• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team: In or Out?

lugia*master

Cheese XD
I'm not one much for Ev training, but this is the team I have, and I'd like to know if it could improve a bit.

;196;
ESPEON/
Psyche
Lv.71
Attacks:
Psychic
Iron tail
Psybeam
Shadow Ball
Item: ?

;430;
HONCHKROW/
Haggy
Lv. 69
Attacks:
Night Slash
Fly
Defog
Aerial Ace
item: ?

;319;
SHARPEDO/
Kiido
lv.65
Attacks:
Hydro Pump
Crunch
Giga Impact
Surf

;469;
YANMEGA/
Megana
lv.67
Attacks:
Silver wind
Aincient Power
Sonicboom
double team

;059;
ARCANINE/
Candii
lv.70
Attacks:
Fire fang
Flare blitz
extremespeed
aerial ace

;254;
SCEPTILE/
Blade
lv.71
Attacks:
Leaf blade
Solarbeam
false swipe
leaf storm

Some of them are slightly clumsy, but tell me what you think, and how they could get better. Thanks ;)

I'm not one much for Ev training, but this is the team I have, and I'd like to know if it could improve a bit.

;196;
ESPEON/
Psyche
Lv.71
Attacks:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Grass Knot / Morning Sun / Substitute
Shadow Ball
Item: Leftovers / Wise Glasses

;430;
HONCHKROW/
Haggy
Lv. 69
Attacks:
Night Slash
Superpower
Heat Wave
Aerial Ace
item: Choice Band

;319;
SHARPEDO/
Kiido
lv.65
Attacks:
Hydro Pump
Crunch
Waterfall
Superpower
item: Choice Scarf
Not good with Sharpedo
;469;
YANMEGA/
Megana
lv.67
Attacks:
Air Slash
Aincient Power / Hidden Power {Ice}
Bug Buzz
Protect (If it's ability is Speed Boost) / Psychic (if it's ability is Tinted Lens)
item: Leftovers (Speed Boost) / Choice Specs (Tinted Lens)

;059;
ARCANINE/
Candii
lv.70
Attacks:
Thunder Fang
Flare blitz
extremespeed
Iron Head
item: Life Orb / Choice Band

;254;
SCEPTILE/
Blade
lv.71
Attacks:
Dragon Pulse
Substitute
Leech Seed
Grass Knot

Some of them are slightly clumsy, but tell me what you think, and how they could get better. Thanks ;)

Changes / Comments in BOLD.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Thank you!^^

Sceptile needs a complete moveShift, I thoguht as much, he knows too many grass moves. I can't find a life orb, as I'll 'equip' Arcanine with Choice band. Yanmega's ability is, indeed, speed boost, so protect is on the menu. I am wondering about the hidden power, though. I can never seem to get it to be sued in the right place. Thanks for all the changes, they look lots better! ^^

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
First of all, Levels don't matter, we will always recommened Level 100, or Level 50, as at 50, they are good to go in the Battle Frontier, but.... They don't learn moves they need until higher levels (Some pokemon).

;196;
ESPEON/
Psyche
Lv.71
Attacks:
Psychic
Grass Knot
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball
Item: Life Orb / Choice Specs

Iron Tail is a physical attack, and espeon should be using Special attacks. Replace it with Grass Knot, as it lets you hit a good number of pokemon for super effective, especially Swampert. You already have a Psychic type move, no reason to have another, use Signal Beam instead or even Calm Mind if you want. You can also use Substitute and use the Peteya Berry to raise SpAtk and have a Sub, but that's for more competitive battles.

;430;
HONCHKROW/
Haggy
Lv. 69
Attacks:
Night Slash
Superpower
Heat Wave
Drill Peck
item: Life Orb

No sir. 3 flying type moves is a big NO. Defog isn't needed at all, replace it with Heat Wave, as Honch has good SpAtk and it hits things he normally couldn't for Super Effective (Super Effective hits are more important than STAB some times (STAB=Same Type Attack Bonus)). Dark and Fightning have really great coverage, so adding Superpower (if you don't like the power drop, just switch, it's well worth taking out a pokemon) instead of the useless Fly (just get an HM Slave, having Fly on a main pokemon isn't very smart, as it's a crappy move). Drill Peck is stronger than Aerial Ace, so no point in not using it (never missing isn't that great, as it's rare to see Double Team).

;319;
SHARPEDO/
Kiido
lv.65
Attacks:
Waterfall
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Fang
item: Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf

Sharpedo has decent Attack, but not so good Special Attack. Waterfall will end up doing more damage than Hydro Pump. Now that you have a Physical STAB, no need for a redundant move, like surf. Ice Fang works nicely, hitting Grass, Dragons, Fliers, etc for super effective damage. Giga Impact will always be a stupid move. Always. Waterfall has 80 Base Power, with STAB it has 120. Giga Impact just has 150 and you must wait a turn after using it, so 2 Waterfalls end up having 240, much more power than a Giga Impact... Use Earthquake to hit Electrics and stuff. The Item choice is pretty much the same as the others, as Sharpedo is pretty frail, he'll want to deal as much damage as possible.

;469;
YANMEGA/
Megana
lv.67
Attacks:
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ice] / [Ground] / Shadow Ball
Air Slash
Protect / Shadow Ball

Make better use of Yanmega's nice SpAtk stat. Bug Buzz is stronger and have more PP than Silver Wind (the 10% chance boost isn't worth it). Double Team is frowned upon, and worthless if your hit while using it. If you want to avoid damage to get the speed boost, use Protect. If not, use Shadow Ball. Sonic Boom... 20 damage... Horrible, worthless move. Air Slash is a nice STAB move, with 75 BP and 30% chance of flinching :) Ancient Power isn't very good =/ use a good Hidden Power or Shadow Ball if you go with Protect. Yan doesn't have a very nice movepool =/

;059;
ARCANINE/
Candii
lv.70
Attacks:
Overheat
Flare blitz
extremespeed
aerial ace / Crunch / Thunder Fang
item: Choice Band / Life Orb

2 Fire STAB moves isn't good, unless one of them was Special. In Arcanine's case, OverHeat is a good option. Even though Arc has lower special attack, Overheat can deal more damage than Flare Blitz to pokemon like Skarmory, Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc. I'm not to sure about Aerial Ace, I think adding Thunder Fang or even Crunch would be better.

;254;
SCEPTILE/
Blade
lv.71
Attacks:
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
leaf storm / Substitute / Leech Seed
item: Leftovers

Ok, this guys moveset is pure crap :( Leaf Blade should only be used on a Swords Dance set, Solarbeam should never be used unless on a Sunny Day team (TEAM, as in all your pokemon take advantage of Sunny Day), Leaf Storm is ok, but um, in-game, not so much... False Swipe is just a completely worthless move, teach it to a different pokemon if you need it to catch others. Energy Ball is a nice special STAB move. Dragon Pulse has great coverage, hitting everything for nuetral except Steel, which is where Focus Blast comes in. You can keep Leaf Storm, but I recommend Substitute.

All your pokemon are sweepers/attackers, which is why I put Life Orb / Choice Specs/Band on almost all of them. Items like the Plates and single type power up items (Mystic Water, Miracle Seed, etc) should never be used, an exception is a Fake Out Ambipom, but even then, Life Orb is better.

Ignore what you will, I'm only helping. Changes and Comments in CYAN.

madmax

for honchkrow get rid of defog for shadow ball