• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My team

Aerodactyl
aerodactylx.png
Focus Sash
focussash.png

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 31 in attack 31 speed and 25 hp
Nature: Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone edge
- Earthquake

mostly use stealth rock asap and taunt, and change if cant do a super effective attack. Earthquake is mostly the first option in attacks because of its power and good coverage, stone edge would be against some OUs like dragonite of gyarados.

Dragonite
dragoniteu.png
Lum berry
lumberry.jpg

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 10/17/x/5/8/16
Nature: Bold (I know adamant would be better)
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

to do a dragon dance and then start sweeping pokemon :p, I mean, roost to recover in difficult problems, Earthquake against some dragonite counters such as tyranitar and stone edge Infernape, and outrage because its damn cool and the good coverage.

Metagross
shinymetagross.png
Life Orb
lifeorb.png

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: x/25/10/6/x/12
Nature: Bold (same as dragonite)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Try to do agility as soon as possible and to to take out some pokemon, mostly to take out in an advantageous switch in. Meteror Mash is against most of super effective pokes again like tyranitar. Earthquake again some metagross counters or jiriachi after agility and zen headbutt to take out mostly poison types and a 2hko a non fire punch machamp

Infernape
infernapez.png
Expert Belt (should I change to life orb?)
expertbeltsprite.png

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 7/19/4/9/0/11
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blitz

To take out good walls mostly with a combination of swords dance and an attack. Close Combat mostly like blissey or snorlax, or difficult situations, Stone edge so take out dragonite or gyaraods and fire blitz because of the nice coverage and power.

Gyarados
gyaradosshiny.png
Life orb
lifeorb.png

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: Speed 27, attack 22 and special defense 13
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice fang (maybe change to stone edge)
- Earthquake

After a dragon dance, Earthquake it may OHKO some pokes like choice scarf tyranitar or a lucario. waterfall because its a basic attack for gyarados, Ice fang against some grass types and flygon.

Tyranitar
tyranitar.png
(not sure yet)
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: (I just can't damn remember)
Nature: Lonely (Same as dragonite)
- Thunder Fang (Thinking to change it to fire punch)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Mostly to take out some pokemons like Fortress or scizor. Besides of course the great coverage this pokemon takes :). ONe last thing, should I change one of this for a bold blissey with seismic toss and aromatherapy?

Please feel free to give my constructive critique since I really want to get in competitive battles. Thanks

Last edited:
i can see 3 poke's with Sr weakness but no spinner
alright you have a lot of sweepers wich doesn't have to be
a bad thing but in your case you only have physical ones and i could see this team getting walled
change some of your sweepers to special ones like gengar
your defenses are meh and the only one with recovery is dragonite
so i think you could use some wish support consider blissey as it gives U a great specially defensive wall and a great toxistaller
you have 5 top OU threats but i don't see them doing alot against skarmory provided
infernape and (w/fire punch)tyranitar are dead
and boltbeamsurf starmie destroy everything

and what you call ev's are actually iv's
just look up what ev's actually are

anyways succes

Edit-also change your natures to apropriate ones

Last edited:

Swiftrz & Milotic

Feed me a stray cat
Having Blissey Cleric on your team would be a good move, you could use a Special Wall that gives your team some support.

Blissey @Leftovers
Calm, Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Aromatherapy
Wish
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Toxic over Thunder Wave since most Steels present a physical threat and this Blissey should be switched out asap when faced with a physical Poke.

Blissey can replace either Gyarados or Dragonite as they both have similar jobs and movesets. I'd also put Outrage on Gyarados over EQ as you have EQ on both Metagross and Aerodactyl.

You'd do well with a special threat as well, maybe a mixed set on Dragonite?

Last edited:
OK first off, I think you're getting EVs mixed up with IVs, which are completely different. If you're confused, this guide will give you a good introduction to EVs.
http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

And if you want an advanced guide on how to place your EVs, read this.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=343233

Now onto the team.

Aerodactyl: This guy's fine. Just recommend Rock Slide over Stone Edge, for accuracy and flinching.

Dragonite: Pretty good. If you're running Lum Berry, then I think Dragon Claw would be a safer and more reliable option over Outrage, since Lum Berry is a more defensive item. If you want to keep Outrage, then Life Orb might do you some good. And yes, Adamant would be better.

Metagross: Needs Adamant, but other than that it's fine.

Infernape: I think that you will benefit better from a physical MixApe here, to handle walls.

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive
Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk, 64 SpA, 192 Spe
Moves:
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Overheat

Gyarados: I like this set. And yes, Stone Edge over Ice Fang.

Tyranitar: If you're looking for a Tyranitar that can take on Forretress and Scizor, then this is the set you're looking for.

Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
Jolly
Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Babiri Berry allows you to survive Scizor's Bullet Punch, after which you can kill it with Fire Punch. This allows you to defeat an opponent's Scizor that might try to switch into Tyranitar as it sets up Dragon Dance and then kill it with its powerful priority. After Scizor is dispatched, you can do some sweeping.

Hope this helps! And good luck with your team!

i can see 3 poke's with Sr weakness but no spinner
alright you have a lot of sweepers wich doesn't have to be
a bad thing but in your case you only have physical ones and i could see this team getting walled
change some of your sweepers to special ones like gengar
your defenses are meh and the only one with recovery is dragonite
so i think you could use some wish support consider blissey as it gives U a great specially defensive wall and a great toxistaller
you have 5 top OU threats but i don't see them doing alot against skarmory provided
infernape and (w/fire punch)tyranitar are dead
and boltbeamsurf starmie destroy everything

and what you call ev's are actually iv's
just look up what ev's actually are

anyways succes

Edit-also change your natures to apropriate ones

hmm, I think I see your point... well thanks for the idea, i might change to a blissey now, but if so, who should I change?

Having Blissey Cleric on your team would be a good move, you could use a Special Wall that gives your team some support.

Blissey @Leftovers
Calm, Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Aromatherapy
Wish
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Toxic over Thunder Wave since most Steels present a physical threat and this Blissey should be switched out asap when faced with a physical Poke.

Blissey can replace either Gyarados or Dragonite as they both have similar jobs and movesets. I'd also put Outrage on Gyarados over EQ as you have EQ on both Metagross and Aerodactyl.

You'd do well with a special threat as well, maybe a mixed set on Dragonite?

I did think about the blissey but who should I take out?, and about the special attacker, I might change my infernape to a mixed special ape

OK first off, I think you're getting EVs mixed up with IVs, which are completely different. If you're confused, this guide will give you a good introduction to EVs.
http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

And if you want an advanced guide on how to place your EVs, read this.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=343233

Now onto the team.

Aerodactyl: This guy's fine. Just recommend Rock Slide over Stone Edge, for accuracy and flinching.

Dragonite: Pretty good. If you're running Lum Berry, then I think Dragon Claw would be a safer and more reliable option over Outrage, since Lum Berry is a more defensive item. If you want to keep Outrage, then Life Orb might do you some good. And yes, Adamant would be better.

Metagross: Needs Adamant, but other than that it's fine.

Infernape: I think that you will benefit better from a physical MixApe here, to handle walls.

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive
Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk, 64 SpA, 192 Spe
Moves:
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Overheat

Gyarados: I like this set. And yes, Stone Edge over Ice Fang.

Tyranitar: If you're looking for a Tyranitar that can take on Forretress and Scizor, then this is the set you're looking for.

Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
Jolly
Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Babiri Berry allows you to survive Scizor's Bullet Punch, after which you can kill it with Fire Punch. This allows you to defeat an opponent's Scizor that might try to switch into Tyranitar as it sets up Dragon Dance and then kill it with its powerful priority. After Scizor is dispatched, you can do some sweeping.

Hope this helps! And good luck with your team!

thanks for clearing those stuff, now I understand the Ev and Ivs, that dragon dance tyranitar seems perfect, thanks, about the gyarados, I'll need stone edge Tm :/.

Thanks to you three guys, i really appreciate it

Swiftrz & Milotic

Feed me a stray cat
I did think about the blissey but who should I take out?, and about the special attacker, I might change my infernape to a mixed special ape

Choosing between Gyarados and Dragonite, I'd choose Gyarados.

Gyarados @Life Orb
Jolly, Intimidate
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Outrage/Earthquake

Jolly w/ 168 Spe EV's allows you, after one DD, to outrun everyone in OU save for Ninjask. Outrage allows you to have an extremely powerul sweeping move, chosen over EQ since you have access to EQ on three other teammates. After one DD you outrun Jolteon and +1DD Waterfall will OHKO the sparky little guy, so EQ isn't crucial to have.

As for switching, Blissey can switch into Thunderbolts without much of a problem, should Gyarados be unable to set up.

Last edited:
i'm with Swiftr & milotic
gyarados just has more potential
but do watch out for stone edges although blissey will survive unboosted ones
and factoring in gyarados intimidate i can see this work

good luck