• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythbusters( Discvory show)

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
The show when they were looking into myths about the trucks was scary. The way the busted up tire took-off the dummy's head was so freaky. However, the drafting one is quite useful.

redpanda

Hmm, Mythbusters is probably one of my favorite shows. I recently saw one where they proved bamboo could be used as a torture device by having it grow right through a person while they were alive. The bamboo grew right through the ballistics gel dummy! o_O Disgusting yet amazing in my opinion.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Yeah, the bamboo thing last night was cool, but creepy at the same time. Bamboo is some tough stuff.

As for me, count me in with the group that loves explosions. I'm always entertained whenever they make their way to the bomb range or (for big explosions) the quarry. As the mustachioed host once said, "Jamie want big boom."

Cobalt_Latios

Yeah, the bamboo thing last night was cool, but creepy at the same time. Bamboo is some tough stuff.

As for me, count me in with the group that loves explosions. I'm always entertained whenever they make their way to the bomb range or (for big explosions) the quarry. As the mustachioed host once said, "Jamie want big boom."
Or, if the myth could involve explosives, even if they don't get one, they'll still do whatever it takes to actually get what they wanted to see.

~C_L~

Lunagel

TEAM CROAGUNK FTW!
Explosiony one? Smash Lab, probably. I haven't even seen it.

Heh... That pigs in a corvette one was the first one I saw. Its pretty hard to think of favorite one, but I have some moments. I always love when things don't go as planned. Like in that Batman episode or w/e, The "three stooges" were trying out the (oh god I don't know what its called) the launcher thing that would shoot out of the side of the car. They didn't really have it held down to anything and it went blasting into the back of the room!

I loved everything about that bull episode. I kept wondering if the bull would just change its mind and just gore up Tory.

P.S. I'm watching it right now, lol.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Mythbusters at Youtube Live video? They made an enormous paint ball gun, dressed Jaime up in armour, and fired it at him. The blast had so many paintballs that it was like a spray. Though they didn't test any myths, it was pretty cool.

Cyan

Mortal
They were trying to see what can bypass various security devices tonight. Motion sensor, heat sensor, and the thumb scanner.

I want the yellow rug suit they used.

PsychicPsycho

I want the yellow rug suit they used.
It reminded me of a giant baby chicken. I can't believe they got past the sensor with it.

Recently I watched the Mythbusters Christmas Special at school. Adam and Jaime made a long and elaborate set of devices that would trigger the next one (they weren't testing any myths) while the rest of the team tested to see what the best method was in preserving a Christmas Tree. Turns out that Hairspray worked the best (of the methods they used anyways).

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Yeah, the Christmas special is fun. Especially the whole Rube Goldberg thing that sent Buster falling out of his chair.

I still have a hard time comprehending their ability to blow so much crap up with so much explosives and not get in trouble. Rather, they actually have the FBI helping them with some of those myths.

Yeah, the Christmas special is fun. Especially the whole Rube Goldberg thing that sent Buster falling out of his chair.

I still have a hard time comprehending their ability to blow so much crap up with so much explosives and not get in trouble. Rather, they actually have the FBI helping them with some of those myths.

Rube Goldberg.
Thank-you. You have no idea how long I've been trying to think of that name.

Oh yeah, and I watched the Soda and Mentos video in school as well.

I love Mythbusters. I love the one where they test entering a building through the air vents. When Jaime is going through with those big hulking magnets and Adam announces "Thor, the god of thunder, is trying to enter my building," I always bust up laughing.

I love Mythbusters. I love the one where they test entering a building through the air vents. When Jaime is going through with those big hulking magnets and Adam announces "Thor, the god of thunder, is trying to enter my building," I always bust up laughing.

I always forget about that eppisode but that makes me crack up too.

rayne tesslus

Shiny Shaymin Luffer
Mythbusters is one of the non boring shows I like to watch. I enjoy watching Adam, Jamie, and the gang make mischief while they are doing their thing. I love it.

Doti

Wat
I only started watching Mythbusters this year, but it's already a must on my TV routine. Pretty awsome stuff.

I just wish we didn't get the crappy portuguese dub, although I've managed to catch a few raw versions on.