• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythos: The Return of Magic - RP Thread

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
Ceresa Farm

"Nee, I think I'm good," Derek said as he took a seat next to André. For the next few moments, neither boy said anything as the music played in the background. They just gazed lovingly into each others eyes. André had been in situations like this before, but those were in movies. Sure he dated other celebrities before, but those were publicity stunts arranged by his people. This was different. It was a real person he liked, and who seemed to like him in return. André's heart was beating faster than it ever had before. Derek was handsome, and looked good in that green dress. André didn't know a lot of guys who wore dresses in public. (Other than himself.)

Derek reached out and lightly touched André's face, his fingers caressing his chin. "How can you be so flawless?" he whispered, softly.

André chuckled, and reached out to touch Derek's face. The two boys got really close to each other's faces. André was prepared to give the boy a kiss right then and there.

But before anything could really happen, the moment was ruined. There were three taps on the window, and André glared at the person outside. Then another blonde boy barged into the limo. André sighed. His romantic moment was ruined. Handsome as this guy was, he smelled of all kinds of alcohol, and not the kind of alcohol he liked either. "Yo. I've been here with you two lovebirds all the time, in case anyone asks," Alain said, drinking what was probably more alcohol. "What exactly are people doing here anyway?"

André noticed Derek scooting away from Alain, and closer to himself. André couldn't help smiling. Derek answered Alain's question. "Hallo, Alain," he said, "Something about corpses, I believe? I'm unsure. Lexa would know, she actually wanted to come." He said with a sigh.

André nodded. "Oui" He said as he went through his bag and pulled out his botte of rose scented perfume. "Neither of us want to be on a smelly barnyard looking at disgusting corpses..." André then casually sprayed Alain with his perfume. "Speaking of smelly things, what have you been doing? You smell like alcohol..."

"Hmm, someone lose Kitty?" Derek asked, nodding his head towards the window. André scooted towards the window, and saw a cat sitting outside staring at the limo. It was a good looking cat for sure, but there was something strange about this feline. What was it doing all the way out here? It was most likely either a stray, or it belonged to the people that owned this farm, and was just curious about this strange car.

André shrugged his shoulders. "Je ne sais pas. It is not mine... I think we should leave it alone. I have heard it is not good to pick up stray animals..."

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Alain Irving
Dionysus Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Not entirely unexpected, Derek switched seats as Alain got into the limo, sitting closer to Andre, despite the rather roomy limo they were in. Alain didn't really like the interior that much, as bright pink colors wasn't really his cup of tea. Everything was pink. That was why he had a dislike towards Andre, or rather his taste. He reminded him of one of those whacko's you'd see on Tv with unhealthy obsessions over stuff, in this case, the color pink. He shrugged. If he said that out loud, the consequences wouldn't be pretty. Andre was a decent enugh guy, and who was he to judge based on the overwhelming amount of Pink?

The two did seem somewhat gloomy over his presence there, and it was no secret that they picked up on his breath and overall body odor. By now, his body was more or less 75% alcohol instead of water. No awesome powers come without a price, he figured.

"Hallo, Alain," Derek said, "Something about corpses, I believe? I'm unsure. Lexa would know, she actually wanted to come." He didn't seem very excited to be there, and it was almost creepy how he just talked about, what was it, corpses? The scooby gang actually managed to find a dead body? or more? ew. "Oui" Andre said as he was messing around in a bag of his. He eventually picked out some sort of bottle. More alcohol, perhaps? "Neither of us want to be on a smelly barnyard looking at disgusting corpses...". Nope. It was a perfume, which Andre just sprayed Alain in the face with. "Eey! That stings!" Alain exclaimed while rubbing his eyes. "Speaking of smelly things, what have you been doing? You smell like alcohol..." he then asked, sounding like a disappointed mother after her son fails at sneaking back home after a party she didn't know about.

"Oh, haa haa.", Alain sarcastically remarked. "I'll have you know I was at a party.. 2 days ago.", he figured he didn't wanna go into too much detail. they'd likely hear about it once their teacher decided to arrange an intervention for him.

Before more conversation could find place, Derek talked, sounding very bored while nodding towards the window of the limo: "Hmm, someone lose Kitty?". Both Andre and Alain looked out where he was watching, and saw a cat sitting outside, looking at them. It was somewhat creepy. Alain did not really like cats. never had. It was something about their behavior he didn't like. "Je ne sais pas. It is not mine... I think we should leave it alone. I have heard it is not good to pick up stray animals...", Andre said. it was something about him and Dereks tone which made them sound even more snobby than usual. Alain shrugged. "I don't like it. Cats, I mean. Something about the way they stare.. They're planning something, it's creepy!". He then said with a slightly dramatic tone, before taking another sip from his Rum.

"Speaking of which. you guys can vouch for me to Mr. Hawkshaw, right? I was definitely here, and I contributed to whatever the rest of the nerds are doing right now.", he said. He shrugged when he remembered Derek talking about corpses. "S.. Should we perhaps call the police? If there are dead people here, I mean?". He took a big sip of his rum,suspecting its smell would soon fade out that perfume Andre had sprayed him with.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(I'm hoping this is more or less in the right order.)

Lola Carter
Queztalcoatl Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Most of their number seemed to be avoiding the corpses in the barn. Lola was okay with that, it gave her more room to inspect them, plus she'd be able to hangout with everyone else later anyways. Then a wolf burst in and drug the largest body away, before Lola even had time to be afraid. Uh. . . okay.

"I think we should probably dispose of these corpses properly before the police show up and ruin our investigation. And if you want my two cents in how we do it, something involving fire would be ideal, like cremation. Fire purifies the earth, and gives life a clean slate. Plus, they smell worse than moldy naan bread dipped on sour goat's milk," commented D-Pac.

“I don't think that our call to make,” commented Lola softly. And Anima assessed similarly "Uh... I don't know with you, but I don't think the police would be worried about animal corpses unless Howard called for them. Besides, the Ceresas are the ones who'll decide what to do with 'em. I just asked to let us check them, not destroy them."

“Daciana, I’m not sure you want to do that. Who knows what kind of things killed these cows? You don’t really want that in your mouth,” Clover told the wolf, before morphing into a dog.

Powers. Yes. Everyone in the club had powers. Why? Lola turned the pages in her notebook and made notes on the dedicated page, 'wolf ' and 'dog'. It was all vague, just encase anyone found her casebook. No names or explanations. She flipped back to the proper page and continued her examinations.

Clover commented that it smelled like the bodies had been cleaned. That was interesting. Lola had noticed, “Yeah, it smells bad in here. But given the time-line, I'd expect them to smell worse.”

"Hold on a second guys. Maybe the cows had a sudden illness, or.... Just died of old age. But I'm no doctor, so I wouldn't know for certain. Is everybody here?" mentioned D-Pac (who I assume left the barn before making flares) before stepping outside.

“Or were poisoned?” wondered Lola taking note of the theories. Old age didn't seem right for this many animals or for the farmers not to get it.

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Taylor Family Mansion, Underground Laboratory.

Sullivan sighed and removed the cotton swab he was holding onto the place the needle had entered his body earlier. He was sitting on a chair in a sterile white room, watching as his blood was subjected to a wide variety of tests that his father had never bothered to explain to him. He got the gist of it well enough, but the mechanics were rather fuzzy to him. He often allowed his so called ‘father’ to do tests on his blood, as a way of repaying him for taking care of him all these years.

His father was a bit of a wannabe scientist. While he had never been officially recognised in the higher circles due to his somewhat strange interests, he did know his stuff. Right now, the man that had adopted him - William Taylor, or, as he liked to be called by others, Dr. Taylor - was pacing around the room, hitting some keys the keyboards as his computers performed multiple calculations. When he had built this mansion, he had made sure to include an underground, sci-fi inspired lab.

“Hey, kid.” he said, looking up and staring at Sullivan with an expression that all but explicitly said ‘you’ve got some explaining to do’. “I’ve heard that your little club has been involved in some rather sketchy activities.”

Sullivan had already had a response planned for this line of questioning, which was inevitable when the club he was part of was involved in the study of the corpses of brutally murdered animals - an activity they were probably currently engaged in. “It’s all to look for the supernatural.” he said, putting on an easy smile and a nonchalant tone - the tone he had all but perfected. “It’s the point of our club, you know.” While this tone of his usually contained a hint of arrogance, when it was used against his father, the arrogance turned into a strong rebelliousness. If there was a single person he looked up to, it was this man.

Sighing, his ‘father’ sauntered over towards him, his somewhat large belly wobbling a bit as he did so. The man sat down on a chair on the other side of the table Sullivan was seated at, and rested his right arm on the desk. “Look, son.” he said, “You know that all I want is for you two to be safe, and to find some sort of definitive proof of the existence of mythological creatures or demigods.”

Sullivan sighed and closed his eyes, leaning back on his chair. “I understand, old man.” he said, sounding somewhat bored of this entire conversation. “We’re in no danger.”

“Are you sure?” his father’s voice was genuinely concerned, as well as a little suspicious. “If there’s anything you need me to-“

“No. We’re fine on our own.” Sullivan said, getting up and turning away from his father. “I appreciate your concern, but it is unnecessary. I’ll be leaving now.” With that, he exited the laboratory and slammed the door shut behind him. Now that he was finished in the lab, he planned to find the others at the farm, like he had promised.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Anima didn't answer Chloe right away. Nor Deepak, though in his case, it was mostly because of him going out after he said it and Anima had no idea what made him come to the conclusion he came to. Instead, she kept looking around, not just back of the barn keeping the corpses, she looked at the whole barn. She eventually came back after about five minutes. Her frown was still there.

"Remember what my powers are?" she said, mostly rhetorically. "I can see the souls of the dead until they've been buried."

She glanced around again before looking back at the others.

"And there aren't any in here."

Just then, she looked at the window and saw a cow outside. She looked at it with a confused expression. How did that get here? But then she studied it carefully and her eyes widened in shock. She turned her head to the corpses then back at the cow. The cow was glowing slightly and she could see in the center of its head its intent in the form of a glowing red spot.

The little voice in her head said, Kill, kill, kill....

"Guys! Ghosts!"

Anima sidestepped, dodging the killer cow's lung. She made a beeline for the shovel nearby and hit the head of the cow. As the ghost reeled and recovered from the blow, more came inside, all of them of the barn animals that died. Two more cows, one bull, and two goats.

If anyone bothered to notice, the bull and two of the other cows seemed to be heading straight for Daciana. The two goats were going after their own targets individually, one after Chloe and the other one went after Deepak.

If anyone just barely dodged the attacks of the ghosts, they'd felt as if a small part of their energy was drained.

The cat just stared as Derek and the others talked. The crow kept cawing at it. It watched unflinchingly. Then, at Alain's words, if they looked back outside, they'd see the cat was smiling. It meowed a few times. Unfortunately, non of them could understand its words. But on the slight chance someone who could was nearby, they'd hear,

"Oh, don't worry, there aren't any dead humans."

Suddenly, the limo shook before there was the distinct feeling of it going backwards.

It meowed again.

"At least for now."

But then the cat screeched as the crow proceeded to peck at the feline. For the occupants of the car, they would notice the doors were stuck despite not being locked, as well as any other openings like the windows. If anyone bothered checking the driver, they would find his throat and chest had been sliced. And that the dashboard was on fire.

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Daniel kept his eye on the sky for a while. For some reason, he felt like a crow flying around was odd. But he knew it wasn't. He briefly wondered if this was because of his powers before he went back to studying the forest line, seeing as it was clear there wasn't anything he could help in with the grass. He walked, scanning the forest. He ended up being a few feet beside Kaede because of that.

He was about to keep walking until his flashlight uncovered something in the woods. It was a gun, and it was pointing at Kaede. Daniel reacted instantly. He tackled Kaede to the ground just as the gun fired. He looked to where the bullet landed and vaguely saw the grass looked blue. He turned his head back at gun, pointing his flashlight at it, getting a better look at the shooter. He cursed when he did.

It was some sort of ethereal man in some animal fur with two snarling heavy set dogs by his sides. The man signaled for the dog to move, no doubt to attack them. Daniel growled as well. There was no way he was going to let that. He got off Kaede and charged straight at one of the dogs. They ended up on the ground, wrestling each other as Daniel tried to break its neck while it tried to bite his neck.

The other dog lunged at Kaede. If it succeeded, it would be biting her arm but it strangely wasn't strong enough to bite it off. However, she would feel as if it was draining her energy, bit by bit.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
D-Pac noticed what was coming after him, and ran for his life.

He didn't want to risk using the power he inherited from the god Agni in case it would burn everything around him into the ground, except for the "Goat ghost".

He ran towards the nearest body of water,, which was a small stagnant pond, but fell in the mud. Luckily, he used his purifying flames to cauterize any possible wounds.

Deepak realized he couldn't swim, and "dropped an F-bomb" at the top of his lungs, knowing he was cornered.

He had no choice, he had to use his fiery power to try and protect himself.

His body became engulfed in flames, much like the Human Torch, but he didn't want to risk setting the plant life on fire. So, he hunkered down and sincerely hoped that the undead farm animal would retreat.

He hunkered down out of knowing that in Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book", most animals are instinctively afraid of fire,even the mighty tiger Shere Khan...

Hopefully this "rule of thumb" applied to ghostly animals too. Deepak would have to wait and see.

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Lanaya Ur-Kaldr
Enkidu Descendant
Ceresa Farm

The wind of howling. The earth was singing. There was a certain strange vibe in the air. Perhaps he was the last to arrive. Perhaps he had missed all the commotion already. Regardless, he was here to see what would be in store for him. They; the Club, were supposed to be here on some sort of investigation. Something was dreadfully wrong here. He could feel it. The land itself was trying to speak, but Lanaya heeded not it's call. Instead, he went on his own little tour.

Walking around the area, he swore that he saw a rather large bird fly above. There were clouds across the sky, hampering the otherwise perfect moonlit sky. The bird was too far out for Lanaya to call for, but he was pretty sure that a certain girl was looking about.

Ignoring the presence of the club members, Lanaya looked around for something he would deem interesting. The first thing to show itself would be the grass. Morphed and contorted, the plants seemed to have twisted themselves into some sort of elongated shape. They formed large patches of abnormality, and some even had wilted. Gently hopping across the grass, Lanaya ignored them completely. They weren't giving off any signals; it wasn't a big deal. There was more that could not be seen.

The trail would slowly lead the young man to the edge of the Forest, where the 'strangeness' would seem to grow in strength.

A click, then a trigger. A shot was fired in the darkness. Instinctively, Lanaya would narrow his eyes in the direction of the sound. He had been taught much; finding the source of a gunshot was one of them. The boy did not run. Without the slightest bit of fear, he strode forth into the Forest's mouth. The snarls and grunts had made themselves apparent. Noise began to spread, and so did the worry that crept on his face. Hopefully nothing went wrong.

The sight of Daniel wrestling with some foreign Dog was surprising enough, but Lanaya moved not to aid him. He could tell that the young man would get everything under control. The other one, however...

Lanaya lunged forward, his hands outstretched. From the earth below the second hound came forth a torrent of blades. Each made of mud and rock, they pierced the hide of the canine which had it's jaws around Kaede's arm.

Sketchie

literally some guy
----☼----
Derek van Velde
Apollo Descendant
Ceresa Farm

----☼----​

Apparently, no one seemed to care about kitty. "Je ne sais pas," André said, shrugging his shoulders. "It is not mine... I think we should leave it alone. I have heard it is not good to pick up stray animals..."

"I don't like it," Alain said with obvious distaste, "Cats, I mean. Something about the way they stare... They're planning something, it's creepy!" He finished his statement with a swig of whatever alcohol it was that day. "Speaking of which. you guys can vouch for me to Mr. Hawkshaw, right? I was definitely here, and I contributed to whatever the rest of the nerds are doing right now." Alain shrugged, before his face seemed to fall something serious. "S... Should we perhaps call the police? If there are dead people here, I mean?" he asked, taking another swig.

Derek chuckled, shaking his head. "Nee, nee, not human corpses. Just animal ones," he said with a smile. He sighed and leaned his head back. "Nee, just animal corpses. Not exactly something I have interest in.

The voice came back. "BAD KITTY!!!" it screeched.

What are you talking about? Derek thought back. He scrunched up his face, biting his lip in confusion. Is this about the same cat..? Suddenly, the limo shook and -- were they going backwards? Derek looked around to see that yes, they were going backwards. What was this all about? And what about the cat?

"BAD KITTY BAD KITTY BAD KITTY!!! TALKING KITTY!!! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!! YOU'RE GONNA DIE ALSO."

The color drained from Derek's already pale face. The car was picking up speed, and there was something just... wrong. Smoke. Derek got up and looked through the window in between the driver's side and theirs and oh god. Oh god oh god oh god this was bad. Derek recoiled at the sight of a burning dashboard and a dead driver. He put his hand over his mouth, trying to process everything. They could get out of this. He pivoted, facing André and Alain. "Zo, you know how I said that there were no human corpses? I might be a little wrong about that, and we might have something of a proble--"

BAM. Something had hit the limo from behind, stopping it with a sudden jerk. Derek tumbled back, crashing on top of André. His face flushed a bright red, and he muttered a quick "het spijt mij" before backing off. He didn't know what that was, but at least the car was stopped. "Okay, zo the dashboard is on fire, and we should probably leave," he said, trying the the door. It was definitely unlocked, but also... not going anywhere. "Or, we could not do that, I suppose."

"BLAST IT!!!!"

What? With what?

"BLAST IT WITH THE LIGHT!! DO IT DO IT DO IT YOU WOULD LOOK SO COOL! BLAST. THE DOOR. OFF."

Derek looked at André. "I apologize for what I'm about to try to do here," he said with a weak smile. He closed his eyes to focus. The car might not be moving anymore, but the smell of smoke was strong. It wouldn't be long before the fire spread into the cabin. He clasped his hands together, sending all of his energy to his palms. He slowly opened his hands, forming a ball of pure white light. He opened his eyes, and took a deep breath. Here goes.

"DO IT!!!!!"

There was a sound of piercing metal and a blast of light. Derek fired a beam of light through the door, knocking the most of it out of place. The rim of the door was still held solidly to the limo, but the bulk of the door had been blasted off into the fields. "Meet you outside," he said to Alain before grabbing André's hand, "Komen!" He pulled André up and out of the car through the hole, taking him away from the car and pulling him closer. What the hell?

The response came quick. "BAD KITTY."

---

----☾----
Lexa Valencia
Artemis Descendant
Ceresa Farm

----☾----​

The farm was quite peaceful, and trotting below your best friend was oddly calming. Lexa knew she would have to come down sometime, and she was ready for when she did. The sky was beautiful, and honestly? So was she. Lexa watched Arsi soar through the air with wonder. What was it like to fly? To see everything from on high? Did she realize how beautiful and graceful she looked doing that?

Her concentration faltered as she heard a gunshot. She snapped up, looking around. She couldn't find any immediate danger but-- something pierced her subconscious. It was though a laser cut through her conscious, leaving a thought behind. Derek. She turned to look behind her to see a pink limo starting to go backwards. She rolled her eyes, but she couldn't shake the feeling of his being in danger. Especially once she noticed the smoke. I can't leave Arsi, and I can't help him, dammit!

"Are you so sure about that?" the deer she was riding said, cocking its head.

Right. Lexa waved her hand, summoning two golden stags. A thought occurred to her, how many of these things could she summon? Didn't matter. There were other matters. "Go stop that car," she commanded the two stags. They bowed their heads, before dashing off. They ran across the fields as fast as the wind. They positioned themselves behind the car and rammed into the back of it, effectively stopping it.

Yeah, that did the trick. Lexa turned her attention back to Arsi. Isn't she getting tired..?

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Kaede ‘Maple’ Shonozaki
Nekomata Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Kaede was busy looking at the grass, then the forest, then the grass again and so forth when she heard an unusual sound in the forest. She could feel her muscles tensing up by themselves, as if waiting to spring. There had been a few times where this had happened before, and she knew that it meant that she was in imminent danger. Unfortunately, she couldn’t quite make out the source of this danger. Whatever it was, it was pretty well hidden.

That was, until a flashlight (probably Daniel’s) lit up the forest and revealed the figure of a man and two dogs. The man was pointing a gun at her.

Kaede tensed to spring out of the way, but before she could do so, something tackled her to the ground. It happened so fast that Kaede, distracted by the man with the gun, could only guess, with no real accuracy, that the person that had probably saved her life was the very same one that had lit up the figure with the flashlight, judging by the direction the tackle came from and the direction the flashlight had come from.

This was soon ascertained by the hulking form of Daniel getting up off the ground and getting attacked by one of the dogs. These dogs were big, and looked extremely powerful. Being a cat, Kaede did not really like dogs, so she allowed her instincts to take over and moved away from the chaos that was a very big and strong guy wrestling with a very big and strong dog. She quickly sprang to her feet and, in a few bounds, put a good deal of distance between her and the fight. As she did so, she noticed a blue patch on the ground that hadn’t been there before.

Unfortunately for her (again), the second dog was coming straight at her. She dodged the initial rush by diving to the side, but the dog turned around more quickly than expected and sprang at her again. By reflex, Kaede flipped around and swiped at the dog as it flew over her, her claw-like fingers tearing through the skin on its belly. the dog yelped and backed off a bit, snarling at her, giving her time to get to her feet.

As the dog charged at her again, she sidestepped it and threw a ball of fire in its direction, sending her assailant flying into the air. Kaede had no idea how she did that - every single time she had used that power, she had been in a state of either emotional or physical distress, and it just sort of happened. The instincts that had awoken in her two weeks ago would take over, and whatever was ailing her would erupt in some sort of ghostly flame. She had discovered that the cause of this spontaneous combustion was some sort of ghostly fireball that she seemed to be able to conjure. She had tried to do so a few times when she was alone, but could never figure out how.

The dog landed on the ground with a thud, caught off guard by the sudden attack. It got back up with surprising speed for something that had just been hit by a fireball and charged at her again. Kaede, who had been trying to conjure another fireball without success, barely managed to jump to the side, and the dog’s teeth grazed her arm. Just as she did so, she felt a curious sensation of strength being drawn away from her. It lasted for so little time that she dismissed it as simply overexertion. She had never been very physically gifted. Just as she regained her balance, the dog that had attacked her was impaled by spikes that had appeared from the ground, and was lifted into the air, blood dripping from where the blades had entered its body.

She turned and saw the figure of Lanaya, who had arrived late, standing a few meters behind her. She didn’t really appreciate the fact that he had thought it necessary to come to her aid but not to Daniel’s, but wasn’t about to get angry at him for helping out. “Arigato, Lana-nya!” she called, using a nickname that had somehow come to pass into her mind a while ago and stuck there. She covered the distance between her and the guy that had (presumably) killed the dog that had tried to kill her in a few bounds, a large smile on her face. “How are you doing?”

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Daciana Lupei
Fenrir Descendant
Ceresa Farm

“Daciana, I’m not sure you want to do that. Who knows what kind of things killed these cows? You don’t really want that in your mouth,” Daciana's wolf ears pricked at the familiar voice of Clover. A low growl escaped her mouth as she turned her head. How on earth was she going to make out anything from the body if she wasn't going to prod at it to some degree? Being an animal had its advantages when it came to her senses. Of course, there was that cloying, irresistible smell of raw, dead flesh...but it wasn't as if she had chewed off any part of it yet! Sometimes, her fellow club members still weren't used to her carnivorous urges and tendencies, as evidenced in the caution that laced Kit's voice as he wondered aloud what she was doing. At that moment, she tried to resist the urge to shift back into her redheaded self and flip them off, telling them that it wasn't anything as trivial as rare steak that killed her father! She did want to try taking up D-Pac's offer, though, if only to try out an authentic curry meal.

After Clover took a few moments to examine the bodies, Daciana noticed that the younger girl muttering in resignation and shifting into...a golden retriever?! The wolf nearly howled with laughter as said golden retriever turned into a more appropriate bloodhound. She was thankful that she only had one animal form; at least she knew what to expect and she could count on not turning into say, a bunny or devil forbid, a kitten. In their animal forms, Clover and herself ironically looked the very picture of The Moon card from the Major Arcana, save for the fact that they were inside a barn, rather than outdoors. She kept her nose down on the cow as she tried to resist the urge to start wolfing down on the flesh (while cursing inwardly at herself for choosing to skip dinner until after the investigation), trying to pick up any scent that wasn't dead cow, which normally should've lingered heavily. Nothing. Apparently, she wasn't the only one who observed the same thing, as Clover herself shifted back to her human form after sniffing each of the bodies.

She then clamped down on one of the more heavily-scarred parts of the corpse, tearing a chunk of mangled flesh off with her sharp teeth. If her nose wasn't picking up anything, she might as well check if her tongue was going to. She gulped down the piece of meat, noting that there wasn't any distinctive lingering aftertaste or texture that separated it from other cows. It was what it was, which was rather strange, considering the state the corpses were in. Obviously, it couldn't have been another cow that maimed the now-deceased cows...she wasn't one for the sciences, but she wasn't that naive to think that! Sighing, she stepped back and willed herself to shift. She was lucky this time, and her wolf's body was replaced by her tall, lean yet muscular frame, dressed in a familiar black leather jacket, black safety pin-adorned tank top and black death metal boots. She looked back and noticed another familiar face assuring D-Pac that the police was the least of their concerns. It was Anima, whom she knew had a particular way with the dead that no-one else in the club did.

“I can’t smell anything on these bodies at all. It’s like they’ve been...I don’t know, cleaned?” Clover remarked to the thirteen-year-old girl, Daciana's thoughts essentially mirroring the first half of the statement. She wasn't sure if cleaned was the right word, however. After all, the corpses were still mangled.

"Hold on a second guys. Maybe the cows had a sudden illness, or.... Just died of old age. But I'm no doctor, so I wouldn't know for certain. Is everybody here?" D-Pac suggested, before sending a very small series of faint embers to the sky. Daciana crossed her arms and turned her icy blue eyes towards him.

"Dude, no taste of disease on that one at least," she interjected, pointing at the carcass she examined. "Plus, they're fucking shredded...old age doesn't get you shredded, or get peeps scratching their heads like that."

“Or were poisoned?” Lola, one of her classmates, put forward. This actually seemed more plausible, and managed to make the redhead run her tongue all over the inside of her mouth as well as her lips. She hadn't tasted any trace of poison when she had sampled part of the corpse, and she knew that she would be convulsing by now if she did ingest some. Still, it was an instinctive reaction. Anima took her time to look over the corpses, before returning to the rest of them after a few minutes.

"Remember what my powers are? I can see the souls of the dead until they've been buried," she reminded them, looking around the barn before remarking that there weren't any souls present, despite the fact that none of the corpses were buried. She then looked outside at...a cow? Daciana could've sworn that there were no cows outside the barn when she arrived just a few minutes earlier. Then again, she had been so engrossed with picking up evidence that she might've missed-...

"Guys! Ghosts!" Anima exclaimed, and Daciana turned around. Over the two weeks since they discovered their powers, she had learned to trust Anima's "sixth sense" when it came to ghosts. On the one hand, she wasn't at all afraid of ghosts, or virtually anything for that matter. But on the other hand...she wasn't exactly sure whether her fists were enough to take care of them...not that she couldn't try it out.

A bull and two cows burst through the doors of the barn, heading for her. Daciana growled under her breath, before she ran and launched a hard kick of her own at the bull. Unfortunately, it didn't deter the animal and the bull continued charging. Daciana dodged its horns, only to feel that a bit of her energy was being...drained somehow. She pulled herself between the spectral forms of the bull, who was now in front of her and turning around after sensing her, and the two cows, who were right behind her. Three against one, but she wasn't willing to give up. Not at all. She wasn't about to let some bovine ghosts get the better of her. Being prey wasn't in her nature. She let out a savage howl and bared her teeth at the bull once more, her fists balled and her expression dangerous. Two more howls, however, had answered her call...one of them higher and airier, the other lower and rougher. She turned back, and a sight that she had never seen before greeted her.

Two large spectral wolves had joined her, the more robustly-built golden-eyed one a smoky red the color of the setting sun, and the sleeker, silver-eyed one dark and shadowy like the deep night. Both of them charged towards the pair of spectral cows and began their assault. They had more success, as Daciana clearly heard ghostly moos of pain. She faced the bull once more, baring her teeth before charging at it, this time allowing the beast to take over her body. She landed on all fours, growling before she leapt forward at the undead bull and began her assault.

Think you can fuck me up, beef? Heh, I'll be doing the damn fucking up! She thought as she rammed her body on the undead bull's, knocking it down with ease. She then climbed atop it, tearing at the flesh of the bodily vessel with her sharp fangs.

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Road Outside Ceresa Farm

The first sight that greeted Sullivan as he turned the corner was that of a burning car. A pink burning car that was rolling backwards towards him, with three rather familiar blonde guys inside. Not the best way to kick off an investigation. With a sigh that perfectly conveyed his disdain for this whole predicament and the irritation it caused him, he kept walking forward, with the intent to stop the car when it came to him so the guys trapped inside could smash the doors and get out.

As he did so, he began to tick off the possible causes for this, and reached the conclusion that the cause was probably supernatural, or connected in some way to the supernatural (or whatever their powers would be classified under). There was no reason for a normal human to set a car with three kids inside it on fire, unless he hated André, the resident movie star, with a rather intensely burning passion. However, there probably was a pretty good reason - which was unknown to them - for something more otherworldly to do so.

Just as he pulled his arm back in preparation for a punch on the car to stop its momentum, two rather otherworldly looking stags barrelled past him and rammed into the car with a satisfying ‘BAM’, stopping it in its tracks. It was followed soon after by another ‘BAM’ sound as the door to the car flew off and tow figures emerged. Squinting slightly to protect his eyes from the heat and the light of the fire, he made out the familiar forms of Derek and André climbing out of the car. The other guy (probably Alain, the drunkard), was yet to be seen.

Sullivan walked around the car and the stags, stopping when he reached the spot where Derek and Andre were standing, watching as the limo burned down. As he did so, he made out the form of a cat sitting on the ground next to the burning car, fighting with a raven. That wasn't something you'd see every day. It glared at him, and he felt a strange sense of impending doom, which confirmed his suspicion that this cat was the cause of the entire accident. Sighing in a way that made it seem that he had been forced to take care of matters that should have been left to those less capable, he walked up the the cat and glared at it. The cat glared back. He grimaced slightly, then warily extended his right hand towards it, aiming to pick it up by the scruff of the neck. He made sure to stay on alert for any sudden movements.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Ceresa Barn

Well, she learned a few things about the dead. One, if the ghost was visible, it was likely it could be hit. The swing with her newly acquired shovel had worked on the cow that attacked her. Of course, she wasn't exactly skilled in fighting in any way, so she wasn't exactly using the shovel so well. It was too heavy for her to lift again quickly as the cow once again charged again.

That was when she learned the second thing, getting hit by a ghost wasn't painful, it was draining, as if she had exerted a lot more force or energy. What was painful though was being pushed onto the wall. Anima lost her grip on her shovel as she gathered her bearings. But she saw the ghostly bovine coming once more. She ducked to the side, making the cow pass right through the wall.

Why it passed a wall and not a shovel, she had no idea, but she didn't want to question it. It soon came back, but just as it came halfway through the wall, it seemed to trip. Anima took the chance and got the shovel and slammed it on where she saw the red glowing spot on the cow. It disappeared after several hits.

Daciana would find that the wolves easily took care of the two cows. They vanished in seconds. She would also find that even though it was a bull, it stood little chance against her considering her strength. And her ferocity. After several bites and slashes, it too was gone.

Anima panted, catching her breath. But then a voice spoke.

"Um...miss?"

Anima blinked, then turned to see a young man in a...uniform of some kind. It looked somewhere in between the clothes the prince from the first Disney Cindarella movie and a tuxedo. And he was also slightly glowing.

"Yeah?" she said.

The man then looked very concerned.

"Please, could you go outside and help Sir André?" he said. "I got killed by this cat and the limo was on fire right before that."

Anima's train of thought stopped. "What?!"

"I'll go help your friends since I can help with the ghosts."

Anima nearly forgot about that. Never mind. She had to help and besides, the guy said he could do the barn instead. She nodded. "Got it."

She ran out of the building, but not before she grabbed the fire extinguisher.

The goat nearly landed its blows on Chloe, but thankfully missed by just a hair. The goat, realizing this, turned immediately, inadvertedly having Kit in its pathway. It barely missed Kit and Chloe once again. It was about to go back to attack until its head jerked to the side as if it was hit. Then it faded away. Though Chloe wouldn't be able to tell anything right now, if she turned into an animal, she would feel a presence in the barn. Kit though could feel it. And that presence was the invisible limo driver, who sighed in relief.

For Deepak, he would notice that the goat wasn't chasing him, but in fact was going back into the barn.

Meanwhile, outside the barn, Lanaya's blow hadn't been enough to entirely rid of the ghost instantly. But with it lying down on the ground, panting despite not needing to breath, it was clear it was too injured to do anything and is likely to be gone in a few minutes. The gunman, however, wasn't. He once again took aim at Kaede, apparently not caring for Lanaya.

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Daniel fought all right. He fought with everything he had. He poured all his anger into each move he did against the hound on him. But he noted something too, he was getting tired much quicker than normal. At this rate, he would be exhausted by the time he finished the dog. So he changed his tactics. Getting a firm hold on its neck, he threw it over his head, a few feet away. It landed with a thud but he gave it no chance it was his turn to pounceand gave it a beating.

With one final yelp, the dog went limp and disappeared. For a second, Daniel thought the danger was over. But then he heard it again; a click. He quickly looked behind and saw where the gunman was aiming at. Daniel growled and dashed toward the man. But he knew he wouldn't make it in time to stop the shot, so he shouted,

"Kaede! Dodge!"

The gunman fired his rifle.

Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Anima was thankful she was used to running around as she managed to get from the barn to the limo pretty quick. Though from what she could tell, the fire wasn't really bad from the very little amount of smoke and that André and aparently also Derek were fine. Why they were in a limo and how they got it, she had no idea, but this wasn't the time for such thoughts. She soon passed the two, ignoring everything else around her.

She armed the fire extinguisher, aimed and then let loose. And by let loose, that meant the hose moved wildly, ending up spreading the foam across the interior. It did get rid of the fire, but it also covered the other occupant all over inside the limo, Alain. When Anima realized this, she chuckled sheepishly.

"Eh heh, sorry about that...but at least the fire's out, right?" she said.

Then Anima looked to her back out at the sound of a cat screeching.

That hiss was from the cat, which Sullivan would see, if he knew something about cats, was a Russian Blue and something else easily noticeable to anyone was its two tails. Earlier, it had tried to glare at Sullivan but seeing as a bird was trying to PECK OUT YOUR EYSES kill it, it didn't have quite the force it wanted. That also meant Sullivan had an easy time grabbing the Russian Blue. That was when it made the screech. Its skin seemed to be burning from Sullivan just touching it.

And then the cat was on fire.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Deepak was relieved that the ghost vanished back into the barn. He let out a sigh, and walked over towards the barn.

"Phew, that was WAAAAAAAAAY too close." He thought aloud. "I should go check with the others."

He heard a gunshot, and decided to get a closer look at what happened, keeping a safe distance. Eventually he reached the burnt remains of a car, and thought out loud, again....

"Wait. Did I do that? I think I'd noticed if my flames hit something on the way down." He said, rather quietly as to keep a low profile. Then he noticed a flaming feline.

Deepak used his control over fire in order to to snuff out the burning cat, which hopefully would survive.

"Nothing ever justifies setting innocent animals on fire. Not even.... 'Doom Music"'. D-Pac said, making an obscure and outdated meme reference, trying to be the "Comic relief" of the group.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Kitai was confused when Anima told the group that she couldn't see the dead animals' souls. The corpses clearly weren't buried, so why couldn't Anima see their souls? After considering whatever reason there might've been, Kitai suddenly felt an ominous presence nearby, causing him to feel uneasy and start looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

That was when he heard Anima say there were ghosts nearby before sidestepping a charging cow, only this cow gave off a strange glow Kitai had never seen before, leading him to believe that it was the ghost Anima was talking about. The suddenness of the situation they were now in prompted Kitai to freeze up in fear as he watched Anime strike the ghost with a shovel, something he didn't expect to work. The relief he felt when he saw that it did was short lived, however, as more ghostly animals appeared. One of them in particular, a goat, charged at Kitai.

In the heat of the moment, Kit got over the shock of there being visible ghosts in the first place and jumped out of the goat's way. Though once he stood back up, Kitai noticed a bit of fatigue setting in. "Wha...What?" He said out loud as he noticed this unfamiliar feeling. Kit's always had an impressive amount of stamina, and was able to keep at whatever he did for a pretty decent length of time, even physically taxing things like running, and this has been especially true since he got his powers, so for him to feel tired, even just a little bit, struck him as odd and brought him to believe the ghost might've had something to do with it.

Amidst the chaos inside the barn, Kit heard something off in the distance thanks to his heightened hearing. A sound that was familiar to him as he spoke out loud, "G...Gun fire," with surprise in his voice. The sound of the gun shot also brought on a feeling of dread within Kitai, as it made him wonder if someone out there had in fact gotten shot, and worse...

After hearing the gun shot, Kitai looked around and noticed that some of his friends had managed to make several of the ghosts vanish in a way that lead him to believe they had been 'defeated' so to speak. That was when he saw Anima seemingly talking to thin air, but Kitai could somehow feel a presence in front of her. Considering her power, he suspected that she must've been talking to a ghost he couldn't see.

"A...Anima?" Kitai asked as he watched her run out of the barn with a fire extinguisher before noticing that the goat that charged at him before had come back. Feeling like there was no other choice than to fight back as everyone else did, Kit raised a hand preparing to conjure up a blue flame to burn the ghost, then the goat looked away from him briefly before jerking its head to the side and then vanishing in the same way the other visible ghosts had vanished. At first confused as to what happened, Kitai once again felt that presence he felt earlier. Could the source of that presence be what struck down the ghost?

Kitai train of thought was quickly derailed, however, as he then heard a click sound off in the distance. Once again, it was as familiar to him as the gun shot. "Oh, no..." He said out loud upon realizing that someone could be in serious trouble. Without another word, Kit shifted into his fox form and bolted out of the barn in the direction he had heard the gun noises from earlier. Telling himself that he had to stop whatever was about to happen immediately, Kitai found himself moving much faster than he ever had before in his fox form.

In almost no time flat at his newfound speed, Kit arrived at the scene to notice a ghostly man holding a rifle, and it was when he saw that the rifle was being pointed at Kaede that he yelled out, "No," before jumping at the man and sinking his fangs into his arm. After hearing a pained cry, Kitai suddenly felt the man jerk his arm back trying to free himself from the grip his teeth had on him. Despite his best efforts, Kit could only hold on for so long before his grip loosened enough that when the man swung his arm, Kitai was thrown off, landing on the ground next to Kaede with a whine.

After the ordeal, Kit was laying on the ground, breathing heavily before looking up at Kaede and asking her in Japanese, "Kaede-San, daijoubu desu ka?"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Quinn Kingsley - Arachne Descendant ~
- Ceresa Farm -
- Evening -

Quinn had once again busied herself with trying to make a rough sketch of something. This time, it was the odd-looking grass patches. When an artist had nothing better to do, she drew, right?

Still, something had been nagging at her all evening. Even since they had stepped through the gate as a matter of fact. She couldn't quite place it. It was little more than a feeling, a vague sense of impending doom, but she couldn't shake it. Quinn did her best to put it out of her mind while the group worked.

In all likelihood, the grass was a dead end. It was weird all right. Oddly shaped, irregular patching, no pattern that she could sense to the way the grass was deformed or the color of the patch. But there wasn't much else to go on besides weird. No footprints, no residue, no leftover objects or human remains or anything. Just festive colored grass. This would be another one for the "Unsolved Mystery Locker" for sure, she'd bet her lucky eraser on it. And not the one shaped like a cat either, the bunny one.

None of the others had any ideas either. Everyone was preoccupied poking around for any clues. Probably a bit too much so. If something was out here, it could probably sneak up on them unnoticed.

Quinn put the finishing touches on her close up on the grass blades and made a few notes on the opposite page, on which she had sketched a simple diagram of the "crime scene". Just in case. With odd myth stuff like this, you never knew when the odd details might make or break the case. She was just about to call Daniel over to compare notes when something rang out in the dark.

It sounded very much like a gunshot.

Panic gripped her by the throat and Quinn dropped to the ground, frozen in place. Had one of the other's been hit? Who was out here shooting at them? Too many questions to keep track off started buzzing through her head like a swarm of bees. She took a deep breath to calm herself, but gasped it right back out when she saw the gunman step out of the shadows. he looked... pale. Deathly pale. Definitely not a normal human. But what worried Quinn more where the two oversized dogs the guy had with him. At least, they looked like dogs. If their owner was some sort of monster, who knows what they really were.

The dogs charged and Quinn felt herself squeeze into the ground. She hated big dogs, especially angry ones that wanted to rip her to pieces. But the dogs jumped on her friends, one on Kaede and the other on Daniel. She had to do something, had to help them, but she was terrified right now. Luckily, Lanaya was quick to save Kaede, and Daniel seemed to be able to handle himself as he tossed the dog off of him. But the gunman was still up and he was aiming right at Kaede.

Quinn was on her feet immediately. Dogs were one thing, but scary gunmen she could handle. The young girl was a blurr of motion as she raced towards the gunman, her feet somehow taking on every hole, rock, and bump on the ground without ever slowing down. She brought her hands down toward her chest and started moving her fingers through the air, willing the webs to come.

Like the others, Quinn had been a victim of what she had dubbed "SOS" syndrome, and had gained the ability to create spider webs out of thin air. Which was great news considering where webs usually came from on spiders. Thankfully, her powers were working with her today. She could feel the web weaving together between her hands, forming the shape she needed. The moment she felt she was close enough, she lashed out a strong rope made of web. It latched onto the gunman's rifle and pulled it down just as he fired, sending the bullet into the dirt instead of her friend.

Only problem now was, he was mad. The gunman turned towards Quinn now, murderous rage in his eyes. Unfortunately for him, Quinn's little distraction kept him from noticing the fox that was leaping through the air at him. Kit (or at least, she was pretty sure it was him, hard to tell in the dark) hit the man like a wild beast and latched onto his arm. The man cried out and struggled with Kit for a moment before finally launching the fox boy off of him. Kitai had given Quinn enough time to end this however, while he wrestled with the gunman, Quinn had been weaving more webs.

"Leave my friends alone!" Quinn shouted as she threw out her hands, covering the gunman in layer after layer of net like webs that clung tightly to his frame and to the ground. In moments, the gunman was wrapped up like a mummy and lying on the ground.

"Are you guys okay?" Quinn asked the others.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
Ceresa Farm

"I don't like it," Alain with disdain, "Cats, I mean. Something about the way they stare... They're planning something, it's creepy!" He finished his statement with a swig of the drink he brought with him. André couldn't help rolling his eyes. He liked cats. They are elegant, cute, and are just as capable of being loving and loyal as dogs were.

"Speaking of which. you guys can vouch for me to Mr. Hawkshaw, right? I was definitely here, and I contributed to whatever the rest of the nerds are doing right now." Alain went on before his face became serious. "S... Should we perhaps call the police? If there are dead people here, I mean?" he asked, taking another swig.

Derek chuckled, and shook his head. "Nee, nee, not human corpses. Just animal ones," he said with a smile. "Nee, just animal corpses. Not exactly something I have interest in." André nodded in agreement. Why on earth anyone would want to see the bodies of dead animals was beyond him.

Suddenly, the limo shook and then it felt like they were moving backwards. André looked out the window to see that they were in fact going backwards. André was confused. Why would they moving? André didn't instruct his driver to go anywhere, let alone go anywhere backwards. Then he smelled smoke, along with a very bad smell, and that's when he knew something was very wrong. André looked through the window to the driver's side, and André didn't like what he saw. Although, it did explain where the bad smells were coming from. The dashboard was on fire, and his driver was unconscious, most likely dead because of that awful smell coming from him. André frowned. He rather liked this driver, he was handsome, good at his job, and looked really good in the pink uniform. It was going to be difficult to find somebody to take his place.

Derek had also seen what André had seen, and he didn't seem happy either. "Zo, you know how I said that there were no human corpses? I might be a little wrong about that, and we might have something of a proble--"

BAM. Something had hit the limo from behind, stopping it with a sudden jerk. Derek tumbled back, crashing on top of André. André couldn't help laughing, despite the seriousness of everything going on. Derek's face flushed a bright red, and he muttered something before backing off. He didn't know what that was, but at least the car was stopped. "Okay, zo the dashboard is on fire, and we should probably leave," he said, trying to open the door, but it wouldn't open. Which was strange, because André knew he hadn't locked it when he came in. "Or, we could not do that, I suppose."

André did his best to stay calm. This wasn't a problem at all. He tried to tell himself. It was like something out of a movie he was in. He always came out out of these situations unharmed in the movies. Except, this was real. They were in actual danger. André took several deep breaths and tried to figure out a solution, but nothing was coming.

Fortunately, Derek seemed to have an idea. He looked at André. "I apologize for what I'm about to try to do here," he said with a small smile. He clasped his hands together, and formed a ball of pure white light. Derek fired a beam of light through the door, knocking the most of it out of place. The rim of the door was still held solidly to the limo, but the bulk of the door had been blasted off into the fields. "Meet you outside," he said to Alain before grabbing André's hand, "Komen!" He pulled André up and out of the car through the hole, taking him away from the car and pulling him closer.

André breathed a sigh of relief. "Merci beaucoup!" André exclaimed as he threw his arms around Derek, and gave him a kiss on his lips. He was glad to be out of there unharmed, even though in the movies, it was him that did the saving, and rarely was it ever the other way around. He wasn't too worried about the limo, as he could easily get another. He was more concerned about the driver. "I am sad about Percival though... He was a good man... How did this happen? And where is Alain? He still has not come out!"

Right at that moment, Anima came running in with a fire extinguisher, and sprayed foam at the burning limo, putting out the fire. Alain was now covered in foam, but alive. André couldn't help giggling a little bit.

He then heard a cat screech, and saw Sullivan picking up the cat they had seen earlier by the scruff of his neck. Then all of a sudden the cat was on fire. André's eyes widened, and he let out a gasp "Mon dieu!" He wasn't sure what was going on, or what to even do at this point.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Alain Irving
Dionysus Descendant
Ceresa Farm

"Nee, nee, not human corpses. Just animal ones," Derek said with a smile. He sighed and leaned his head back. "Nee, just animal corpses. Not exactly something I have interest in.". Sure, because this was something to talk this casual about. Alain shrugged. He disliked dead things, regardless of what they were. Real partybummers. Regardless, they were on a farm, so a cat shouldn't really pose as a too big of a threat. Probably.

As if on que, Alains thoughts were proven wrong when the Limo started drifting backwards. The look on Andres face indicated that this was unintended, and the atmosphere in the limo suddenly turned rather sour. The rising panic just got worse when Alain started to smell smoke. Swell, if movies had ever taught anyone ever, anything, it was that, when you're in a car and smell smoke, you probably have like.. Not too long left to live. Derek decided to stand up in the small space to have a look at what went on ahead, climbing over Alain in order to do so. He held his breath as he did to cover his breath. No need for unnecessary deaths so soon.

"Zo, you know how I said that there were no human corpses? I might be a little wrong about that, and we might have something of a proble--", Derek started before being cut off. The limo stopped with a rather violent jerk, sending Derek flying backwards. alain managed to smear himself to the wall so he wasn't hit. Andre, however, wasn't as lucky. "Okay, zo the dashboard is on fire, and we should probably leave," he said, trying to open the door, but it wouldn't open for some dumb, oddly convinient reason. "Or, we could not do that, I suppose...". Great. Just great. No way alain wanted to die in any way not rekated to the most awesome party in the history of ever, and certainly not in a pink Limo. He sighed in a distressed tone while massaging his temples, trying to come up with a solution. why didn't he have awesome super strength like some of the other nerds had? All he could do now was... Ah, yes! He took a huge zip from the bottle of whatever. The other could figure that out. time to test the limits of his new alcohol tolerance.

While this was going on, the other two was quick to thinking, and came up with a solution. Derek used his mojo to fire off some sort of light through the door, making a hole in it for them to escape through. Oh, great. they were saved, kinda. Derek hauled Andre out in some heroic manner, and Alain waited for him to return to him, which.. he didn't. Well? Bummer.. He sighed and exited the car just as he heard Andre exclaim that he hadn't gotten out of the burning car yet.

"yo. No worries, I live." he said with a very carefree tone. "Thanks for the rescue, Der.". He quickly looked around. The one nerd had gotten a fire extinguisher. Alain took a step to the side and ma naged to dodge it. She was pre-occupied with the still burning limo, a good thing, really. Much more longer and they would've all been toast. Alain took a few steps away from the limo, in case it did a Michael Bay and exploded all over the place.

The next thing that happened was somewhat weird. They heard a high pitched scream, and saw that Sullivan had picked up said cat from before. The cat then suddenly caught fire. It took a few moments for this view to impact Alain. "Newp!" he said when it finally hit. "No. No. I'm outta here." he said as he turned around and walked towards the road, holding out his phone, trying to dial for a taxi. Unfortunately for him, there was no service here. Of course there was no service here, that would have been too easy. No, he had seen this movie before, and he knew what happened to kids stranded in a place with spontaneously combusting pink limos and cats, and allthough he didn't fit the tropes for the kid that died first, he knew that guys like him always met their fate in a rather grousome way. He threw his phone to the ground in a fit of rage before drinking up what was left of his rum. He then grumpily walked over to the others again with his hands in his pockets, murmuring to himself.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Kaede ‘Maple’ Shonozaki
Nekomata Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Evidently, she had forgotten about the gunman. Why was she so easily distracted these days?

“KAEDE, DODGE!” Daniel’s voice assaulted her ears, and Kaede instinctively dove to the side, turning around as she did so so that she was facing her enemy. The bullet whizzed over her head and turned another patch of grass blue behind her. As she fell, she saw the dog that had attacked her earlier lying on the ground, not quite dead yet but most definitely dying. It tried to bite at her, but didn’t have enough strength left to cross the distance between them.

Before she could get to her feet, a fox leapt out of the darkness and sunk its teeth into the man’s arm, causing him to make a rather undignified screaming sound and throw the fox off. As the fox flew through the air and landed beside her, Kaede saw Quinn trowing webs at the man. With a shout of ‘Leave my friends alone!’, she tied the man up, looking very much like a mummy. Kaede could tell that he would be immobile by now - there were just too many of those webs.

Sighing, she turned back to the fox, whom she recognised as Kitai. He was breathing very heavily, and looked hurt. “Kaede-San, daijoubu desu ka?” he asked, his voice sounding somewhat tired.

Seriously? She thought, somewhat annoyed at this whole affair. Is this save-Kaede day or something? Just because I’m a frail-looking girl means I need to be protected from everything?. She had never liked her frail appearance, and she certainly didn’t appreciate the fact that everybody seemed to have taken it into their heads that she needed saving. Seriously. She could take care of herself. She managed to show none of that on her face, however. After all, these people did appear to care for her (caring is easy to feign), so she had to at least appear to care for them.

“Dai-joubu desu~.” she replied, putting extra emphasis on the first syllable out of habit. She got to her feet and, after glancing at the forest to make sure the gunman wasn’t a threat for the time being, went over to Kital and sat down next to him, concern in her eyes. As she did so, her cat ears disappeared back into her head and were replaced with her normal, human ones. She had noticed that she tended to act more irritable and ill-tempered when she had her ears out, so she made sure to return to normal before she talked, at length, to others. “Are you are right? You look hurt…”

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lola Carter
Queztalcoatl Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Daciana, who'd been chewing on the corpses, seemed to mull over the poison theory. She seemed well enough though.

Anima commented that she could see ghosts, but there weren't any, until she looked outside. . . and they apparently started attacking her and the others. That was odd, Lola would normally make a note, but this was kind of disturbing. She snapped her notebook closed, gazing in wonder.

Somewhere in the distance, a shot rang out. Okay, maybe things were really getting out of hand. A bit freaked out, Lola skirted the fight and stumbled towards the doorway of the barn. Athletic as she tended to be, fighting ghosts seemed like a losing prospect. Outside, the blonde boys were bailing out of Andre's limo, which appeared to be rolling backwards and on fire.

Lola knew she could summon gusts strong enough put out fires. But that hadn't ended so well last time. She didn't really know that she could do anything to help.

A couple of gold bucks rammed the limo, stopping it. Anima ran past Lola with a fire extinguisher. . . which if one knew their history, it made a lot of sense that there was one in the barn. She proceeded to put out the fire.

Sullivan grabbed a nearby cat, which immediately burst into flames. . . but was put out quickly as well. Right, couldn't someone in their group control fire?

Lola made her way over to Anima and the boys, “That. . . was something. . . Is everyone okay?”

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Road Outside Ceresa Farm

Sullivan examined the cat. Although he was unfamiliar with cat species, and couldn’t tell what it was, that was hardly of any consequence right now. The thing that made him uneasy was the fact that it had two tails, very much like the cat Kaede transformed into. Hm… he thought, intrigued but not surprised by this sudden development. That would mean that it’s a Bakeneko, or a Nekomata… Sullivan’s father had made sure that he knew his way around all of the mythologies of the world (like the good, myth-obsessed pseudo-scientist he was), and he was finding this database of information in his mind very useful.

The instant his hand made contact with the cat, it screeched loudly, as if the contact caused it great pain. This surprised Sullivan enough for his right hand, which was the one that was touching the cat, to flare up in a kind of golden flame, causing the cat to screech even louder. He had been lucky - the instant his hand and become engulfed in this golden aura, the cat he was holding set itself on fire. Yeah, that’s right. It set itself on fire. The fire didn’t seem to be harming him too much - all he felt was an extremely intense but by no means unbearable heat. By now, Sullivan had figured out that this golden aura would protect him from almost anything, and was effective against fire. A quick observation of the flame told him that if he hadn’t activated the aura on reflex just then, he would be suffering some pretty severe burns.

The instant the fire flared up, it died down immediately, leaving Sullivan holding a screeching cat in the air. It hadn’t stopped screeching, and was obviously not very comfortable up here (understatement), but he was in no mood to let it off the hook after it had nearly burned his hand off. Ignoring the cat, he turned around to see that in the few seconds he had been distracted by the cat, a lot had happened without his notice.

For one, the fire in the car had been put out by the girl he recognised as Anima, who was holding a fire extinguisher in her hand. It was still covered with fire-extinguisher foam, but at least the fire had been extinguished. All three of the blonde guys were all right, which was good. He didn’t want his servants - I mean, sheep - I mean, ‘friends’ being hurt by a fire. Unfortunately, while they were all physically fine, they seemed somewhat shaken.

André, the resident rich-guy movie star and the presumed owner of the destroyed limo, was standing there staring at him, saying "Mon dieu!”. Argh, the french. Sullivan had never liked French - it was too dramatic and associated with romance, things that Sullivan didn’t appreciate. Romance allowed people to look away from the cruel reality of the world and get lost in a fantasy. It was for those that couldn’t accept or ignored the fact that this ‘love’ people spoke so highly of was only a biological mechanism to aid the proliferation of the human race.

"Newp!" Alain exclaimed, as if he had suddenly just realised what had happened. "No. No. I'm outta here." As he did so, he turned around and walked down the road, evidently trying to make his escape. That was probably a bad idea - in situations like these, where he had just been under attack by a supernatural creature, it was probably best to stay in a group. He took out his phone, presumably to call a taxi, but, failing to do so, threw it on the ground and returned to the car looking very annoyed.

Another person - Lola, that was her name - made her way over. “That. . . was something. . . Is everyone okay?” she said, somewhat hesitantly. Sullivan gazed imperiously at everybody around him, and, deciding that holding a loudly screeching cat with a hand covered with golden fire was enough to have gotten their attention, spoke. Normally, he would have just walked off to the side, his curiosity satisfied, but since this cat was likely to do something bad if he let go of it, he had to stay here, at the center of attention.

With a sigh that sounded like that of an impatient professor trying to explain his theorems to a five year old child, he started talking. “So, look what I caught.” he said with an indifferent tone, shaking the Nekomata (or Bakeneko) a little bit to further accentuate his point. He then passed his gaze over each of the people in the vicinity before tilting his head to the side slightly, never taking his eyes off the evil cat spirit. After a brief pause, he put on the tone of a schoolteacher telling a child to work through a difficult problem by themselves and continued. “What do you suppose we do with it?”