• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Wifi Team

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
I've had 5 battles with them officially, they won 4 and lost 1 here they are

Foretress/252HP/252 Def/6 atk
Bold, leftovers
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Explosion

My lead. He'll spike on the switch(most likely to something with a fire move or a special sweeper) and spike where he can anywhere else in the battle, then he'll blow up

Tentacruel/204 hp/36 speed/172 sp.def/96 sp. att
Calm, Leftovers
Giga Drain
Surf
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel has giga drain to heal himself and take back a starmie's thunderbolt which he can survive easily

Gliscor/252hp/252 def/6 speed
Impish, Leftovers
Taunt
Knock Off
Roost
Aerial Ace
Taunt to stop gyarados setting up, knock off to stop donphan healing back damage from toxic spikes

Infernape/24 atk/252 sp.att/232 speed
Naive, Life Orb
Grass Knot
HP Rock
Close Combat
Flamethrower
HP Rock for Gyarados. Everything else is standard for mixape

Lucario/252 sp. attack/252 speed/6 hp
Modest, Focus Sash
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flash Cannon
My special sweeper. Flash Cannon over vacuum wave because it has a higher base power

Electivire/252 att/252 speed/6 hp
Jolly, Expert Belt
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Fire Punch over ice punch because he won't be staying in on a gliscor or donphan

Rate and pick out major weaknesses please. Any advice would be extremely helpful

Bizziler

~ Forretress really wants some form of attack. Lose Toxic Spikes for Gyro Ball, as Tenta is already carrying TS. Also, Relaxed > Bold, as you're powering up Gyro Ball, whereas Bold reduces your attack.

~ Consider Knock Off on Tentacruel; he's more utility than anything else. This in turn would let you lose Knock Off on Gliscor for Earthquake, which is criminal to not have seeing as he gets STAB on it and it's one of the best offensive types in the game. Probably Ice Fang > Aerial Ace too, as you beat Hera anyway and Ice Fang reduces your Garchomp weak.

~ Why you'd want Hp Rock on Mixape is beyond me. If you want to hit Gyarados, use Hp Electric, or maybe Hp Ice for Mence. Hp Rock is only hitting Gyara for an extra 20 Bp when compared to Grass Knot.

~ Specs on Lucario will be infinitely more helpful than a Focus Sash. Flash Cannon's coverage is decidedly poor, barely hitting anything for SE that isn't already covered by Aura Sphere. Vacuum Wave or some random hidden power would be better.

~ Electivire needs Ice Punch, or Donphan/Gliscor/Hippowdon will switch in on him every time. Then, you can hit them on the switch-in for a 2HKO. Adamant is probably better than Jolly, as you'll be getting plenty of speed from Motor Drive anyway and Electivire of all things doesn't want to be reducing his already small damage output.

DragonMasterJericho

Master of the Dragon
Your team looks pretty solid to me.

My only issue is with Lucario.

Firstly, Lucario's moveset. You should throw in a support move or two, because Lucario only has a max of 279 speed with an adament nature, it is sure to be outsped by other sweeps. Dragon Pulse and Flash Cannon are high base, but they have poor type coverage, and - for me at least - havn't proved to be overly strong. I think Dragon Pulse should be switched out for Vacuum Wave, cause again with the speed. If your opponent is just hanging on, but they are faster, there is no need to take another hit to finish them off.

Also, Since Flash Cannon and Aura Sphere cover the same primary types (rock, ice) one can be switched for a move with more coverage. Swap FC for Psychic.

Again, thats only what I would do with Lucario, if it works for you, ignore this prick and keep being successful :p

Nice team overall

~Jericho

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
~ Electivire needs Ice Punch, or Donphan/Gliscor/Hippowdon will switch in on him every time. Then, you can hit them on the switch-in for a 2HKO. Adamant is probably better than Jolly, as you'll be getting plenty of speed from Motor Drive anyway and Electivire of all things doesn't want to be reducing his already small damage output.

Donphan and Hippowdon can never be 2HKO'ed by Ice Punch. But it is infinitely more useful than Fire Punch.

HP [Rock] is only usable on Ape with Specs, which is extremely beastly. Otherwise, it lacks the power to be of any substantial use.

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
OK, first Bizzilerr-Great suggestions, i'll redo foretress and infernape soon. Thanks for the suggestions
Dragon Master-Yeah, I'll take off flash cannon and go with bidizzler's idea of putting hidden power over it

Last edited: