• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythos: The Return of Magic - RP Thread

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Ceresa Farm

"Dai-joubu desu~.” Kaede replied in response to Kit's question, she then sat down next to him with a concerned look in her eyes as her ears switched from cat ears to human ears, something Kitai admittedly wished he could make his ears do while he was in his human form without having to resort to casting an illusion over himself, before she asked him, "Are you all right? You look hurt..."

Hearing her tell him she was alright made Kitai happy, but he couldn't very well show it in his fox form, so he managed to get himself into a sitting position and shifted into his human form, he then changed his position from the one he was in while sitting in his fox form to the fetal position as he looked at Kaede through the one eye not being covered up by his hood with a relieved smile on his face. "Hai, I'm okay. I'm just a little tired, that's all."

He wasn't just sugarcoating with the 'I'm just tired' part either. Kitai has never been known to deal with fatigue of any sort when dealing with physical activities. That's not to say that it never happens, but Kit usually appears to have enough stamina to keep him going for a while at least, far more so than how quickly he began to feel tired from his confrontation with the ghosts. Yet, jumping out of the way of a charging goat was all it took to make him feel a slight lapse in energy, one that he's still feeling especially after running as fast as he did in his fox form and then wrestling that ghostly gunman shortly afterwards.

Speaking of which, Quinn appeared to have dealt with the gunman after his scrap with Kit, as the gunman was now trapped in webbing that Quinn herself had conjured. Once she had done that, she asked, "Are you guys okay?"

"I'm alright," Kit started in response as his long, bushy fox tail moved side to side on the ground behind him, "I'm just feeling a little tired somehow...I...don't usually feel tired from stuff like this, but after a ghost attacked me in the barn I...felt a little drained. I think that ghost did something to me to make me feel tired...Did the same thing happen to anyone else?"

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Christine Lefévre
Persephone Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Christine knelt down and started looking at the grass, studying it intently, noting its unusual colour as well as how it had contorted. In fact, she was so focussed that she had no idea what was going on around her. “Curious,” she mumbled under her breath. “I don’t think I’ve ever come across grass like this before – and that’s saying a lot coming from me…” she decided that the best thing to do was to take a sample with her – maybe it could be studied further at some point.

“Are you guys okay?” Quinn’s voice suddenly broke Christine’s concentration and she looked over her shoulder, smiling.

“Oh, I’m positively fine, why do you…” she trailed off when she finally saw the man trapped in webs on the ground. “Oh.” Christine rubbed her forehead. “I… I guess I must’ve been focussing too much on the plants again,” she said in an embarrassed tone. “Sorry about that!” she pointed towards the grass. “While I don’t think there’s much to say about the grass, I do feel that maybe we should take a sample with us – we might be able to find out something else if we’re able to study it properly, right?”

Adriana "Ana" Vasile
Vlad the Impaler Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Ana watched as Daciana made her way into the barn, part of her wanted to go with the older girl, but her nervousness overrode everything. Admittedly, she was kind of jealous of her – she wished it could be as easy to accept drinking blood for her, but no matter how she tried, she just couldn’t muster up the courage to be more open about it.

The girl pondered for a minute about what she was going to do, and got an idea. She clicked her fingers and, as if conjured from the darkness, a black bat wearing a pink ribbon appeared from the trees. It swooped down to land on Ana’s shoulders and she flinched involuntarily. It was going to take a long time to get used to being around bats, it seemed. “Princess,” she told the bat. “I want you to fly around the farm and see if you can find anything weird. Come back to me as quickly as you can, okay?”

Princess squeaked and nodded. Rushing up into the air and soaring across the night sky within seconds.

((OOC: Ahhhh I’m sorry my characters are kind of useless here right now))

rotrum

Ice Cold
Devin Howe
Pluto Descendent
Near Ceresa Farm -> Ceresa Farm

Devin hadn't forgotten about their little night excursion. He'd decided to dress in black shirt, shoes, and shorts for the occasion. The dark felt safe in some ways. He wasn't late either! He just...arrived and then drifted off to play around with his powers while they were waiting for everyone else to arrive. Everyone knows rule one of superpowers is to learn how to fly with them, and that was precisely what he'd been trying to learn the past two weeks. He'd tried laying a bill on each of his soles, standing on coins, surfing on spears, combinations of the above for enhanced stability, and...well, basically everything he could think of. The effort wasn't really worth the output so far, but he was optimistic.

He kind of lost track of time. And then a gunshot rang out in the distance. In the direction of the farm. He lost focus and the shield he was standing on fell. He regained his bearings and smoothly rolled over and hopped back on his feet. What on earth could be happening? Now that he thought about it...he could vaguely feel the shudder of death over there. That wasn't there before. He hesitated briefly. He jumped, the shield sliding under his feet. He braced himself and flew over as quickly as he could.

By the time he'd could begin to make out what was going on, a second gunshot had already fired, and by the time he actually made it on the scene, it seemed to have been wrapped up. Literally. In webs. The shield disappeared beneath his feet and he landed, taking in the situation. He shivered and stumbled a moment after landing. Not from any cold. He was a bit tired, yeah, but what was getting to him was the sense of death permeating the area.

He exhaled deeply and tried to make sense of what he saw. Was it...ghosts of animals fading away? Was the man Quinn bound also a ghost? Why was Andre's limo trashed and being extinguished? And then there was Sully holding a cat. Just another day for the Supermyth club...Yep.

Well, whatever happened, it looked over now. He stretched a bit, scratching the back of his head with one hand. "So...what I miss, guys?" He said a bit loudly.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Unexpectedly, before he was even close to the ghostly gunman, Quinn appeared out of nowhere and snagged his rifle, making him miss his shot. Of course, the gunman got made but he didn't get any chance to do anything as a golden fox--Kit, if he remembered correctly--lunged on him and bit his arm. His scream was rather undignified for a man like him as he thrashed around to get the vulpine off him.

He succeeded in that, but then it was Quinn's turn to lunge at him as she managed to push him onto the ground and wrapped him up in her webs. By then, Daniel was right beside athletic girl, with Kit, now human, Kaede and Lanaya not too far off. Quinn asked everyone if they were okay and they answered in reply. It was at this point another member came along. It was Devin, and Daniel recalled that he was one of the first ones he saw when he arrived on the farm. He decided to let his question of where has he been slide as Devin asked what happened.

Then the ghost spoke.

"You fools! 'Tis a demon cat, that woman! Can you not see it?" he said, as he struggled against his binds. The ghost looked at Daniel. "You are a knight, are you not? Why have you let that monster live?"

Daniel narrowed his eyes, his rage spiking again. He had no idea what made him think he was a knight, a title he most definitely didn't deserve, or Kaede a demon, but he wasn't having any of it. He kneeled down near the man.

"If anyone's a monster." He raised his fist. "It's you."

With all his strength, he struck the undead man on the head. There was no sound. Soon, the body faded away and Quinn would find herself, and her webs, on top of nothing. Daniel panted, his hand still on the ground where he struck the ghost. He closed his eyes. He did it again, he let his anger get to him. Not even the fact that the man had already died and his friends could have died alleviated that fact.

He soon stood up and looked to Devin. He said to his question, and somewhat indirectly Christine who he just realized was nearby, "That ghost tried to kill us."

Daniel looked at the spot where the the bullets landed and saw his flashlight, which he had discarded during the scuffle, shining its light on the spots. As he thought, the grass looked just like those weird patches, all brown and blue. He went up to his flashlight and picked it up.

"And it seemed to have been the one to kill the animals. But I highly doubt that the Ceresa family will believe such an explanation."

Then squinted his eyes. Was it just him, or was there something purple glowing in the distance? He thought for a moment, before realization dawned. Disregarding the others, he ran straight towards the fire.

Meanwhile, Ana's bat Princess flying above would see several things from its vantage point. One was the group of people who got attacked by the gunman. The other was the goat heading back inside the barn. The last was the big bright purple flame near the somewhat trashed limo.

Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Anima flinched upon realizing that the body she soaked actually wasn't Alain but, in fact, the dead driver. She felt bad she did that, even if was from good reason and was accidental. It was enough that the guy was dead. She didn't need to do more to his body other than a burial, which he wholly deserved for taking death so well as far as she could tell. After all, instead of taking his time to accept his death, he saw his old employer in danger and tried to help. Though there was the question of how he knew she could see him.

Her thoughts returned to what started them, which was the cat that was probably the one who killed the guy from what he said. It did help that the cat was practically glowing red, thought where its heart is was still the brightest part. It also had two tails. If she had her facts straight, that meant it was a nekomata or that other evil Japanese cat yokai. That would explain the fire. And the limo. Okay, maybe the limo was more on Derek and Lexa, from those golden stags still there. Anima jumped when the cat actually spoke.

"You...not...protect...human...forever...gods..." it said in a very hiss like voice. Its eyes looked at each and every one of them. Then its eyes landed on Anima. She had a bad feeling about that. "Die dog of death."

Next thing she knew, she was on fire. And it was hot, to say the least. She failed to notice that the cat went limp from that. Instead, she quickly stopped herself from screaming, dropped and rolled on the ground to try and starve the flames, but it wasn't working. Deepak tried to help by extinguishing it but it only worked for a few second before she was back on fire again. It helped a little bit thought, that it didn't constantly burn her, but still. Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be put out by normal means.

If Derek payed attention, he would feel as if something was tugging him towards Anima. He can't see it, but that tugging was in fact the dead Percival trying to get him to Anima. The crow was also cawing at him and gestured to Anima.

It said, "BLAST UNHOLY FLAME! BLAST IT! USE YOUR BRIGHT LIGHT!"

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Mana Ghul
Cursed by the Evil Eye
Salle

Rubber soles squeaked as fencers jumped back and forth, lunging their weapons and dodging swords. The practice had started after school and worked its way into the late hours. The swords clanked with each parry, and cheers after each successful thrust. After a night of practice and play matches, Mana and his sparring partner could finally leave the Salle. They chatted about light topics; homework, dating, music, and funny stories while they showered and changed into comfortable post workout clothing.

“So, I heard about the terrible date night from Samantha.” Mana said as he whipped on some deodorant

“Crap, how much did she tell you?” his partner asked him as he untied his shoes.

“Haha she told me that you totally forgot your wallet and that you got a parking ticket.” Mana replied with a chuckle, pulling on a loose tee shirt.

“Damn, I’m probably not getting a second date.” His partner moaned as he sat down and buried his face into his hands.

“Don’t worry,” Mana said as he stood up and picked up his bag. “Samantha’s cool. She’ll give you another chance so don’t worry!”

His partner looked up hopefully, “Do you really think so?” The two laughed and finished getting dressed. After walking out together, they waved as they parted ways.

