1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

My sprites will make you come

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by Ilex, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

...to my sprite thread! =D

Beauteon
    [​IMG]

Lunadun
    [​IMG]

Skwirelleef
    [​IMG]

Italy Pokemon Region
    [​IMG]

I have tons more but I'm going gradually post them to keep this thread alive. ANY crit is greatly appreciated :)

2. LoneStarAkira

LoneStarAkira +1 cookie for troll

1. VERY innapropriate title. People can take that in a very wrong way. I know what it means, "come to your sprite gallery", but not everyone will notice that. :/

2. I have to say that I really like these sprites! Your Fakemon is my particular favourite. Even though it is really big for a sprite, it's got some impressive detail and design. :3 The Lunatone/Dunsparce fusion was well created as well, and I personally don't see any flaws.

I don't like Beauteon, sorry. It looks too copy paste, and it's very obvious what Pokemon were used in the fusion process. The lack of back legs makes it look arkward with the post its in, so you might want to change the pose. :/

The map looks pretty good. :3 Keep up the nice work!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  3. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

That's the point. It's supposed to grab your attention :)

The original idea wasn't for it to be a fake, but a mix of the most beautiful Pokemon. So yeah, I was intending for the Pokemon used to be obvious. I appreciate your crit though.

Thank-you.

4. Yami Ryu

Yami Ryu Well-Known Member

Attention grabbing is one thing. Using something that gives it a pseudo sexual air is another. I've been infracted for far less- so don't think something so 'innocent' might get over looked :/

At anyrate.

The Beauteon seems a bit overdone. It's mostly the wings, as they just help add to the cramped air of how many bits and pieces you used and edited to make the sprite. I'm not to happy with the 'inside' dragonair-esque ear/head wing, it looks more attached and that short, than half bent forward. The next problem is the serpentesque end of the body, which the wings cover and help hide the rest of the problem, it feels to stiff and akward with how closely you have it curl to the body- and then curl again like a tripod's third leg before trailing off into Milotic's fantail.

And lastly, lack of a black outline isn't always a good thing.

Moving on; While the combination is something I've rarely seen before, infact I never have, something seems off in your fusion of Dunsparce and Lunatone, but I can't put my finger on it. Outside of that it is an oustanding fusion.

The scratch; Again the lack of any true black outline kinda hampers it- as with the skin I'm using the light outline choice you use, blends in to well. Then there's the fact body shading, and tail shading don't match up. The leaves are all dithered and shaded the same, from the tip of the tail to right close to the body. The change in shadow/shading/tone is just to subtle imo. It's good but it just feels like an akward combination. And the right hind leg/hidden leg, is to thick/large compared to the one we can fully view in the front.

5. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

If someone gives this an infraction due to a slight innuendo, then that mod must be pretty lame. :/

I love the Italy Region though. I kinda hope in the future Gamefreak has regions based off other areas, but that's unlikely.

6. Your sprites are pretty good but the italy region should have a light blue coloring around the bottom edges that will create a feel of water. Other than that it is good.

7. Fiona

Fiona needs inspiration ;;

Er..thread title..wow. Okay. Yeah. Anyway. Sprites. Right.

Beauteon's tail kinda..I don't know how to describe it, so bear with me here. It's like..a bit too..curved. It kinda dips down too low - make the curvy part more gradual/natural maybe? Or the tail not so long? I don't know. It just looks awkward.

Dunatone ish nice. (No idea what you called it, butyeah. That's what I'm calling it.) I'm usually not too impressed by recolors, but this one was nicely done. ^^ (It's not -completely- a recolor, but you know what I meant.)

Okay, so the scratch squirrel pokemon. I love the tail - the shading on the leaves is like, freaking perfect. :3 The only complaint/criticism I might have is the head - it looks..I don't know. It just looks unnatural (I say that a lot - sorry). It's too perfectly shaped, y'know? Like, it doesn't have the gradual curve or anything. It's kinda pointy and stuff. Maybe make it more curvy/less pointed at the end? ^^

All in all though, very nice. ^^ Definitely better than mine. xD

8. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Title 0_o.

Nice sprites however, the map is awesome but Beauteon is definitely the worst in my opinion.

9. gtab x3

gtab x3 Well-Known Member

Your sprites are good i really am a big fan on the Italy region!
    Next, your Beauteon looks bad because if you look at the tail and were it is connected you can see that it look really squished.