• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My VGC 2015 Team

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hello everyone :). I usually don't play competitive much, but I decided that I want to compete in the VGC this year :). Any advice on this team(which has been tested on Showdown and I am currently at 20 wins, 5 losses).

Skippy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
Mega Kanga is something I've wanted to use for a while! Scrappy is the standard ability to hit those ghost types when they aren't attacking and Sucker Punch can't hit them. Fake out is standard, always nice to flinch an opponent before they can attack or set up for their team. I prefer Return to Double-edge as there is no recoil and can still pack quite a punch. I love Power up Punch too, for those steel types and an attack boost is always nice! Kangaskanite to Mega Evolve, EV's and natue are to get the best attack possible, Jolly over Adamant for better speed.

Malkavi (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Explosion
I've never used any of the genies before, but I find Landorus Therian works well. Intimidate is quite handy for the physical sweepers, it's always nice to lower their attacking power. Earthquake is standard STAB, useful for things like Bisharp and anything else weak to ground, and can pack a punch on things that don't resist it as well. Rock Slide covers ice, flying and bug types, and the flinch chance has worked out nicely for me on more than one occasion. U-turn is mostly for scouting purposes, and Explosion I don't use very often but it can come in handy. I'd like suggestions as to what to replace it with though :). I usually partner Landorus-T with Heat Rotom, as I can then EQ without anyone from my side being hit. I did have Choice Scarf, but I don't like being locked into one move, so I opted for Yache Berry instead. Any item suggestions here are also welcome :). Jolly nature for the best speed possible, with EV's in Speed and Attack.

Galavant (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
Ah, Bisharp. Something not many people used until Knock Off got a much needed power boost. I only recently added this guy to the team, but it slays! Defiant is a brilliant ability, and allows me to switch in on Intimidate's and any predicted stat drop moves for the awesome 2x attack boost! Knock Off is a lovely STAB move, great base power and also has the added advantage of knocking of the opponent's item, if they survive the hit. Iron Head also gets STAB, and is wonderful for KOing those pesky fairy types. Sucker Punch is to finish off opponents, or to get a hit in before I am KOed. Protect is for scouting, and if I want to use Bisharp with Landorus and use Earthquake. Standard sweeper EV spread, Jolly for the extra speed boost. Life Orb is for the extra attack boost which can come in really handy, but any other item suggestions are also welcome :).

Gemma (Sableye) (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Taunt
Sableye was suggested to me on Showdown, and I have to admit, it's saved me from more than one loss. Sablenite is the standard item, to Mega Evolve. The EV spread and nature are to maximise my stalling ability. Will-o-Wisp cripples attackers such as Bisharp, Kangaskhan-M and Salamence to name a few. Magic Bounce works wonder if I get to mega evolve, nothing quite like bouncing back status effects to the opponent. Protect is to scout, or protect me against moves of my teamates. Taunt can cripple stallers, and Foul Play is the standard attacking move which also gets STAB. I was thinking of replacing Taunt with Pain Split, what do you guys think?

Serpenta (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
Milotic is the one pokemon on this team I not 100% sure about. It does work well against fire and ground types, and can provide handy burns with scald. Ice Beam can floor dragons, with Recover for more staying power, and Mirror Coat can be awesome if I can pull it off right. Essentially a wall whilst also providing some handy moves. If anyone has suggestions of another good water type or pokemon that would work better that would be awesome :).

Ovenfresh (Rotom-Heat) @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
I spent quite a while looking for a good fire type, and Rotom Heat is just what I was looking for :). Volt Switch is great for scouting, Thunderbolt and Overheat are STAB, and Will-o-Wisp to cripple sweepers. The only thing I don't like about this set is Overheat lowering my Sp.A two stages, which is why I was thinking of replacing the Absorb Bulb with a Power Herb. Would that be better? Nature and EV's too hit hard and fast.

Thanks in advance guys :)
~RaichuArcanine~