• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My UU Shoddy Team

Son_of_Shadows

Behold, my Shoddy team. It's got a fair record, I've won about 50-60% of my matches with it, and I'd like to know what people think. I apologise, but I don't know how to put artwork in my threads. Withour further ado then...

Slasher (Drapion) - Scope Lens
Ability - Sniper
Nature - Jolly
EVs - 252Atk/252Spd/6Hp
Moves
Night Slash
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Swords Dance

My lead, and he's been great. SD on the first turn, then go nuts. Night Slash for STAB, and hopefully to abuse Sniper and Scope Lens, EQ for Steels, and Ice Fang for Ground types.

Big Shell (Blastoise) - Leftovers
Ability - Torrent
Nature - Bold
EVs - 252Hp/126Def/126SpD
Moves
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect
Roar

The best starter Pokemon ever. Don't argue with me on that. Surf and Ice Beam are the bread and butter of Water types. Protect scouts and stalls, and Roar helps me break up BP chains and rack up SR damage.

Eye-Eye-Eye (Claydol) - Leftovers/Choice Scarf
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Bold
EVs - 252Hp/144Def/114SpA
Moves
Earth Power/Trick
Shadow Ball/Trick
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin

Claydol, in my opinion is the best UU Spinner with his immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, SR resistance, and great defenses. He also sets up SR for me. I'm considering Trick and Choice Scarf after it was used on me to devastating effect.

Snowstorm (Froslass) - Focus Sash
Ability - Snow Cloak
Nature - Timid
EVs - 252SpA/252Spd/6Hp
Moves
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

Late game special sweeper, and has brought me back from the brink of defeat so many times. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball for STAB, Thunderbolt for all the Water types running around in UU. Focus Sash and D-Bond ensures a KO, as Froslass is faster than pretty much everything in UU, barring Scarfed Pokemon. I like to call this set the Quadruple B - Beam-Ball-Bolt-Bond.

Ribbit (Toxicroak) - Life Orb
Ability - Dry Skin
Nature - Adamant
EVs - 252Atk/252Spd/6Hp
Moves
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

This guy has been giving me problems, frankly. His low PP and poor defenses, coupled with the not-so-great accuracy of CC and Stone Edge means he usually gets KO'd fast. I'm really considering replacing him with a different Physical attacker, or a Rest-Talker, considering I have nothing to absorb status.

Crescent (Lunatone) - Leftovers
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Modest
EVs - 252Hp/120SpA/136Spd
Moves
Hypnosis
Calm Mind
Psychic
Grass Knot

Yes folks, I have the moon on my side. FEAR MY LUNAR POWER!
Anyway, Hypnosis for sleep, then I CM up, and wallop things with Psychic and Grass Knot. Fewer people expect Grass Knot than you might think, and switch Water types in thinking they've got an easy KO with Surf. Psychic is for STAB and all the Poisons and Fightings in UU.

Well, that's it. Thanks for viewing the thread, and please, feel free to suggest changes. Please, don't just say "Lulz, u get raped by X", please explain why. Same with any changes you do suggest, please.

Sadarac

seems feasible to me. i dont think ill be able to give much help unless i saw this team in action. maybe we should battle so i can see if there is any thing that could be fixed.

you could replace ribbit (toxicroak) with a UU fire sweeper. wich one really deapends on personal preferece

Connor™

Showstopper
seems feasible to me. i dont think ill be able to give much help unless i saw this team in action. maybe we should battle so i can see if there is any thing that could be fixed.

you could replace ribbit (toxicroak) with a UU fire sweeper. wich one really deapends on personal preferece

umm can you explain your decicsion to make him use a UU fire sweeper.
and could you explain of which stat ( satk or atk)
personally i think the toxicroak works quite well. it has good attack stat and a good speed stat. maybe put a focus sash on so if he does get hit you still have your swords dance attack boost to sweep with ?

Son_of_Shadows

In theory, he works, but in practise, he fails miserably. He very rarely gets a KO in my matches, but it's probably my inability to predict. I'll consider the Focus Sash on him, though.