Mana grabbed his yellow bike, throwing his smaller things into the basket on the front, and kicked the kickstand up. He sped past a few parked cars that were waiting for their children and made his way to a nearby back road. Despite his lack of commitment to the club, he was more curious now due to the reveal of their powers. His pastel green windbreaker flapped in the wind as he biked down the dimly lit road, and some of his favourite songs spilling out from his phone.

Mana Ghul
Cursed by the Evil Eye
Road Leading to Ceresa Farm

The roads were pretty empty on the back roads, Mana only stopping a few times for cars and animals that would jump in front of him. He noticed Evil Eyes flying from house to house on some streets, while other streets were much calmer. When he neared the farm, he already knew it would be a regrettable night. Gunshots roared to life and a loud crash rang out. By the time Mana arrived, he saw a smoking pink limo and one of the most cursed students in the high school.

André had a constant presence of Evil Eyes surrounding him every time Mana saw him. It was no surprise. He had money, looks, fame, and could somehow steal anyone’s boyfriend if he wanted to. Andrea was the typical mean gay with an equal number of fans and enemies. Being under the public eye was bound to attract endless Evil Eyes. Before he came too close to his peers, he summoned his powers. His eyes shined a brilliant blue, releasing the strong scent of roses that caused the Evil Eyes to violently vibrate and jump to Mana. Before they could come near him, they bounced off and faded away. A few of them managed to stick around, attaching themselves to some of the farm crops. He suppressed his powers, then approached his club

“Hello everyone, sorry I’m so la-” before he could finish his phrase, a purple flame engulfed Anima. She was rolling on the ground, and he could see pain on her face. He quickly reached into his bag and pulled out a rapier and his fencing mask, quickly putting it on. With his face covered, he once again activated his powers. The scent of roses coated Mana, and chained to Anima in an attempt to choke the flame.

He scanned the area in an attempt to find the source of the flame, spotting the limp cat close to the ground near her. He took a defensive stance in front of the cat, ready to strike should it make a movement. His rapier was rather simple, with a saber style pommel, a leather hilt, simple rectangular handguard, and a long but thin blade.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Kaede ‘Maple’ Shonozaki
Nekomata Descendant
Ceresa Farm

As Kitai reverted back into his human form and assured her that he was all right, Kaede slipped her headphones over her head, muffling the sound of the world around her once more. She preferred it like that - without these comforting barriers between her sensitive ears and the hubbub of the outside world, she’d be constantly stressed out and unable to keep up her easygoing and happy facade.

Quinn, who had tied up the gunman earlier, had asked everyone whether they were all right or not, to which Kitai responded by saying that he was fine, but suspected that the ghost’s attacks had a draining effect on them. Kaede blinked and nodded in response to that - so it wasn’t just her lack of physical aptitude that caused that sensation of fatigue… That’s… interesting, to say the least. Her adopted father (who she considered her real father, if only because he was better in comparison) would certainly be pleased to hear of this.

She sighed and smiled contentedly, this time genuinely. The night had always calms her, especially when there was a small breeze. She preferred to be alone, but she could disregard that. Unfortunately, the bound man’s voice interrupted her thoughts and changed her content smile into a rather less pleasant facial expression.

"You fools! 'Tis a demon cat, that woman! Can you not see it?" he screamed, struggling frantically. As he finished with his sentence, Kaede could already feel memories she had suppressed to continue her current existence beginning to surface, emotions that she had hidden away, from both herself and others under her facade of cheerfulness beginning to find their way back into her psyche. Blurred faces and voices, memories from her distant childhood or lack thereof, began to cloud her thoughts. Oni. Your father would have… Yokai… You… Disgrace to your family… He’ll be displeased with us… Stay away… Go… Disconnected words floated through her mind, uttered with tones of severity, depression, terror, burning anger. Images of a collapsing, burning building, fields on fire left and right, the elderly and blurred figure of her grandmother concerted with a demonic rage…

She was snapped out of her reverie by the sound of the world assaulting her ears with renewed ferocity as her human ears morphed once more into those of a cat, displacing her protective headphones, which slid back down onto her neck. She could feel her pulse quickening as she was overcome by a strange hatred for this man, and even more so by a growing sense of terror, fuelled even further by the light of the fire in the limo. Her hands were clenched into fists, her sharp fingernails biting into her skin, through the fabric of the glove on her right hand. She couldn’t see herself, but she could feel her hair flying out in all directions in a way that was in no way justified by the faint breeze that was blowing. A strange power coursed through her veins, sending her emotions into turmoil. A strange pounding in her ears, like a drumbeat, began to grow louder and louder…

She came back to her senses a few seconds later to find both her hands desperately covering her two cat ears. She had missed Daniel running towards the fire, missed everything that had been happened after the man had called her a demon. Where the man had been lying, there was only a growing, ethereal flame that burned with the intensity of a forest fire gone out of control. She blinked. Her hands were no longer clenched, and where there was a maelstrom of confusion, anger, and surprise before, there was only a surprising feeling of dread as she realised that the flame had no doubt been caused by her in her temporary lapse of… she wasn’t sure what to call it. Loss of sanity, maybe? While previously, she had hoped she’d be able to get away with it in the darkness since it didn’t appear she had moved much, this ethereal fire pretty much blew all of that hope away with the wind.

She opened her mouth to say something, but couldn’t find words for it. On instinct, she turned around, morphed into a cat, and disappeared into the darkness, running towards the general direction of the fire.

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Now that the gunman had been restrained, the group seemed to be taking the opportunity to relax. Kaede was sitting next to Kitai with her headphones on and with a content smile on her face. However, whatever peace of mind the group was able to gain for the moment was shattered when the gunman spoke.

"You fools! 'Tis a demon cat, that woman! Can you not see it?" He said amidst his struggles, then turned his gaze towards Daniel. "You are a knight, are you not? Why have you let that monster live?"

Demon cat, Knight, what was the gunman talking about? Kaede and Daniel never came off as either of those things, at least not to Kitai. Could it have something to do with their powers, and if so does that mean the gunman knows why they have them in the first place?

"Kaede isn't a-"

Kit's words were interrupted as Daniel struck the ghost in a fit of rage over what he had said telling him, "If anyone's a monster, it's you," causing him to vanish like the animal ghosts before him.

After the gunman disappeared, Kit noticed Kaede was looking distraught, as if some kind of suppressed feelings her beginning to surface in response to what the man said. Her ears had changed into cat ears even though she had just changed them back into human ears not long ago, and her hair seemed to be moving as if on its own with no regard for the strength or direction of the wind.

"Kaeda-San?" Kitai said to her in a concerned tone. Suddenly the ground the gunman was once on burst into a ghostly flame, prompting Kit to instinctively raise his arms in a defensive manner in response, surprised by the fire's appearance. Looking at it afterwards, it reminded Kitai of the fire he was able to conjure a bit.

His focus on the fire was broken however as he turned back to Kaede and saw that she was now trying to cover her ears for a moment before she had a look of dread on her face, seemingly of the fire before her. Kit then watched as she appeared to try and speak, only to instead turn into a cat and run off.

"Kaede-San!" Kit called out to her before turning back into a fox and running after her, worried about her safety as well as her current state of mind. "Kaede-San, matte kudasai!"

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Arsinoe "Arsi" Quayle
Embodiment of a Phoenix
Ceresa Farm

Arsinoe continued to fly overhead, she looked down at the figures of her friends and acquaintances investigating. She wished she could be of more help, but the dead haunted her mind. She knew what it was like to be dead and she didn't want to have to think of it when she looked at bodies, no matter what condition or species they may be.

She glanced down at Lexa, her best friend followed her on the ground, around 15 or so feet below her. Her golden stag trotting along calmingly as it followed the movements Arsinoe made. It was odd being able to become a bird like this, but relaxing none-the-less. She smiled, feeling relaxed for the first time in forever.

That was until she heard the gunshot. She gasped, swerving through the air with rapid motions. Were they aiming at her? Had the family seen her flying and thought she was a threat? She felt her heart beating through her chest. Was this it? Was she gonna be shot out of the sky and die? Would she be able to come back this time? So many questions rushed through her mind. She scanned the figures, not able to see where the gunshot had come from.

Oh no. A singular thought and feeling ran through her mind.

She was exhausted, and her phoenix form was beginning to falter. She may actually come crashing down if she can't land quickly. She flew downwards with urgent speed, landing fairly hard against the grass in the field. It charred slightly where her body landed, leaving a burning smell where she had hit.

Her form gradually became more human again, her wings became her arms again, her legs became human, and her tail disappeared. She lay in the field on her stomach, looking at Lexa. The distance between them had grown slightly and she knew that the girl was probably terrified for her safety. She raised a hand as if to say, "I'm alright, I'm great." Before laying her head down on the grass, exhaustion forcing her to shut her eyes.

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Road Outside Ceresa Farm

Sullivan was quite surprised at what had just transpired. He had just given the cat a rather vigorous shake when it suddenly spoke, it’s voice full of contempt and hatred.

"You...not...protect...human...forever...gods..." it hissed, sounding almost snake-like, and passing over every single person gathered around the limo. They were burning with some sort of inexplicable rage. Sullivan glared back at it when it was his turn, but the cat seemed to just pass him over in favour of Anima. "Die, dog of death."

The instant those words reached his ears, Sullivan instinctively sprang into action. He knew that the cat was about to do something that would be troublesome, and he wanted to avoid having to deal with the fallout if possible. Almost immediately, he turned around and slammed the cat down onto the ground, hoping to knock it out before it caused any damage. The cat bounced on the impact, and lay limp there, on the road, seemingly unconscious.

Unfortunately, he had not been fast enough. Anima, who it had been staring at previously, was being incinerated by a bright, supernatural purple flame. She was rolling around on the ground and screaming in pain, trying to put it out. It appeared that she wasn’t quite successful, and the flames refused to cease to exist. D-pack, who had helped extinguish the burning cat before it could hurt Sullivan, was trying to put the fire out, but whenever he tried, it would reappear seconds later, burning with the same intensity.

Sighing like a student who had just gotten extra homework from a disagreeable teacher, Sullivan turned away from the unconscious cat and walked towards Anima at a brisk pace, a grimace on his face. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a Mana, who had arrived just now, pointing a rapier at the limp cat, who seemed to be quite harmless for now. Deciding to ignore it, Sullivan reached down and grabbed Anima, who was still rolling around, by the shoulder, forcing her to stop.

“Stay still and don’t move.” he said, his voice emotionless but carrying a strange power to it, like the voice of one who wields great power. It demanded complete obedience, and would not stand for anything else. He felt no need to explain what he was about to do. There was no need, and to be honest, he wasn’t quite sure how to explain it. All he knew was that supernatural fire disappeared when he touched it. Sullivan growled somewhat discontentedly, like a honourable gladiator who had just been forced to use underhanded tricks to keep himself alive in an unforgiving arena. As he did so, his body seemed to come alive with a golden fire, and his clothes began to flap a bit, like they were being blown by the wind.

