• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery At The Lighthouse! (013)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well he was smart since he had many years of experience unlike Ash who was a newbie. ;)

Valid point ha ha. I just meant that Bill being a famous researcher despite being so young impressed me. :)

JudySpell

Banned
Ash captured Krabby and that was awesome and so was Gary's giant one at Oak's lab. Bill having Mewtwo's design on his door was suspicious though. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Huh I didn't even realise that Mewtwo was shown on the lighthouse door. That seems like a continuity mistake tho cuz Mewtwo likely wasn't even created by this time, so he shouldn't have been a known pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In my mind, Masaki's lighthouse served as the spookiest and surreal setting from the early Kanto era. Kairyuu's appearance in the fog was the main reason for that, but the soundtrack was quite unnerving in general. I liked Okido-hakase's short phone call as well, and I thought Crab being captured was perfect.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Interesting how Misty complains all of Ash's Pokemon followed him. Big talk from a girl who would later catch three Pokemon who "followed" her lol. Oh and as goofy as it was seeing the writers try to show off Dragonite as a "mysterious Pokemon", it's even funnier when you account the very next episode mentions Dragonite when Ash scanned Raichu. :x

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Liked this episode. It was cool to see Ash fight Krabby with a nearby stick before tossing a Poke Ball. The scene in which Ash was horrified Prof. Oak was eating his Krabby was hilarious. Interesting thing is this episode actually shows two giant Pokemon, a Krabby and a Dragonite.
7.5/10

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That huge figure that looked like a Dragonite was mysterious and creepy at that same time. Also I laughed when even James thought that messing up someone else's plans this time was going too far lol.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Misty and Brock dancing seemed kind of shippy. :)

I thought that scene was kind of odd. I mean, they were friends and all clearly but I didn't think Brock cared about her much or that he even liked dancing in general. So I thought it was awkward how he asked Misty to dance here. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Liked this episode. It was cool to see Ash fight Krabby with a nearby stick before tossing a Poke Ball.

Lol, I thought him using a stick was hilarious, though I didn't like that Krabby's Poke Ball conveniently teleported to Oak's place. It seemed odd even for this show.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, I thought him using a stick was hilarious, though I didn't like that Krabby's Poke Ball conveniently teleported to Oak's place. It seemed odd even for this show.

I liked how Krabby immediately sliced the stick and I thought that the Poke ball being sent to professor Oak's lab made sense. Technology in the anime has always been super advanced, so I liked that the ball was transported automatically. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was just weird to me how Krabby didn't get sent to Bill's PC like in the games though IMO, considering that we actually saw Bill in this very episode...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was just weird to me how Krabby didn't get sent to Bill's PC like in the games though IMO, considering that we actually saw Bill in this very episode...

Hmmm I guess Bill storing Ash's Krabby could've worked, tho I think that the anime was going in a different direction even in early OS, hence why Oak ended up storing Krabby instead. I loved how we saw Gary's giant Krabby here however hee hee.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, I felt sad for Ash when he saw it; seems like no matter what Ash did in Kanto, he was always one step behind Gary in terms of the Pokemon he captured. :p

I liked that Gary having a bigger Krabby made Ash seem like an underdog however cuz that was their whole relationship back in early OS. And I also liked when Oak's phone call with Ash ended when he had to answer the door to get his pizza ha ha.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
And I also liked when Oak's phone call with Ash ended when he had to answer the door to get his pizza ha ha.

That part was quirky, although Bill's Kabuto costume was the episode's most fascinating moment in my opinion, because this was when Fossil Pokemon were still considered special and rare (unlike these days) and we saw Bill point out their artwork on his walls.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'm surprised that nobody, not Ash or his friends, or Team Rocket, or even Bill, knew that that Pokemon was a Dragonite. I liked Bill's costume, and I'm happy that Ash caught a Krabby here, even though it was pretty much overshadowed later in the episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Interesting thing is this episode actually shows two giant Pokemon, a Krabby and a Dragonite.
7.5/10

Well Shigeru's Crab wasn't giant per se, just larger than Satoshi's for some odd reason that was never clarified. I think we were meant to think that Shigeru's Crab was just stronger.

ZilverLox

Banned
Well Shigeru's Crab wasn't giant per se, just larger than Satoshi's for some odd reason that was never clarified. I think we were meant to think that Shigeru's Crab was just stronger.

Is it sad that I didn't even know it was a Krabby? It was so huge that I thought it was a Kingler.