• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Singles Team- What to Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbro223

Hello everyone, I have two Pokémon to change their movesets for Single Battles. If you could help me, I would be grateful.

Hydregion @ Draco Plate
Levitate
Timid
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Rush
- Hyper Voice
- Fly

Scizor @ Scizorite
Swarm
Lax
- X-Scissor
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Air Slash

KillerDraco

Two Pokemon does not make a team. This would be more at home in the Singles Rate Thread since it's not a full team, but rather just two Pokemon.

...That said you should change basically everything on both Pokemon. Every move you've chosen on both Hydreigon and Scizor is pretty terrible for it. I'm not trying to be cruel, but rather, honest.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Levitate
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast

If your Hydreigon is Timid it should not be using Physical Attacks. In addition, its coverage is pretty poor with what you've given it; it's walled by steels entirely. Load it up with special attacks and let it rip. Draco Meteor vs. Dragon Pulse is about power vs. reliability. Same deal with Fire Blast vs. Flamethrower. The rest of the attacks just focus on coverage. A mixed set is also viable, but a mixed set needs PokeBank to be available to maximize its effectiveness (for Superpower).

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/X-Scissor
-Brick Break

If you're using Scizor, it needs Technician. This is not optional; Scizor without Technician is useless. In addition, Adamant Nature is preferable to Lax in every way, shape, and form. Mega Scizor needs to run Swords Dance or Roost, as 4 attacks is done better by Choice Band Scizor. Scizor should always have Bullet Punch, as it's a frighteningly powerful priority attack when you factor in Technician and STAB. Bug Bite gets a technician boost, making it the best option, but at the moment it's PokeBank only so X-Scissor is a viable alternative for a SD Set. Brick Break is the best fighting option it has available, and can deal with Steel types not named Aegislash who otherwise wall this set.

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
With Hydregion, you could get rid of Dragon Rush and Thunder Wave and replace it with Dragon Breath because the accuracy isn't great and just imagine a Sand Attack. Also, there's a possibility of the opponent getting paralyzed. You should put a steel type move in there to protect yourself from fairy types because that's a very big threat to a dark/dragon type like Hydregion. I recommend Flash Cannon because it's one of the only 2 he could learn. It's better than it in my opinion, but it's called Steel Wing if you want to consider it. Flash Cannon is given to you by a guy in Kiloude City and Steel Wing is a prize in Battle Mansion. Also, I could see Mild and rash as better movesets, but if it's too hard to get, don't do it. That's all I have to say about Hydregion.

Scizor is actually pretty good on the other hand. The only thing to worry about is its horrible weakness to fire, but there isn't much you could do about that unfortunately. Sorry, I looked and the only thing is Sandstorm, but it's just a waste. The only other thing I can recommend is the ability. The best ability is probably Adamant, but Lax is the second best. Again, you don't need to go through all of the pain with getting it with a good ability, just so you know I brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.