Suddenly, the purple fire which had just been extinguished flared up again. Seeing his chance, Sullivan yanked Anima into a standing position and performed the action that would allow him to have as much contact with the fire as possible - gave her a hug. The fire obviously did actually burn, and he didn’t want to have to deal with the burns or the lecture he would receive if he allowed her to slowly combust while patting the fire down. As he did so, the golden aura that protected him seemed to surge over Anima, burning up and disintegrating the purple flame.

The entire process lasted a few seconds at most, and when it was finished, Sullivan immediately stepped back and waited for the fire to reignite. When it didn’t, he seemed to relax a little, like a cop who had just caught a troublesome robber. The fact that he had just embraced a girl, an action that had various implications, did not cross his mind. To him, that action was no different from leaning on a heavy door to open it, or tearing a piece of paper in half. There was nothing to it that was in any way strange, as long as the goal was accomplished. The expression on his face was the same as the expression on the face of a student who had solved a simple but rather tedious math question.

With his job done, he turned around and slipped his hands into his pockets and let out a sigh, like a musician that had just finished a very long and tiring performance.

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
The ground told him that something was wrong. It was strange, to say the least. A heartbeat from miles away. No. It was closer. As the commotion settled, Lanaya would look into the distance behind them. Something else was happening while they had their own troubles here. In the air, the scent of Glory beckoned to the boy. Nay, it was not a scent, but a feeling. Something drawing him in. Glory would not be the word to describe it. Maybe something like "Royalty"?

Ignoring this however, Lanaya proceeded to walk towards the now-vanished gunman. He lowered himself, right in front of the man's face. Or well, where it would have been if not for that reckless punch. He stared, and breathed. A ghost, appearing before them? A sign of something big. A ghost, one that was setting out to hunt a... "Demon Cat". In Lanaya's mind, he stressed the word "Demon". There was something odd with that statement. He disregarded the rest, for it was none of his concern. Demons were supposed to be inherently evil, or so he had read. There were some that were just mischievous, but still, were considered evil.

Given that the man took aim at Kaede, this would mean that Kaede was "Evil" in his eyes. Whatever powers she had obtained, was it from a Demon Cat? Much like his own and everyone elses' the source of their power was unknown.

Strange.

It was soon after that Kaede began to react. At the same time, an ethereal flame burnt at a distance. The same place he felt the strange Aura. Lanaya turned, and saw the some of the other club members run towards it.

Lanaya would be the last to move, after Kit had left. Instead of following to the Fire, Lanaya went deeper into the forest, unseen by the others. To his disappointment, nothing remained but trees and the wind that blew the heat of flame towards him. Finding a small patch of unaltered grass, Lanaya would begin. He sat on the ground, feeling the grass around him. There was nothing left here. And Information would be what he needed. He would want to understand the situation before taking any action.

Closing his eyes, Lanaya felt the earth around him swallow him up. The ground trembled and quaked. Maybe the others would feel a strange tremor, or maybe not. Whispering, the boy would call out to the land. It's heartbeat echoing through his mortal body. Like the ichor of life slowing through oceans deep, mud, rock and soil would congregate around Lanaya.

As he seemingly melted into the ground below, a low, bellowing growl would resonate through the woods.

Erupting from the earth, the smooth golem of rock would walk forward towards a tree, drawing down a simple but rough map of the area of events and where each strange occurrence took place. Soon after, the golem would break apart, setting Lanaya gently down onto the ground.

He took one glance at the map, made of lines, circles and crosses, before walking towards the flame. Kaede jolting off was a bit of a worrisome thing, as well.

There wasn't much to remember, but he now knew the outline of the Farm in it's entirety. Instead of taking the route that the rest of the guys went with, Lanaya strolled through a bit of a curve. One that would lead him to the Fire faster. And inevitably, to Sullivan.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Ceresa Farm

Oh, the fire hurt a lot, that was for sure. In her mind, she was worried she might actually die. She didn't want that, but try as she might, the stupid flame wouldn't go out, and she was running out of air. But then she felt a hand on her shoulder, stopping her movement. She heard a voice. She knew that voice. It was Sully's. She barely heard exactly what he said but complied anyway. Not that she had much choice. Then the next she knew, she felt Sully pulling her up and felt his body against hers in a hug.

Immediately, her vision of bright purple was replaced by a bright light--whether it was gold or not, she really couldn't tell with its brightness. But what she did notice was the pain stopping and slowly going out. Anima finally breathed in and relaxed into the hug. She panted and stayed still, her eyes somewhat lidded, not really wanting to move any time soon. After several moments, and Sully apparently making sure the fire wouldn't come back, she was let go and Sully went back to looking as nonchalant as he usually was.

Anima took a deep breath again. That was something she didn't want a repeat of. Then she flinched when the she felt the breeze against her skin. The fire had made her skin really sensitive now. She wondered how badly burned she was and if the adrenaline was just lessening the pain right now. But one thing was for sure, she was going to have to do a some explaining. But first she looked to Sully with a weak smile, tired from what had happened and the time of day.

"Thanks, Sullivan," she said, calling him by his proper name for once.

Then a new voice came in.

"Anima!"

