1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Shining Mew, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Talk about glitches you've found in the MD games!

2. Tropios

Tropios ':o Me is stinky??'

well i dunno if this counts but if you walk against the side of some objects, your pokes head will be above it while its suposed to be bigger than your poke

3. Johto-Master

Johto-Master Active Member

in red rescue team, i used a wondermail generator, and then on the only thing that appeared in tinywoods was dragonites...

4. LadyCharizard

LadyCharizard ~Rawr~

This one I found is...weird, if you will. I'm not even sure if this counts as a glitch, but here's what I found.

I was to retrieve a Calcium from a Stunky in the Sky Stairway for a Blissey. At the 47th floor, I encountered the Stunky. After my Charizard partner, Hanaela, defeated the Stunky, it exploded with its Aftermath. The Calcium was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't said that I cleared the mission. So I went through the rest of the Sky Stairway and ended my day. After waking up at the Sharpedo Bluff, I thought I could take the job again, but the job disappeared from my job list, as if I cleared it! But I didn't...

I actually found that job on the Outlaw Notice Board, I didn't use a Wondermail code to get it.

EDIT: This was from my Explorers of Time game, by the way ^^;

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  5. toge5556

toge5556 Like a cosmic condom

i can walk through walls! no action replay needed!

6. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

What pokemon are you using in the dungeon? Because some pokemon can walk through walls.

7. Hitaka

Hitaka Phoenix

Aftermath, along with Selfdestruct and Explosion (and their trap versions) destroy items caught in the blast. So the Calcium got blown up. The only way to beat that mission would be to not set Aftermath off.

8. Shuam

Shuam righteous

And to do this, you need to bring a Pokemon with Damp as an ability, such as Quagsire.

Anyways, this isn't really a glitch as much as it was poor placement. I stepped on a whirlwind trap thing, and got blown between two non-connected walls, and got stuck there, and had to turn off my DS to not lose the good items I had :[

In an image..
    http://i38.*******.com/2mi43nk.png
    sad

9. Yaragorm

Yaragorm Cosmic Energy FTW

In Explorers of Sky, I can only evolve my player and partner for some reason. If I try anyone else, the game freezes...

10. kenluv

kenluv Active Member

not a cheat but everyone knows that the partner and main pokemon will evolve IF YOU GET Palkia

11. Zaira Wolfe

Zaira Wolfe Eevee Trainer

I also have a similar problem, except I already knew that i could not evolve my two main characters until later. The glitch that i am experiencing is that I cannot evolve a female Nidoran with out freezing the game. I tried evolving my Caterpie, and it worked, so I can evolve some pokemon. I'm going to do a little more research as to whether or not there are more types of Pokemon that trigger this glitch, and try to post additional information here to help others avoid this glitch if they should encounter it.

12. Eeveefreak

Eeveefreak Well-Known Member

Actually, in Sky, this is untrue. I have evolved my partner, and could evolve my starter if I wanted to (stupid Moss Rock), and I still don't have Palkia recruited, nor Dialga.

On the evolution glitch...I haven't encountered it myself, so I can't say if it works or not, but I do recall reading elsewhere where someone said that if they put the pokemon they were having issue evolving into their team before trying to evolve it, it fixed the glitch and they were able to evolve it. No idea on the veracity, but it can't hurt to try and such. Good luck.

13. Armored Zangoose

Armored Zangoose Well-Known Member

You doun't need to get Dialga or Palkia, you just need to beat Darkrai at Dark Crater.

14. Foxeaf

Foxeaf aaa

Yikes. That is sad. Dx Funny how there are so many situations where the only solution is to turn off the game without saving...
    Now, imagine you accidentally saved? :U

I found this reeeaally wierd glitch in PMD Blue Rescue Team. I was in Lapis cave and I bumped into something quite..unusual. It was a purple Golbat mixed with an Ekans. I've never hacked (I don't like hacks >_>; ) or used any form of replay or whatever. The sprite kept switching between them both. O;O
    I decided to defeat the wierd thing, and then it said the "Ekans wants to join your team!" sorta line. I said no and it disappeared. I haven't seen one like that since... And now I regret saying no. XD

15. Ysavvryl

Ysavvryl Pokedex Researcher

I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.

16. Armored Zangoose

Armored Zangoose Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was a glitch or not-
    I had a Challenge Letter from Mewtwo in Sky Stairway, then found the hidden stairs. I didn't realize next floor was when I was supposed to fight Mewtwo.

I ended up fighting him inside the Secret Bazaar.

17. Murton

Murton Once you were lost.

Kecleon wanted to kill you, because, for some reason, if anyone hurts him, he will attack YOU!

18. serebiifreak

serebiifreak ...BRING IT!!!

This is actually natural.
    Things you need:
    1. An enemy pokemon
    2. A kecleon
    3. This is optional a pass scarf. (Makes it a bit easier.)
    4. If using a pass scarf don't bring partners.

Now stand next to the Kecleon.
    When an enemy approaches equip the pass scarf.
    When the enemy attacks you, you spin around and pass the damage on.
    If it passes it to Kecleon, Kecleon will start following you, but first defeat the enemy.

Note: DO NOT try to rob his/her store he will attack you.!

19. Palamon

Palamon Sovereign of Asunder

I think this happened to me once, my partner, Vulpix, was asleep, and I could switch places with it.

20. Prinplup

Prinplup Super, super =D

Really? Cuz that is just awesome.