• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My starting competitive doubles team

lokowoko

PokeBreeder
ok here's me basic team

Umbreon with life orb
modest nature
synchronize ability
knows psychic
dark pulse
moonlight
and hidden power fighting
it also has 252 hp, 252 special attack and 4 defence evs

Volcarona with either fire or bug gem or choice scarf
Modest nature
Flame body ability
knows hurricane
Fiery dance
bug buzz
and quiver dance
has 252 special attack, 240 speed and 16 special defence evs

Gliscor with toxic orb
jolly nature
poison heal ability
knows rock slide
earthquake
protect
and tailwind
it's evs are balenced between all stats apart fro special attack

Rotom (wash) with either sitrus berry or leftovers
timid nature
levitate ability
knows substitute
volt switch or thunderbolt
shadow ball
hydro pump
252 special attack and 252 speed evs

and that's my team, it's not the strongest team but i've managed to win a few matches with them
and as you can probably tell i'm new to competitive battling

Last edited:

AegisCave

A few things to start:
1) Umbreon is generally too weak offensively to run Life Orb, and Psychic doesnt really contribute much in the way of coverage. He's better off running a defensive set. If you wanted to run Sun as well and for whatever reason you can't get ahold of a Drought Ninetales, he could possibly set up Sunny Day for Volcarona (which works out for him too since his Moonlight will be stronger)

2) On Volcarona, this may seem obvious, but if you do run Quiver Dance, don't run scarf. A good idea might be to run Focus Sash along with a Follow Me/Rage Powder user, as you can at least get off one Quiver Dance as long as it isn't hit with two spread moves/Fake Out. Heat Wave tends to outperform Fiery Dance in doubles due to hitting both foes. Perhaps Volcarona could run Rage Powder itself as a one-time kamikaze shield to your partner pokemon.

3) Gliscor should be EV'd so that he can outrun whatever threats you need him to, maximizing HP, and then dumping the rest into either Defense or Attack.

4)Rotom-W can run Discharge alongside Gliscor's Earthquake. Shadow Ball doesn't offer much in the way of coverage- Thunder Wave is a nice substitute for spreading status and crippling opposing threats.

Last edited: