• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my team-is it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salaman

this is my emerald team. untill verry recently(like the start of last week) i knew nothing about ev training so none of my pokemon were trained without ev's. is it worth re-breeding my whole team to get decent natures and proper ev's?

also i am strugling with some items to give some pokemon. any sugestions are apreciated. i have not beaten the elite four yet( i keep failing at wallace)

anyway here is my team:

blaziken@mental herb-mixed sweeper

relaxed nature

cut
blaze kick
dynamapunch
fire blast

peliper@none-tank

hardy nature

protect
rest
fly
aerial ace

absol@kings rock-phisical sweeper

lax nature

swords dance
slash
strength
bite

azumaril@quick claw-special sweeper

timid nature

blizard
rock smash(i know it's rubbish. when i decide on anothe rmove for it this will go)
surf
dive

claydol@none-mixed sweeper

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake
hyperbeam

ludicolo@none-i messed this one up.it's half mixed sweeper and half annoyer *sigh*

mild nature

secret power
bullet seed
toxic

anyway. help would be nice. they are all level 50 except blaziken(52) i was thinking about adding a salamance in there (i have an untrained bagon)
waterfall

Exel 4.0

Banned
Well... for starters, here's some critisism

THIS TEAM SUCKS, OMG, HOW COULD YOU MAKE SUCH A HORRIBLE TEAM *takes a shot of morphine*

Now for the rating *cracks his knuckles*

blaziken@mental herb-mixed sweeper

relaxed nature

sky uppercut
bulk up
mirror move/ slash (I don't know too much about blazikens moveset)
overheat
There's two reasons not to have a mixed sweeper: #1) You'd have to spread the EV's into attack and special attack #2) Natures don't have anything to pick on. Overheat and psycho boost go past this rule though

peliper@chesto berry-tank

hardy (neutral?) nature

protect
rest
surf
aerial ace (get something to raise defense or special defense if you can)
You have a screwed up choice of pokemon

lax nature

swords dance
slash
strength
bite
I have almost no knowledge of dark pokemon, so here's my advice: slash and strength are almost the same thing, get rid of slash and bite (and preferably strength) if you want a good physical sweeper

timid nature

blizard
rock smash(i know it's rubbish. when i decide on anothe rmove for it this will go)
surf
dive
*sigh* why do I bother?

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake
hyperbeam <see this move? Never use it, except maybe on slaking.
sadly, this is the best moveset I've seen

ludicolo@none-i messed this one up.it's half mixed sweeper and half annoyer *sigh*

mild nature

secret power
bullet seed
toxic
---PUT FOURTH MOVE HERE---

About half way through rating that I realized that if I fully rated it I'd be starting from scratch.

Your main problem is mixing HM moves in there and not being able to tell the diffrence between a physical attack and a special attack.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
since our mr.pro didnt rate ur team much at all here i am

salaman said:
this is my emerald team. untill verry recently(like the start of last week) i knew nothing about ev training so none of my pokemon were trained without ev's. is it worth re-breeding my whole team to get decent natures and proper ev's?

also i am strugling with some items to give some pokemon. any sugestions are apreciated. i have not beaten the elite four yet( i keep failing at wallace)

i wonder why?

anyway here is my team:

blaziken@lefties or white herb

adamant nature

sky uppercut
overheat
swords dance
rock slide

peliper@none-tank

hardy nature

protect
rest
fly
aerial ace

dont even USE this....

starmie@lefties/shell bell
modest or timid

surf
T-bolt
Ice Beam
Recover

a much better water pokemon

lax nature

swords dance
slash
strength
bite

again dont use...

salamence@lefties/shell bell
adamant or jolly

aerial ace
dragon dance
EQ
Rock Slide

timid nature

blizard
surf
dive

i love ur choice of pokemon

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake
hyperbeam

wow.... i love this set

mild nature

secret power
bullet seed
toxic

wow... an INCOMPLETE SET!!! dies*

since you dont like me going kaflkdjasklfdj i will say something

get better pokemon like metagross or a wall like ionno skarm

cant beat wallace get an electric pokemon and a metagross with sludge bomb will take care of ludicolo

EDIT: oh yeah most of the positive comments i made are sarcasm

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
well, you're using some pretty weak pokemon. (no offence) Omit pelliper, azumeril, and preferably absol.

try starmie/milotic/lanturn, some physical sweeper, and maybe skarmkory. Although someone might have a better suggetion than skarmory.

