• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but when you attack/take damage/defeat a pokemon and you press R right after that, the pokemon will keep flashing, like it does before it joins you. (i'm not sure if this happens with L)

Glitches

I don't think this is a glitch but when you try to recruit a high level recruitment rate pokemon (EX: Swinub, Piplup, MUDKIP) when you have a o.5 chance of recruiting kekleon (AKA. You are lv.100, guildmaster rank, have golden mask and fast friend IQ) the recruitment rate seems to go negative? Because when I try to recruit a roaming legend (I WILL CATCH U DARKRAI) all pokemon never say I wanna join u! except pokemon with a negative recruitment rate *cough* kekleon *cough* Glitch?

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
ive had 2 glithes both with wild machoke. the first time i defeated it it flashed like 5 seconds before dissapearing. the second time he was defeated with heat wave. it showed the damage but it took like 3 seconds for him to start flashing then dissapearing even though they were both OHKO

shadi1

i was playing red rescue team recruited every legend but mew regis celebi and jarachi i want to go to wish cave and purity forest i followed the instructions and i still didnt see ekans and medicham talking near wishcash pond my ranking is gold btw

In Blue Rescue Team, I encountered a myriad of (mostly minor) glitches, these are the ones I found most interesting:

After finishing a dungeon because I fainted from trying to steal from a Kelceon shop; in the town I had a yellow shadow as if I was still in a dungeon, instead of the normal black shadow.

I was able to recruit Raquasa the first time I encountered him (during the story) and then again after the story; so I have two Raquasa's in my party, and they have the exact same walking pattern in their habitat so they always overlap and the only way to see two at a time is to make one the party leader and go back to the habitat.

Several times I have used different orbs when nothing happens at all.

Skitty1CatzRule

??? Aspiring author?
I was playing Darkness and randomly walked into beach cave. The very first two pokemon that I see is a pink Phanphy and a red kabuto. I was not sure what happened to my game, but they kept flashing back & forth between the abnormal colors and regular. Until I killed the phanphy.

Another time, I was in The final maze. I met Jirachi, killed it, the went towards the stairs. Just as I reached the stairs another jirachi WALKED INTO THE ROOM. Isn't there supposed to be only one jirachi per visit?

Black The Zekrom

Deep Black Pokèmon
In RRT, I did a fun Easter egg. I finnished the Mt. Freeze part and gave the Mankeys 3 Chestnuts in one day. After that, in the job bulliten, I could get Smergle from Howling Forest. It was so easy! And that Easter egg was true, but that is not a bad glitch, so I call good glitches "Easter eggs".

Machchamp

I sometimes have a long lasting graphical problem wich makes the clouds that passaes by when your in town has big grey boxes attached to them

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
nothing like this ever happend to me lol XD

Airride_Master

Whenever I use My L-Move to defeat a pokemon On time, If I hold the button, the pokemon always wants to join me o_O

Jerry Han

Death is upon you
in explorers red, i was a the shrine place with the regis, and i saw a purple hypno! when i killed it, it turned into a blue ditto and i recruited it, but a the habitat, it was just a regular ditto, not blue. WATS GOING ONNNNNNNN?

This one I found is...weird, if you will. I'm not even sure if this counts as a glitch, but here's what I found.

I was to retrieve a Calcium from a Stunky in the Sky Stairway for a Blissey. At the 47th floor, I encountered the Stunky. After my Charizard partner, Hanaela, defeated the Stunky, it exploded with its Aftermath. The Calcium was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't said that I cleared the mission. So I went through the rest of the Sky Stairway and ended my day. After waking up at the Sharpedo Bluff, I thought I could take the job again, but the job disappeared from my job list, as if I cleared it! But I didn't...

I actually found that job on the Outlaw Notice Board, I didn't use a Wondermail code to get it.

EDIT: This was from my Explorers of Time game, by the way ^^;

that isn't a glitch, stunky's aftermath destroyed the calcium because it was in the blast zone. you could have tried using thief or covet when you're not holding an item

Sir Spacebar

Time to change fate!
And to do this, you need to bring a Pokemon with Damp as an ability, such as Quagsire.

Anyways, this isn't really a glitch as much as it was poor placement. I stepped on a whirlwind trap thing, and got blown between two non-connected walls, and got stuck there, and had to turn off my DS to not lose the good items I had :[

In an image..
http://i38.*******.com/2mi43nk.png
sad

I had the same glitch but then when i was stuck i could walk through walls but not go back in the dungeon

Cyndacute12

Psychic Master
once somehow, i found a dungeon called for the dojo, and one called marvelous sea with only shuppets.

SuperTails129

A Cool, Smart Flygon
My glitch

I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.

Well it isnt actually some kind of glitch. Kecleon "Acts" like a team member at the current floor but disappears in the next floor.

I dont actually call this a glitch but everytime I defeat a pokemon with a move with the button combination L+A, and the pokemon is defeated and i still have L pressed, it keeps repeating the blinking death animation but when i released the L button, its back to normal.

Blaze of Darkness

I had a weird glitch on blue rescue team where a trapinch and an electrike were standing next to each other. Every second, the trapinch would turn into a brown electrike and the electrike into a green trapinch. It was awesome, but I had to kill them.

Lmao! Guys! I found a glitch you can actually perform! When you KO an enemy, hold R and Down + Left during the move animation. Everything will sort of "freeze" (If the foe faints, the foe keeps flashing or if the foe took damage, the game won't play the hurt animation) until you let go. But:

1) Happened in Sky. Not sure if works with other versions
2) Does not work all the time. Works more often when you are facing left or down left

EDIT:
I think the buttons you hold depend on where you are facing. If you are facing left, hold R and Left. If you are facing northwest, you have to hold R and Up + Left. Again, does not work all the time.

Last edited: