• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team

LardLad14

Casual Trainer
I unfortunately was a nasty cheat and trained up my dudes to 100 using an AR, but that's all behind me. I have a team of five, and i can't decide the six space in my party.
Also i'm not sure what items moveset to give to my current team. I will state nature, stats and moves. Please don't suggest i change any of my current team, cus i won't. I have 90 all TMs (only cheat im ever gonna use again)

oh, and i want to keep fly and surf

My Team is:

Ampharos (adament)
Atck 196
Def 179
SpAtck 221
spdef 192
speed 127

Power Gem
Focus blast
Thunder
Signal Beam

Sceptile (Sassy)
Atck 223
Def 173
SpAtck 245
spdef 228
speed 281

Detect
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Leafe Blade

Garchomp (Impish)
Atck 305
Def 243
SpAtck 189
spdef 190
speed 288

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

Charizard (Rash)
Atck 234
Def 197
SpAtck 272
spdef 168
speed 272

Earthquake
Fly
Heat Wave
Blast Burn

Blastoise (naughty)
Atck 244
Def 230
SpAtck 213
spdef 220
speed 222

Hydro Cannon
Surf
Blizzard
Earthquake

All right, so, plausible suggestions for No. Six and for new movesets/items for my current team, please! (oh, i may use this team competitivley, too)

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I unfortunately was a nasty cheat and trained up my dudes to 100 using an AR, but that's all behind me. I have a team of five, and i can't decide the six space in my party.
Also i'm not sure what items moveset to give to my current team. I will state nature, stats and moves. Please don't suggest i change any of my current team, cus i won't. I have 90 all TMs (only cheat im ever gonna use again)

My Team is:

Ampharos (Modest)

Power Gem
Focus blast
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam

Thunderbolt>Thunder. Thunder has sketchy
accuracy, and you may find it screws you over
when you need it most.

Sceptile (Adamant/Jolly)

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw?
Leaf Blade

Swords Dance>Detect to boost your attack.
Dragon Claw gets ok coverage here, but
leaves you walled by Bronzong.

Garchomp (Adamant/Jolly)
Choice Band
Crunch
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

CBChomp, since Sceptile can use SD.

Charizard (?)

Earthquake
Fly
Heat Wave
Air Slash

Eh, I'm not even sure here.

Blastoise (Bold)

Focus Blast
Surf
Blizzard
Earthquake

Focus Blast>Hydro Cannon, as Surf is good
enough In-Game.

All right, so, plausible suggestions for No. Six and for new movesets/items for my current team, please! (oh, i may use this team competitivley, too)

I did what I could, but there wasn't much to work
with. Moves like Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon etc.
aren't really that great because of the recharge
turn, but hey, it's up to you. Not sure about your
last PKMN, but a special attacker would be best since
you have mostly physical attackers. Some of your
PKMN that are using both physical/special attacks
have no business doing that (Blastoise). But, since
you don't wanna replace anything, there's not much
I can suggest. Are you willing to change natures at
least? If not, that's as good as it gets. :/

Last edited:

LardLad14

Casual Trainer
I could stretch to changing the individual pokemon, i suppose, (it would take alot of convincing) but i want to keep the speciese.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Well, you can keep those PKMN if you want, just
use natures that play to the strengths of the PKMN.

Ampharos wants a Modest Nature.

Sceptile wants Timid/Modest or Jolly/Adamant
depending if you want him to be special or
physical respectively.

'Chomp wants Jolly for the SD set or Adamant
for the CB set.

'Zard wants Modest/Timid for special sets and
Adamant/Jolly for physical. Rash/Hasty for mixed.

Blastoise should focus on his defensiveness since
his attacking stats are a bit lacking so Bold is a
good choice there. Toxic is a good choice on him
to hit water types, forgot to mention that in my
previous post.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Yup, that is correct. You have to breed for
different natures, or re-capture.

