• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Splices, Sprites and Fakemon (and more)

Darkwhole

I am NOT evil
Hi I'm Darkwhole, and this my first thread that didn't fail.
Anyway.

Scratches:

Evolution of Luvdisc, Heathish:
EvoofluvdiscHearthish.jpg

Pre-evolution of Shuckle, Shucs
th_Shun.jpg

Pre-evolution of Koffing, Pufing
th_Pufing.jpg

Pre-evolution of Sableye, Saiclops
Saiclops.jpg

Chao/Other cute things:

Scizor Chao:
ScizorChao.jpg

Splices/Recolours:

Golden Electrike:
th_Electrikegold.jpg

Darkwhole:
th_Blackwhole.jpg

Darkcluster:
th_Blackcluster.jpg

Storm version of Castform:
th_Castformstormform.jpg

Conductor:
th_Conductor.jpg

Isepras:
th_Isepras.jpg

IDK name, any suggestions?:
th_Forestrator.jpg

Prancer:
th_Eyesickle.jpg

Bulgo:
th_Conorssplice-Bulgo.jpg

Snosord:
th_Snowsord.jpg

Rattler:
th_Snark.jpg

Scytox:
th_Scizher.jpg

Retardosaur:
th_Retardosaur.jpg

Princess:
th_Princess.jpg

Daame:
th_Magasrg.jpg

Ticler:
th_Ticler.jpg

Torrcoal:
th_Torrcoal.jpg

C+C very, very welcomed.
Suggestions welcome, however they are not requests, I do not have to do them.
All of these sprites are in no particular order, the most recent one is somewhere in the middle.
This thread is updated daily (usually) so stay tuned!

Notes(to self)
-
-
-
-

Suggestions
-
-
-
-
-
-

I like pie

Last edited:
First of all it's JPEG, which means it's impossible to edit anything (unless you really try).
It's really copying and paste, as I can tell. I know what parts your using from each Pokemon here, and the colors could really use some hue shifting when your editing the colors...

sora247

~Ding Dong~
ALWAYS SAVE A PNG SO WE CAN SEE YOUR SPRITES.

Also, I completeley agree with ToonAce in that they are very c+p. Try practicing scratching more, I have the same problem at times.

Alder

Come at me bro
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
JPEG = NO

PNG= PwNaGe

Remember that.

Your concepts are really good, I especially like Tickler and teh Zigzagoon Duskull Tropius and Oddish thing, but there's a problem right there. I just listed off most to all of teh 'mons you used. You need to scratch more, otherwise it's choppy and obviously C + P. At least try to make transitions from mon to mon parts smoother, then work on shading scratching, then start with small parts, and soon enough you'll be able to scratch half of you whole fusion. Then it'll be a real fakemon, instead of a C + P Frankenstein.

Darkwhole

I am NOT evil
Png

I i am sorry i did not save as PNG, in truth is saved them as BMP (which sucks? Or is it ok? it converts them to JPEG when i use Photobucket) but i have a very, very old computer (98) and so my paint cannot save as PNG, i could convert it to PNG, but that would make the quality even worse. What do I do, and btw i do scratch some stuff, but not much and three of them are pure scratch, and the Chao/Scizor parts are fully scratched. Any way i will continue to save as BMP until i get a solution.

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Ok, here's the deal. BMP is converted to JPG on photobucket, but bmp is converted to png on imageshack.

So, use imageshack.

Problem solved. :D

Yami Ryu

You need to stop slaughtering sprites and copy/pasting poorly, without changing shading or the 'saturation of the shading' at all. There is more to splicing and sprites than just lobbing parts on or off.

doomhoun.png

Example of revamping/editing/reshading.

doomupeditz.png

Example of extreme editing, the base was a Growlithe. And then I revamped the original sprite I had done, into this. This is also an example of shading. You need to shade to make the sprite look natural and not flat.

pyronetichur.png

Example of scratching/shading. You need to pick one light source too- and while this isn't the best example for that, it is a good example for what you need to do for scratching sprites. IE concept sketching and then going over it for better outline/detailing.

Taking suggestions/requests are also against the rules.

At anyrate I would suggest browsing existing sprite threads and taking a gander at the spriting tutorials and attempting more in the ways of scratching/editing/reshading.