• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery At The Lighthouse! (013)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mystery At The Lighthouse!

Disheartened by Brock & Misty saying all Ash's Pokemon just joined him, Ash runs off and catches a Krabby. They find out they are in the middle of nowhere so they go to a Lighthouse where Bill lives. After talking about Pokémon, Bill mentions a large Pokémon that he talks to. Will Bill meet that Pokémon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

H

Hales

I just recently watched this episode and I thought it was really good...

But I found it really disconcerting how Professor Oak compared Ash's goals/victories to Gary... I mean yes Ash did a whole heap of bragging or whatever you call it, but I always believed it to be one of insecurities, Ash doesn't have much confidence in himself deep down, so that's why he tried to act real tough...

M

meggirl63

I thought this was a good episode, though I knew all along that the 'big Pokemon' was Dragonite.

H

Hales

Yeah me too, Dragonite looked so sweet in the shadowy way it, and I love how it attacked TR!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
My first episode... I hated so much that Dragonite's unshadowed debut was as Mewtwo's postboy. I loved the Orange Islands ep though.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
ChaosMage said:
My first episode... I hated so much that Dragonite's unshadowed debut was as Mewtwo's postboy. I loved the Orange Islands ep though.
You mean this was the first episode you've ever seen? It's my first episode. I remember seeing Team Rocket for the first time...

I don't really remember, but back then I probably had no idea about the irregularity in Dragonite's size.

C

Cyclops

I loved this episode! Dragonite was so cute...

But I noticed one MAJOR flaw that I'm thinkin of making a thread about.

So do you all agree that Bill met Dragonite, yes? And he says "it's the only one of it's kind...". Surely if Dragonite was well known and people had them then he'd have known what he was seeing, correct? Or was it just that Dragonite wasn't discovered, like all the Johto and Hoenn pokémon?

(this is actually going somewhere)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Oh, I loved this ep! Bill was so cute. :3 He really needs to make another appearance, maybe with Celio? :3

<3 <3...wait....you do have a point, Creeper. :0 *is a dork for JUST noticing your post* XD

Monk76

Student of Life
Creeper said:
I loved this episode! Dragonite was so cute...

But I noticed one MAJOR flaw that I'm thinkin of making a thread about.

So do you all agree that Bill met Dragonite, yes? And he says "it's the only one of it's kind...". Surely if Dragonite was well known and people had them then he'd have known what he was seeing, correct? Or was it just that Dragonite wasn't discovered, like all the Johto and Hoenn pokémon?

(this is actually going somewhere)

I think he may have been speaking of how BIG it was. That dragonite was huge!

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Yeah, there is something up with that Dragonite.
I seemed kind of violent when TR just shot Dragonite with their bazookas.

Why did Bill have a Mewtwo on his wall (or was it on his door?)? Why does he know about TR's little project. He really is in the know.

I liked how Krabby cut up Ash's stick. I also like the scene with Ash's first six Pokemon.

A decent episode, we get to learn about only having six Pokemon at a time.

8.3/10

Heh, Ash's reaction to having Krabby disappear was great, as well as how Oak might be cooking him XD. Brock and Misty dancing was rather odd(I'm gonna start a new shipping here*Gymleader Shipping!1!11!111111!!!!*), as was Dragonite's size. An explanation for that mutation would be great, but I doubt anything of the sort shall happen. And, this is one of the episodes where James shows his decent side. I love eppies like that.

Overall rating:
8.6 out of 10!!
A Hoenn-class filler, IMO. Too bad the rest of Kanto is not as pleasant......

SC~ out

P

PWDDragon

I never understood the mystery pokemon. Is it a dragonite? Dragonite isn't suppose to be that big. I always thought that there would be another episode about it
i dunno
still waitin

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
PWDDragon said:
I never understood the mystery pokemon. Is it a dragonite? Dragonite isn't suppose to be that big.
We've seen several Pokemon that are bigger than they're supposed to be. The giant Onix in the Bruno ep, the giant Tentacruel in "Tentacool and Tentacruel", the giant Alakazam, Jigglypuff, & Gengar in "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis", the [SPOIL]huge Claydol in "Seal the Huge Claydol!"[/SPOIL] , etc. The Dragonite was simply the first giant Pokemon we've seen.

