Fire Punch

Note: Dont' have the hax rachi completely figured out yet. Please help with it :p Basically chose this because I needed one more Pokemon and I wanted to be annoying. And hax rachi is awesome.

Don't be mean when you rate please, I'm not very skilled at competitive battling YET. YET.

Last edited:

xbinox

Changes In Bold

482.gif

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Levitate
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Stealth Rock
Note: I stole this set from smogon. If someone can help me customize it that would be greatly appreciated. I chose Azelf because I had a flawless one, and it has good type coverage. Also, it has nice special attack. It can learn a variety of differently typed moves, making a great moveset.

212.gif

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
252 HP / 40 Atk / 204 SpD / 12 speed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Note: I chose Scizor to defend Azelf's typing. Also, Azelf is a special attacker, whereas Scizor is a more bulky attacker. I needed bulk and variety. Thanks to GM for noticing, I had to many choice items on my team, so Scizor's item was changed to leftovers.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice scarf
Flash Fire
252 Sp. Attack, 252 speed 4 hp
-Overheat
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Note: Cannot change the EV spread. Chandelure was chosen to defend Scizor. Also, I wanted bulk, and I made the EV spread speedy, but with some HP to keep Chandelure alive for a while.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
timid
Levitate
252 Sp. Attack, 252 speed 4 hp
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf
Note: Cannot change the EV spread on this. I chose Hydreigon because I always like to have a dragon type on my team. They are very strong and they look beast. Hydreigon is another special attacker and also has good HP.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Guts
brave
176 hp / 252 atk / 136 spdef
- bulk up
- drain punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Note: Thanks to GM, he made me realize that I had a weakness to dark types, so I changed Jellicent to Conkeldurr. I needed a fighting type for coverage.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Kings Rock
Serene Grace
Careful
252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Speed
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Protect
Note: Dont' have the hax rachi completely figured out yet. Please help with it :p Basically chose this because I needed one more Pokemon and I wanted to be annoying. And hax rachi is awesome.

Don't be mean when you rate please, I'm not very skilled at competitive battling YET. YET.

changes in bold, and on the ones you can't change the spread for ask morgan to get you new ones. also you might consider removing azelf?

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
changes in bold, and on the ones you can't change the spread for ask morgan to get you new ones. also you might consider removing azelf?

Okey dokey I'll just breed new ones :p Why remove Azelf?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
482.gif

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Levitate
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Stealth Rock
Energy Ball mekes it original and, face it, is more reliable.

212.gif

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
That's the set I wanted you to use anyway so...

609.gif

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
252 Sp. Attack, 184 Speed, 72 HP/252 Sp. Attack, 100 Speed, 152 HP
-Overheat
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Flame Charge (If you can)
If you can. This makes it bulkier and faster at the cost of some power. Plus it is more sweepish. Do the life orb and pain split even if you can't get hold of the EV berries.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Levitate
252 Sp. Attack, 192 Speed, 64 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Guts
Adamant (+Def, -Atk)<lolwut? XD! +Attack, -Sp. Attack
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Rock Slide
- Drain
- Payback
- Mach Punch
Just makes it that bit better and bulkier, sort of.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Kings Rock
Serene Grace
Jolly
252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defence
-Substitute
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Body Slam
Body Slam negates Motor Drive, Substitute gives you back-up if hax fails, wish gives a HP restore and iron head is obvious.

I don't see anything wrong with azelf.

xbinox

to be honest ignore barbellers rate, it's not good...

also about azelf, last gen it was good because it could explode for massive damage, but this gen since it was nerfed it's not as good, maybe try alakazam with specs for an anti lead?

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
to be honest ignore barbellers rate, it's not good...

also about azelf, last gen it was good because it could explode for massive damage, but this gen since it was nerfed it's not as good, maybe try alakazam with specs for an anti lead?
That could be considered as a flame...

I do however agree with the thing about anti-lead stuff. Switching jirachi to the front would work, and it would let the set I gave (quite crap, I agree) a bit of time to set up and reach its potential (does that recompense?). Chandelure, keep pain split and life orb and ignore everthing else. Conkeldurr? Thinking back I would give it a flame orb and keep drain punch (to make up for the HP loss), and keep sub as it may be useful for payback. New special sweeper? Latios would work well, ice moves are resisted by the team in general.

That new advice isn't great but I generally develop ideas with time... I will be back! (with un-crap advice)

xbinox

why would anyone run sub on jirachi???? wtf?

also flame orb on conk is a no no, he is a status absorber keep lefties.

as for the painsplit you need a scarfer and chandy does that, since you run overheat you should have the scarf so you can maximize it's damage

please just stop XD

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
To have back-up if hax fails, as said above. It's mainly a filler but...

Conkeldurr will still be a status absorber with burn, plus it powers up all his attacks, including drain punch (duh)

Overheat runs down Sp. Attack so that's not nice choiced, plus he doesn't like switching with SR up.

Why don't we both stop? You have given some crap advice as well. Such as giving a pokemon new EVs when it says "EVs cannot be changed". Plus your saying (now) that chandelure needs more power when your rate gives it a scarf.

Last edited:

Slydevil

try this set

Jirachi @ leftovers/life orb
Serene Grace
adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 speed
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-fire punch

fire punch is really needed for jirachi it deals with ferro / skarm / forretress / and etc. wish for healing iron head is your stab body slam to paralyze. life orb to make her a sweeper BUT not recommended because you can be easily to beat. leftovers is obvious. and your going to love this set.

u dont need sub because u have very good bulk and u dont need protect as u can flinch the pokemon to recover. just dont stay in if u fear fire / ground attacks.

NOTE: jellicent is one pokemon that ruin this set that i faced in battle.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
try this set

Jirachi @ leftovers/life orb
Serene Grace
adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 speed
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-fire punch

fire punch is really needed for jirachi it deals with ferro / skarm / forretress / and etc. wish for healing iron head is your stab body slam to paralyze. life orb to make her a sweeper BUT not recommended because you can be easily to beat. leftovers is obvious. and your going to love this set.

u dont need sub because u have very good bulk and u dont need protect as u can flinch the pokemon to recover. just dont stay in if u fear fire / ground attacks.

NOTE: jellicent is one pokemon that ruin this set that i faced in battle.

Alright I've edited the Jirachi set! :D