• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My UU team, looking to make as good as possible.

WillieNelson

So, this team that I made originally was going to be an OU team, but I decided to use a tier I'm much better at. The team is centered around Venomoth and getting it to sweep, or more often Baton Passing its boosts to another Pokemon, and then sweeping right through the opponent. It is a very offensively centered team. It did well in testing, getting past 1500 in Pokemon Showdown's ladder.

Changes in bold.

049.gif

Bugsy (Venomoth) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
The one Pokemon that ties the team together, Venomoth is a fantastic QuiverDancer. It has Sleep Powder to help set up and shut down a counter, Bug Buzz gets very good coverage on its own with Tinted Lens, and Baton Pass is to pass on his boosts to a teammate in waiting. This set is designed to survive 1 turn to use Sleep Powder, set up with Quiver Dance, then try to sweep a few enimies before getting outta there to let another Pokemon take his place.

475.gif

Blade (Gallade) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Night Slash
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
Bulk Up Gallade takes the QuiverPass quite well despite not benifitting from the Sp. Atk boost. He gets more special bulk, which is very good considering he's boosting his physical bulk already, and the speed helps him get past his rather average speed stat. Substitute is to block those pesky status problems as well as being a great buffer against random critical hits. Bulk Up is to of course to get him more bulky, and more powerful at the same time. Night Slash and Drain Punch have amazing coverage together, and Drain Punch heals him. =D The reason I chose Night Slash over Shadow Sneak is because oftentimes his speed will be boosted anyway, and I prefer the extra power.

233.gif

Stevie (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 212 HP / 120 Def / 176 SDef
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Recover
Porygon2 is my go-to defender of this team; when there's an opponent that can OHKO most of my other Pokemon, Pory2 can take the his like a boss. Ice Beam and Discharge form the feared BoltBeam combo, Toxic is to get lots of risidual damage going, and recover is, what else? Recovery.

243.gif

Diego (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Choice Specs Raikou is a scary thing. Thunderbolt is a very reliable STAB, while HP Ice takes care of ground types ang gives him nearly perfect coverage. Extrasensory is mainly filler, but does wonders against Rosarade, and Volt Switch is to keep the momentum going.

609.gif

Boo (Chandelure) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute
Chandelure has one of the highest special attack stats in the game, and can use it well, especially with it boosted and at x1.5 or 2 speed. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are STAB, and provide very good coverage together. Energy Ball is to take care of bulky Waters, Grounds, and Rocks that can otherwise OHKO him. I chose Substitute over Calm Mind because I want him to last as long as possible while sleeping, and Substitute is always a good move to have. :3

638.gif

Azure Knight (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scisor
- Swords Dance
I chose Cobalion because I wanted a fast physical attacker that can also utilize the Quiverpass to take out threats that otherwise check him like Gligar. Sacred Sword I chose over Close Combat mainly because I don't like the defense drop, and I want him to last. Stone Edge has amazing beside it, and finally, X-Scisor round out the coverage, taking care of those pesky Psychics and those that resist his other moves, like the rarely seen Claydol

Last edited:

Patri25

You are carring Sword Dance on Cobalion and the only special move is HP Ice, replace it by other move. Select Adamant/Jolly nature.

Patri25

I should replace Hidden Power Ice by X-Scizor