Final

I Submit to No One

My Team is:

Ampharos (Modest)
Item: Choice Specs / Life Orb / Wise Glasses

Power Gem
Focus blast
Thunderbolt / Discharge
Signal Beam

First of all, you do not need to list stats. Just EVs if they apply. Anyway, an Adamant Nature really hurts Ampharos since it lower's its best stat which is Special Attack. A Modest one would be best. Also, Thunder's Accuracy is bad and really shouldn't be used without Rain or Gravity support. You would be better off with Thunderbolt or Discharge.

Sceptile (Adamant / Jolly)
Item: Life Orb / Muscle Band

Swords Dance
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Leafe Blade

Swords Dance should really be used if you want to attack with Sceptile from the Physical side since it really doesn't have a lot of Physical power without it. An Adamant or Jolly Nature should be used as well since Sassy really hurts its Speed which is Sceptile's best stat.

Garchomp (Adamant / Jolly)
Item: Life Orb / Muscle Band

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang / Stone Edge

Stone Edge is an option over Fire Fang. Fire Fang's low base power will really be a letdown at times and nearly all Steel Types are hit harder by Earthquake. Also, Skarmory is 2HKOed by a max Attack Stone Edge after a Swords Dance. Also, an Adamant or Jolly Nature should be used. Impish is better for Defensive sets which have better options. Sure Garchomp's Defenses are great but a 4x Ice weakness undermines that.

Charizard (Modest / Timid)
Item: Life Orb / Wise Glasses

Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Electric]
Air Slash
Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Ice]

Mixed Charizard is decent but it doesn't have the raw power something like Blaziken or Infernape offer. An all Special set will probably be better. Focus Blast over Earthquake since this set is Special, Air Slash over Fly since it is STAB from the Special side, Flamethrower or Fire Blast both outclass Heat Wave and should be used over it and Dragon Pulse over Blast Burn because 1. Blast Burn is bad since it leaves Charizard a sitting duck for a turn and because Charizard's other Fire moves will outdamage it over 2 turns and 2. because Dragon Pulse provides great neutral Type coverage which is complimented by Charizards other moves. Anyway, a Modest or Timid Nature are best for Special Charizard. Now Hidden Powers are an option if you're willing to breed a lot. Hidden Power [Ice] can be used over Dragon Pulse since they both cover Dragons. Hidden Power [Ice] hits most of them harder than Dragon Pulse. Hidden Power [Grass] or Hidden Power [Electric] both cover Water Types and can be used over Focus Blast if you don't want to lose Type coverage on Dragons.

Blastoise (Relaxed)
Item: Leftovers

Toxic
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Toxic should be used over Hydro Cannon. 1. because Hydro Cannon sucks for the same reason Blast Burn and any other Hyper Beam move and 2. because Toxic gives Blastoise an easier time against opposing Water Types. Use a Relaxed Nature since it won't hurt Blastoise's Defenses while also not hurting its Attack or Special Attack. It isn't particularly ideal to split offense with Defensive Pokemon though but Earthquake does hurt Electrics without needing to resort to Hidden Power [Ground].

Suggestions bolded. I hope they help. I can't really think of a sixth Pokemon at the moment. I also suggested items.

Last edited:

LardLad14

Casual Trainer
Thanks that's helpfull.

Is breeding for a new nature totally random or is there a way to influence what nayure the (for want of a betterf word) baby will be?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ Yup, that's right. May I suggest, if you have Wifi,
go on the Wifi chat at Serebii and ask for female
PKMN with the nature you want and just trade with
someone. That saves a ton of time, and usually
you can find exactly what you want pretty quickly.

LardLad14

Casual Trainer
cool. I willl now begin to make this team's children into a competitive team. (i know this is ain-game team forum, but i changed my mind half way through and decided to make this competitive.)

(still no suggestions for No.6?)

Last edited:

Johnroawr

Fire Trainer
pretty badass team

Johnroawr

Fire Trainer
Badass is a good comment. (Y). Charizard is a beast, i have him in my party