• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My underleveled Crystal Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'm right before the Pokemon League, standing there, jaw open, gasping for air at Will's power. xD

gbc214.gif

Yuffie the Heracross (f) Lv. 34
Berry
Strength
Horn Attack
Leer
Counter
I honestly overestimated his potential in Crystal when I caught this guy. His early movepool is dirt poor, but Counter is still useful. Megahorn and Take Down will be good also, but can't learn them until much later.

gbcs042.gif

Dracy the Golbat (f) (Shiny!) Lv. 36
Berry
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Bite
Leech Life
Yes, old Dracy's shiny. I found this guy in the beginning of the game, in Union Cave. Lucky, eh? Anyway, ( his higher level over the others is an attempt to evolve him ) this guy makes a gooduse of the annoying Confusion/Flinch combo, being fast and all. Wing Attack packs a lot of unexpected power, too.

gbc215.gif

Emo the Sneasel (f) Lv. 33
Nevermeltice
Dynamicpunch
Icy Wind
Quick Attack
Screech
This guy is AMAZINGLY fast for his level, making good use of Dynamicpunch ( if he's feeling lucky ). Since his defense is disgusting ( his Special Defense is OK. ), Icy Wind is useful for a more powerful, slower member of my team to come in and mop the floor with the rascal that defeated poor Emo. Screech makes Quick Attack and Dynamicpunch monsters as well.

gbc128.gif

Minotaur the Tauros (m) Lv. 34
Berry
Strength
Scary Face
Iron Tail
Horn Attack ( Will replace for thrash later on )
Tauros' movepool was downright horrible in R/B/Y, but he makes a comeback in Crystal, with his terrific attack and speed and greatly-improved movepool. Strength is suprisingly powerful, as is Iron Tail. I have an Earthquake TM, but I don't know if I should use it yet, seeing as how I may replace the next member later on...

gbc245.gif

Kohaku the Suicune (no gender) Lv. 40
Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Surf
Bubblebeam
Yes, I haven't leveled him once yet. Too busy training the others, as he doesn't need much. Anyway, Rain Dance provides a nice boost to his water moves. Waterfall is there for just... being there. I'll delete it later, when he learns later moves.

gbc157.gif

Incendio the Typhlosion (m) Lv. 36
Charcoal
Quick Attack
Flame Wheel
Smokescreen
Ember
Typhlosion is a beast. His stats are nothing to laugh at, but his movepool isn't that great. Smokescreen to do the obvious, then attack away.

Rate mah team! ( Since I don't know how to post animations (LOLNOOB), just click the links for some eyecandy.​

Credit to PE2k ( Pokemonelite2000 ) for the gifs.

moleman

I will edit these movesets to a beastly one you can work forward to. I'd say this current team would be a 6.5/10. Its not bad though. Just the moves need beefed up, with some time, this will turn out pretty good...

Heracross@Focus Band
Endure
Reversal
Earthquake/Mega Horn
Counter
Simple Strategy. Endure and Reversal against any obviously stronger opponent. Earthquake anything you can take on. Counter since most people *coughflyingpokemoncough* use physical moves against Heracross

Crobat (i'm assuming you'll evolve it)@King's Rock
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Wing Attack/Bite
(i know this is shiny, but to be honest, shinies tend to be weak from what I've noticed. Obviously you'll want to keep this in your team just for looks but be warned, this will never reach max stats. This annoyance moveset will help for the inevitable lacking stats.)
A simple moveset that kills. Mean Look to stop switching pokemon. Confuse Ray and Toxic the enemy. Then bite/wing attack away. Personally I'd use bit with a king's rock because of the flinch rate.

Sneasel@Nevermeltice
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dynamic Punch/Beat Up
Ice Beam
(after seeing you're previous moveset, i hate to screw it up cuz it was awesome... except for one move. icy wind. Although it has speed reduction, it has no freezing ability. Ice Beam makes up for this and does more damage. Now you can just rest to heal, sleep talk and then beat up, one of my personal favorites, or ice beam)
Yet another smiple strategy. Start with ice beams. Then rest, sleep talk, then beat up or dynamic punch anything out of the sky. Personally I'd use beat up, one of my personal favorite moves...

Tauros@Gold Berry
Curse
Scary Face
Iron Tail
Thrash
(don't waste Earthquake on a Tauros when you can make it awesome like this. just curse, scary face, then with the same speed, thrash/IT like crazy)
Simply Curse to get attack advantage. Then scary face to offset the speed loss. Then thrash or iron tail away...

Suicune@Mystic Water
Surf
Whirlwind
Mirror Coat
Rain Dance
(Rain Dance to get thunders out and then mirror coat, or whirlwind them out. note:waterfall sucks. its the same as surf but weaker.)
Since most people automatically switch out thunder types when rain dance is played, use that first. Quite risky but it'll pay off... Then mirror coat their own move and let them watch as it blows up in their face. If you're out of mirror coats, whirlwind them away.

Typhlosion@Charcoal
Flame Wheel
Thunder Punch
Smoke Screen
Sunny Day
(suicune's alter ego. sunny day, smoke screen, then flame wheel and t-punch away.)
Sunny day, smokescreen, then flame wheel (or if you're lucky enough to have flamethrower, away...

Last edited:

Dragon_Reborn

I'm right before the Pokemon League, standing there, jaw open, gasping for air at Will's power. xD

gbc214.gif

Yuffie the Heracross (f) Lv. 34@Berry
-Megahorn
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Earthquake
I honestly overestimated his potential in Crystal when I caught this guy. His early movepool is dirt poor, but Counter is still useful. Megahorn and Take Down will be good also, but can't learn them until much later.

Megahorn is a amazing move brought into G/S/C that can shut down Alakazam now.Earthquake provides Heracross with coverage against fire weakness and also can take out anything electric,rock,poison too.Rest will fully recover back HP and cure any status problem that Heracross might be effected with.Sleep Talk is what makes this set work well as it will allow you to use Megahorn,Earthquake or Rest will you are asleep.

Strategy:Sweep away with Megahorn and Earthquake.Use Rest when you are low on HP and use Sleep Talk while you are asleep to sweep away.

gbcs042.gif

Dracy the Golbat (f) (Shiny!) Lv. 36@Berry
-Wing Attack
-Toxic
-Hidden Power[Ground/Fighting]/Return
-Screech
Yes, old Dracy's shiny. I found this guy in the beginning of the game, in Union Cave. Lucky, eh? Anyway, ( his higher level over the others is an attempt to evolve him ) this guy makes a gooduse of the annoying Confusion/Flinch combo, being fast and all. Wing Attack packs a lot of unexpected power, too.

Gratz on the Shiny Golbat :).Toxic is a nice move here as it will help with the sweeping process by gradually and increasly drain the opposing pokemon's HP over time.Hidden Power[Ground]will give Crobat some coverage against electric and rock weakness.Hidden Power[Fighting]will provide you with coverage against ice and rock type weakness.If you have problems getting Hidden Powers,then there is always Return that can subsitute for that.Screech is a must with this moveset as it will sharply(2x)lower the opposing pokemon's defense stat some that physical attacks will hit hard and sweep more effectively.

Strategy:Screech and sweep.

gbc215.gif

Emo the Sneasel (f) Lv. 33@Nevermeltice
-Dynamicpunch
-Reflect
-Shadow Ball
-Return
This guy is AMAZINGLY fast for his level, making good use of Dynamicpunch ( if he's feeling lucky ). Since his defense is disgusting ( his Special Defense is OK. ), Icy Wind is useful for a more powerful, slower member of my team to come in and mop the floor with the rascal that defeated poor Emo. Screech makes Quick Attack and Dynamicpunch monsters as well.

Reflect is almost a must for Sneasel since its defense stat is low.Shadow Ball can help takes a psychic pokemon like Alakazam.Return will help hit things hard.

Strategy:Use Reflect to raise your defense stat to survive longer and try to sweep away.

gbc128.gif

Minotaur the Tauros (m) Lv. 34@Berry
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Tauros' movepool was downright horrible in R/B/Y, but he makes a comeback in Crystal, with his terrific attack and speed and greatly-improved movepool. Strength is suprisingly powerful, as is Iron Tail. I have an Earthquake TM, but I don't know if I should use it yet, seeing as how I may replace the next member later on...

Double Edge gains STAB and is one powerful attack.Earthquake will take out anything that is electric,fire,rock,poison,etc.Rest will fully recover back HP and cure you from any status move.Sleep Talk will allow you to use Double Edge,Earthquake,or Rest.

Strategy:Basically hit everything with either Double Edge or Earthquake.Rest when low on HP and use Sleep Talk when asleep.

gbc245.gif

Kohaku the Suicune (no gender) Lv. 40@Mystic Water
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Surf
-Roar
Yes, I haven't leveled him once yet. Too busy training the others, as he doesn't need much. Anyway, Rain Dance provides a nice boost to his water moves. Waterfall is there for just... being there. I'll delete it later, when he learns later moves.

Ice Beam will help against pokemon like Dragonite.Rest will keep Suicune in longer and wall things longer.Roar is good against baton passers or type disadvantage.

Strategy:Basically Surf and Ice Beam them down.Rest will low on HP to keep Suicune walling things.Use Roar on baton passers or type disadvantages.

gbc157.gif

Incendio the Typhlosion (m) Lv. 36@Charcoal
-Thunderpunch
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power[Ice/Grass]
-Earthquake
Typhlosion is a beast. His stats are nothing to laugh at, but his movepool isn't that great. Smokescreen to do the obvious, then attack away.

Flamethrower gains STAB.Thunderpunch will provide coverage against water types.Hidden Power[Ice]provide coverage against rock/ground weakness and also can take out Dragonite's.Hidden Power[Grass]can also give coverage against rock and ground types.Earthquake will dominate anything that is electric,fire,rock,poison.

Strategy:Sweep away!

Rate mah team! ( Since I don't know how to post animations (LOLNOOB), just click the links for some eyecandy.​

Credit to PE2k ( Pokemonelite2000 ) for the gifs.

All my changes/comments are in bold above.You have some rock weakness in your team.I think Suicune can deal with most that are like rock/ground ones.Just watch out for those non rock types that may be carrying Rock Slide on them like Machamp commonly does.

M4zz

Banned
Hehe, images didnt appear...
One Machamp in the entire game(not including link battles) has Rock Slide. What Dragon Reborn gave you is a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.