• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My white team

Liamb2324

Here is my first ever white or my level 100 pokemon for wifi battles. Im new to all this so help really wanted dont no much about battling or what helps n what doesnt so all help and advice wanted.

Zebstrike, motordrive, adamant
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Flame charge
Stomp
Ivs- 31/31/31/31/31/31
Evs- 16/28/0/4/0/32

Metagross, clear body, serious
Phychic
Reflect
Hammer arm
Meteor mash
31/31/31/31/31/02
0/100/100/0/100/100

Dragonite, inner focus, adamant
Surf
Icebeam
Thunderbolt
Dragon rush
27/27/27/29/0/23
16/100/100/0/100/100

Venusaur, overgrow, serious
Synthesis
Growth
Sludge bomb
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
16/100/100/4/100/100

Archeops defeatist jolly
Shadow claw
Stone edge
U-turn
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
6/252/0/0/0/252

Blastoise torrent quiet
Drivk break
Iron defence
Surf
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
13/100/100/2/0/100

Emboar blaze brave
Earthquake
Poison jab
Flamethrower
Wild charge
31/31/31/31/31/0
8/100/100/2/0/100

Charizard blaze hasty
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Heatwave
Wingattack
31/31/31/31/31/31
6/11/0/3/0/30

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Here is my first ever white or my level 100 pokemon for wifi battles. Im new to all this so help really wanted dont no much about battling or what helps n what doesnt so all help and advice wanted.

Zebstrike, motordrive, adamant
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Flame charge
Stomp
Ivs- 31/31/31/31/31/31
Evs- 16/28/0/4/0/32

Metagross, clear body, serious
Phychic
Reflect
Hammer arm
Meteor mash
31/31/31/31/31/02
0/100/100/0/100/100

Dragonite, inner focus, adamant
Surf
Icebeam
Thunderbolt
Dragon rush
27/27/27/29/0/23
16/100/100/0/100/100

Venusaur, overgrow, serious
Synthesis
Growth
Sludge bomb
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
16/100/100/4/100/100

Archeops defeatist jolly
Shadow claw
Stone edge
U-turn
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
6/252/0/0/0/252

Blastoise torrent quiet
Drivk break
Iron defence
Surf
Earthquake
31/31/31/31/31/31
13/100/100/2/0/100

Emboar blaze brave
Earthquake
Poison jab
Flamethrower
Wild charge
31/31/31/31/31/0
8/100/100/2/0/100

Charizard blaze hasty
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Heatwave
Wingattack
31/31/31/31/31/31
6/11/0/3/0/30

I saw your post in another thread so I headed over here to help you. The reason that you're not winning any Wifi Battles is because there are a LOT of problems going on with this team. You can't just throw a whole bunch of Pokemon together and expect them to work well. You need to make sure that their abilities and moves complement each other.

So let's start with the Pokemon themselves. First, there's no way that those EVs are right. If you trained your Pokemon up to level 100 (i.e., you had them gain experience and you didn't Rare Candy them or Day Care them up to level 100), each one of them should have about 510 EVs. I don't think you have calculated this correctly. But we'll get back to this later. Secondly, it seems that you haven't decided if you want your Pokemon to do. You need to play them to their strengths. Metagross has a high Attack stat, so you want to use that. Give it an Adamant Nature (boosting its Attack by 10%) and EV train it with 252 EVs in Attack, boosting its Attack by another 64 points. Then give it physical moves. See how that works? Use these things to your advantage.

The Pokemon: These Pokemon do not work well together. When you make a team, you need to try to make sure you have a counter for every type, as well as making sure that your Pokemon's abilities and moves help instead of hinder each other. For example, if you prefer competitive Double Battles, and you have a Pokemon that knows Earthquake, its partner better have Levitate as an ability or be a Flying-type so that it doesn't hurt itself. You should have Pokemon that are set-ups, walls, sweepers, and revenge killers. Someone else can give you better advice about what Pokemon work well together on a Singles team; I prefer to do Doubles Teams so I'm better at that. I'm also not good at advising you which Pokemon to use with others. What I CAN tell you, though, is which Pokemon on your team are outclassed.

If you have a Pokemon that is outclassed, that basically means that there is another Pokemon that does the job better than the one you have. So here's a list:

1. Zebstrika

Zebstrika is not very good and you should never use it competitively. Its defenses are so poor that it can barely last one round. Zebstrika is outclassed by Magnezone, Rotom-W, Jolteon, and Thundurus.

2. Metagross is a great Pokemon. Good choice here. More on it later.

3. Dragonite is also a great Pokemon, but only if it has Multiscale. Inner Focus Dragonite is outclassed by Moxie Salamence, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Latios, and Latias. Dragonite loses its Multiscale boost, though, if there is Stealth Rock in the arena, which is why it's better to use one of the other Pokemon listed.

4. Venusaur is only useful if it has Chlorophyll and is on a Sun team. Other than that, it is outclassed by Roserade, Breloom, Virizion, and Ferrothorn.

5. Archeops is a gimmick Pokemon, really, because of its pesky Defeatist ability and susceptibility to Stealth Rock. Skarmory can do its job better.

6. Blastoise is usable. If you really like it, you can keep it, but its main utility is to use Rapid Spin. If it doesn't know that, it's not doing what it does best. You could also use Starmie or Cloyster to fill this role more appropriately.

7. Emboar isn't really all that great, because it has very poor Defenses and most of its moves give it stat drops or recoil damage. It is outclassed by Infernape and Blaziken.

8. Charizard has a major weakness to Stealth Rock, and therefore is almost never used because it dies before it can attack. Heatran, Blaziken, and Infernape are much better choices.

The Abilities and Natures:

There is nothing you can do now about changing the Abilities and Natures of the Pokemon you have, and getting more flawless Pokemon will be a nightmare, I'm sure. But in case you want to know, here is what they SHOULD have to make your team better:

1. Zebstrika should have Lightningrod as an ability instead of Motor Drive, because Lightningrod does the exact same thing as Motor Drive, except also drawing all Electric type moves to Zebstrika, forcing its SpA to be boosted. Lightningrod is extremely useful when you're in a Double Battle - pair a Lightningrod Pokemon with a Flying- or Water- type, and you eliminate their Electric weakness.
Contrary to what you would think, Zebstrika is a very poor physical attacker because it has very few physical moves to use. Instead, you should play to its strengths and give it a Timid or Modest Nature, boosting either its Speed or SpA to use with those Special moves it has so many of.

2. Metagross should have Clear Body as an ability, so that's good that you have it. It should also have an Adamant Nature if you want it to be a physical attacker. If you want it to be mixed, which is what you have, give it a Naughty nature.

3. Dragonite MUST have Multiscale to be useful at all competitively. Inner Focus Dragonite is 4x weak to Ice and will quickly fall to Outrage or Draco Meteor. Adamant is a good nature for it, though, if you use it as an attacker.

4. Venusaur MUST have Chlorophyll and be on a Sun team to be of any use offensively. Otherwise, it it too slow to do any damage, especially with Solarbeam requiring two turns to move without sun. (Giga Drain is a better choice with no sun).

5. Your Archeops is fine if you really want to use it. Jolly is the perfect nature for it.

6. Blastoise should have a Bold or Relaxed Nature, but its Ability doesn't matter.

7. Emboar needs a Jolly or Adamant nature to have a hope of functioning.

8. Charizard needs a Timid nature because it functions best as a Special Attacker.

Moves:

This is where most of your problems lie. The main thing to remember with moves is that you need only one move of each type (unless you get benefits other than damage from another move of the same type, such as switching out) and you need to cover each Pokemon's weaknesses with the moves you give it. You should almost never use Normal-type damaging moves because they aren't super effective against anything.

1. Zebstrika: Your Zebstrika has an Adamant nature, boosting its Attack, yet you have given it Special moves. This does not help you. It either needs a Modest or Timid nature and Special moves. Also, you don't need more than one move of each type unless one is a status move or has some other function other than solely damage. There is no reason to have Discharge AND Thunderbolt. A better movepool for Special Attacking is:

Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Overheat
HP Grass

For your physical Zebstrika, I recommend the moves below. However, several of them have recoil damage, which is bad, but there aren't really any other physical options for Zebstrika, which is why a Special Attacker is better:

Flame Charge
Wild Charge
Bounce
Return

Metagross: You need to decide if you want your Metagross to be a physical or mixed attacker. It has a Serious nature, which doesn't help or harm anything, but where you put the EVs for this will determine what you do with it. It seems that you want it to be mixed from your move choices. You don't have a Pokemon that sets up entry hazards, so we can use Metagross for that.

Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Meteor Mash
Earthquake/Hammer Arm

Dragonite: I really recommend that you use a different Dragon-type, but if you want Dragonite, it has an Adamant nature and you've given it Special moves! Use it to its strengths and give it physical moves.

Outrage/Dragon Claw
Extremespeed/Roost
Fire Punch/Waterfall
Superpower/Earthquake

Venusaur is a Special Attacker and it really needs Sun to function. Synthesis is only useful in the Sun, as well. I don't recommend doing the Sunny Day set JUST for Venusaur - you need a whole team built around Sun - but I listed it anyway.

Growth
Giga Drain
HP Fire/Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb

Sunny Day
Giga Drain/Solarbeam
HP Fire/Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder/Synthesis

Archeops: Archeops needs to hit hard and fast right when it is put on the field, or it won't be of any use. That's why it needs a Jolly nature with 252 Spe and 252 Atk, and it's best to give it a Flying Gem and Acrobatics. Acrobatics is its best move.

Acrobatics
Stone Edge
Earthquake
U-Turn/Roost/Head Smash

Blastoise is a Rapid Spinner, and that is his best use. It's okay to use a mixed set on him. The reason that you don't need Earthquake on Blastoise is because he's already strong against the types that Earthquake would damage super-effectively, mainly Fire and Rock. It is useful against Electric-types, which Blastoise is weak against, but you don't actually see a lot of Electric Pokemon competitively, because they tend to have bad stats. Instead, you see Electric moves on Pokemon such as Dragons, which Ground has no use against. Blastoise is not an attacker - you want it to Rapid Spin, put statuses on opponents, and use Roar to mess up the opponent's strategy.

Rapid Spin
Scald (better than Surf for a Rapid Spinner because of its chance of burning the opponent. Use this against a Pokemon with high Attack, because burn lowers Attack by 50%)
Roar/Dragon Tail
Toxic

Emboar - Emboar functions as an attacker and nothing else. With its high attack and Fire typing, you should never put a Special Fire move like Flamethrower on it! You're missing out on putting that STAB on top of massive attack! I figure you did this because you want to avoid recoil damage. Emboar's defenses are so low anyway that it doesn't matter - use a powerful physical move before the opponent finishes you off.

Flare Blitz
Superpower
Wild Charge
Earthquake

Charizard has much higher Special Attack than Attack, so you need to use that to your advantage. There's no need to teach it physical moves, especially ones like Wing Attack that have more powerful Special counterparts.

Fire Blast
Air Slash
HP Grass/Focus Blast
Substitute/Roost

EVs:

The last thing you need to know about competitive battling is EVs. Like I said before, it seems that your EV calculations are off. When you put EVs in your Pokemon, they need to be played to their strengths. Zebstrika, for example, needs 252 EVs in SpA and 252 EVs in Speed. This boosts his SpA and Speed ON TOP OF the Modest or Timid nature he has. I saw that someone gave you a link to the EV guide in another thread. If you want to have any chance of winning competitively, you HAVE to EV train your Pokemon.

Last edited:

Liamb2324

Wow thank you so much for taking your time to give me so much help and advice. Just wondering I have all these that are flawless and near flawless-
Chikorita serious
Torchic calm
Squirtle quiet
Totodile lax
Throh timid
Mawile timid
Deino adamant
Pawniard lonely
Charmander hasty
Bulbasaur serious
Mew adamant
Litwick jolly
Drilbur timid
Darkrai timid
Watchog adamant
Metagross serious
Charmander adamant
Horsea timid
Chimchar jolly
Latias bold
Tepig brave
Golett timid
Latios timid
Snivy timid
Eevee timid
Oshawott modest
Gothita modest
Axew adamant
Vanillite modest

I plan on ev training the best 8 which 8 out of them all would you train as a battle team and what would you ev train them on?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Wow thank you so much for taking your time to give me so much help and advice. Just wondering I have all these that are flawless and near flawless-
Chikorita serious
Torchic calm
Squirtle quiet
Totodile lax
Throh timid
Mawile timid
Deino adamant
Pawniard lonely
Charmander hasty
Bulbasaur serious
Mew adamant
Litwick jolly
Drilbur timid
Darkrai timid
Watchog adamant
Metagross serious
Charmander adamant
Horsea timid
Chimchar jolly
Latias bold
Tepig brave
Golett timid
Latios timid
Snivy timid
Eevee timid
Oshawott modest
Gothita modest
Axew adamant
Vanillite modest

I plan on ev training the best 8 which 8 out of them all would you train as a battle team and what would you ev train them on?

If I had to choose from those, I would go with Torchic, Squirtle, Drilbur, Metagross, Chimchar, Latios, Eevee, and Axew. Out of those, Torchic, Squirtle, Drilbur, and Metagross do not have good natures. In fact, Drilbur has the opposite nature of what you would want it to have. I would almost recommend getting another Drilbur with a Jolly nature, even if it isn't flawless. That might put you in a better position than a Timid one. The reason that Mew and Darkrai are NOT listed here is because they are banned from Wifi Battles, the PWT, and pretty much everything except in-game teams, so there's no point in training them for Wifi battles.

Metagross would be your setup hazard, sent out first. Use the moveset I said earlier.
Blastoise would be your Rapid Spinner. Use the moveset I said earlier.

At this point, you really, really, really need a wall. I recommend Ferrothorn or Cresselia. People like to use Blissey, but I don't really like her because she can't withstand Fighting-type attacks very well. Skarmory or Eviolite Porygon2 are also good choices. Even if it's not flawless, it's better than not having one.

Blaziken and Infernape serve the same purpose: sweeping. Do not put these two on the same team, as they are essentially the same Pokemon. Blaziken is better with Speed Boost, but chances are you can't get one of those, as they were only released in Japan and only as males.

Blaziken:

Swords Dance
Protect
Hi Jump Kick
Flare Blitz

Infernape: Infernape also does best with Iron Fist, but again, chances are you can't get that because it was only released in Japan. With a Jolly Infernape, the best moveset is:

Flare Blitz
Close Combat
U-Turn
Thunderpunch/Mach Punch

Excadrill functions best as a sweeper or revenge killer, as well. Once again, Timid Nature will put you at a disadvantage here.

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Rapid Spin
Iron Head/Shadow Claw

Latios

You can do a couple of things with this Latios. You could use him as Dual Screens, or you can use him as a Special Sweeper. If you do Dual Screens, he needs to hold the Light Clay and be sent out first, or after Metagross if you use him.

Dual Screens:

Reflect
Light Screen
Memento (be VERY careful when using this. You need to be able to predict a Protect or Detect or Latios will faint)
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

Special Sweeper:

Draco Meteor
Surf
Psyshock (useful against Blissey)
Trick/HP Fire/Roost

Eevee: There are a few things you can do here. I recommend using either Jolteon or Espeon. However, Espeon needs Magic Bounce to be completely useful. You could also use Umbreon as a wall, but there are better options for that. Use Jolteon if you want an Electric-type and Espeon if you want a Psychic-type. Jolteon can also be a Baton Passer and pass Substitutes to other team members, buying them some protection. If you use Latios, do not use Espeon because they basically fill the same role.

Jolteon:

Thunderbolt/Thunder
Volt Switch
Signal Beam
HP Ice/Shadow Ball

OR

Substitute
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Shadow Ball

For Espeon:

Reflect
Light Screen
Psyshock
Baton Pass/HP Fire

Haxorus: Haxorus needs Mold Breaker. If Haxorus has Rivalry, do not use it. You need Mold Breaker. Haxorus serves as a sweeper/revenge killer.

Swords Dance
Outrage
Superpower/Earthquake
Aqua Tail/Dragon Claw

I hope that helps. Keep in mind that you could make an even better team, and you're limiting yourself by only working with your flawless Pokemon.

Liamb2324

Thsnk you so much again if i was to not go with flawless what 8 would you pick?