1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery on a Deserted Island! (796)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Janovy

Janovy Banned

He was hit by Ninetales' Hidden Power, though no serious damage was done.

2. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Yup like I said they were in a mountain, Charizard Dragon Tailed it down the mountain into a forest.

3. Charizard-Fan

Charizard-Fan Star Wars fan

Fair enough, that's fine with me.

4. Lucas MV

Lucas MV Well-Known Member

I was talking about the actual ending. Those Eeve girls replacing the old characters holding hands xD

5. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

If you count this as a 'major' appearance, then you should also count that Ninetales that had an episode solely focused about it, it's 'Kyuubi'ness, and the story was related to being ditched by its former owner, some hundred years ago. It was a Brock episode, so I don't think people care to remember, but Ninetales had a focus episode. Who the f is Zane?

What's wrong with this fanbase? It's a wild Ninetales, it spammed Flamethrower and Hidden Power, and suddenly the majority here is all ecstatic because Charizard has won a battle. I repeat, WILD NINETALES. Pignite beat a wild Shiftry, and Snivy beat a wild Mismagius - And you don't see me jumping for joy. It's a wild Ninetales, get real people (read Eevee-Silveon, Lucario at Service, Royal Qeca, Lucas MV, Charizard-Fan, though I guess the latter can be excused). Charizard has still done zero of note in his cameo appearance. Twenty episodes already, and NOTHING to show for.

I Just can't believe how desperate people are grasping for straws here.. "Charizard really owned that Ninetales".. If that Ninetales was a trained pokemon, then yeah, sure, finally something we can attribute to Charizard, but really all it has done in its return is an unfinished battle against Iris' Dragonite. Stop overtly glorifying something that's barely a feat.

SNIVY REALLY OWNED THAT MISMAGIUS, FINALLY A WIN FOR SNIVY! SNIVY SNIVY SNIVY!!! <- See how ridiculous this looks? "Charizard avoided all attacks" - Not true, and who cares.. Charizard fell into a volcano once and didn't get hurt.. I doubt a Flamethrower by a wild Ninetales was going to do anything regardless.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. Pepsi_Plunge

Haha oh lol that just the ending I hate it but I have to live with it, what I meant was TR :p but I guess the hate and have to live with it also applies here.

7. Charizard-Fan

Charizard-Fan Star Wars fan

Sorry if my post annoyed you, but you don't need to get so mad for people being happy for Charizard winning something. I know wild Ninetales is not that huge victory, but it's still better than nothing. I thought Charizard might not get any win at all in BW, so I'm really glad it did get one, even if it wasn't that big. Also, there are some strong wild Pokemon.

8. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Locormus, given the fact that we had some people who spent the week making a big deal out of Charizard getting hurt in the preview, and leading to some others wanting Charizard to get beaten by this wild Ninetales (for odd reasons) , You can not blame people's reactions for the outcome of that particular fight because it was brought up so much on all accounts.

We didn't know who was going to battle the rest of the pokemon so yeah while it kicks butt to see the others step up, it still wasn't as hyped as the fight between Charizard and Ninetales was.

Ninetales getting knocked away by Dragon Tail, kinda had a feeling Charizard would do that.

Edit: wait a sec, have the Shiny and Dawn Stones been shown in the anime up till now? Gotta admit they look pretty cool.

9. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Okay-ish episode. I still don't know why we couldn't have had a Pikachu and Thudnerstone close call moment or Cilan getting a Leaf Stone for future use.

10. Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994 Well-Known Member

11. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

Going off the pics it looks like one of the better DA! episodes. But soooo much hidden power!!! They really need to stop using that move for a while in the anime. Next weeks looks good too. Alexa your turning things around lol.

12. Pepsi_Plunge

They just need to change the pokemon and use Hidden power stock footage thats why its used all the time.

13. SceptileTheBanana

SceptileTheBanana DRAGON TAIL!

14. NPT

NPT Just a member

Oh thank goodness Charizard didn't lose, He totally owned that Ninetails with Slash and Dragon tail It made me happy to see him getting a win after so long.
    It sucks that Ash and co. didn't got any evolution stone at the end, but Charizard's winning made up for it.

15. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

Great episode and I'm happy Charizard won. :D

16. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Decent episode. Charizard pwned a wild Ninetales. Well I guess that's alright, it's not like it was a grand accomplishment but anything is better then nothing.

17. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

All the old pokemon were nice...I like honchkrow...too bad he didn't get to battle...

18. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I wonder if the golden swanna in TR's fantasy is a nod to the "Golden Goose" if anyone even knows what i'm getting at.

Still, I think it's awesome we finally got to see the Shiny and Dawn stones in the anime, we've never seen them before.

19. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Wait the treasure was just some fancy rocks? I at least expected piles of gold.

20. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

One positive thing about this episode, it had good animation :)