• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My UU team(competitve)

This is my uu team, and it works rather well, however, I feel it can do better

Magmortar-Choice Scarf
Modest/252Sp atk/252 speed/6hp
-flamethrower
-thunderbolt
-focus blast
-overheat
I use this as my lead to take my opponets lead, usually with overheat, plus pokemon can't trick the choice scarf onto it. It also works effectivly to clean up the leftovers

-Claydol-leftovers
Bold/252hp/114spatk/144def
-rapid spin
-stealth rock
-grass knot
-shadow ball
This is the standard smogon utility claydol, with the exception of grass knot. I added grass knot after my claydol got taken out by a lapras, and so far it's worked better than earth power

Milotic-leftovers
Modest/252hp/240def/16Sp atk
-rest
-sleep talk
-surf
-ice beam
This is a standard smogon rest-talk milotic and I've found that it works very well in my team, generally speaking, I've had to fall back on this to win quite a few battles

Aggron-life orb-rock head
Adamant/252 attack/6def/252 speed
-head smash
-iron head
-earthquake
-rock polish
This is a standard smogon head smash aggron, however this is my only physical sweeper and it get wrecked by fighting and ground moves, so I kind of want to replace it, however it also works well, as head smash generally kills the opponent or severly damages it

Gardevoir-wise glasses-sychronize
Modest/252speed/252sp atk/6hp
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-hypnosis
This works well, as it can be used to get rid of registeel or steelix if my magmortar is unable to get rid of them, plus I can use it to sleep my opponent , then switch in and take care of it, however i'd be ok with getting rid of her

-Sceptile-Choice Specs
Timid/252speed/252spatk/6def
-leaf storm
-energy ball
-focus blast
-Hidden power(ice)
This it the same concept as my magmortar, leaf storm is to induce massive damage, energy ball is to provide a more constant source of damage, focus blast to deal with pokemon that otherwise wall it(registeel) and hp ice to take out flying and dragons(altria)

This is my team and like I said it works rather well, however feel free to dissect it and suggest improvements to it

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Can I suggest a replacement for Aggron.
Or even on Aggron seeing as it learns it. Metal Burst. Bastiodon can do it to. If you have a Focus Sash and get a big hit it is an assured OHKO. If they are Stat upping the taunt and they have no choice to suicide or switch. Either way it diffuses the situation.

Hmm, well I'm more intrested in replacing it outright, as it's weak to two of the most common types in the uu and it doesn't outspeed any without rock polish

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Well than you would do great to run a minimum speed Metal Burst as it can completely stop a sweep granted you have spun away entry hazards. Unfortunately it would be basically a one trick pony.

Exactly, it's the same thing with head smash, you get a head smash off then it gets revenged killed by a dugtrio

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Arcanine seems to be better than mag. Gardevoir should have lefties or life orb.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Arcanine seems to be better than mag. Gardevoir should have lefties or life orb.

Shock Trooper

Rockets ready, Sir!
This is my uu team, and it works rather well, however, I feel it can do better

Magmortar-Choice Scarf
Modest/252Sp atk/252 speed/6hp
-flamethrower
-thunderbolt
-focus blast
-overheat
I use this as my lead to take my opponets lead, usually with overheat, plus pokemon can't trick the choice scarf onto it. It also works effectivly to clean up the leftovers
Outclassed by Typhlosion. Eruption/Fire Blast or Flamethrower/HP Ice or Electric/Focus Punch.

-Claydol-leftovers
Bold/252hp/114spatk/144def
-rapid spin
-stealth rock
-grass knot
-shadow ball
This is the standard smogon utility claydol, with the exception of grass knot. I added grass knot after my claydol got taken out by a lapras, and so far it's worked better than earth power
uhh sure I guess but you have Sceptile to take care of stuff like Lapras as well as Aggron.

Milotic-leftovers
Modest/252hp/240def/16Sp atk
-rest
-sleep talk
-surf
-ice beam
This is a standard smogon rest-talk milotic and I've found that it works very well in my team, generally speaking, I've had to fall back on this to win quite a few battles
ok but you could run toxic>> Ice beam to help with bulky waters (aka slowbro or mantine or quaggy)

Aggron-life orb-rock head
Adamant/252 attack/6def/252 speed
-head smash
-Low Kick/Ice Punch
-earthquake
-rock polish
This is a standard smogon head smash aggron, however this is my only physical sweeper and it get wrecked by fighting and ground moves, so I kind of want to replace it, however it also works well, as head smash generally kills the opponent or severly damages it
Low Kick or Ice Punch is a far better option than Iron head regardless of STAB

Gardevoir-wise glasses-sychronize
Modest/252speed/252sp atk/6hp
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-hypnosis
This works well, as it can be used to get rid of registeel or steelix if my magmortar is unable to get rid of them, plus I can use it to sleep my opponent , then switch in and take care of it, however i'd be ok with getting rid of her
Get rid of this so you have something to get rid of that P-Doom weak (P-Z and Houndoom make a deadly offensive combo that wipes out this team.) I would consider something with priority that doesn't less to Cress like this team does as well and can beat Houndoom and P-Z. Technitop or Blaziken could work well, although neither solves the Cress problem.

-Sceptile-Choice Specs
Timid/252speed/252spatk/6def
-leaf storm
-energy ball
-focus blast
-Hidden power(ice)
This it the same concept as my magmortar, leaf storm is to induce massive damage, energy ball is to provide a more constant source of damage, focus blast to deal with pokemon that otherwise wall it(registeel) and hp ice to take out flying and dragons(altria)
Sure

This is my team and like I said it works rather well, however feel free to dissect it and suggest improvements to it

Really Cress is a pain to this team, and the synergy between your Pokemon don't work so well imo. I would either go semistall and drop everybody but Milotic and start from scratch or just drop Milotic and Claydol and go offensive. You could then use ForesightTop>> Gardevoir, run an Absol/Dark type that owns Cress>> Claydol, and then I would go with a Natural Cure user like Altaria to take status, and Altaria can run a decent mixed set. Also with Absol's Sucker Punch/Superpower you no longer lose to the P-Z and Houndoom combo.

So overall, the team would look like:

Scarf Typhlosion
Absol/Dark Type
Foresight Hitmontop
Mixed Altaria/DD Altaria/something Altaria
Specs Sceptile
RP Aggron

CountCrotchula

you have to many special attackers. A Chansey/ Regice could wall your team after your aggron dies. Perhaps you could replace Claydol with a rapid spinning Donphan.

Really Cress is a pain to this team, and the synergy between your Pokemon don't work so well imo. I would either go semistall and drop everybody but Milotic and start from scratch or just drop Milotic and Claydol and go offensive. You could then use ForesightTop>> Gardevoir, run an Absol/Dark type that owns Cress>> Claydol, and then I would go with a Natural Cure user like Altaria to take status, and Altaria can run a decent mixed set. Also with Absol's Sucker Punch/Superpower you no longer lose to the P-Z and Houndoom combo.

So overall, the team would look like:

Scarf Typhlosion
Absol/Dark Type
Foresight Hitmontop
Mixed Altaria/DD Altaria/something Altaria
Specs Sceptile
RP Aggron

actually magmortar works better than typhlosion, i had a typholsion before and ive had more sucess with magmortar, i have a absol that ill try, and ill breed myself a dd altria

Shock Trooper

Rockets ready, Sir!
actually magmortar works better than typhlosion, i had a typholsion before and ive had more sucess with magmortar, i have a absol that ill try, and ill breed myself a dd altria

Only thing that Magmortar has going for it over Typhlosion is T-Bolt and Focus Blast instead of HP Electric and Focus Punch and Typhlosion has better Special Attack and Speed iirc. But if you really like the special firepower from Magmortar over having mixed Choice Scarf then I guess Magmortar could be used.

Also realized that you still lose to P-Z and Houndoom because they pretty much nail everybody hard. Try running Technitop atm and see how it works, however lack of Rapid Spin support may be a problem, so look into that as well and see how you can remedy that.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
replace claydol with rapid spin donphan. replace Gardevoir with wish umbreon or milktank as u r indeed extremely weak P-doom

Well Ill go iv breed myself a hitmontop I guess

Also, other uu pokes I have atm:
Ambipom-silk scarf
Jolly/6hp/252speed/252attack
-Fake out
-return
-u-turn
-counter-needs to be replaced

Swellow-Flame Orb
Jolly/6hp/252attack/252speed
-facade
-brave bird
-u-turn
-roost

Porygon2-Leftovers-trace
Bold/252hp/40spatk/216def
-recover
-tri-attack
-thunder-wave
-ice beam

Porygon-Z-Focus Sash-Adaptability
Modest/252spatk/252speed/6hp
-tri-attack
-ice beam
-thunder bolt
-agility

Should I work any of these into my team?

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
IMO I would put hp water/grass over something on Magmortar because hp water/grass makes it break through walls.