• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My wi-fi Team

Shao-May

Trainer in training
At the beginning I wanted to start playing competitively but I soon realized that I had a lot to learn before starting. So I decided to start building a team just to play (read not getting swept) in single on wi-fi. Without further ado, here's my team:

Milotic @Leftovers
Nature: Bold, Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: Unknown spread in HP, SpDef and Def
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse

(Note: It's hidden power is Dragon type, so I can't use this move very efficiently).

Ampharos @Ampharosite
Nature: Modest, Ability: Static
EVs: Unknown spread between HP, SpAtk and SpDef
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse
-Volt Switch
-Cotton Guard

Skarmory @Rocky Helmet
Nature: Impish, Ability: Sturdy
EVs: Not trained yet
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind

Florges @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest, Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: HP, SpAtk and SpDef
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Moon Blast
-Aromatherapy

Pangoro @Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant, Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: Unknown spread in Atk, HP and Speed
-Parting Shot
-Hammer Arm
-Crunch
-Poison Jab

Arcanine @Life Orb
Nature: Modest, Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: Unknown spread in HP, SpAtk and Speed
-Morning Sun
-Heat Wave
-Will-O-Wisp
-Close Combat

As you can see my team get confusing after the first three member. I don't know if it's the pokémon or the move sets. While I really want to use Milotic, Ampharos and Skarmory, I realize that my team is really slow, but not enough to do a trick room team. Also I really want to keep Ampharos and Milotic since one is shiny with a good IV spread and the other is just one of my favorite. So any suggestion and opinions are welcome. Though I would really appreciate that I avoid the solution named Greninja and Talonflame since I'm sicked of them on wi-fi.

Last edited:

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Ampharos might do better with Thunderbolt than Thunder (you have two moves on it with questionable accuracy). Thunder Wave might be useful on a Poke if you're worried about speed. Also charcoal is a no-no for wifi since it has a negligible boost. I suggest Life Orb since it boosts Close Combat as well.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Thanks for the opinion! I wasn't sure to use thunderbolt because I'm generaly lucky and strikes often, but I might go for it because you made me realise that Focus Blast has also a low accuracy. I wasn't sure to use a life orb as well since I don't like when I sacrifice HP for some power. But since this arcanine get blown away after one turn I might take the chance. But I can't put a thunder wave pokémon because I don't think Ampharos is really suited for this move and it's my general team that lack speed. I tought about sticky web, but there is so few pokémon that can use it. Galvantula and Shuckle are good, but I think they will bring the rest down.

Last edited:

Shao-May

Trainer in training
I don't know if you can double post here, but I'll take the chance. Now after battleling a bit online I quickly realize that Florges was not only barely used, but also the weak point of my team. Now I'm trying to find a replacement. I'm hesitating between several pokémon: Umbreon, Minccino and Kelfki. Now each of them have their pro and cons and I'm asking which one is better. Also I changed my set a bit to make Pangoro a bit faster and put a life orb on arcanine for more power.

(Also, I don't know if I should try to get this thread move to the competitive RMT since while I try to make a good online team, I'm not trying to get ranked or playing smogon rules.)

DJLowrider

I have no experience with Umbreon or Cinccino, but Klefki can be a nightmare depending on how you use her. The set I'm running on Klefki these days looks like this.

Klefki @ Mental Herb
Careful Nature, Prankster Ability
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
- Attract
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Swagger & Thunder Wave are your bread 'n butter here, though use good judgment to determine which you need to use first. Just remember T-wave isn't going to affect Ground-types, who are one of your two biggest threats typically. Attract is there for shenanigans. I use a female Klefki, since in my experience most of the really popular Pokemon who get used end up being male. Almost no one has a readily available counter to Attract. Foul Play is your sole refuge from Taunt and has great synergy with Swagger. The Mental Herb will save you from one Taunt, but if you know a Taunt is coming I'd recommend switching out to something that isn't going to care if it gets Taunted. I went with a Careful Nature for the SpD boost while giving up some SpA, but you could go with any other Def or SpD boosting Nature if you want. I just wouldn't recommend sacrificing Atk or Spe.

Other options in place of Attract I could recommend: Toxic, Spikes, Torment, Safeguard.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
You are the first person I met that actually recommend attract. Normaly people say that it's basicaly a useless gimmick since, while it prevent the other pokémon to attack a certain percentage of time, it leaves not side effect, But I can see that it can support the thunder wave which also prevent the oponent to attack. May I ask why you chose this move?

DJLowrider

Simply put, people don't pay attention to genders when it comes to team composition. Most don't give it any regard at all outside of breeding. So you end up seeing mostly male team members come up when battling. If people are going to be that ignorant about an aspect of their team, why not take advantage of it?

Yes, Attract has no other side effect besides the chance to immobilize. And yes it's somewhat situational because there will be times you can't use it, such as against Legendaries, genderless, or anyone who actually bothers to balance their team's gender set. But it's a 50% chance to be immobilized by love. You don't get rates like that outside of a T-wave user with Serene Grace like Togekiss. To me, the value of preventing your opponent from implementing their strategies far outweighs the fact that Attract doesn't have a secondary effect or that it can't be used all the time.

I'm here to tell you Attract has won me games simply because it's let me utterly lock down entire teams. Most recently I was in a Doubles match and I was down to just my Klefki against both a Mega Venusaur and a Pyroar. It should've been game over for me, but because both of the opponents were male I had them both Attracted as well as Paralyzed and eventually Confused. They had a ridiculously small chance to actually take any action. Klefki just finished them both off with Foul Play without issue.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Wow I didn't know that attract has 50% chances to immobilize a pokémon. That's interesting.