• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team is open to suggestions!

ujustgotponedftw

ambitious legend
Drapion ;452;
adamant; likes to fight
accupressure
poison jab
aqua tail
earthquake

Raichu ;026;
brave; hates to lose
volt tackle
iron tail
thunder
dig

Gallade ;475;
rash; proud of it's power
close combat
leaf blade
helping hand
night slash

Starapter ;398;
hardy; somewhat of a clown
brave bird
close combat
steel wing
arial ace

Rypeirior ;464;
calm; capable of taking hits
rock wreaker
earthquake
horn drill
poison jab

wailord ;321;
docile; likes to run
water spout
fissure
rest
hydro pump

please send suggestions for i'm looking forward to an epic battle coming up soon!

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Drapion ;452;
adamant; likes to fight
accupressure
poison jab
aqua tail
earthquake

Raichu ;026;
brave; hates to lose
volt tackle
iron tail
substitute
focus punch

Gallade ;475;
rash; proud of it's power
close combat
leaf blade
psycho cut
night slash/shadow sneak

Starapter ;398;
hardy; somewhat of a clown
brave bird
close combat
steel wing
arial ace

Rypeirior ;464;
calm; capable of taking hits
stone edge
earthquake
swordsdance
thunderpunch/rock polish

you can double boost or just use coverage

wailord ;321;@choice scarf
docile; likes to run
water spout
ice beam
earthquake
surf
wailord running? lol. anyways, mixed scarfer, waterspout as much as possible and everything else is filler

please send suggestions for i'm looking forward to an epic battle coming up soon!
you know the drill

Last edited:

ujustgotponedftw

ambitious legend
thnx guy i'll consider it

Final

I Submit to No One
Drapion ;452;
adamant; likes to fight
Swords Dance
Night Slash / Crunch
Aqua Tail / Ice Fang / Cross Poison
earthquake

You may be better off with Swords Dance than Accupressure. Personally, the instant attack boost is more beneficial than the shaky random boost of a single stat. The instant double Attack will allow Drapion to be more threatening quicker. Even with its average base Attack. Night Slash or Crunch are better for STAB than Poison Jab since Poison is a rather bad Attacking Type. Ice Fang and Cross Poison could be used with Aqua Tail since Earthquake covers most things that Aqua Tail covers. Poison isn't a good Attacking Type but Cross Poison deserves mention for being STABed and offering a high Critical Hit rate.

Raichu ;026;
Hasty / Naive; hates to lose
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Focus Punch
Substitute

A Mixed SubPuncher personally would be more viable than what you already have. Substitute protects Raichu from status and allows it to absorb a hit if behind it, Focus Punch is very powerful even without STAB and it becomes viable with Substitute, Grass Knot gets coverage namely on bulky Water / Ground types who can take Focus Punch and also hits stuff like Rhyperior for an OHKO. Something Focus Punch may not achieve. Thunderbolt is used over Volt Tackle as Substitute + recoil from Volt Tackle will really make Raichu's life shorter than what it normally would be. A Hasty or Naive Nature is best for this set as Raichu needs to be as fast as possible.

Gallade ;475;
Adamant / Jolly; proud of it's power
close combat
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
night slash / Psycho Cut

Helping Hand is useless outside of double battles so use Swords Dance instead. Stone Edge is better than Leaf Blade as Leaf Blade doesn't really provide any ignificant type coverage for Gallade as Close Combat wrecks pretty much everything. Psycho Cut can be used over Night Slash for another STAB move but again, the type coverage offered by it is limited compared to Night Slash. An Adamant or Jolly nature is best here as they boost Gallade's most essential stats for this set without hindering any important ones. Shadow Sneak could be used for priority but the damage output will be rather underwhelming without a Swords Dance or 2 behind Gallade. Use it over Stone Edge or Night Slash / Psycho Cut but do not use it if you also use Night Slash since the Type coverage offered by Night Slash and Shadow Sneak are redundant together.

Starapter ;398;
Jolly / Adamant; somewhat of a clown
brave bird
close combat
Return / Double-Edge
U-Turn / Steel Wing

Return or Double-Edge are generally better options for Staraptor than Steel wing since they're STABed. Return is better since 2 recoil moves is rather excessive for any Pokemon without the Rock Head ability. U-Turn is generally the best option for a filler move. Steel Wing could be used in that spot but its Type coverage is redundant with Close Combat and Close Combat's damage output is much better making it the better option.

Rypeirior ;464;
Adamant; capable of taking hits
Stone Edge
earthquake
Megahorn
Aqua Tail / Fire Punch

Rhyperior is a monster of an Attacker and should have moves that provide the best type coverage for it. Stone Edge is always better than Rock Wrecker. Rock Wrecker is a terrible move to use in every case regardless of the extra power offered by it since it will leave Rhyperior a sitting duck for 2 turns and not to mention Stone Edge will outdamage it over 2 turns. Megahorn is better than Horn Drill since it rips apart Grass Types. Aqua Tail is redundant with Earthquake is some cases but it is Rhyperior's best option against stuff like Hippowdon and Gliscor who can take Rhyperior's hits. Fire Punch however gets coverage on floating Steel Types that can take Rhyperior's other attacks. Namely Skarmory. Skarmory can't take too many Stone Edges but it can stall them out with Roost and Stone Edge's PP and accuracy do leave something to be desired. An Adamant Nature is what should be used here. You could use a Jolly Nature but Rhyperior is slow even with it. A Jolly Nature is really only useful for a Rock Polish set.

wailord ;321;
Mild / Rash / Hasty / Naive; likes to run
water spout
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf

Mixed Attacker. Earthquake is better than Fissure, Ice Beam covers Grass Types and Surf is better than Hydro Pump for this particular set since Water Spout is Wailord's power move. Surf's reliability is what makes it better in this case. Between Hydro Pump and Surf, the extra power offered by Hydro Pump is nice but the misses are not. A Mild, Rash, Hasty or Naive Nature work best for this set.

Suggestions bolded. Hope they help.

I find that Subpunching ingame is harder to execute, especially since the CPU rarely switches out and tends to go for straight offense. I'm not saying Subpunch can't work, because it sure can... but there's a more straight-forward option for ingame.

Another mixed Raichu set:

Raichu (Mild/Rash/Hasty/Naive Nature) @Life Orb
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Brick Break
-Quick Attack/Fake Out/Thunder Wave

Final: There really is no point to having Close Combat AND Steel Wing on the same Staraptor set. Steel is super-effective against Ice/Rock types, and so is Fighting, but Fighting is also effective against Dark/Normal/etc... So U-Turn is the way to go.

ujustgotponedftw

ambitious legend
you 2 just destroyed my entire team; accupressure is for doubles and there is no way i'd ever get rid of volt tackle!