• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery At The Lighthouse! (013)

Astinus

With Butterfree, it was just a lucky catch. And Satoshi treated the bug so well that it liked him. Pidgeotto was his only true capture, if you think about it. Bulbasaur chose to battle him.

Eh, aside from the other problems with this episode already stated, my other problem with this was that Bill talked a little too much. He grated on my nerves. I'm sorry for saying so. Please don't shoot me.

Eh...just had to get that out.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Ash has his own ways to deal with pokemon lol

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hanako Tabris said:
Eh, aside from the other problems with this episode already stated, my other problem with this was that Bill talked a little too much. He grated on my nerves. I'm sorry for saying so. Please don't shoot me.

Eh...just had to get that out.

Well, it was one of the earliest episodes of the series, so they had to have an explanation somewhere for the basics of pokemon. Somebody had to get the job of explaining the long and dull parts of Pokemon, while getting the more exciting things out of the way first, I guess. I find it interesting how he said back then about only 150 known pokemon, and there's a HUGE wall of pokemon images (though of course only the Kanto ones are visible in closeups).

I did like Bill, though. He just had a charming voice.

JONNO.FRESH

One of the best Kanto episodes imo. Garys Krabby was huge. Dragonite was kool. Didnt like how Bill said it was the only one of its kind. Anyway a good epi

Battra

An interesting episode, I enjoyed seeing the giant Dragonite again. Misty in this episode is mean she can't give Ash a break, of his entire team it's split down the middle on catching and following, Pikachu, Charmander, & Squirtle all decided to follow him, but he caught Butterfree, Pidgeotto, & Bulbasuar so Misty is only half right. Nice seeing Ash catch Krabby without using and of his other Pokemon and using a stick no less, I enjoyed seeing Ashes reaction when his Krabby disappeared on him and then wondering if Oak was cooking it. Bill was interesting to bad they never show him again in the series, i'd like to see what he's up to these days. I was looking at bulbapedia on this episode and the say the giant Dragonite is a reference to Godzilla, I beg to differ this entire episode is more of an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's short story "The Fog Horn" which is about a monster looking for another of its kind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog_Horn

sleepysnorlax

I'm A Magikarp
that poor poor unnaturally big dragonite. but it gets you thinking that the discovery of the other regions, johto, hoenn must have been thought of by the writers quite late into the indigo season because you'd have thought that would have been a great episode to hint towards more series.

sleepysnorlax

I'm A Magikarp
that poor poor unnaturally big dragonite. but it gets you thinking that the discovery of the other regions, johto, hoenn must have been thought of by the writers quite late into the indigo season because you'd have thought that would have been a great episode to hint towards more series. it still annoys my that no one ever notices (in the actual anime) that ash has all the starter pokemon, not even gary has that. and Prof. Oak never mentions it.

What I liked about this episode the most is the way that the animé's version of the 'Box System' is introduced. Having not seen this episode before, it's only taken me about 8 years to go back and find out how it works!
Obviously on hindsight, there are so many holes that we can pick in this episode, like Mewtwo's engraving on the door, Dragonite being 'one of a kind', and the 'over 150' species, when the other regions blatantly have their own histories. Still, I did enjoy watching this episode though, although boo to TR!

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I like this episode. It was kind of weird for someone not to know what a Dragonite was, though.

Weedle_Mchairybug

What I liked about this episode the most is the way that the animé's version of the 'Box System' is introduced. Having not seen this episode before, it's only taken me about 8 years to go back and find out how it works!
Obviously on hindsight, there are so many holes that we can pick in this episode, like Mewtwo's engraving on the door, Dragonite being 'one of a kind', and the 'over 150' species, when the other regions blatantly have their own histories. Still, I did enjoy watching this episode though, although boo to TR!

I'll agree with the Mewtwo thing, but he might not have actually recognized Dragonite (For all he knew, that could have been a new pokemon, which is understandable since, had that been real life, he would have only seen it's eyes, It's sihoulette would not even be made out.).

And about the 150 thing, I think he actually mentioned there being MORE than 150 Pokemon

Bill: On this planet, there are more than 150 species of pokemon
Ash: OVER 150?!

That seemed to imply that, even back then, they stated that there were more species than just 150 pokemon.

In regards to Misty's behavior, well, Ash was kinda asking for it. I mean, he was being a bit of a braggart, so he was kinda deserving of it as well. Besides, Brock did the same thing as Misty (i.e. criticizing Ash's captures). Actually, I'm surprised that no one seemed to mention Brock doing that (In fact, it almost seems that no one noticed that Brock did the same thing as her in that scene).

Also, Another thing that surprised me was that they didn't ban this episode due to Columbine shootings. I mean, Team Rocket was blasting a Dragonite with Bazookas trying to kill it, and the FCC ignored that?! I mean, what was the point of banning the Safari Zone episode (which WASN'T a filler) for gun use, if they couldn't even ban this episode for gun use. It can't be because of it's age in comparison to the Safari episode, since Tentacool and Tentacruel was banned/skipped over due to buildings collapsing (since apparantly, monster wrecking city = world trade center kamikaze attack), and that episode was made 2-3 years BEFORE 9/11 happened.

mifune

A very interesting episode, I loved seeing Dragonite and Ash actually catching a Pokemon. I did like them using the box system, and later on Ash's Krabby would actually play a role in his life.

I liked Ash's reaction to Krabby disappearing. Once again showing that in this point in the story Ash has a lot to learn.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
yes i definatly remember this one, i still have to luagh when i see krabby hanging on ash's finger:p

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I found this entire episode pretty boring. Just Bill explaining things most of the time. Except for the fact that Ash caught a Krabby which made it a good episode. The Dragonite part wasn't even that entertaining.

Last edited:

kemal07

im so happy on how pokemon has advanced :D new eppisodes are so organized and clear, i still like the oldies though

about the Dragonite.

i read a few years ago that the dragonite was actually a mistake because these episodes were the first ones to be aired. if you listen closely the Dragonites cry is the same as Lugia's, i read the dragonite was infact supposed to be Lugia. As Lugia's design wasnt designed at the time. This is what i read dont know if its true but its cry is infact lugia's.

great episode though scary :D

schrik

hysterical fan
i really enjoy that kind of episode, where you learn thing instead of following the journey.

PS : this dragonite is teh biggest ever!

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This wasn't one of the best epsiodes i've seen, i can't believe that none of them knew it was a Dragonite.

And i always thought Mewtwo was a secret, if i remember rightly Bill had a picture of him on his wall chart.

Icefiyre

Banned
This eps. was pretty neat.
Ash catches a Krabby and discovers you can only carry 6 pokemon!
I've noticed that this is also the 1st time Team Rocket never encounters the main cast in an one. It was cool to see a gigantic Dragonite and see that there was actually more then a 150 pokemon.

Littlemyuu

I love this Episode, bill tells there are more than 100 pokemon...maybe even more and more XD
and the part where James dint wanna hurt Dragonite with the Bazooka...need to love that guy =3