She turned and found the club's very tall secretary arrive, looking absolutely panicked. She couldn't help herself from chuckling. The guy was almost always worried about everyone and she meant everyone, even though he knew they could take care of themselves. Well, most of them. She wasn't exactly the best example, but she still could. Either way, because of this, as soon as he was near, she said, as cheerful as usual,

"Hey Danny. Guess you saw that fire, didn't you? Don't worry, I'm fine now, thanks to Sully. Also André, Derek and Alain. Though I did get a little burned. I think."

She glanced towards the the first male in question. She was a little bit curious why Danny made a confused face for a moment but that quickly disappeared as he sighed then attended to the wellbeing of the three others.

"Are you guys all right?" he said to them.

After they answered, Danny then turned his attention to her and carefully put a hand on her shoulder, placing it on her shirt. She was thankful for that.

"Come on, let's get you inside the Ceresa's house and do something about your burns," he said as he started leading her to the house.

But then another voice came in, this time someone only she could hear. At least, as far as she knew.

"Anima?"

She stopped walking and faced the ghost. Her still tired smile ended up a little wider.

"Hey, it's you. Good to see you're all right."

"I could say the same for you, but it's not like I haven't done what you did before," he said. "Well, minus the being burned part."

Anima chuckled. Then Danny spoke.

"Anima, who are you talking to?"

She looked to him and saw his expression looked like he'd seen a ghost. Wait. She blinked, and the ghost driver did to.

"You can hear and see me?" he said.

That pretty much was the same thought in her mind. Danny then took his hand off her shoulder for a moment, then he put it back on.

"Apparently I can, if I'm holding on to Anima."

The driver blinked again and then he smiled.

"Well, that makes things easier. Um... I know you gotta get her burn healed up soon, but I don't really know how this death thing works so...do you think she could help me speak with André for a bit?"

"Sure I can," she said.

A few moments passed and then Dan sighed and let go of Anima. She then went close to André and said,

"Hey, André, someone you know wants to talk to you."

Then she put her hand on his shoulder, ignoring the brief surge in pain from her sensitive skin. She then proceeded to stay quiet as the driver talked to his former employer.

"Hello Sir André. I'm glad to see you're well," he said, his smile soft and relieved. "Don't feel bad about me dead. I'm honestly fine." He paused. "But I was wondering if you could do me a little favor. My older sister will probably be asking questions and somehow find a way to speak to you directly. How she does it, I have no idea, but she has done it before. So if you could, since I feel your group wishes to keep this quiet right now, could you tell her I died without regret and was happy to work for you, even to my death. And if you can..." He pointed to the limo. "...have someone give my necklace to my sister. She would want to have something from her brother still with her."

Anima couldn't help but find the guy likeable. He reminded her of a knight.

Whatever happened, Anima eventually ended up in the Ceresa's house. They were worried at what happened and Anima made a story that Daniel eventually told to the rest of the members to keep up the cover. Some of them had found the pack of coyotes that had been attacking their livestock but then they were chased around and ended up making the limo, which André had called in, crash and start the fire. She got burned while trying to put it out then Sullivan came with the fire extinguisher and took it out.

After a little first aid, Anima was sent to the hospital to be extra sure she was fine while Daniel dismissed everyone to their homes or wherever they would go. But right as Devin and Christine were about to leave, they would both easily notice a man in a pink prince like uniform looking at the two in particular curiously. And how he seemed to be glowing. It was Percival. Though they might not be surprised or the like considering Anima and then André were talking to him earlier and they might've noticed him then.

Chapter I:

Welcome to the World

Complete!

Info Unlocked:
Ghosts - Short Info on Mythological Figures

Power Levels Increased! Please refer to discussion for details (which will be up in a bit).

Chapter II:

A Storm Approaches

Right now, everyone from the Super-Myth club were probably going through their morning routine and their daily lives. Whether what happened last night affected it varied, they still went about doing their thing. That is until, at about nine to ten in the morning, one of their phones rang. Whether it was their personal phone, their house's or even a family member's, they would speak to someone they knew on a phone.

If it was Anima, it would go like, "Meeting at eleven at the clubhouse. It's an emergency." before she quickly hung up.

If it was Daniel, it would go like, "Anima wishes to have an 'emergency' meeting in the clubhouse at eleven. It has to do with the news this morning." He would answer some questions they might have as best as he, a bit nervous and worried sounding as he did, before politely disconnecting from them.

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Drake Estate, Living Room

Daniel knew his face looked grim. It was like that for a long while after his mother died...because of him. And as such, he wasn't surprised when his sister came to him as he sat in the living room, asking him if he was all right. He was tempted to tell her all about his powers and the real reason they were investigating the farm last night, but hedidn't want to out the club. He was sure not all of them wanted their powers known, and he was sure his sister would start connecting the dots. She was a rather cunning girl when she wanted to be.

So instead he said that he was worried about Anima, which wasn't a lie exactly, but he still felt like telling her. Though, admittedly, he wasn't really sure what he would say, but he wanted to say something. After his sister left, he decided to take his mind off of things, if only for a moment, by turning on the TV. He instantly sat up straight on his seat.

"Breaking news: at about six in the morning, there was a sinkhole in the middle of St. John's Church during mass. Ten people died while ten more were injured. The area has been sealed off and construction workers are--"

The report was interuppted by the sound of the family phone, making Daniel ignoring the reporter. He stood up and picked up the phone, already knowing who it was.

"You saw the news too, didn't you?"

He could imagine Anima's surprised face on the other end of the line.

"Uh yeah. Anyways, let's do an emergency meeting at the clubhouse at eleven. We have to check it out."

Daniel sighed but he agreed nonetheless. He then started calling some of the numbers he knew. He hoped they wouldn't mind meeting up on a Sunday.

At eleven o'clock, anyone arriving at the clubhouse in the forest at that point would see Anima already there (for once), pacing around, apparently trying to wrack her brain for something. She looked fine, though she looked as if she was sun burned. They would also notice the messy pile of notes on the table nearby, apparently having everything and anything about the incident at the church this morning.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Quinn Kingsley - Arachne Descendant ~
- Quinn's Room -

Quinn couldn't sleep. Not after what had happened yesterday.

She knew that these powers, these magical abilities herself and the others had manifested, had to have some sort of cause. These things didn't just happen for no reason. But to suddenly find herself in a world where super powers hit like puberty, ghosts and evil spirits tried to kill her classmates, and the abnormal was becoming decidedly more normal, was enough to make her head spin even if she was a part of the super-myth club.

Even worse, someone had died last night. Just what was she getting herself into?

Quinn flexed her fingers, conjuring tiny wisps of webbing that slowly and effortlessly formed a little snowflake between her fingers. And then there was this. Of all things, why spider powers? But the webbing wasn't the half of it. She also couldn't trip. It was noticeable, but easily forgotten in last night's chaos when her feet somehow held her upright after smacking a rock or hitting a pothole. But she had been so exhausted coming home at Lord-knows-when-o'clock that she had tripped right over her threshold and somehow wound up standing in the foyer of her house perfectly upright. Then she tested it on the stairs and sure enough if she wasn't actually trying to hit the ground she just sort of wouldn't fall. It was like a reflex.

And then she had gotten up this morning, grabbed a pencil, and tried to sketch something from her dream. And the resultant picture of what she assumed was some sort of temple was so far out of her skill level that she didn't even believe she had drawn it. Much less after waking up and not even getting a pop-tart or a coffee.

But by far, the absolute strangest and most annoying power she had been given started showing itself right after she single-handedly destroyed four hours of decorating work at the school festival.

"Can you open the window for me madam?" a tiny voice said from somewhere on her nightstand. Well, it wasn't a voice per say. But Quinn got a strong impression of those words from that general direction. Sort of like hearing a thought pass through your head, but you're pretty sure it wasn't yours.

Quinn sighed and crossed the room, cracking the window just a hair. The little house spider gave what she swore was a respectful curtsy. "Thank you your grace." And with that, the spider crawled out under the cracked window and through a little hole in the screen.

That was Antoinette. She liked to go out in the mornings to bask in the sunrise or whatever it is spiders do at exactly 9:17 AM every three days. For whatever reason, Quinn could talk to spiders now. And not just that little one either. All spiders. Everywhere. And they all treated her like royalty, but also asked for blessings or favors. Like somehow, Quinn had become the patron saint of spiders or something.

Do you have any idea how many spiders are out there? In Quinn's house alone, she had counted at least 42 of them. There were no less than 13 in her room by itself. And out in the world, they were EVERYWHERE. She was only glad she could talk back to them without actually speaking or people would have thought she'd gone completely mental by now.

Maybe she had. Quinn rested her face in her hands. Once again, just what had she gotten herself into? She needed breakfast, she decided. Then she would try to figure this out. Priorities.

A short while later, Quinn was back upstairs in her room, a half drank cup of coffee and the remains of a wild-berry pop-tart on her desk. At least her spider subjects had stopped asking her if she wanted their flies or gnats as food offerings. That had been a stressful first week.

Her phone began beeping out a cheerful rendition of Beethoven's 5th in 8-bit. Don't ask about the ringtone. Quinn quickly grabbed her phone, but before she could say hello a voice snapped out: "Meeting at eleven at the clubhouse. It's an emergency." and promptly hung up.

Well, good morning to you too Anima. Something had happened somewhere.

Time to be a hero she supposed.

Quinn quickly gulped down the rest of her coffee and munched the last bite of her toaster pastry, threw on something presentable, tied back her hair, and bolted out the door to the sound of 42+ spiders wishing her safe travels.

-+-+-+-

- Super-Myth Club HQ -

Quinn arrived to find Anima, alone surprisingly and looking a little impatient, pacing around the Rectangular Table. It wasn't a Round Table you know, so.... never mind.

No one else seemed to be here yet, and Quinn did a mental high-five to herself for beating them all. It was still ten-till eleven, so she was technically early, but darn it a win was a win.

Quinn looked over the table-full of scattered notes. Something about a collapsing sinkhole at a local church? Then looked back up to Anima who was looking a little... crispy.

"Everything okay?" she asked Anima. Quinn started going through the notes as her friend responded. "Seems like things are getting serious. I'm guessing you want to investigate right? Me too."

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Taylor Family Mansion, Living Room.

Sullivan was sitting on the couch, slowly popping potato chips into his mouth, when the news about some sinkhole appeared on the screen. He ignored it. A sinkhole in this little town couldn’t kill that many people, after all. Probably around a dozen at most. What were the lives of a dozen people he didn’t even know to him? Not much. Instead, he spent the time musing about the happenings of last night.

