• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My theory involving Giratina, Palkia and Dialga.

Do you agree with my theory?

• Yeah, it makes sense.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • No, it's stupid.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
Well, we all know that Palkia rules space and Dialga time, right?

Recently I was doing some research on black holes for my Physics project and I discovered that aroun black holes, time and space have unusual properties. If you, by theory, threw a clock into a black hole, it would tick alot more slowly until it dissolved into blackness.
With that in mind, here's my theory. Since Rayquaza has power over Groudon and Kyogre since air is what seals earth and sea, Giratina, who obviously has power over Dialga and Palkia, has something to do with black holes. Since it lives in an alernate universe, maybe black holes are the entrances that lead to this aletrante universe, and only Giratina in origin form can travel through them without being killed.

So, what do you think?

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
this was really thought and i think it makes sense .its nice to see things out side the box for once

gardevoir11

The First Princess
This does make a great deal of sense. Considering how much the 4th gen focuses on space/universe/etc..., it would be appropriate for Giratina to have some control over black holes.

I'm wondering about the black hole leading to the Torn World theory though. Wasn't there some sort of portal leading to the Torn World in the new movie (according to the main site's recap anyways)? Was that a black hole, or just a random portal? It'd be pretty awesome if it was a black hole.

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
ur theory makes a lot of sense
i woder what next gen wil focus on??

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
ur theory makes a lot of sense
i woder what next gen wil focus on??

AstralEon

The one and only.
Ohhh. Nice find! It makes perfect sense. Havent really thought of that. Yea it is true. Black holes are very mysterious.

Good job on that.

stumpy_2006

shiny object cllctor
makes sense, but I dunno... Palkia and Dialga's signature moves are super effective against Giratina, but Shadow force is only normally effective. Maybe in the anime he is, but in game terms, would giratina really have dominance over the two?
Other than that though, It would make a lot of sense.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Oh my, never thought of that. It's an interesting theory you have there, it makes a great deal of sense too. I already knew that black holes warped space, but not time. Also, Giratina may be able to escape through the black holes because it has loose particles and it can "split" itself apart and "reform" itself back together. So it can move from dimension to dimension via Black Holes with ease, and not dissolve into blackness. There is also a small, small hole in your excellent theory, Dialga. (Note: This will be kept in spoilers because of, well, spoilers)
Giratina LURED Dialga into the Torn World, which means that it would not be black holes, or else Dialga would be "torn" to bits (Heh, heh, I finally get that name). SO, unless Giratina has the ability to do the "dissolve" thing on others, it completely nulifies (sp?) your theory. As for Shaymin, maybe it has the same power as Giratina.

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
This is probably the story behind giratina that we don't know yet- and you've hit it on the head with a hammer.
Congratulations!

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
Oh my, never thought of that. It's an interesting theory you have there, it makes a great deal of sense too. I already knew that black holes warped space, but not time. Also, Giratina may be able to escape through the black holes because it has loose particles and it can "split" itself apart and "reform" itself back together. So it can move from dimension to dimension via Black Holes with ease, and not dissolve into blackness. There is also a small, small hole in your excellent theory, Dialga. (Note: This will be kept in spoilers because of, well, spoilers)
Giratina LURED Dialga into the Torn World, which means that it would not be black holes, or else Dialga would be "torn" to bits (Heh, heh, I finally get that name). SO, unless Giratina has the ability to do the "dissolve" thing on others, it completely nulifies (sp?) your theory. As for Shaymin, maybe it has the same power as Giratina.

Since Palkia and Dialga are akin to Giratina, maybe something in their genes prevents them from being "torn", as you say.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Since Palkia and Dialga are akin to Giratina, maybe something in their genes prevents them from being "torn", as you say.

...Good point. And I just made that torn thing up really, I just thought of atoms disspersing, linked that to ripping, and ripping to tearing. My brain is so complicated, sometimes I can't even understand it. @_@ It's like a tractor being manned by a drunk monkey. The monkey has no idea what anything does, so it freaks out and starts pressing and pulling random crap. Oh, and before you say anything, this does not have anything to do with the OT.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
...Good point. And I just made that torn thing up really, I just thought of atoms disspersing, linked that to ripping, and ripping to tearing. My brain is so complicated, sometimes I can't even understand it. @_@ It's like a tractor being manned by a drunk monkey. The monkey has no idea what anything does, so it freaks out and starts pressing and pulling random crap. Oh, and before you say anything, this does not have anything to do with the OT.

No, it makes sense, seing as it's called the "Torn World."

Another thing: zero gravity in Torn World may have something to do with the immense graviy of black holes...

Profesco

gone gently
Yes, that is pretty much the idea behind Giratina. It's not exactly a difficult pill to swallow, but all the same, kudos for thinking it up!

Ms. Mime

I've always wondered about theory, and yours makes it easier to understand. I'd never have thought that much. :p

Cutty

Forever now
I think you should have put the option: "It's an interesting idea."
Somehow your theory gives me a new insight.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Interesting, I think it makes sense. I don't think that's how the writers intended it, but I don't think they thought about it much one way or the other. So your explanation doesn't contradict anything, either. Nice idea.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
lol this makes sense. I didn't even think Giratina was related to Dialga/Palkia until the movie/platinum.
Although I thought Giratina to be more link to Parallel Dimensions instead of Blackholes (like a dimensional traveler, parallel dimentions etc. emphasising how something is warped/looks different in another dimention e.g. a dot is flat in 2D but is a ball shape in 3D)
But yeah, black holes makes sense.
And lol when I found out Palkia controls Space i though "wtf? Outer space? We already have Deoxys so wtf?"