• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MySpace: What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Earlier this week, me and my brother had an arguement about how ridiculous MySpace was. I was going on about how pointless MySpace was while he was supporting it. I remarked on how many of MySpace's functions could be easily accomplished with other utility's like IM and freeware games, while he went on and thought that some people don't have access to those kind of things. I was perplexed at how stubborn he was in supporting MySpace, like how just about anyone can download an IM program and 90% of all internet games are free.

My point is, just what is the point to MySpace? If it has obsolete forms of communications compared to IM, cell phones and email *coughandSPPfcough*, then why do people still go there? Do you agree or disagree?

EDIT: oh yeah, should probably add the downsides to MySpace like stalkers and sex hounds.

Last edited:

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
Myspace doesn't have a point. It's simply another site to join and make friends.
It's not any better, nor any less then any other site similar to it.. such as Facebook.
Not to mention extremely addictive. I mainly go on Myspace to roleplay with other people..

Earlier this week, me and my brother had an arguement about how ridiculous MySpace was. I was going on about how pointless MySpace was while he was supporting it. I remarked on how many of MySpace's functions could be easily accomplished with other utility's like IM and freeware games, while he went on and thought that some people don't have access to those kind of things. I was perplexed at how stubborn he was in supporting MySpace, like how just about anyone can download an IM program and 90% of all internet games are free.

My point is, just what is the point to MySpace? If it has obsolete forms of communications compared to IM, cell phones and email *coughandSPPfcough*, then why do people still go there? Do you agree or disagree?

EDIT: oh yeah, should probably add the downsides to MySpace like stalkers and sex hounds.[/QUOTE]

1. IM atleast both people dont have to be online at one time

2. Myspace doesnt run up a huge bill

3. email doesnt allow you to put up pictures for all to see and access easily

4. Myspace is used to discuss everything SPPF was set up for the purpose of talking about pokemon (us misc junkies didnt get the memo however)

5. seckshounds and stakers are all over the internet....

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
That too..
You certainly don't use the internet much if you think sex fiends base entirely around Myspace.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
i think myspace is ok
it has helped me
i sometimes get the assignments i forgot to write about from my friends, stay in touch with friends i havent seen since my childhood years(they moved to other parts of the country, cheap to chat online) and have met some new people there and met them face to face(only people my age, no 50 year old pedophile, lol)
but i dont use it as much like some do, its a once in a while thing
we could say the same thing about facebook, youtube, serebii, and so forth

Haxon22

iJerk
Myspace is just another way for friends to communicate. Hence the slogan: "A Place For Friends"

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
That too..
You certainly don't use the internet much if you think sex fiends base entirely around Myspace.
Remind me of how on facebook my friend gets imed by strangers and they ask her if she wants to meet at a hotel. Yeah facebook isn't creepy at all....

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Or how about "MySpace - Inferior to Facebook Unless You Have a Hard On for Emo Bands and Awful Backgrounds"?

Remind me of how on facebook my friend gets imed by strangers and they ask her if she wants to meet at a hotel. Yeah facebook isn't creepy at all....
Tell your friend to not have a public profile. Also, of all the hundreds of people I know with Facebook, not once have I heard of anything like that happening. Sure, it's anecdotyl, but so is your evidence.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Tell your friend to not have a public profile. Also, of all the hundreds of people I know with Facebook, not once have I heard of anything like that happening. Sure, it's anecdotyl, but so is your evidence.
My point is it can happen anywhere. Whether it's facebook or myspace it doesn't change lol.

Ethan

Banned
1. All topics regarding sites like Myspace, facebook, etc are generally really piss poor and not worth anyone elses time.

2. Over ninety percent of the conversation will be debating over whether a forty year old man is going to rape you.

3. As psychologically scarred as I was seeing all of you in the picture thread, I'm not going to risk anyone posting their myspace. God forbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.