• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

talala

come on guys, is anyone gonna answer my question? i cant start a new thread about this stuff cause i keep getting yelled at for making random threads when i ask about this

i don't see anything you posted in the form of a question besides this post :|

hey man theres a wondermail generator thread that lets u just create any job u want u can find it here

thats for darkness/time, his codes are obviously codes for sky, just look at them, they're too big for d/t

who thinks there should be a helpfull wonder mail thread? (ive got some here i want 2 share)
2YH44 HY3NWFT HRX55
N&HK0 C—9MF8 T2QPW

2YH44 HX3NWFT H2X55
N&HK@ C839T&N KM-PW

Q7SS9 =%PJN8W -R=71
FS7#+ PQ=8K%= 8M6W@

KQ7T8 2MK1C8F N7TH
J0H&&9Y+NNK= 0QQKM

455P5S58K93C7C
1XF1QX6P0+WC57@3

M-RNHSCM#351TWFKT
Q7JP#K9J&=XW&4=&W

K2X8NN%#J78Y8%63N
S-QCC=P+7W4J2R-Q+

HHK0@ WNRX2+N Q64C1
&XFK& =@SNX10 N&4J-

HHK0@ WNRX2+N Q64C1
&XFK& =@SNX10 N&4J-

&442R 4&MS#K% =H@=Y
M+0WH Q=M9H+# YP@H3

=9#MS WS1NTXY 6&@K2
W@NC+ Q1%-=85 S1+65

quit spamming this message in different threads and look at every title before you spam your stupidity everywhere so everyone in the mystery dungeon forum can see it

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
okay, this ones in the original ones. you know the GBA and stuff.
anyways, i was in that place where you have to go fight Latios, to get the TMs back, and i fought a Hoppip, and or Wingull, and it like transformed into either one (Wingull=Hoppip)
(Hoppip=Wingull)
it was weird and it only happened once, so whatever. i don't look for glitches, so i was kinda startled, granted i was like 8 or 9 years old... but whatever.
oh and i don't cheat or use cheating devices either :p

Blaze of Darkness

Here's what happened with me in PMD blue rescue team long ago:
I was in the desert region, and when I walked into a room, there was a trapinch and an electrike side by side, only I couldn't tell which was which since there was an orange electrike and a green trapinch and then a change to an orange trapinch and a green electrike. Halfway into their animations they changed into the other pokemon but kept their own color. I know for sure that was a glitch. What else could it be? (At first I wondered if I had found a shiny.)

Blaze of Darkness

okay, this ones in the original ones. you know the GBA and stuff.
anyways, i was in that place where you have to go fight Latios, to get the TMs back, and i fought a Hoppip, and or Wingull, and it like transformed into either one (Wingull=Hoppip)
(Hoppip=Wingull)
it was weird and it only happened once, so whatever. i don't look for glitches, so i was kinda startled, granted i was like 8 or 9 years old... but whatever.
oh and i don't cheat or use cheating devices either :p
Very similar to what happened to me above.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
i don't see anything you posted in the form of a question besides this post :|

thats for darkness/time, his codes are obviously codes for sky, just look at them, they're too big for d/t

quit spamming this message in different threads and look at every title before you spam your stupidity everywhere so everyone in the mystery dungeon forum can see it

okay. if you would just look back one page, here is my question (copied and pasted):

okay, well i have a really annoying glitch that occurs all the time when i play EoT. anytime i am fighting a pokemon like magby (pokemon that have abilities like flame body, static, poison point, etc.), and my lucario uses dark pulse, there is a chance that it will sustain a burn, even though no actual physical contact was made. someone told me this is because it will happen if you are standing right next to the target, but it also happened to me later on when i used aura sphere from ten squares away.

...and im sick and tired of people accusing me of spamming in random threads. i just have a question that i want answered, and they keep telling me to post in the help thread for mystery dungeon, but there is none. since i thought that this was a glitch, i only thought that it would be appropriate to put this in the glitch thread.

talala

okay. if you would just look back one page, here is my question (copied and pasted):

okay, well i have a really annoying glitch that occurs all the time when i play EoT. anytime i am fighting a pokemon like magby (pokemon that have abilities like flame body, static, poison point, etc.), and my lucario uses dark pulse, there is a chance that it will sustain a burn, even though no actual physical contact was made. someone told me this is because it will happen if you are standing right next to the target, but it also happened to me later on when i used aura sphere from ten squares away.

...and im sick and tired of people accusing me of spamming in random threads. i just have a question that i want answered, and they keep telling me to post in the help thread for mystery dungeon, but there is none. since i thought that this was a glitch, i only thought that it would be appropriate to put this in the glitch thread.

its called "THIS GAME IS SO HARD ;O; - PMD [All Versions] Help Thread"

also, reread what you post before you actually post it, that isn't a question, its a paragraph with no questions in it...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
okay. question about the whole "10 letter nickname=game freeze"...
what the hell people? is it gonna happen if i get the game like tomorrow?
lemme know!

talala

lemme know!

yes it is

don't give your pokemon nicknames, its a game, no one will give a flying fu what you name your shit

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
don't give your pokemon nicknames, its a game, no one will give a flying fu what you name your shit

ahh, but I myself mind what my pokemon are named. It's for self-satisfaction, not for others to see. I mean, who but me cares that my pokemon are named after my two darlings??

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
yes it is

wow, you're an a**. just an observation.
and i do giva a crap about my teams nickname, so like thanks for nothing.
i'll just shorten the names, granted that i don't have 10 letter names. but whatever. and i don't care if it's a game, a-hole, i like nicknames, it's easy for distinguishing, i mean what, like i care about critics.
but i'll just have to be careful with the names, i just had to make sure.
and i'm not saying thanks.
ahh, but I myself mind what my pokemon are named. It's for self-satisfaction, not for others to see. I mean, who but me cares that my pokemon are named after my two darlings??

i get what you're saying, i go for names that fit in with the Pokemon, or like Japanese games, they're awesome.

Viiinc

yes it is

For some Pokemon it doesn't work, even with their real names. E.g. C-h-a-r-m-a-n-d-e-r. That's 10 letters, so it won't evolve (checked it myself).
And I like giving my team members appropriate nicknames, but that's just my oppinion.

talala

wow, you're an a**. just an observation.
and i do giva a crap about my teams nickname, so like thanks for nothing.
i'll just shorten the names, granted that i don't have 10 letter names. but whatever. and i don't care if it's a game, a-hole, i like nicknames, it's easy for distinguishing, i mean what, like i care about critics.
but i'll just have to be careful with the names, i just had to make sure.
and i'm not saying thanks.

thanks.

if you didn't care you wouldn't reply like this

you just did

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
oh well. get over it.
and i never did say i don't care on the whole matter, just on the game part. the nickname thingy, i'll just have to live with it i guess. *shrugs*
read it again.

and your welcome, happy to call you something insulting. :D
EDIT:also... i read on the second page about the person and their pokemon nicknamed "NinjaNinja", and how it evolved, and how they guessed it was fixed in newer games... so it isn't in the newer ones? hmm... lemme know please.

Last edited:

talala

well, surprisingly i'm posting a real glitch here, i got a mission on the board to go to southeastern islands and i don't have the place yet, didn't tell me i wasn't ready for the mission either :O

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
For some Pokemon it doesn't work, even with their real names. E.g. C-h-a-r-m-a-n-d-e-r. That's 10 letters, so it won't evolve (checked it myself).

=\ I had the exact same problem with Charmeleon (whose name also has 10 letters). I tried evolving one awhile ago, and my game froze completely.

So... if a Pokemon is nicknamed or not, as long as the name has 10 characters, does this mean the game will freeze? I thought this was a glitch in all the Sky versions... but apparently, there's some sort of loop-hole or way of getting around it, referencing from this:

EDIT:also... i read on the second page about the person and their pokemon nicknamed "NinjaNinja", and how it evolved, and how they guessed it was fixed in newer games... so it isn't in the newer ones? hmm... lemme know please.

Oh, dear. I'm a little confused now.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Nope, there's no truth to the glitch. I just tested it on a Meditite I named Medititeaa. It evolved. I didn't save though. Is that when the game starts to freeze?

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
Nope, there's no truth to the glitch. I just tested it on a Meditite I named Medititeaa. It evolved. I didn't save though. Is that when the game starts to freeze?

Hmm. I just tried that same Charmeleon a second time. And my game froze.
It's right after The Voice says "Which Pokemon seeks an evolution?" I clicked on Charmeleon, then clicked "Evolve" and the game freezes.
So it's before the Pokemon you select walks into the Springs and is able to evolve.

I'm think I'm going to test this further on my Sky game.
I'll start recruiting 1st stage Pokemon and just nicknaming them with 10 letters--then see if they evolve.

Prof. 9

Are you playing the European version of the game? The glitch is fixed in that version.

(I also replied to your GFAQs thread about this)

swampertlover5712 said:
lemme know!
Not if you got the European version. If you got the US version, you can use an AR code to fix the glitch (though you'll have to turn it on each time you want to evolve a 10-character-nickname Pokémon).

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
I remember once, I was battling an Charmander in Miracle Sea. Not an outlaw or a teamate or a client. Just a charmander which was real tough, and battered my Espeon level 51 using thunder. I beat it, and It asked whether it could join my team. I accepted, and I named it Invinca (Short for Invincability,) it got sent to the guild, next day (on the game), I went to go put Invinca in my team, and It wasn't there. A number 004 Seadra was there, in it's place, under the name Invinca, with Thunder as one of it's attacks. I was so freaked out I turned the game off, turned it back on, and there was no Invinca what so ever. Any ideas? And I know that It wasn't just a dream, cause my brother saw as well. And I still got the reward for the mission I did in Miracle Sea 4 floors earlier.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Are you playing the European version of the game? The glitch is fixed in that version.

No, I got it on my birthday, October 21, at GameStop, using the gift card my sister gave me. And it's the US version, to boot. Maybe I just got lucky?

EDIT: Rank up! That's just super!