• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Triple Battle Team

Otamon

Hello, i made a team really with just pokemon i liked a while back, and it worked really well online, i´ve made some changes over the months i´ve been playing, taking out pokemons that were dead weight and I manage to improve my wining rate, but a team keeps giving me trouble, Trick Room Teams. I need help to make my team stronger against Trick Room Teams.

The main strategy of the team (if you could call it a strategy) is hit first, hit hard. I had no idea how to make a team so thats all i thought about, thats why all the members except for Scizor have Speed Boost Natures. I not only wanted to make a fast team, I wanted my pokemon to be faster than my opponent´s pokemon even if we where using the same kind of pokemon

;142;Pokemon Aerodactyl @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
Nature: Jolly
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl is the one that goes in the middle, I choose him becouse he is the faster Rock Slide user, also able to use Stealth Rock in case of multiscale Dragonites and Focus Sash users. Since most of the members dont have an attack boost nature, Aerodactyl´s Rock Slide is there to make sure I defeat the opponent´s pokemon, even if Rock Slide is not very effective, it will still beat them.

;392;Pokemon Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252Atk/252Spe/4/Hp
Overheat
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Stone Hedge

The Mixed Sweeper of the Team with Life Orb to make sure he gets rid of steel and bulkier normal type pokemons. He is just brute force, and the fastest i could find, He gets KO very easily, but its not hard to predict wich pokemon is going to try to do it, Weavile and Scizor take his place to protect him from flying and psychic attacks

;461;Pokemon Weaville @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Taunt
Low Kick

He has Ice Shard and not Ice Punch to try and KO with a critical hit any Tailwind users, Low kick in case that Infernape fainted or if he needs to get rid of pokemons that might try to STAB Aerodactyl, and Night Slash for his STAB attack. Since he has too many weakneses he has Focus Sash, wich saves his life in almost every match. Taunt is obviosly for pokemons like Sableye

;212;Pokemon Scizor @ Quick Claw
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252Atk/H252P/SpD
Nature: Adamant
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Swords Dance
Superpower

The Physical Sweeper of the team, In the case that Weaville fails to get rid of psychic and ghost pokemon, scizor takes his place to complete the job. Unless there is a fire pokemon(after Aerodactyl´s Rock Slide those are mostly gone) Scizor will mostly take out one pokemon before he faints. And the Quick Claw is for the lucky moment where Scizor needs to Bug Bite something and take it out fast.

;135; Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252SpA/252Spe/4Hp
Nature: Timid
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Dark
Thunder Wave

Jolteon, is here becouse of his speed and special attack stats. Most of the times he is the one to come out first with Aerodactyl, hitting hard anything that the other members of the team would get a hard time beating. His Hidden Power Dark is to hit trick room users and Latios. Volt swith is to scape from Earthquakes before they happen.

;149;Pokemon Dragonite @ Muscle Band
Ability: Multiscale
Outrage
Earthquake
ExtremeSpeed
Roost

The one I like to call the Lider of the Team, if someone faints, he takes their place and revenge kills. This guy was an accident, i wanted a Garchomp since Garchomp is the fastest Dragon, but the Multiscale is enough to make him resist super effectives and hit the other dragons hard with an outrage. Extremespeed to beat priority moves users and roost to recicle multiscale.​

My other Issues were Rain teams, and Tailwind Teams. I have nothing other than Jolteon to hit Rain Teams, and prankster Tailwind gets really annoying.

Last edited:

Ilan

Aerodactyl - why you use zoom lents? 90 accuracy is more than enough also aerial ace is horrible and shouldn't be used put protect instead for incoming priority attack. stealth rock is kinda useless here since you send out half a team in the beggining already.. put taunt for trick room stuff. as an item use rock plate or life orb.
Weavile he is weak to all kinds of priority also fake out I wouldn't use it in triples cause he have no niche here..use something more useful.. like scarf mamoswine.
Scizor- quick claw is useless drop it for iron plate or life orb or leftovers or lum berry quick claw is only 10% anyway..
and use brick break since superpower negates the boost of SD
Jolteon you don't need another thing frail.. your team is very weak to priority anyway the set is not so good if you want to keep the set use HP ice and shadow ball instead of T-wave a support move on a choice set is a big mistake.
on dragonite use dragon dance>roost since it is triples you don't have so much chances to stall and use lum berry for annoying burns.
you can use gastordon to counter rain it draws in water atacks which is great and against ludicolo you need to switch to dragonite and then double strike him with the other 2 pokemons and then switch back to gastordon.

Fake Out and Protect are really popular in doubles and triples you should use them if you want to build a good team cause they are extreamly useful and mostly determinate if it is a win or a lose.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Ilan really took a lot. Frankly, you have horrible items. The only decent ones are Jolteon's item, and Weavile's, though Focus Sash is still mediocre. Infernape. You're running a mixed set, however you're running Jolly. That lowers SpAtt and makes Overheat weaker. Run Naive. Ilan said everything about Aero....and basically everything besides nape. This team needs a lot of improvement

You seem to be using sets that are mostly viable for singles teams, but please remember, triples is an entirely different metagame. What works in singles will not always (will rarely work) in triples.

......Triples...Where gimmicks actually become competitively viable. (Lovin' my Gravity Team that forces rage quits)

You are basing your team off of what is good for a single Poke, matched up versus another single Poke. You need to try and look at the whole picture. Three Pokes battling, versus three other Pokes at the same time.

What on your team will help any one of it's other teammates on the field during your battles?

As far as I can tell, the answer is........................Nothing.

I am not trying to be a buzz kill, but I am trying to be honest.

*EDIT*

And yes, everything the previous two posters have said are completely true, as well.

Take it from a person that has proven himself to be the absolute best triple battler throughout four different forums.

At best, your team would last no more than six full turns versus me.

Last edited: