• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythos: The Return of Magic Discussion Thread

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
As confused as she was on why they were heading for the church when just earlier André told her not to,

If he let Marti go off by herself, he'd probably get a lecture about it from Derek, which he really doesn't want to hear right now. And then Derek would never let André do anything. xD Not that he needs his permission, mind you. I just thought of that now.

"André! You're safe! That's great! Now quick! Head for HQ! The guards are gonna wake up soon!" the woman presumably controlling the tiger said as she passed them.

So, I haven't read the posts that take place in the church... Why should I? André's not there. He's not gonna know what happened either. Who's the woman controlling the tiger that would be concerned with André's safety?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. But... I thought Anima was the leader of the Myth Club..?

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Did you forget what was on the original post of this discussion thread again? It mentions Hansel's the leader in the info section and notable people section. The only reason Anima keeps calling and origanizing stuff is because well, she wants to investigate and thinks it has to do with their powers.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Okay, first off, my apologies for this being very late, but our phone died. Thankfully we got it repaired but well, school's started again for me. I also decided to start writing my novel (yes, and just so you know, it's going well. Two chapter complete plus working on chapter three equalling a total of 59+ pages) so my schedule's gotten loaded. So other posts for the other RPs will be handled next week, hopefully.

If you guys have any questions about what to do with that main (infodump) post, feel free to ask. It'll be more convenient for me than me explaining and hopefully covering your questions before you ask. Also, I haven't added the unlocked info because I'm still working on it.

As for where's everybody... I'm a bit busy to check up on them right now but I'll get to that eventually.

Oh, and @Monster Guy, I'll also be sending those notes either tomorrow or next week. Expect some PMs then.

Vern

Why not both?
Okay, great, new post! Nice to hear you're writing a novel XD. I'm writing one as well and it's a ton of fun. Sullivan's in it.

Since Azerwrath's gone and disappeared, mind if I just skip Kaede past the cave fight stuff, all the way to the clubhouse?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh really? Well I hope your endeavor goes well. It's downright addicting. I'm not kidding. Once I start, it takes a while for me to stop.

Not at all. That's why I'm usually rather vague on who's present, in case people disappear.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I may wait on those notes before I post again. :p

So, if André is a descendant of Aphrodite, would that mean one of his parents would also be a descendant of Aphrodite too? Because I'm tempted to have André's mom make an appearance.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Monster Guy: Why? 'Cause then you'll mostly know the plot? :p

Well, I didn't say anything about not allowing that so...yes, but in case you haven't noticed, the parents seemed to not have the same powers as their kids despite that (for our example, Marti has the powers of Ares while her father has the powers of Loki) but, again, didn't say anything against it so yeah, sure. Besides, family appearances are always fun.

@kawaiiconcept: Define your definition of "jump in" because for me, if you join an RP at any point after the opening is considered jumping in. For me, it's a good time right now 'cause it's the start of a new day/chapter. The same goes for a good opening. If you feel you can't really make a post now for your character to appear that makes sense, then you can keep waiting until it feels right for you. Just don't wait too long, of course.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Yeah, I noticed. I was wondering about that, but I figured it would be explained later. :p

Well, André's mother could have different powers, but I'd have to do some research...

André's mom will probably appear regardless.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Ay. So I'm alive.

I work a lot this week, but it's the start of a new chapter so I should (or so I hope) have a post up by Tuesday. (At the latest Thursday). Legit my only days off this week but I still have classes till 4pm my time soooo we'll see how I'm feeling. Boyfriendo also wants a date day and Thursday is our mutual day off but he usually doesn't mind if I do a quick RP reply. :p

I'll most likely wait for someone to post and follow suit.

Anyways, I noticed powers got slightly stronger according to the post. Is there a specific limitation on that? I'm curious as to what I could actually throw Arsinoe's way.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Monster Guy: It's not much of a plot point (but probably will be explained in-verse if asked) so I can explain in the discussion thread. It's because the ancestors mixed with other lines, the powers one can get is pretty much completely random. I mostly made it like this because of the trope Personality Powers, playing it straight and subverting it.

@Hydrangea: It's okay. No rush.

They're now all at Super Weight 3, so you can go a bit more crazy with it (as long as it ties with your ancestor) as you're gonna need it for the next chapter. Just, uh, please tell me when you add it so I can see if it's all right, okay? You can find the chart on TV Tropes (or linked in the SU thread). Speaking of, I'll be updating my own SUs soon (maybe next weekend if I'm not too busy) so you can see what I mean.

Edit: Make that from Super Weight 3 to Super Weight 4.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Wow, I can finally go God Mode! I've always wanted to do that! Anyway, I'm not gonna be adding anything new, just turning everything my characters already have up to eleven. I'll add that today, maybe tomorrow. I hope.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The only new power I can think of to give André would be the ability to make other things/people pretty. It would mostly be a joke power though... (Since it would basically involve magically giving people new outfits and hairstyles to make them look good in André's opinion, for example.) I'll do some research.

Otherwise, everything else already in the Sign Up just gets stronger.

I got the notes btw. Not spoiling anything, so don't ask.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
So, I missed the last power-up too? So I'll just... super power up...? I'll just mention my changes here, and then update the SU accordingly.

Derek:
--- Light Manipulation Powered x2: The light constructs are much more powerful, and he can use more of it. Much, much more of it. He can use his light powers to manipulate himself into flight, and he can bend existing light as well as create his own.
--- Radiance of the Sun Powered x2: He has a better control of his glow, and can finally turn it off! He can glow to the point of being nearly completely light.
--- Rapid Healing Powered x2: He can now advocate the spreads of plagues! By this I mean he can make people very sick. He can heal other people, yay!
--- *I'm not sure if I can do this one* Transformation: Derek can transform himself into a being of pure light. This is slightly different than the glowy power, because now he can glow solidly, or just zip around as a particle/wave thing.
--- Pettiness: Derek can curse people to only speak in rhyme. Pettiness! From the PJO wikia.

Lexa:
--- Dark Manipulation Powered x2: The dark constructs are much more powerful, and she can use more of it. Much, much more of it. She can also manipulate shadows, which in turn manipulate the object.
--- Huntress Powered x2: Harder! Better! Faster! Stronger!
--- Serenity Powered x2: She can fully vanish into the darkness.
--- Forest Sense Powered x2: She can make forest plants grow to her command, as long as there is soil nearby to accommodate it. Where she steps, forest plants grow, flourish for a moment, wilt, and vanish.

I also kinda want to give them slight control over fire/water? Because sun/moon? But that's a bit Too Much so I won't. I will get a post up soon.
(I also want to give Lexa powers based on the phases of the moon? but idk what to do with it...)

Last edited: