• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My subway singles team needs a rate!

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Out of all of my posts, This is my first RMT. I wasn't competitive back then but now Im really interested to it. So please excuse my noobisness XD
;445;Garchomp@Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
EVs: 7 HP/251 Atk/250 Spe
-Crunch
-Brick break
-Outrage
-Earthquake
My all-out physical attacker. Hes equipped with Lum berry just in case if he gets an annoying status or for a second Outrage without the confusion. The Earthquake obviously is for STAB and Brick break is there to break any barriers and hit types that are weak against it. If its a ghost however it'll just use Crunch just for the sake of SE damage and whatnot.

;121;Starmie@Focus Sash
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpAtk/250 Spe/4SpeDef/4Def
-Surf/Scald
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-HP Fire
I might choose Scald over Surf since I prefer to cause a status other than hitting hard. Although I want you guys opinions on which is better and more fun to use. Im using HP fire just to clear out Steels. Especially Scarmory since it resits both Garchomps and Ferrothorns moves. Since its defenses are the same I was thinking if I could give it an equal number of EVs in each defense based stat.
770f616bc4fdbb700982093fd7aea5d7.gif
Ferrothorn@ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
EVs: 247 SpDef/ 252 HP/ 11 Att
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
I know many people are using this guy, but I couldn't resist! Its Sassy nature is for to support the spdef and the gyro ball(which is also supported by curse if used). Its wears a Rocky helmet for more annoyance on physical attackers or mixed attackers that used a physical hit on him. Also the fact that he has Iron Barbs it would be twice as annoying.

Last edited:

chap196

For Garchomp
Stone Edge instead of Brick Break for more coverage, also Stone Edge has more power. Sword Dance instead of Crunch because Crunch doesn't give much coverage and Sword Dance help Garchomp to OHKO your opponent Pokemon more easier by gaining Attack by 2 stage.
Hope this help

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I think Garchomp should have dragon dance instead of brick break, because you don't really need a fighting type move for Garchomp. Dragon Dance will allow your Garchomp to get faster and might pull off a OHKO.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I gave my Garchomp Fire Fang, Outrage, Earthquake, and Brick Break. Fire Fang was only because of things like Scizor, Ferrothron, and Forretress, but Crunch works nicely too. chap's suggestions are valid, though, so just pick your preference. I would recommend either Surf over Scald on the Starmie, and Hydro Pump should be up there too. It's just so flippin' powerful, and Surf, I find, seems to work better than Scald on a Starmie. On a Vaporeon, I'd recommend Scald, but on the more offensive Starmie, Surf seems superior. It looks like a nice team, though. Good luck in the Subway!

chap196

For justinjiaxinghu
Garchomp can't use Dragon Dance as everyone think that Garchomp can use it, so we need to use Sword Dance instead, but if Garchomp can use Dragon Dance, then it will be a lot better to sweep your opponent Pokemon.
Hope this help

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
For Garchomp
It NEEDS Swords Dance if it's leading, it's just too useful to ignore.
I'd keep Brick Break over Crunch, Fighting is just more handy. EQ/Outrage already has STAB near coverage, Brick Break covers the rest. Crunch does not (neither does Stone Edge, and I'm not a fan of the 80% acc, lost a few times due to unlucky misses).

For Starmie
I suggest running TBolt over HP Fire, for Bolt/Beam coverage.
Personally I'd go for power moves on Starmie, so Surf (or even Hydro Pump).

For Ferrothorn
Rocky Helmet is gimmicky, Leftovers is overall more useful on the defensive beast known as Ferrothorn.

Other than that, good team. You should go pretty far with it.

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I'm not sure why you EV'd your Garchomp like that, it just means every other Garchomp will be guaranteed to outrun you. Just stick with 252atk/252spe and hope to win the speed tie.

Same thing with Starmie, missing those two EV's essentially makes it a sitting duck for other Starmie. However, Starmie's pretty fast, so having a Life Orb or Expert Belt instead of a focus sash would work better - hit to prevent hits. Also, Psychic is fairly useless since you have Surf. So switch it out for either Psyshock for uncompromised mixed sweeping or Grass Knot for bulky ground/water types that'll easily live any other hit such as Swampert, Whiscash, Quagsire, Gastrodon. You'll have enough coverage from Ice Beam+Thunderbolt anyway.
But if you choose Psyshock, I suggest using Hydro Pump over Surf; this way you have one dependable STAB and one all-or-nothing attack that has everything going for it, 234 base power for a hopeful KO.

I'd normally prefer Lucario for the job of being the steel type, since he can boost both defenses. But without TrickScarf, I think your Ferrothorn'll be fine.

Good luck.

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
Agreed about the EVs, change then to 252 if possible because otherwise, you'll just be outsped in mirror matches which is something you don't want.

You're right to choose Fire Fang, it handles the few pokemon not covered by Ground/Dragon. 2x Brick Break is the same damage as STAB EQ, so it'd have to be 4x to make any difference. Fire hits more things for 4x than Fighting (and pokemon like Tyranityr who get hit for 4x Fighting can by hit with 2x STAB EQ anyways).

For Ferrothorn, if you aren't that confident with predicting, you could consider running Protect on it (over Curse).
This allows for easier prediction of Fire /Fighting moves so you can swap out to something who can handle the threat, it can also be used to double up the recovery effect of Leftovers as well as the damage/recovery of Leech Seed.
I used it on one of my teams, which ran on a very similiar principle to yours, because it lets Ferrothorn stall out enemies much easier while keeping Ferrothorn healthy.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of Curse on Ferrothorn for the Battle Subway, I find it better at stalling with Leech Seed with while inflicting damage with its STAB moves, with Protect to heal up when required. That is just my opinion though.

Again, good luck with the team. I really like how it looks.

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Okay this time, I replaced Ferrothorn with Scrafty since he walls just as good as Ferrothorn does.

;445;Garchomp@Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Sand Veil ability
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
If you seen my previous post that just got deleted, I kept Fire Fang since it would do better coverage against grasses and steels. Also fixed the EVs as peacemaker said.

;121;Starmie@Expert Belt
Timid Nature
Natural Cure ability
EVs: 252 SpAtk/250 Spe/4SpeDef/4Def
-Surf
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
I followed most of peacemakers advice except I'll replace T-bolt with GK since Scrafty will have the Electric type moves. I don't know what to do with the defense based EVs though.

65833d440904d23f26d598ec7bdece6e.gif
Scrafty@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Shed Skin ability
EVs: 251 HP/10 Atk/249 SpD
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Bulk Up
-Thunderpunch

I needed a fighting type to clear out some ice types and Garchomp was the only one who had a move that was SE against ice. I know Ferrothorn is had the steel moves but I wanted Starmie to have grass knot and Ferrothorn already had the grass moves. I used Scrafty before and hes more fun to use anyway imo. He will have a Thunderpunch for coverage once bulked up with higher damage than its base power.

Last edited:

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
Drain Punch over Brick Break, sooo much better.

You could also consider Rest on Scrafty, Shed Skin works with self inflicted sleep.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Scrafty @Leftovers
Adamant l Shed Skin
252 Atk. l 252 HP l 4 Speed
• Drain Punch
• Crunch
• Bulk Up
• Stone Edge / Substitute

Thunderpunch dosen't give Scrafty any notable coverage,all the more Stone Edge has more coverage.

Starmie @Life Orb
Timid l Natural Cure
252 Speed l 252 Sp.Atk. l 4 HP
• Scald
• Ice Beam
• Thunderbolt
• Recover

Scald>Surf since Starmie is weak on the defensive side.