1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

My team seems to suffer.

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by PrinnyJesus, Feb 16, 2009.

1. PrinnyJesus

PrinnyJesus New Member

This is the first team that I decided to EV raise to lv100, however they still seem to suffer to the likes of Salamence and Starmie. I was wondering if maybe I'm using the wrong items or what, but I am unsure. Can someone give me suggestions on raising different pokemon or different moves?

Name: Claydol
    Nature: Careful
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid Spin
    -Explosion
    EV Spread: 252 HP/200 Sp. Def/50 Def

I use this pokemon as a support pokemon through and through, but it doesn't seem to take switch-ins well.

Name: Feraligatr
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Attacks:
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Superpower
    -Earthquake
    EV Spread: 252 Atk/252 Spd

This is my all-around water type. I'm eager to switch it to Platinum to teach it Ice Punch and Outrage.

Name: Dusknoir
    Nature: Impish
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks:
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Fire Punch
    -Pain Split
    EV Stats: 252 HP/252 Def

This is my bulky ghost that I usually switch in to protect my stealth rock from spinners. As expected it's prone to Shadow Ball & Draco Meteor.

Name: Medicham
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Attacks:
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Psycho Cut
    -Ice Punch
    -ThunderPunch
    EV Spread: 252 Atk/252 Spd

This is definently the "Glass Cannon" of my team, Pure Power making her a valuable asset.

Name: Garchomp
    Item: Choice Band
    -Outrage
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    EV Stats: 252 Atk/252 Spd

I know what your thinking. Wtf, Uber tier much. When I go wifi I announce 1 über a team and well this is mine. Being that he's the powerhouse of the team.

Name: Magmortar
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Choice Specs
    Attacks:
    -Overheat
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Dragon-type)
    EV Stats: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd

Magmortar is no doubt my personal favorite. I was honestly wondering though if it's just a weak magmortar seeing how it loses a lot. :<

Comments on my team much appreciated, this being my first wifi team ever.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Reno

Reno so adorable...

Actual EV spreads please. I am giving you a chance to edit them in before I lock.

3. Addie

Addie (•✖•)

Also, not to mini-mod or anything but the "1 Uber a team" rule is utter crap, because you're using a team full of UUs and they are all seriously going to get walled by Lugia.

4. Blue Ace

Blue Ace Pokemon is Dead

^ That should fall under the "no gimmicks" rule in my opinion.

5. groovitational skiing9867

groovitational skiing9867 trapeze teddiursa!

outrage isn't necessary for feraligatr because he has ice punch. the reason why all the dragons want outrage is because of the STAB not the coverage. hidden power dragon?!?! you'd be better off with ice unless you realy hate kingdra.

fire fang gives chomp better coverage in the uu tier. if you are playing in the uber tier (which apparently your not?) keep crunch.

replace dusknoir with rotom h for he is a better spin blocker and can harm starmie. im not sure about the set though. check the rotom analysis in blue aces sig. he knows what hes talking about

claydol shouldn't be a lead or have explosion. if you want him to say alive

6. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

This team is for Wi-Fi, and alternate forms forms can't be used on Wi-Fi (outside of Deoxys).