• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My VGC Team

This is for the VGC's, which is flat, double battles.
I'm not the best EV trainer, so any tips are helpful, (many of the Pokemon have most EVs in Def and SpD so that they can stay in for a long time however).

This team is mostly supposed to run off of Trick Room, however Rain Dance kicks in a bit.

Slowking @ Damp Rock
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 168 Def/ 172 SpA/ 168 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Scald (looking to replace)
- Rain Dance

Sets up rain which helps later on. Damp Rock to keep rain going. Trick Room for complete destruction by my next Pokemon.

Dusclops @ Evilolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
Nature: Brave (+ Atk, -Spe)
- Brick Break
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- ThunderPunch

Dusclops holding Eviolite is bulkier than a Dusknoir, and with those EVs, it gets a few good turns in. It has Shadow Ball and Brick Break to cover it's weaknesses, and the only things that have really caused any problem for it are Chandelure, Gengar, and some Dark-types. ThunderPunch is to cover Pokemon like Honchkrow, which have a second type that resists Fighting.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, - SpA)
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Escavalier is awesome with Trick Room. It basically goes first just about every round, and with that awesome Atk stat, it destroys teams. Swords Dance boosts Atk 2 stages, which basically means doubling the stat. The EVs in Def and SpD, Leftovers, and Protect keep it in play for a long time. Rain helps weaken Fire-attacks.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 56 HP/ 252 Atk/ 100 Def/ 100 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Detect

I have to admit, I took this idea from others. Hitmontop is one of my favorite Pokemon, and this is an awesome set. Works well because priority isn't affected by Trick Room.

Dragonite @ Macho Brace
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 128 Def/ 252 SpA/ 128 SpD
Nature: Quiet (+SpA. -Spe)
-Hurricane
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam

Hurricane and Thunder can be abused like crazy with Rain in play. Not to mention STAB from Hurricane. Dragon Pulse is for a nice Dragon-type STAB attack, which is only resisted by Steel. Ice Beam is to get 4x effective attacks against Pokemon of the same type combo. Macho Brace is an alternative of Iron Ball that lets me keep immunity to Ground. For abuse during Trick Room.

Amoonguss @ Big Root
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 168 Def/ 168 SpA/ 168 SpD
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
- Toxic
- Spore
- Venoshock
- Giga Drain

Average status inflict + stalling Poke.

Any comments are appreciated ;D

If you think any natures are unsatisfactory, just tell me. I have about 3 months, which would be enough time to make any changes.

Last edited:

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Your team is good, and I see where you are coming from with your sp.def and def evs. But I think there are times where it would be better to invest 252 in atk/sp.atk, like with your Machamp I also think you should put a more even spread between Escavalier, that way you can really abuse its high attack.maybe 0/252/128/0/128/0? Other than that, there's not much I can comment on.

Your team is good, and I see where you are coming from with your sp.def and def evs. But I think there are times where it would be better to invest 252 in atk/sp.atk, like with your Machamp I also think you should put a more even spread between Escavalier, that way you can really abuse its high attack.maybe 0/252/128/0/128/0? Other than that, there's not much I can comment on.

Great. Thanks. I thought about that, and I've only been in one competition before, and this is the first time I've EV'd, so I'll use that idea.