• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Subway Doubles Rain Team

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
Hello, this is my first competitive RMT for Subway Doubles. so there may be a gazillion errors. I'm not sure what to write for the description so please don't ban me if I don't write enough because I have NO idea how a rain team works, only ideas. Now the Pokemon:

;186; @Rocky Helmet
Drizzle - Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Spd
- Encore
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Politoed is an essential to all rain teams. He sets up the rain with Drizzle. Surf is for STAB + Rain boost. Ice Beam is for coverage, Protect to stall with the help of Ferrothorn's Toxic or it's own Toxic.

:598: @Leftovers
Iron Barbs - Bold
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 Sp. Def
- Toxic
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my favourite Stealth Rock Pokemon (besides Deoxys) He will be paired up with Politoed at the start. Stealth Rock to start, followed by Leech Seeding the two Pokes and Toxicating them aswell. Once he's done his job I'll switch into one of my sweepers to finish the job.

;381; @Life Orb
Levitate - Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Thunder

Latios is the Special Sweeper of the team. With his diverse movepool and fantastic Sp. Attack and Speed stats, Latios makes an amazing Special Sweeper and one of my favourite Pokemon. Draco Meteor to OHKO many Pokemon with STAB and Life Orb. Dragon Pulse for no stat drops. HP Fire for coverage against the walling steels. Psychic/Psyshock for another STAB and Thunder because it has perfect accuracy in rain.

;230; @Lum Berry
Swift Swim -on Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Spd/4 HP
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Kingdra, the Physical Sweeper. With Swift Swim his speed is insane, meaning a quick Substitue followed by Dragon Dance. Waterfall and Outrage for STAB and Lum Berry for Outrage.

If anyone has any of these Pokemon please PM me.​

Last edited:

Luciola

Pokemon Tamer
First, Stealth Rock is not much of a use in doubles. But seeing it as a Subway team, AI can be stupid to switch in and out most of the time.
Second, rain weather does not reduce your ferrothorn's weakness to x2. Rain makes all fire attack less 50% but it would still hit for x4 effective. For example Heat Wave does 100 base power, under rain it makes it hit for 50% less. After that reduction the x4 type effectiveness will apply.

Double Battles means fast paced games. You could modify your Ferrothorn into a tank rather than a wall dedicated for stall. Power Whip can be used in place of Stealth Rock. For Politoed can go for Surf over Scald for hitting multiple targets, and assuming that you always start with Politoed - Ferrothorn lead, Surf wouldn't be able to hurt Ferrothorn that much.

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
Ok thanks for the help.