Exel 4.0

Banned
I didn't really do much of a rating job for a very good reason... the only thing I'm good at rating is steel pokemon.

Even I know that this person should start from scratch.

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
Well yes, metagross would be the best steel type, but he hasn't beaten the elite four yet, which you need to do to get metagross. I meant before he beat the elite four.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
weeel, i'm not sure what to say... a tricky team in my opinion, too many electric/ grass weaknesses though it's only in your own interest to listen to that! my team were nearly all in the 50-52 range too when i first beat wallace, so i'll give some recommendations :

blaziken@charcoal/black belt

relaxed nature (this only matters in the battle palace)

slash/ overheat (though never use before flamethrower/ blaze kick)
blaze kick
dynamapunch
flamethrower

peliper@sharp beak/ leftovers/ quick claw (if available)

advice: boost speed ( a lot) and Sp. Defense

protect
supersonic (first move in battle. follow with double team/attract, then protect or fly)
fly/ wing attack/steel wing
double team/attract

absol@kings rock/ blackglasses (recommended)

lax nature

aerial ace (for fighting pokemon)
slash
shadow ball
bite

azumaril@quick claw

timid nature

blizzard/ ice beam
try strength
surf/ hydro pump
dig (for electric foes)

claydol@hard stone/soft sand

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake
hyperbeam (use only in emergency/desperate times or when sure an ohko can be achieved/ opponent is not rock/steel/ghost and has hp around 35% or less)

ludicolo@miracle seed

mild nature

brick break
giga drain
toxic(if with Rain Dish ability)/ blizzard/ ice beam (whichever Azumarill doesn't know)
facade
/ waterfall

if you're insistent on keeping this team, i'd understand as i hate using what everybody says is strong too and don't. i follow my gut and put my best into raising what all say are weak, to make them strong. (to make you feel better, i used azumarill and blaziken too and won, so don't give up. Hear that Exel 4.0? IN YOUR FACE!) i dont bother with EV's either; vitamins, experience with the pokemon you raise and trust always work (god, now i sound like a loony fanatic.) My advice is: go for accuracy, not power. against the elite, hitting hard and fast has always worked for me, no matter which version i play. it's also no good knowing powerful moves if they have a high chance of missing.
Now, about salamence; training him is tricky, but ensure that if you do, try the following moveset (i will too.):

Salamence @ king's rock

nature? dunno, don't care.
Advice: if pelipper doesn't work out, switch salamence with it.

Flamethrower
Headbutt ( hence the king's rock)
Dragonbreath/ Dragon Claw
Crunch
Note: a flygon with this same moveset would do nicely, too in place of claydol. A heracross with the below moveset would work well too in place of pelipper:

Heracross @ quick claw

Advice: build heracross's speed and defense
Megahorn
Endure
Reversal
Rock Tomb

in conclusion, level up by about five or ten levels before going back in against him (wallace, i mean), uless you plan to use them in the battle frontier lv 50 division after the league. Later!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
weeel, i'm not sure what to say... a tricky team in my opinion, too many electric/ grass weaknesses though it's only in your own interest to listen to that! my team were nearly all in the 50-52 range too when i first beat wallace, so i'll give some recommendations :

blaze kick
dynamapunch
flamethrower

protect
supersonic (first move in battle. follow with double team/attract, then protect or fly)
double team/attract

lax nature

slash
shadow ball
bite

azumaril@quick claw

timid nature

blizzard/ ice beam
try strength
surf/ hydro pump
dig (for electric foes)

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake
hyperbeam (use only in emergency/desperate times or when sure an ohko can be achieved/ opponent is not rock/steel/ghost and has hp around 35% or less)

ludicolo@miracle seed

mild nature

brick break
giga drain
toxic(if with Rain Dish ability)/ blizzard/ ice beam (whichever Azumarill doesn't know)
facade
/ waterfall

if you're insistent on keeping this team, i'd understand as i hate using what everybody says is strong too and don't. i follow my gut and put my best into raising what all say are weak, to make them strong. (to make you feel better, i used azumarill and blaziken too and won, so don't give up. Hear that Exel 4.0? IN YOUR FACE!) i dont bother with EV's either; vitamins, experience with the pokemon you raise and trust always work (god, now i sound like a loony fanatic.) My advice is: go for accuracy, not power. against the elite, hitting hard and fast has always worked for me, no matter which version i play. it's also no good knowing powerful moves if they have a high chance of missing.
Now, about salamence; training him is tricky, but ensure that if you do, try the following moveset (i will too.):

