• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team (OU)

conal1568

Bring Back AFTERLIFE
Togekiss @ Choice scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 SPE/6 Def
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Thunderwave
- Reflect
- Air slash

This has been my most successful lead yet. Trick cripples most SR and weather leads and forces them to switch giving me a free turn to turn togekiss into a bulky neast with reflect or cripple the common speedy switch in which hates to be paralyzed like weavile, salamence, infernape or tyranitar. Once all this has been achieved i can proceed to flinch hax my way to victory. This lead allows me to cripple the opposing lead (T-wave for fellow scarfers then switch and come back later) usually get a KO and leave a pokemon paralyzed and leave up a defensive screen for few turns allowing my swampert to effectively set up SR and tank away or phaze with roar

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/128 DEF/128 ATK
Impish Nature
- Stealth rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Swampert comes in very easily after togekiss as there usually wont be a grass opponent on field. Maybe he should be careful natured to enhance reflect's effect? He gets an easy SR and roars away any setter uppers or potential counters which also racks up residual damage and scouts the opposing team. Earthquake for obvious coverage and waterfall to take advantage of torrent as the only way he goes down is chipping away at him giving him the opportunity to blast off some powerful boosted waterfalls

Uxie @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/252DEF/6SPD (should it be more even?)
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- U-turn

This is my signature poke. He comes in after swampert and sets up the screens with 99% success rate. He then uses memento which effectively kills him off and renderws the foe usless. This gives me both a free switch in and a turn to set up as the useless opponent switches out. Its is the transition before sending one of my set up sweepers to kill as much as possible. With screen support my bulky scizor and slight more fragile porygon become bulky tanks who are allowed to set up making them brutally scary. The switches help rack up further residual damage with staelth rock. If all else fails - U-turn and try again

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technition
EVs: 32HP/252Atk/224Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

Standard scizor. With screen support and a free swords dance, scizor is lethal and you all know what he can do. His neutral coverage is second to none here and he will take a few pokes down and maybe even finish off the opposing team. Not sure what else to say. Maybe replace life orb with occa berry? or something else

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 252spa/252spe/6hp
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Tri-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

My second option after Uxie. Generally i send him in on an opponent which i know to have low SPD to get a Sp.atk boost similar to choice specs boosting it to over 600. With a free agility he becomes unstoppable with STAB Tri-Attacks denting anything not resisant and Bolt-Beam causing havoc. He can really lay into a team and is hard to take down with screen support.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 248HP/228DEF/32SPD
Bold Nature
-Roar
-Toxic
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt

An interesting zapdos set i came up with with the standard defensive EV's. Its role is to stop the opponent in their tracks and prevent tham from gaining momentum. Roars away any stat boosts, paralyses speedy sweepers like weavile etc and toxics anything which might try to counter-stall. Thunderbolt to do a bit of damage

That's my team. Please respond with constructive criticism

My main issue is the setter uppers. I need them to almost have flawless SE coverage between them so i need some fresh ideas. Needs to be something unstoppable after a set up. I used to have a rock polish rampardos instead of scizor but he was to dependant and couldnt cope on his own

Thanks in advance

Brikien93

Flygon Fan
My team would enjoy a celebratory group outing to Pizzahut after defeating you.

Helpful rate is helpful.

Togekiss @ Choice scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 SPE/6 Def
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Thunderwave
- Reflect
- Air slash

This has been my most successful lead yet. Trick cripples most SR and weather leads and forces them to switch giving me a free turn to turn togekiss into a bulky neast with reflect or cripple the common speedy switch in which hates to be paralyzed like weavile, salamence, infernape or tyranitar. Once all this has been achieved i can proceed to flinch hax my way to victory. This lead allows me to cripple the opposing lead (T-wave for fellow scarfers then switch and come back later) usually get a KO and leave a pokemon paralyzed and leave up a defensive screen for few turns allowing my swampert to effectively set up SR and tank away or phaze with roar

This seems like an interesting lead I must admit. Never used a kiss before, so I don't wanna give an unexperienced rate here.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/128 DEF/128 ATK
Impish Nature
- Stealth rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Waterfall/Avalanche/Ice punch

Swampert comes in very easily after togekiss as there usually wont be a grass opponent on field. Maybe he should be careful natured to enhance reflect's effect? He gets an easy SR and roars away any setter uppers or potential counters which also racks up residual damage and scouts the opposing team. Earthquake for obvious coverage and waterfall to take advantage of torrent as the only way he goes down is chipping away at him giving him the opportunity to blast off some powerful boosted waterfalls

Out of curiosity, what do the EV's perform? Anymore i'm seeing a lot of 252/128/128 spreads, and i'm not understanding why. The only thing I can rate for this off the top of my head, is replacing waterfall with avalanche or ice punch. Ground and Ice gets much better coverage than Ground and Water. You might also change the EV spread to 252 HP, 216 Def, 40 Atk. This gives you a defensive jump point, with the remainder placed in attack for a boost. Other than that it seems pretty fine to me.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/252DEF/6SPD (should it be more even?)
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- U-turn

This is my signature poke. He comes in after swampert and sets up the screens with 99% success rate. He then uses memento which effectively kills him off and renderws the foe usless. This gives me both a free switch in and a turn to set up as the useless opponent switches out. Its is the transition before sending one of my set up sweepers to kill as much as possible. With screen support my bulky scizor and slight more fragile porygon become bulky tanks who are allowed to set up making them brutally scary. The switches help rack up further residual damage with staelth rock. If all else fails - U-turn and try again

