• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My stupid site went bodged.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Okay, I have a freewebs site, I spent alot of time on it. Suddenly I'm viewing it and all the apostrophes turned into '?'s. I tried to get the apostrophes back and it says it's working but when i preview it the apostrophes are still '?'s. Here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/breloom_woods/
Do you have any idea of how to help? :(
It happens mostly on the colliseum pages and some on the g/s/c... *cries*

S

Sindakwil

It looks normal to me. What font is your browser set on?

Ice_Scyther

FFFFFFFFF-
Well, you could always use complicated HTML...Actually I have no idea how to help. And I'll start working on my stuff.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
What d'ya mean your stuff? Do you mean the fr/lg section or the pokedex? Oh and can you see the '?'s?

EDIT: I think it's the fact that the text is in times new roman that bodges it up...

Last edited:

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
It's your browser, I'm positive. Everything looks normal to me, too. And a wise action would be to either hand-make your site with HTML or use Dreamweaver, Frontpage or similar, instead of using a site like freewebs to make it. You get more control and (usually) better results.

Another thing, the image in your sig is so large, my eyes are watering. Size it down, please.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
I don't wanna remake the whole site. -_-
I'm eleven years old and have very little knowledge of html.

PS: That pic in my sig isn't too big, it's very attention seeking which makes it a good hook to the forums. (not that they're working at the mo)

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Since when is 373X178 allowed?

Hmm...*calculates* if 200x200=40000px, and 373x178=66394px, and 66394px-40000px= 26394px, it means your picture is aproximately 65% larger than allowed. You are breaking the signature rules.

And what browsers are you using? I'm using Firefox, and I have noticed it wrongly interprets the <FONT COLOR=800080> and it's closing tag on my page.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
I use internet explorer. Oh and if you re-read the sig rules you're aloud to have either two 200x200 images or one 400x200 image. I am therfore breaking no rules! :p
I asked on the get your sig check thread.
I didn't understand the last bit of your post. x_x

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
?
If you say so. Sorry, but I didn't know since it's not in the official rules.

I meant that Firefox seems to have problems interpreting some HTML tags. It happened to me about 3 days ago. So are you using Internet Explorer or what?

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Sorry for double posting but for some reason it's not happening anymore... Is it okay with you, Bling?

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
If it works now, then it might have been freeweb's fault. Sometimes, computers do things which cannot be explained. Stick to the motto: "If it works, you don't have to know why or how."

P.S. I told you that image was too large. Knew I was right ;)