• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Xbox

Parasite

ブラック☆スタ
My Xbox is flashing red! I set it up through the Tv, and I bought I last Year, can anyone help? This morning my parents were watching a DVD, and it stopped suddenly, then when they turned it back on, it went red, sorry about the double thread :(

theanime-dialgamazter

Now with one eyebrow
Onoez the red ring of death!!!!!!! It could be a number of things ;). And make sure to delete the cloned topic.

Last edited:

Sapphire Milotic

Usually what the "Red Ring Virus" is, is hardware failure. I am pretty sure it is from not keeping the system as cool as it needs to be, like placing the xbox in a thick carpet. Do NOT put any electronic device on a thick, cloth-like material! When this happens, the system cannot keep itself cool, so it heats up big time. When it gets too hot, it will cause some of the hardware to fail, never to be used again. This happened to my friend and he had to send it into Microsoft. I suggest you should do the same, or call up the "Help & Support" number for your system. I think that they recommend you to sent it in.

**How to lessen the chance of getting the "Red Ring Virus"**

-Keep your system on a hard surface! (desk, counter top, etc.)
-Do NOT leave the system on for an excessive amount of time! (like a week straight)
-Try to provide some support for the system so there is better circulation. (bottle caps, blocks, books, etc.)
-NEVER BLOCK THE AIR VENT!! THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF HARDWARE FAILURE!!

----------

(Basically, keep your system as cool as you can. I had a laptop and always had it on my carpet, and it could not get the air it needed, so the hard drive burnt out. So I had to replace the hard drive and reinstall everything.)

ZFXZFX

Microsoft has a new free warranty of 3 years for the 3 red light error. If you have this problem, you can send your console in for free repair. Or, if you don’t want to pay shipping and have to wait 2-3 weeks, you can attempt to fix it yourself.

If your xbox has 2 flashing lights it is just overheating.Though if there is three lights then your xbox got the RROD(Red Ring Of Doom).There is three year warranty for the RROD so you can swap the xbox back to Microsoft free of charge :D.

These are some of the causes:
1. Always make sure your Xbox 360 is far from other heat sources (including your TV and other video game consoles), and has plenty of space so that its ventilation holes can work properly.Otherwise it will Overheat which can lead to RROD
2. Never drop your Xbox 360 or place it in a diagonal position, and never move it while it’s in operation.
3. Of course NEVER block the air Vents.

Sapphire Milotic

If your xbox has 2 flashing lights it is just overheating.Though if there is three lights then your xbox got the RROD(Red Ring Of Doom).There is three year warranty for the RROD so you can swap the xbox back to Microsoft free of charge :D.

1. Always make sure your Xbox 360 is far from other heat sources (including your TV and other video game consoles), and has plenty of space so that its ventilation holes can work properly.Otherwise it will Overheat which can lead to RROD
2. Never drop your Xbox 360 or place it in a diagonal position, and never move it while it’s in operation.

Lawl, just like I said. They act just like a laptop, don't move them while they are turned on, and make sure there is plenty of ventilation. :)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Another cause is playing for too long at one time. My friend (in real life) plays his 360 allot and he's had the RROD 7 times. He's missed a whole year total of not having it because of shipping a new one back and forth. Yeah, I make fun of him sometimes.:p