• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My SS Team

This is my current team in SS:

Feraligatr (100)
Surf
Ice Beam
Bite
Water Pulse

Dragonite (89)
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Fly
Outrage

Metagross (90)
Ice Punch
Psychic
Hammer Arm
Flash Cannon

Toxicroak (89)
Stone Edge
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Dark Pulse

Sceptile (89)
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Energy Ball

Glalie (90)
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Ice Fang
Sheer Cold

I think it's balanced and it does seem to work, but I am open to suggestions. My main concerns are Toxicroak and Glalie's movesets. Something just seems incomplete about Toxicroak's moveset, and I think it may be a bad idea to have a pokemon with three Ice-type moves at the same time (including a OHKO move).

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
It appears as if your team is far too in favor of the Special Spectrum. You should always have three on both ends, and no one on your team does not have a special move.

Feraligatr is much better off being physical. Teach it Waterfall, first off, and then teach it Ice Punch if you have BP, and Ice Fang if not. From there, you have a vast plethora of options to put over Water Pulse and Bite, including Crunch, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, and Swords Dance.

Dragonite can be either physical or special, but because Feraligatr, Metagross, and Toxicroak are obvious physicals, you should make it special. In that case, it actually looks pretty good (I know why you need Fly), but Outrage is a Physical move that cannot be changed and ends up in Confusion. You should thus replace it with Dragon Pulse.

Your first job with Metagross is to teach it Meteor Mash over Flash Cannon. Meteor Mash is one of the best moves in the game, and it's a shame you're wasting it. From there, Ice Punch is a pretty good move, and I suggest you keep it. Hammer Arm is too, but it can be improved, like say Earthquake. On Psychic, I recommend either Zen Headbutt, if you are into STAB (Zen Headbutt is Psychic but a little bit weaker and Physical), or Explosion.

I honestly have no idea about Toxicroak. He seems pretty fine, but you might want a Fighting move like Brick Break over Dark Pulse.

Sceptile's moveset looks nearly fine if he's going to be Physical, but he's not. However, finding a good Special Moveset for him is very hard indeed. If you have another Dragon Pulse, you should start by using it. You might wish to teach it Hidden Power (you might perhaps have a good one). However, the only real options after that are unfortunately a Hyper Beam/Frenzy Plant or a status move/healer/buffer.

Glalie should be given Signal Beam at once over Ice Fang. However, the only options are yet again Hyper Beam or a buffer, status, or healer.

Those are my suggestions for your team, which you may or may not follow.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
This is my current team in SS:

Feraligatr (100)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Earthquake

Dragonite (89)
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Fly
Outrage

Metagross (90)
Ice Punch
Psychic
Hammer Arm
Meteor Mash

Toxicroak (89)
Stone Edge
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Brick Break

Sceptile (89)
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Energy Ball

Glalie (90)
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse/Crunch
Ice Fang
Sheer Cold

I think it's balanced and it does seem to work, but I am open to suggestions. My main concerns are Toxicroak and Glalie's movesets. Something just seems incomplete about Toxicroak's moveset, and I think it may be a bad idea to have a pokemon with three Ice-type moves at the same time (including a OHKO move).

Changes in bold. Most of your movesets are fine. I think its ok to have 2 ice moves on glalie, considering one is special and the other is physical. And you need a fighting move on Toxicroak. Fighting type is one of the best types in the entire pokemon video games. It beats A LOT of types.

I've been trying to get enough BP to teach them some key move tutor moves, but I only have 32 right now. As you can see, the only one with a move tutor move at the moment is Metagross, and I only taught him Ice Punch last week.
There is one method I think could work to help teach these pokemon the move tutor moves I want, but there is an important thing I need to know first: if I trade a pokemon with a leaf crown to a game made before the leaf crowns and back, will it still have the crown? In Platinum, I have easily enough shards to learn any move tutor move I want, so I could just trade the pokemon to Platinum, talk to the move tutors, and send them back to SS. Right now, all six pokemon on my team have the leaf crowns. I know that Platinum won't show them with the crowns, but would that mean that the crowns are gone for good, even after the pokemon are sent back to SS? If not, I'll just go ahead and teach all the move tutor moves I like.

Also, I have a few moveset ideas I would like to ask about, just to see if they would be any good.
*I'm thinking of replacing Metagross's Hammer Arm with something that has a bit more accuracy. Metagross has absolutely epic physical attack power, so I want it to continue having at least one physical move for every special move. Thunderpunch has come to mind, just to go along with Ice Punch.
*Along similar lines, I noticed one of you said that it is a waste having Metagross without Meteor Mash. It actually did know Meteor Mash until very recently; I had it forget it when I taught it Ice Punch. Meteor Mash is certainly powerful, but it's low accuracy made me wary of using it when I could use Flash Cannon; same type, still very strong, but more accurate. How do you think I should solve this problem, choosing between power and accuracy with a pokemon like Metagross?
*I think I may want to replace Toxicroak's Stone Edge with Thunderpunch, because it has more accuracy, more PP, and still gives him protection from Flying-types.