• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My TCG league is doing something that I don't know is right

hawkmbl

Curious
OK... So here's the deal, I used to go to a TCG league every week in my city, and play cards with others. But then they had a league tournament, and I ended up winning by pure luck because I drew both the Victini EX and Victory piece during the first five turns, no matter how many times I cut and shuffled (Sometimes it came after I used a pokemon communication), and now everyone thinks I cheated because of my luck and the fact that I forgot to let my opponent cut during a reshuffle due to no basic pokemon in my hand (That was ONCE and the victini EX didn't even get in my hand until I used a pokemon communication, in which I remembered to cut), and now this thirty year old adult is constantly swearing and cursing at me because I won the league tourney, and they had to shut him up by giving away a leftover badge from the earlier season and three card packs... Which made me a bit confused. When I told the manager of the store, he said it was MY fault because I forgot to cut that one time and they have every right to do what's needed because of that.

And these teenagers my age are also bullying me because of me winning that league tourney as well, and they still say it's MY FAULT... Is this normal? I didn't cheat, yet they won't stop telling every newcomer at my league to avoid me, which means I can never find someone to play with because they think I'm a bad person. Are they supposed to do that..? I mean, I forgot to cut my deck, but getting bullied by an adult and teenagers because of it and them not doing anything about it is really confusing me....

So guys... Could you help me with advice...? I mean, does winning a city/state/league tourney ALWAYS lead to this?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
does winning a city/state/league tourney ALWAYS lead to this?

No because they know not to eff with me or I'll throw the table at them.

why is it you're fault to cut when you're opponent is the one who cuts you're deck and if it's the last round there should be a judge there making a call on this. They sound like a bunch of newbs to me. This is not you're fault, they're a bunch of newbs, eidt: IDC if they're 50 y/o they're a bunch of newbs.

Edit: To better explain myself, the recent format has been getting alot of luck based wins in tournaments. This has been a recent development of opinion between people on forums and tournament players (you can check hey trainer, six prizes and pokebeach all shout the same thing) I think it could be the simple standard of deck construction which alot of people view as the norm to be the result of the issue, but everyone's got an opinion.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
So guys... Could you help me with advice...? I mean, does winning a city/state/league tourney ALWAYS lead to this?

Not at all. I've never heard of such a thing. Here's some advice.

and now everyone thinks I cheated because of my luck and the fact that I forgot to let my opponent cut during a reshuffle due to no basic pokemon in my hand

If it was in a tournament then there should have been a judge there. If there's a ruling problem in a game in a tournament then the judge should be called over to try and resolve the problem. Where was the judge at this time? Your opponent should have called over the judge and told him/her that you didn't let them cut you deck and the judge would have you reshuffle, have your opponent cut and then carry on. Remember, it's up to both players to keep track of the game in progress, not just you.

and now this thirty year old adult is constantly swearing and cursing at me because I won the league tourney, and they had to shut him up by giving away a leftover badge from the earlier season and three card packs... Which made me a bit confused. When I told the manager of the store, he said it was MY fault because I forgot to cut that one time and they have every right to do what's needed because of that.

That doesn't sound right at all and is pretty sad. IMO they don't seem to know what they're doing very much. Are there any other leagues around you that you can go to or is that the only one?

Other than going to another league, you could try bringing a few friends that you know from outside the league there and play with them to the side and hope the other people end up forgetting it eventually. It's also important to note that if a league is running a tournament at the same time that league is on then they have to allow normal league play as well if any of the players want to do that instead.

And if none of those are an option, you can try to contact Pokemon directly here (if in the US). I'm not sure if they would do much, but they do like to hear feedback if something at one of their leagues or tournaments isn't doing very well.

hawkmbl

Curious
Not at all. I've never heard of such a thing. Here's some advice.

If it was in a tournament then there should have been a judge there. If there's a ruling problem in a game in a tournament then the judge should be called over to try and resolve the problem. Where was the judge at this time? Your opponent should have called over the judge and told him/her that you didn't let them cut you deck and the judge would have you reshuffle, have your opponent cut and then carry on. Remember, it's up to both players to keep track of the game in progress, not just you.

That doesn't sound right at all and is pretty sad. IMO they don't seem to know what they're doing very much. Are there any other leagues around you that you can go to or is that the only one?

Other than going to another league, you could try bringing a few friends that you know from outside the league there and play with them to the side and hope the other people end up forgetting it eventually. It's also important to note that if a league is running a tournament at the same time that league is on then they have to allow normal league play as well if any of the players want to do that instead.

And if none of those are an option, you can try to contact Pokemon directly here (if in the US). I'm not sure if they would do much, but they do like to hear feedback if something at one of their leagues or tournaments isn't doing very well.

There was a judge, he shuffled my deck instead of having the opponent cut it that time. So in other words the deck DID get mixed, just not by a cut. Funny thing is... The 30 Yr old is a judge there sometimes.

