• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Sketches, doodles, and portaits--

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Hello. I had a thread here, but it definitely died.

I don't draw anime stuff and I will *never* color or ink any of my sketches, because I am confident that it will ruin them.

So, um, enjoy? Oh, and feedback and critique are always appreciated.

Artpad Paintings (line game):

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iwnp5rr2nf8
http://artpad.art.com/?iwpahah7blo
http://artpad.art.com/?iwphn8b9kgo

Sketches and Paintings:

NEWEST:

Henrik Lundqvist, King Henrik, Henke, Henrik the Great... whatever you call him, he still wins at life.

Last edited:

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
I do not see any art...... Do not make a thread inwhich art can not be viewed.
Please fix.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Well, the first one needs a few seconds to load, but if the other two aren't working I think it's your computer-- it works on mine, and I tested it from my brother's compy as well. Don't know what to tell you.

Who Said Pikachu?

Pikachu Spotter
1.The first one has some issues in loading, mostly as it's -really- slow, maybe a smaller file size in some way would be good? Most people really aren't that patient.
Ah ha! Loaded!
He looks good, I like the face, the expression. His pupil in the eye on the right isn't centered in the iris which looks odd once you pick it up and the other eye needs some sort of shine in it to give it a bit more life. The ear's a bit nobby but you went and blacked it out so eh. Overall he looks lovely.

2. Ahh! His neck! I like how you do the realism for your drawings but you've also got to remember keeping an eye for what looks good. His neck is huge and the fact his shoulders slope so dramatically so early doesn't help this impression what so ever. Something about his eyes bothers me but i'm not quite sure what. I think it's the fact they're so dark but the iris's are very light, either that or their too small or something. His hair's also a mishy(i can't think of a real word to describe it) but that's just practice needed to get it more real like. I like him as well and if it weren't for the bullneck I think I'd like it more.

3. Ah the detail! How can you be bothered!? It's a bit dark and I can't get my computer to make it bigger to really see the details too well to properlly comment on the details of clothing and such. Well he looks good as far as I can tell anyway.Can't really say much else.

As to not penning or colouring I can understand not wanting to ruin a picture. Getting a light box would probably help, either that or pinching your mum's chopping board(this only works if it's a seethroughable plastic or glass that's got no designs or patterns on it) and a light, put the board on your lap, the light between your feet, your image on top of the board and a blank piece of paper on top of it and tracing through. That or you can use a window but I hate that as it's weird drawing sideways. Also you could scan the image, print it and trace from that if you're worried about stuff going through the paper. Plus you can resize and edit contrast and things that way which can be nice.

Anyway, hope it helps. Continue to draw and draw well!

Happy hunting!
~Pika!

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Thanks for the comments :)

2. Ahh! His neck! I like how you do the realism for your drawings but you've also got to remember keeping an eye for what looks good. His neck is huge and the fact his shoulders slope so dramatically so early doesn't help this impression what so ever. Something about his eyes bothers me but i'm not quite sure what. I think it's the fact they're so dark but the iris's are very light, either that or their too small or something. His hair's also a mishy(i can't think of a real word to describe it) but that's just practice needed to get it more real like. I like him as well and if it weren't for the bullneck I think I'd like it more.

Haha, that pic is the epitome of a sketch. I didn't put much into it and it was done in about fifteen minutes... xD I should probably de-post it. As for his neck, he's a hockey player, a huge man, who is in real life a tad disproportionate. He looks quite funny without all his gear on in pictures, actually. But point being, he really does have a slightly large neck. Though, it might as well be too big for even him.

As for his eyes, the big problem with them is that they're up too high, which threw the rest of the proportions way, way off.

3. Ah the detail! How can you be bothered!? It's a bit dark and I can't get my computer to make it bigger to really see the details too well to properlly comment on the details of clothing and such. Well he looks good as far as I can tell anyway.Can't really say much else.

o.o;; I like the detail. The detail is the point:) As for it being dark, hm... its about 350 x 520 pxls for me, and it's light enough that I can see the shading pretty clearly. I'm not sure if it's your resolution being dark or mine being light or... meh, I'll check it out from another computer later ^^; I do wish you could see it better... I'm quite anxious to know what people reallt think of this one. Family isn't too accurate.

Getting a light box would probably help, either that or pinching your mum's chopping board(this only works if it's a seethroughable plastic or glass that's got no designs or patterns on it) and a light, put the board on your lap, the light between your feet, your image on top of the board and a blank piece of paper on top of it and tracing through. That or you can use a window but I hate that as it's weird drawing sideways. Also you could scan the image, print it and trace from that if you're worried about stuff going through the paper. Plus you can resize and edit contrast and things that way which can be nice.

Heh, but I don't *want* to pen or color them. I drew them so they could live their lives as sketches. I don't have any art programs on my compy sans Paint, and I wouldn't want to digitally color them anyway. I don't like the way digital coloring looks-- if I was ever to add anything to it, it would be with sharpie or colored pencils. But you don't need that to have a finished work, IMO. It's complete as how it was meant to be just how it is-- good old, oft neglected, pencil and paper.

Thanks muchly again :) I do apprciate it.

I <3 ConCrit

Last edited:
M

Magical Trevor

when you see the humbnails you think you know what there gonna be but then you click them and there something else. The quite good. Hope to see more

S

Sin

Nice, the first one could use more details and the second a bit more work on the shaping but the last two look great besides the fact that its rather hard to see all the details becuase theyre so dark. The shoe (can't remember what theyre called...) on the newest picture looks too small compared to his body but everything else looks nice, can't see why you don't like that one.
-Sin

Shadow_Fox

Chaotic Dreamer
Oh I like the colors. Wasent it a bit hard to do that in water colors, though? And is the scan blury around the head or is it just me?
~

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
It wasn't really difficult, but it was really tedious. Water color is something to get used to, though.

The head scanned alright, methinks, I just did it a little gray blotchy xP We're not allowed to use white, and I had to put some color there, so I sort of went over it with gray water.

Thanks much for your comment.

haruka~

Spikeshell Trainer
First two look kind of plain, maybe add some more details or shading?
I like the third and fourth ones. ^^ And they don't look that dark to me.
Nice fish. =3 I love the colours. I had to do pointalism in school and it's really boring, so it's cool that you could do it so well.
Your sketches look nice uncoloured. =]