• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my soul silver team

phantom16

So this is what I have been slowly working for for the longest time, tell me what you think :)
this is suppose to be in-game, but i might dabble with a battle vs. a friend or two from time to time

skarmory:
spikes/stealth rock?
toxic
roar
fly
-start off the battle with skarmory, lay spikes, then toxic the opponents, and roar them until i get most of them in and toxic all of them, and they take entry hazards, and so i know what i'm dealing with. if i live long enough i can use fly, and use the poison to my benefit too

scizor: with choice band
u-turn
bullet punch
brick break/superpower
pursuit
this one would kind of be a scout/physical sweeper

dragonite:
firepunch
outrage
earthquake
dragon dance

charizard:
sunny day
flamethrower
solarbeam
air slash

lugia:
roost
ice beam
extra sensory
lightscreen

spiritomb:
sucker punch
shadow ball
hypnosis
dream eater

the 2 moves separated by a "/" mean i'm not sure which one too pick, so any suggestions are more than welcome :)

Last edited:

EvilTyranitar

Skarmory looks fine. I'm assuming fly is for traveling because there are better options (like brave bird). And just realize that spikes is next to useless for in-game. But it's fine to keep it if you're going to be doing battles with friends.

I'd give scizor a choice band instead of scarf, since bullet punch will be your main attack and it gets priority. Plus, the infamous CB/technician/STAB bullet punch will hurt....a lot. Also, pursuit is a better choice than night slash thanks to technician. And use u-turn over SD since you're choiced.

Dragonite wants either fire punch or fire blast instead of thunderpunch (depending on its nature). Then there's nothing at all that will resist its attacks. Then go with roost over wing attack. Or you could also use Dragon Dance if you'd rather have power than recovery.

And with that, I'll leave the rest to other people. I hope this helped! :)

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
So this is what I have been slowly working for for the longest time, tell me what you think :)
this is suppose to be in-game, but i might dabble with a battle vs. a friend or two from time to time

skarmory:
spikes
toxic/roost
roar
fly/Brave Bird
-start off the battle with skarmory, lay spikes, then toxic the opponents, and roar them until i get most of them in and toxic all of them, and they take entry hazards, and so i know what i'm dealing with. if i live long enough i can use fly, and use the poison to my benefit too

scizor: with choice band
u-turn
bullet punch
superpower
Pursuit/Quick Attack
this one would kind of be a scout/physical sweeper

This Scizor has a lot more raw power. Pursuit for fleers while Quick Attack takes out weakened foes.

dragonite:
Fire Punch
outrage
earthquake
Dragon Dance

This gets unresisted coverage. Dragon+Fire+Ground covers everything. If you want, go with Fire Blast so Dragonite can easily take out Skarmory.

charizard:
sunny day
flamethrower/Fire Blast
solarbeam
air slash

Fire Blast just incase you need the extra power.

lugia:
Roost
ice beam
Light Screen
Whirlwind/Toxic

Lugia is more of a wall. Its signature move doesn't fit with its role. Ice Beam helps with Dragons, so keep that. Light Screen will help support your team as it is mainly special weak. Toxic to wear down other walls or Whirlwind to get out of a sticky situation.

spiritomb:
shadow sneak
Will-O-Wisp
Sucker Punch
Pain Split

the 2 moves separated by a "/" mean i'm not sure which one too pick, so any suggestions are more than welcome :)

Changes in bold.

Awesome team go check out my pokemon platinum team. The only thing I suggest is swords dance on your scizor thats it though you have a very well rounded team nice job!!

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Awesome team go check out my pokemon platinum team. The only thing I suggest is swords dance on your scizor thats it though you have a very well rounded team nice job!!

Choice Band Scizor is more of an immediate threat. Swords Dance has potential for the opponent to switch in a Special Attacking Fire type and OHKO him.

phantom16

ok, so i took some of your suggestions, but not all, but i do appreciate all the input. the revises team is now in the main post, but i have a couple more questions now.

should i switch spikes for stealth on skarmory? i think the 1 turn setup is nice, even if it doesn't hit all pokemon too hard
I don't have a single electric attack, make room for one, or just don't worry about it?

and while appreciate the setup for spiritomb, i'm just kind of attached to his current setup, which deals much more damage than the other priority moves. will o wisp is cool, but i like the hypnosis/dream eater combo, and i don't want to get ride of his 2 STAB attacks, so i don't think i can change him too much. appreciate the input though

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
All the opponent has to do to counter your Spiritomb is send in a Dark type and your Spiritomb loses.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Choice sets ingame aren't viable , since they lock you into one move , and since the AI are too stupid to switch , meaning Swords Dance is better.

/facepalm Again , the AI won't switch azeem.