EDIT:WTH? The spoiler tags didn't work...why are the tags so picky about whether you type in caps or not?

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Not a bad episode, but there were a few things that bugged me - namely, the Mewtwo image on Bill's wall, the size of the Dragonite, and the fact that Jessie and James claim to be afraid of heights in this episode, yet they have no problem traveling by hot air balloon. Seemed a little weird to me.

Batdude

Old school
God bless Toonami. I got to see two of my favourite eps again today, including this one...

Dragonie was such a cutie in this ep. It was moments like this (like when I had no idea what a Dragonite was) that made the animé for me. Like back when I was ten or whatever I hadn't a breeze what a Dragonite looked like, since the games weren't available yet. And there was just such an air of mystery back then. Granted, the whole Mewtwo on his door was a bit of a slip, but they probably hadn't planned the movie at this stage anyway.

I also really liked the character of Bill. I thought his voice was superb (we never hear it again like, we rarely get that kind of unique voice) and just everything he said made me nod my head! James proved himself a decent human being here, while my Jessie is as heartless as ever. Will Bill make Dragonite pay for the lighthouse since he smashed it up? =D

It would be something to catch that Dragonite. Just imagine it... And it's song was cute as heck. I just love that lil' guy! Well ok, maybe not TOO little...

Oh, and the intro of Krabby! What a champ. It also made me think of something... Ash's Krabby was less than half the size of Gary's, right? does that mean that when it evolves Gary's Kingler would be twice the size of Ash's? Imagine THAT crabhammer attack. Or guillotine for that matter.

EDIT: I also thought it was funny the way the cloud at the end of the episode was shaped like a Dragonite. Very cheeky.

Last edited:

Team Rocket Admin

I just thought of something maybe that giant Dragonite, was like a Pokemonopolis Pokemon like Gengar, Alakazam, and Jigglypuff were? That would at least explain the size.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Yikes, I'm really glad they changed the format of the show after this. The recaps were getting annoying, even if they were good for people tuning into the show for the first time. At least later recaps were just limited to two- and three-parters after this. :p I'm also glad that this is one last episode where basically nothing happens, and the episode just ends with a thud. I don't mean it's like later fillers, it's just the episode has no real plot, no action, no crisis of the day, no nothing. Ash catches Krabby, they learn a bit more about pokemon (and Bill's at 140 pokemon off and counting). Overall, not a great episode for me.

STJ

meh..^_^'
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Heh, Ash's reaction to having Krabby disappear was great, as well as how Oak might be cooking him XD. Brock and Misty dancing was rather odd(I'm gonna start a new shipping here*Gymleader Shipping!1!11!111111!!!!*), as was Dragonite's size. An explanation for that mutation would be great, but I doubt anything of the sort shall happen. And, this is one of the episodes where James shows his decent side. I love eppies like that.

Overall rating:
8.6 out of 10!!
A Hoenn-class filler, IMO. Too bad the rest of Kanto is not as pleasant......

SC~ out

Lol, Mist/Brock ihas been known as Gymshipping for quite some time now, but you were very close

I have the dancing in my sig! :D

Anyways, the was pretty decent I guess

LuciRuki

Born This Way
i found that this ep was very odd... just the background and music. it ended up being a little freaky with the fog and this 'monster'. Not one of my favourite. 5/10
*edit* sorry for replying so late.... plz dont get me in trouble :p

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I don't get it. Misty claimed that all the pokemon followed him, but he started with Pikachu and caught Butterfree, Pidgeotto and Bulbasaur properly, while Squirtle and Charmander just joined him. Lousy lines from Misty might I add.