Again seems fine.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technition
EVs: 32HP/252Atk/224Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

Standard scizor. With screen support and a free swords dance, scizor is lethal and you all know what he can do. His neutral coverage is second to none here and he will take a few pokes down and maybe even finish off the opposing team. Not sure what else to say. Maybe replace life orb with occa berry? or something else

Standard Scizor is standard. Definitely stick with the life orb.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252spa/252spe/6hp
Modest Nature
- HP-Fighting/HP-Fire
- Tri-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

My second option after Uxie. Generally i send him in on an opponent which i know to have low SPD to get a Sp.atk boost similar to choice specs boosting it to over 600. With a free agility he becomes unstoppable with STAB Tri-Attacks denting anything not resisant and Bolt-Beam causing havoc. He can really lay into a team and is hard to take down with screen support.

To be honest, with porygon-z's frailty, I don't see you having enough time to setup without risking a quick knock out. I think you'd find more utility out of choice specs or scarf set. You might find more utility out of a specs set if you get another pokemon to spread some para hax. Oh wait, it appears as though zapdos pulls that off. The choice is yours. The hidden power is for hitting the likes of tyranitar or scizor.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 248HP/228DEF/32SPD
Bold Nature
-Roar
-Roost
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt

An interesting zapdos set i came up with with the standard defensive EV's. Its role is to stop the opponent in their tracks and prevent tham from gaining momentum. Roars away any stat boosts, paralyses speedy sweepers like weavile etc and toxics anything which might try to counter-stall. Thunderbolt to do a bit of damage

I kind of like this, but I think you need to change out toxic for roost, simply because with Stealth Rock being so prevailent, he's not gonna last too terribly long.

That's my team. Please respond with constructive criticism

My main issue is the setter uppers. I need them to almost have flawless SE coverage between them so i need some fresh ideas. Needs to be something unstoppable after a set up. I used to have a rock polish rampardos instead of scizor but he was to dependant and couldnt cope on his own

Thanks in advance

I'm not the kind of person to recommend replacement pokemon often, since i'm not very adept at pointing out weaknesses in teams =/ That's all the help I can afford for now. I'll try some more later.

conal1568

Bring Back AFTERLIFE
Thanks for the rate, porygon can scare away so usually forces switches

if not he's got untimely support from uxie allowing this too

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
For the Uxie, I would say change the spread to 252 Hp/ 180 Def/ 76 Spe. Since you're setting up reflect, you don't have to max out your defense Evs. The Speed Evs are for outrunning Adamant Scizor. This way, you can set up Reflect before Scizor U-turns.

I'm not sure you need to 2 pokemon to set up Reflect as Uxie is bulky enough to repeatedly switch in and set up multiple Reflects. That and Togekiss will be walled by some leads, mainly Metagross, Heatran, and Bronzong to a certain extent. Aura Sphere can fit somewhere, probably replacing Reflect. You have calm nature, but no Sp.Def Evs invested. I don't think that will work well.

For Porygon-Z, I would say use Hidden Power:Fighting for those Tyranitars that tend to come out on Porygon-Z.

I'm not particularly sure how you counter Scizor. Zapdos with Heat Wave could solve that problem.

Noppy

yeah, but arnet hidden powers kind of set in stone? I've always been confused over this. Apart from togekiss' unnecessary reflect, I wouldn't like to come up against these mons, not one bit

(Y) THUMBS UP!

HP, both the Base Power as the type is determined by the IV's of the pokemon. You have to breed it if you want it right. On Shoddy you can just set the IV's right, though.

Definetely go for a Scarf on PorygonZ. The set-up build is barely used for a good reason. It's too situational to use effectively. With Scarf however, and Download, Z becomes a lethal revenge killer.Isn't 'Kiss a bit slow for a Trick build? The faster poke's would have SR set up with ease. Consider running a speed boosting nature.For Scizor Superpower might be an option over Brick Break, simply because it OHKO's more. I believe it can OHKO Blissey, whereas Brick Break can't, but I'd need the damage calculations to back it up, which I don't have. For Zapdos, Heat Wave is definetely a good option, since Scizor is too popular for it's own good, and being Scizor weak is a bad omen.

Your team seems slightly defensively orientated, which is a relatively fresh wind. Kudos.

HP, both the Base Power as the type is determined by the IV's of the pokemon. You have to breed it if you want it right. On Shoddy you can just set the IV's right, though.

Definetely go for a Scarf on PorygonZ. The set-up build is barely used for a good reason. It's too situational to use effectively. With Scarf however, and Download, Z becomes a lethal revenge killer.Isn't 'Kiss a bit slow for a Trick build? The faster poke's would have SR set up with ease. Consider running a speed boosting nature.For Scizor Superpower might be an option over Brick Break, simply because it OHKO's more. I believe it can OHKO Blissey, whereas Brick Break can't, but I'd need the damage calculations to back it up, which I don't have. For Zapdos, Heat Wave is definetely a good option, since Scizor is too popular for it's own good, and being Scizor weak is a bad omen.

Your team seems slightly defensively orientated, which is a relatively fresh wind. Kudos.