• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
This is my team:

item:soft sand
Torterra
Rock Polish
EarthQuake
Giga Drain
Stone Edge

item: iron ball
Weavile
Swagger
Assurance
Night Slash
-filler-

item: -filler-
Gastrodon
Surf
Raindance
Ice beam
Recover

item:-filler-
Lucario
Swords dance
Iron Tail
Flash cannon
Drain punch

item: shell bell
Vespiquen
U turn
Attack order
Defend order
heal order

and need a suggestion for items and last pokemon

C&C

Lucario should have Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse,and Psychic to cover that fighting weakness; and, well I don't really know what the fourth move should be...

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
My Lucario has higher normal attack than specaial attack, so I gave it 2 physical moves. Plus I have swords dance to power his two attack moves up. I might change flash cannon to Psychic, but Psychic I don't have a TM of anymore.

Any more suggestions?

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
My Lucario has higher normal attack than specaial attack, so I gave it 2 physical moves. Plus I have swords dance to power his two attack moves up. I might change flash cannon to Psychic, but Psychic I don't have a TM of anymore.

Any more suggestions?

Wtf? Lucario's Satk = 115, Atk = 110. You fail at maths, unless you come from a strange, mutant, parallel universe. Also, Iron Ball? That's the item that makes your Pokemon attack last, yes? Why on EARTH have you got it on a Weavile!? It's a sweeper, it doesn't have the defences to hit last! It's designed to hit first and hit hard. Eurgh! Vespiquen fails too, move U-Turn for a different attack. You can cover more types. I can't be bothered rating them all.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
OK. I have reasons for all.

My Lucario has 133 for Attk, and 115 for spatk. My Weavile's strategy is so that swagger hurts the enemy first, and assurance does double damage. I've used U turn on my Vespiquen often, but if you have a suggestion for my Vespiquen to use a move, or for suggestion for any of my pokemon, please tell me it. Don't just say that I'm wrong. I'm new to this though, so if you have a problem with my team please tell me a soltuion.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Torterra@lefties
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood hammer
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

OR

Torterra@lefties
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood hammer
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

When was the last time you took a look at Torterra's stats? I doubt you have: Torterra needs a crapload of speed EVs to properly pull off Rock Polish, and it's got better moves to use than use Giga Drain.

Weavile@lefties / Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance / Ice Shard

Using Swagger and Assurance to get the foe to hit itself first is risky aka never ever use it. Weavile can't afford to take physical hits, and by using Swagger you're sending your own sweeper to the afterlife.

Gastrodon@lefties
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Basically an inferior Swampert.

Lucario@lefties
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

You've got a problem with its stats? Rebreed.

Vespiquen@lefties
Impish Nature
- Attack Order
- heal Order
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

Vespiquen can't really do much anyway.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
Thanks, that was the kind of post I was looking for.

Torterra I will change.

My Weavile set was a bit risky. But one slight problem. Isn't ice shard a special move?

Gastrodon I'll do, but I'm gonna keep Rain dance. it double the water moves, that 's 200%. Then the Splash plate, 210%. Then stab. 220%. Then any super effective hits make it 440%. alot.

I don't rebreed pokemon in htis team, but I might in the next.
My Lucario's stats are:
HP:
Attack
Defence:
Sp atk:
Sp.Def:
Speed:

It obviously have IVs in Atk.

I'm keeping Defend order on Vespiquen, but pursuit! Power gem would be better.

Thank you for suggestions.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
If you've been battling with your pokemon without specific EV training looking at the stats won't help you figure out what its IVs really are, even with the IV calculator. If you want to have a good look at what its stats are you need to rebreed and raise it to about lvl 20, without battling aka using daycare or Rare Candies. This way you'll get a much more accurate IV spread.

What nature is the Lucario? that will End this stupid conversation.
Ice Shard is Physical, but i would recommend aerial ace or Pursuit in that spot. Also for torterra, Stone Edge is good.oh, and i bet that lucario is naughty!

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Why does Lucario need a Steel move when Fighting covers what it does and does it better? Common sense please, people.

Sceptile Owns All

Team Explorer in MD2
Torterra @Leftovers
Careful/Adamant Nature
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Seed Bomb/Synthesis/Wood Hammer

Weavile @Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

Gastrodon @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Surf
-Curse

OR

Gastrodon @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Recover

Lucario @Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
-Endure
-Reversal
-Crunch
-Swords Dance

OR

Lucario @Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Blaze Kick
-Crunch/Stone Edge

OR

Lucario @Leftovers
Modest/Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse

Vespiquen @Leftovers
Impish/Careful Nature
-Attack Order
-Defend Order
-Heal Order
-Toxic/Aerial Ace

You're lacking a Special Sweeper on your team. One of my favorite Special Sweepers is Roserade.

Roserade @Choice Specs
Modest/Timid Nature
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Leaf Storm

OR

Roserade @Damp Rock
Modest/Timid Nature
-Rain Dance
-Weather Ball
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball

OR

Roserade @Heat Rock
Modest/Timid Nature
-Sunny Day
-Weather Ball
-Solarbeam
-Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball

Last edited:

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
OK, but I need that to be a little simpler, maybe you could tell me how to get those moves? I also have quite alot of other pokemon to choose form:

Togekiss
Gliscor
Hipowdon
Gallade ( definetly having one of these)
Rampardos
GARDEVOIR
BLAZIKEN
All starters except jhoto
and I guess I can get egg moves now.