• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My very limited Sapphire team (Plus other 3rd gen games?) for the Elite 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafy Sea Dragon

I haven't played the Hoenn games for years or so, and replayed the Kanto remakes weeks ago. I'm pretty confident in my FR/LG teams, so I don't know if I want help with them or not. In Emerald, it appears I restarted and I'm not very far in the game, so I might ignore that game too. I'm afraid of the movesets more-so than my team in Ruby (Apparently I restarted that game too). Sapphire, however, is the game I'm most worried about.

My team:

Swellow (Level 81)
Ability: Guts
Nature: relaxed
-Aerial Ace
-Wing Attack
-Hyper Beam
-Fly

Sceptile (Level 53)
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Bold
-Slam
-Bullet Seed
-Leaf Blade
-Detect [What in the world did I replace with Detect ;;;;]

Salamence (Level 52)
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naughty
-Fly
-Bite
-Dragon Claw
-Dragonbreath

Flygon (Level 52)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Lonely
-Crunch
-Bite (Crunch... and bite...)
-Faint Attack
-Dragonbreath

Tropius (Level 50)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Brave
-Fly
-Synthesis
-Solarbeam
-Cut

Walrein (Level 52)
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Brave
-Blizzard
-Ice Ball
-Body Slam
-Aurora Beam

Some extra (All the other "high" level pokemon I have are legendaries that I'm not interested in using, or not really fit against Hoenn's elite 4, or just me being lazy):

Crawdaunt (Level 44)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Naive
-Crabhammer
-Waterfall
-Sludge bomb
-Surf

As you can tell, my team lacks a lot of variety. I think the furthest I've ever gotten into the elite four was actually Steven! But I don't really remember the team I used and I think training for even more higher levels will be a pain. I mean, I'm sure have to train some of them a bit more, just don't feel like training them to 70 or something unless there's a decent exp place. Or I WILL train if there's still hope! It just might take some interest and a few months or so, haha. Might be exaggerating on the months.

Oh, and probably being (more?) picky here, but I'm more of an offensive attacker. I might like a few defensive-like/non-damaging moves, but eh.

Okay now for the limited part. :(
  • Battery is dry/Berry glitch (though I still have a lot of berries!!)
  • I /think/ I used most of the TMs already... (All I have in the bag is Hail, Return, Sandstorm, Facade, Attract, Skill Swap, and the HMs)
  • Should I send off my pokemon to Gen IV (Since I don't know where my link cable is, and it's most likely dead anyway) and restart? :/

Last edited:

Leafy Sea Dragon

No replies, I am saddened ;;

However, and sorry for the double-post, but I don't think I need help with the Elite 4/Champion of my Sapphire. After leveling my pokemon to level 55, replacing Flygon's bite with Sandstorm just because, choosing Crawdaunt over Walrein, and removing Waterfall for Ice Beam, I bought 11 revives and 5 more Full Heals or so (Total 16 or so), and decided to hit the Elite Four again. Gosh that sentence seemed horrible to type, haha, sorry.

Struggled with them more and more after each battle. Though I think I had more problems with Glacia. Had about 5 for both Full Heals and Revives each and decided to save before the Champion. I was able to get up to Steven's Metagross but he knocked out my last pokemon when Metagross had lowish health ;;. Retried again, was left over 1 of each Revive and Full Heal, only had my Crawdaunt and Swellow left iirc.

I had my Crawdaunt hold a Mystic Water for the second Champion fight. Gosh I love how I decided to switch out my Walrein, I might have had the same effect or so anyway since Walrein was also a water type, with ice moves (An ice type too, duh), but I still like that I switched out :D:D.

They all stayed at 55 except for Crawdaunt, haha, who grew a level. Well, my swellow was able to level up as well, lol.

I'm thankful that this thread got some views, (Post though :mad: ) and I look forward bothering you guys more IF I decide to want help for my FR/LG/Ruby/Emerald versions. (At the Aqua Hideout in Emerald now!!!)

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't know about the reasons of others, but the reason I didn't reply was that your post was a bit chaotic. It was unclear for me exactly if you wanted help on Emerald, Sapphire, or Ruby. You posted a team, but it was unclear for me on which game this was. In general what I do on Sapphire is simply storm through the E4 with Kyogre. Kyogre generally destroys Steven with ease, as its Hydro Pump in rain will destroy everything.

Leafy Sea Dragon

I don't know about the reasons of others, but the reason I didn't reply was that your post was a bit chaotic. It was unclear for me exactly if you wanted help on Emerald, Sapphire, or Ruby. You posted a team, but it was unclear for me on which game this was. In general what I do on Sapphire is simply storm through the E4 with Kyogre. Kyogre generally destroys Steven with ease, as its Hydro Pump in rain will destroy everything.

Ah, thank you for stating that. Thought I hinted that here: "Sapphire, however, is the game I'm most worried about" + the title, haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Not a fan of using legendaries against the elite four despite doing so a couple of times :x.

Besides, I knocked out Kyogre and saved afterwards like a foolish kid years ago, ahaha ;;.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.