• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mystery Person

Claudius Darling

The weird one
Who exactly is the child at the end of the G/S/C arc? The one that Prof. Oak hands a Pokedex to and asks his name.

shiny gardevior

What lies beyond?
the child is emerald.

brelili

Call me Bri.
No, that's at the end of Ruby and Sapphire, and you don't see him getting it. It's possible that that meeting is non-canonical, since there's no other known Pokedex holder in Johto.
The figure's identity is unknown, though I assume it's your character in G/S.

*shrugs*
No idea.
But it might just have been there for no reason other than to give the G/S/C arc a better ending.

Nuriko55020

Dharc The Incubus
It can't be Emerald because Wally had the pokedex that Emerald suppost to recieve in RS.

brelili

Call me Bri.
.... Ruby got his Pokedex when he, by accident, took Birch's. He meant to borrow it for a few minutes, but got seperated before he could return it.

RagTag

Shroomin'
maybe it was Sapphires'

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Maybe it was A random unknown person or your G/S character
Bolded: Not possible.

They were probably just paying homage to the introduction of the video games, more than anything (notice how Ookido-hakase overslept? Same thing your character did at the beginning of the G/S/C games), as a wink to the readers (as in, talking directly to us in real life).

Last edited:

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
I think it was foreshadowing the next series, and the writers wanted to imply it was Ruby, but didn't carry that element over to R/S.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I think it was foreshadowing the next series, and the writers wanted to imply it was Ruby, but didn't carry that element over to R/S.
If that was the case, that was careless. Because the end of the G/S/C saga was in the SAME chapter as the beginning of the R/S saga. I doubt they'd drop an idea that fast (this is Hidenori Kusaka, not the anime writers, people!).

Also, I don't think he was stupid enough to think that the Pokemon Zukan would have the same design as the one in Jouto. =/

Last edited:

Nuriko55020

Dharc The Incubus
Some reason doesn't Emerald have the same pokedex that Prof.Oak gave to the child?