RNG_Reporter

Some people take this too serious.

It's not your fault, and you should really not get too worked up over it and show that it gets to you.

People will play you..there's really no way you can cheat as long as your opponent isn't a blind child. They should know how to play the game etc etc.

You won. Good job.

And old badges don't really matter, my league leaders handed them out a few times because they were extras and can't use them anymore. Let the store worry about the free packs..if they think it's so serious they can lose money by doing it.

And if it really was an issue, you wouldn't even be allowed back, yet you are.. Which just shows its more of just the kids giving you a hard time so they look a bit superior and they can all have something to group up together about.

Sounds childish to me.

Goodluck to you.

Swagsire

This is pretty wrong. and is pretty bad for the spirit of the game. You did nothing wrong, just be proud of your win and play who you want. My league says I cheat all the time, but no one believes them cause I hold my head up high and play fair. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I go back to the newb statement >.> , if he was the one who shuffled the deck by having it in his hands to make it so called fair is cheap. In my experience the more hardcore people are about people "cheating" are more likely to go over the deep end in accusing people/anyone of cheating.

hawkmbl

Curious
I go back to the newb statement >.> , if he was the one who shuffled the deck by having it in his hands to make it so called fair is cheap. In my experience the more hardcore people are about people "cheating" are more likely to go over the deep end in accusing people/anyone of cheating.

Yeah, I know, but as I said, the manager of the store is even against me, saying that I should be the one who should be banned forever because I forgot to shuffle ONE TIME. Heck, I'm so scared I'm nervous they will ban me from the prerelease tomorrow.

...And to think it was started because they found out I had asperger's syndrome

Swagsire

People get in a knot when change happens. It's natural. Just keep having fun and avoid contact with these people as much as you can while still having fun. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Well it would probably be safer to do it that way instead of qwagsires. No offense dude, some of what you said rings true, but having fun in front of a bunch of male dicks that don't like you at all, I used to be one of those guys, so I'll just tell you one thing, if he try's to have fun, they'll attack him, throw his deck, toss the table, etc. Just because deep down inside that persons psychology, "that person was able to laugh when I cannot" (and when you do think about it it is taunting them and pushing this further into a nasty situation). It's just better to avoid this one and let pokemon handle it like skitty on wailord said.

Swagsire

I suppose I just have a hard time after having such a tight knit community of players here. I could see how that'd go badly but, the way it sounds is it's continuing to go here, or quit playing at league. Which bites, and you shouldnt have to back down for stupid jerks. I definently agree, you need to contact pokemon through Skitty's link. Unless you feel threatened by their presence, keep going. Because theyre trying to bully you into not coming. If someone tosses a table or your deck, theres no way a TO would stand for that. NEVER. Qwaa ;195;

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
There was a judge, he shuffled my deck instead of having the opponent cut it that time. So in other words the deck DID get mixed, just not by a cut. Funny thing is... The 30 Yr old is a judge there sometimes.

I don't have a link to it right now, but it says in the judge resourses that if a judge shuffles a players deck (for whatever reason) then neither player can cut or shuffle it after that.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Swagsire said:
there's no way a TO would stand for that. NEVER

That may be true, but still there are some areas that don't use the official ruing system layed out by the pkmn PLAY staff, and discredit it due to personal idealism. I hate cutting decks, it's just not my thing (I think it wastes alot of time, which it does 2-5 minutes off of you're game per 30 min game, I have an obsession with speed (not the drug) and time management, I gots problems yo), I also don't like the decklist check, idc what sleeves I'm using (sometimes my decks sleeves look like an open package of skittles), etc stuff like that (which my PTO finds amusing).

Still, a TO or PTO must stand for they're players regardless of what happened. And skittys right, the judge has no room to complain if he was the one who shuffled you're deck.

hawkmbl

Curious
Well, luckily the tourney went OK, but I still got confused at something ELSE that happened... The kid who has been bullying me tried to get me disqualified by accusing me of stealing his dice, and then started FOLLOWING me everywhere I went in the store, just to keep telling me where his dice was. I told him I didn't take them, and yet he kept telling the judge and leader that I stole his dice. Luckily they didn't do anything as they were busy, but in the end, I got quite irritated when he pulled them out of his pocket. (They were there the whole time)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well, luckily the tourney went OK, but I still got confused at something ELSE that happened... The kid who has been bullying me tried to get me disqualified by accusing me of stealing his dice, and then started FOLLOWING me everywhere I went in the store, just to keep telling me where his dice was. I told him I didn't take them, and yet he kept telling the judge and leader that I stole his dice. Luckily they didn't do anything as they were busy, but in the end, I got quite irritated when he pulled them out of his pocket. (They were there the whole time)

Well if anything it (hopefully) proved to the judge that you aren't doing all (or any) of the things that people are acusing you of and that the other players are just being mean.