Salamence @ king's rock

Flamethrower
Crunch
Note: a flygon with this same moveset would do nicely, too in place of claydol. A heracross with the below moveset would work well too in place of pelipper:

Heracross @ quick claw/silk scarf

Megahorn
Endure
Reversal
Rock Tomb/Facade (if with the Guts ability)

in conclusion, level up by about five or ten levels before going back in against him (wallace, i mean), uless you plan to use them in the battle frontier lv 50 division after the league. Later!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
My honest to God opinion

blaze kick
dynamapunch
flamethrower

protect
double team/attract

lax nature

slash
shadow ball
bite

azumaril@quick claw

timid nature

blizzard/ ice beam
try strength
surf/ hydro pump
dig (for electric foes)

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake

ludicolo@miracle seed

mild nature

brick break
giga drain
facade
/ waterfall

Salamence @ king's rock

Flamethrower
Crunch

Megahorn
Endure
Reversal

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
My opinion

Weeell, i'm not sure what to say... a tricky team in my opinion, too many electric/ grass weaknesses though it's only in your own interest to listen to that! my team were nearly all in the 50-52 range too when i first beat wallace, so i'll give some recommendations :

blaze kick
dynamapunch
flamethrower

protect
double team/attract

lax nature

slash
shadow ball
bite

azumaril@quick claw

timid nature

blizzard/ ice beam
try strength
surf/ hydro pump
dig (for electric foes)

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake

ludicolo@miracle seed

mild nature

brick break
giga drain
facade
/ waterfall

Salamence @ king's rock

Flamethrower
Crunch

Megahorn
Endure
Reversal

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
My honest to God opinion

blaze kick
dynamapunch
flamethrower

protect
double team/attract

lax nature

slash
shadow ball
bite

azumaril@quick claw

timid nature

blizzard/ ice beam
try strength
surf/ hydro pump
dig (for electric foes)

lax nature

psychic
ancient power
earthquake

ludicolo@miracle seed

mild nature

brick break
giga drain
facade
/ waterfall

Salamence @ king's rock

Flamethrower
Crunch

Megahorn
Endure
Reversal

John's Knight

^Shiny Mightyena, you have posted 5 Times!!!
Still, everyone forgot that you can only have metagross (beldum, in fact) AFTER you defeat the elite 4 and he hasn't do it yet!!!
here are my opinions: can't say anything, because they're very bad, to not say s***, but get rid of pelliper and azumarill. absol, if you put a good moveset, will be great. Blaziken should be a physical sweeper. Listen to the others opinions.
Hope i've helped!!!

~~PokeKnight~~

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
uh, oh, i double-post again... Sorry, Serebii! i was in a rush, and i thought my browser was messing up! Later!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
no, No , NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm soooooo sorry! Thanks for pointing out my mistake, PokeKnight! really, thanks a million (no sarcasm)! Everybody, pls check out my fanfic and help Glitch give me the boost to write better! GLITCH, YOU'RE GREAT! okay, sorry again ,all and Later!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
oh, my fic ,by the way, is "The Corei Quest". Okay now i'm really, really outta this thread for now... Later!

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
lol just stfu and stop suggesting double team, please die

S

salaman

gah! i messed up big time...

eep.

i'll put salamance in place of absol(with shiny mightyena's move set)

i'll keep blaziken but with pureheart's set

swap peliper for mightyena's heracross

i intend to swap ludicolo for metagross after the elite four anyway(meteor mash/metal claw/earthquake/?????) but a skarmory may be a good idea in the meantime

cladol i'l keep but swap hyper beam for explosion maby?

and azumaril swaped for a starmie (as sugested by pureheart)or a milotic

thanks to those of you who were polite :) and i didn't realise i duble posted it... oops.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
if you use any of shiny mightyenas' suggestions you should admit yourself to a psychiatric institute

Status
Not open for further replies.