• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_noob

black trainer
I have manage to find a good team i'll use for the BT

Here goes:

Uxie (Calm) @Choice Scarf
Levitate
-Reflect
-Stealth Rock
-Trick
-Light Screen

Trick, then screens and rocks.

Empoleon (Modest) @Petaya Berry
Torrent
-Surf
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Agility

Standard Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Surf to attack, Ice beam too. Agility to boost speed and Sub for hiding.

Dusknoir (Careful) @Leftovers
Pressure
-Will-o-Wisp
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Pain Split

EQ and Shadow Punch for offensive power. WOW for status, Pain Split for recovering.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

Crackers

The Shadows of today
Hmm... Pain split isnt very reliable, since it relies on the opponent's HP, so if you got into a situation where both pokemon (your's and you foe's) were at low HP, Pain split would be rendered useless, if you wanted to keep your Dusknoir alive.

Crackers

The Shadows of today
I'm no whizz on movesets, or on using a Dusknoir, infact, i only got into competetive battling quite recently, so i can't give you an alternative.

Remember, you dont have to follow my advice you know...

I have manage to find a good team i'll use

Here goes:

Uxie (Calm) @Choice Scarf
Levitate
-Trick
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Stealth Rock

This is my lead, First, I trick the Choice Scarf to the opponent, then I setup the Screens and/or Stealth Rock.
Fine, although Stealth Rock is almost useless ingame.
Empoleon (Modest) @Petaya Berry
Torrent
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Agility
-Substitute

Standard Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Agility on the first turn, followed by a Sub. Then attack, sub up, attack and so on, untill the Petaya Berry (and Torrent) activates. Then sweep.
Fine.
Dusknoir (Careful) @Leftovers
Pressure
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch

it's a Dusknoir (read some post to understand why, if you don't already do). WOW for status, Pain Split for recovering. EQ and Shadow Punch for some kind of offense, and to hit Evasion-haxers and Shedinja.

So, what do you think?
Not my kind of team, and a lot seems to be Smogon copypasta. That's okay, but... originality is always good. I like the Dusknoir set, looks like it might be able to hold for a while.

Poke_noob

black trainer
It's NOT copied, I made it up all by myself, he just happened to use the same team!!!
Stop accusing me for stealing!

FishyAss

socially challenged
Well you have to admit.. Even if you did make it up all on your lonesome, it's a bit suspicious that the teams are exactly the same.

He made up this set a few days before you, actually. And let's compare your little blurbs

Poke noob's Uxie: "This is my lead, First, I trick the Choice Scarf to the opponent, then I setup the Screens and/or Stealth Rock."
Arsel's Uxie: "This is my lead, First, I trick the Choice Scarf to the opponent, then I setup the Screens and/or Stealth Rock. EV's is for the highest amount of bulk. After being informed that Uxie does this job better than Mesprit, I decided to change.
After the job's done, I switch to my main Pokémon:"

Poke noob's Empoleon: "Standard Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Agility on the first turn, followed by a Sub. Then attack, sub up, attack and so on, untill the Petaya Berry (and Torrent) activates. Then sweep."
Arsel's Empoleon: "Standard Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Agility on the first turn, followed by a Sub. Then attack, sub up, attack and so on, untill the Petaya Berry (and Torrent) activates. Then sweep. With the EV's, I reach 200 Speed (lv. 100) before the Agility. The rest in HP (and Def to get an even HP-number)."

Poke noob's Dusknoir: "it's a Dusknoir (read some post to understand why, if you don't already do). WOW for status, Pain Split for recovering. EQ and Shadow Punch for some kind of offense, and to hit Evasion-haxers and Shedinja."
Arsel's Dusknoir: "My final pokémon, I originally thought of Gliscor but now, it's a Dusknoir (read some post to understand why, if you don't already do). WOW for status, Pain Split for recovering. EQ and Shadow Punch for some kind of offense, and to hit Evasion-haxers and Shedinja."

But you finally edited your first post to hide the fact you even copypasta'd the blurbs and cut out the parts you didn't understand. Too bad someone else quoted you in the meanwhile. So yes, I have good reason to accuse you of stealing. If you made this up all by yourself then your advice wouldn't be so terrible.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Stealth Rock isn't useless in this set, Uxie is a setup Pokemon, so SR is perfect here, and gets rid of Shedinja, provided it doesn't come out first(which would suck for you).
The thing is, I can see this team getting blasted to hell by Status pokes, like another Dusknoir. Add in a powerful sweeper and something fast or resilient, and you're screwed. Espically if a Gengar or something pops out first, Uxie and Dusknoir would both be in serious danger of fainting. Having two direct weaknesses to a single type will get you killed in the BT, so you might want to consider either a different defender, or a different lead, as good as they both are individually. The BT is truly a team effort.

Oh, and even if you didn't steal this and it was just a "coincidence" that you made the same team and you wrote basically the same descriptions, why would you even make a thread? Couldn't you just use the advice that people gave Arsel?

It's NOT copied, I made it up all by myself, he just happened to use the same team!!!
Stop accusing me for stealing!

Motherfucker you are so full of bullshit it isn't even funny.

Teams aren't copyrighted but you can't claim credit for building it yourself; you can use this Team, but you can't post it for rates. So why don't you shut the fuck up and take delete this thread, hm?

Not to mention Arsel's Team is just a take on the strategy V4E created.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. This is the same team. EXACT SAME TEAM. You might as well take the advice on Arsel's thread, since it's the same. :/ Please try to think of your own team next time.

closed.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. This is the same team. EXACT SAME TEAM. You might as well take the advice on Arsel's thread, since it's the same. :/ Please try to think of your own team next time.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.