• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Soul Silver team

thepomster

Hey ive been playing soul silver for a little bit and have done a few gyms and decided my team was missing something, any advice is welcome especially on a 6th pokemon to replace my HM slave.
Gliscor - lonely nature
night slash
earthquake
steel wing
x scissor

Ampharos - Adamant nature
power gem
discharge
focus blast
signal beam

Typhlosion- Gentle nature
flamethrower
quick attack
rollout
eruption

Pidegeot - Hardy nature
fly
wing attack
air slash
quick attack

Poliwrath - Jolly nature
dynamic punch
surf
bubblebeam
hynosis

nidoran - lv 12 - Quiet nature
cut
strength
rock climb
rock smash

Thanks for your advice

Last edited:
Have you beaten the 7th gym yet? If not, then you've broken Rule #2. Try to give your planned team, and reformat do that it's not as hard to read.

thepomster

sorry i forgot about that rule, ive edited it to my planned team now

Hey ive been playing soul silver for a little bit and have done a few gyms and decided my team was missing something, any advice is welcome especially on a 6th pokemon to replace my HM slave.

Gliscor - Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Steel Wing
X-Scissor

Adamant over Lonely because Gliscor's high defense is one of it's selling points, He doesnt need Night Slash, so go with Swords Dance for the power boost

Ampharos -Modest Nature
Power Gem/Thunder Wave
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Bignal Beam

Fine, though if you want power over paralasys, run Thunderbolt and Thunderwave, but this is optional

Typhlosion- Rash Nature
Flamethrower
Thunderpuch
Earthquake/Focus Blast
Eruption/Earthquake/Focus Blast

Thunderpunch is for hitting water types, then use two of the three suggested moves, EQ is for coverage, Focus Blast aswell, and Eruption, if you want another fire type move.

Pidegeot - Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Brave Bird
-Retun
-Steel Wing
-U-Turn

No need to have more than one move of the same type, and Fly's two turns can be used better. Brave Bird and Return for STAB. Steel wing for Rock types and U-Turn to hit-and-run

or, you may want to try a special set

Pidgeot- Jolly/Timid
-Heat Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Ominous Wind

Air Slash is STABed, Heat Wave and Ominous Wind for coverage, and Roost to last extra turns

Poliwrath - Adamant/Naughty Nature
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide

Poliwrath's Attack is highter than his Special Attack. Ice Punch hits Grass types, Waterfall and Brick Break are STABed and Rock Slide is for coverage

Nidoran - Quiet nature
Cut
Strength
Rock Climb
Rock Smash

I'm assuming this is an HM Slave?
Thanks for your advice

For a 6th pokemon, I'd suggest a Yanmega

Yanmega- Timid/Modest Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-Giga Drain/Protect

Pretty standard In-game set. Shadow Ball for coverage (not to mention that you'll be using it a lot until mid 40's because of Yanma's lack of decent moves). Bug Buzz and Air Slash are great STAB moves. For your last slot, Run Giga Drain if the ability is Tinted Lens, and run Protect if it's Speed Boost

Suggestions in Bold. Hope this helps, and try to Capitalize, makes it easier to read

Last edited:

thepomster

Thanks for the advice, id prefer not to rebreed for specific natures as i dont battle online enough to warrant it. yes Nidoran is an HM slave but id quite like another pokemon to replace it for battling but i cant think of who would work

^ In that case, for the Physical Pidgeot set, run Aerial Ace as opposed to Brave Bird (Or ditch it all together for a Staraptor =P)

thepomster

fantastic thanks alot, im training my yanma now

thepomster

hardy with speed boost