When he had returned, Kaede was already home and sleeping rather fitfully in her room. His father, thankfully, seemed to have gone to bed before she had arrived, so he wouldn’t think anything was wrong. Out of curiosity, he had remained in his adopted sister’s room for a while, listening to her murmur disconnected words and sentences in her sleep, and managed to piece together a theory based on what she was saying. If there was one weakness his sister’s facade had, it was that she often talked in her sleep. And what she said was almost always quite informative. This time was no exception.

Managing to deduce that she had caused some sort of accident back at Ceresa Farm, he had walked all the way back to the farm to find out what it was. With her powers, which he knew included burning things, it would be bad if something had gone unattended. He arrived to see a ethereal blue fire similar to the one he had put out on the faithful night when his powers awakened burning on the ground. Relieved that there hadn’t been some sort of disaster, he had put it out and walked back home. By the time he had returned, it was past midnight.

He had slept for a bit, then woke up and went about his business as usual. He had never needed much sleep, so he was functioning fine with the meager four hours or so he had gotten last night. His father had woken up early and was downstairs in his lab again, doing who-knows-what. Kaede was still asleep, although she looked a good bit more at peace than she had been the last time he checked in on her.

He popped another potato chip into his mouth, chewing on it slowly. If yesterday had been any indication, they were all involved in something extremely interesting. Perhaps he ought not to write off the entire sinkhole incident as insignificant - god damn it, is that the phone?

Sighing and a little irritated that his train of thought had been interrupted, he sauntered over to where one of the many phones around the house was located and picked it up, prepared to give whoever was on the other end a good talking-to. Unfortunately for him, this ‘whoever’ happened to be a very excited Anima. "Meeting at eleven at the clubhouse. It's an emergency.” she said, very quickly, like she was in a hurry to get somewhere but had to make some calls first. Before he could reply, the line went dead.

Sullivan looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was ten thirty. With a sigh, he turned around and walked up to his sister’s room, with the intent of waking her up.

Kaede ‘Maple’ Shonozaki
Nekomata Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

Kaede was still half asleep.

She had no idea what was going on. She had ran all the way home, fell asleep immediately, had a nightmare or two, and before she could say ‘meow’, had been dragged down the stairs by her temperamental adopted brother and all but carried to the clubhouse in the forest, where Quinn and Anima were waiting. She hadn’t felt this drained since that sports day a few years ago, when she had had to attend despite a rather high fever. She decided that it was probably because all the events yesterday had worn her out. After all, she had had to fight a gigantic bull-dog, dodge bullets, and set fire to some psycho - wait, don’t think about that. It’ll give you a headache.

Sullivan, who had basically been carrying her, dropped her unceremoniously into a chair at the side of the room and sat down besides her, nonchalantly watching as Anima and Quinn talked. Unlike many of the others in this little club, she didn’t possess an unlimited supply of energy. Normally, a coffee or tea was enough to wake her up, but she was more tired than usual, and her supposed ‘older brother’ hadn’t bothered to make any tea or coffee. By the time the others had arrived, she was asleep again, dreaming about setting unicorns on fire.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Renard Household

After waking up following the night the investigation in the Cereza Farm took place, Kitai was laying in bed thinking over what happened that night. After she ran off Kitai had chased Kaede until they had come across a mansion, which he presumed was where she and Sullivan lived. Thinking she would be okay now that she was home, Kit decided to leave her alone and went back to the farm. He arrived in time to see everyone getting ready to leave, and he had also seen the dead body in the burned up car and found out the Anima had actually been set on fire, supposedly by a strange cat. Considering everything that happened from the dead bodies, the ghosts, and the fact that some of his friends were nearly hurt or killed, the young teen was lucky to have been able to sleep that night.

As he lied down awake in his bed, Kitai let his tail sway back and forth as he looked at his fingers, which he lit with blue fire as if they were lighters. The flames didn't hurt him of course, they only burned whatever he wanted them to and left anything else alone. Though looking at the flames he could conjure he couldn't help but notice a resemblance to the flames Kaede could conjure. In fact, Kaede and Kitai had very similar abilities like controlling ghostly blue fire and being able to turn into animals, different animals, but still. As he thought about it, Kit noticed that their abilities were very similar to Yokai from Japanese mythology, namely a Nekomata and a Kitsune, but the idea that that's what they were seemed impossible to him, although there wasn't much he would consider impossible after everything that he's been through over the past couple weeks.

"It's morning now. Time for you to get up, Kitai." The family cat, Diana, told Kit as she got up, having been previously laying next his head where she slept throughout the night, her back arching upwards as she stretched. Kitai had gotten used to his ability to speak with animals, it was perhaps the one thing he was thankful to have. He had always liked the idea of being able to communicate with animals, and now he can.

"Alright, Diana," Kitai replied before getting out of bed and getting dressed. Afterwards he stood in front of the mirror in his room and looked at his ears then his tail before focusing until he saw them turn transparent, and then a pair of human ears appeared on the sides of his head where they were before he got his powers, which to him were also transparent. At least that's how Kitai sees them, anyone else that looks at him now will see his ears as solid, normal human ears while his real fox ears and tail will be invisible to them, as will the holes in his cloths that they're meant to slip through. This reminded him of one ability Kaede had that he wished he did, as she was able to make her body appear completely human without resorting to illusions like he did, illusions that he had to maintain through concentration. Granted, he has noticed that keeping the focus necessary to keep his ears and tail hidden has only gotten easier and easier with time.

Once his illusion was cast and he looked just like how he did before getting his powers, he left his bedroom and headed downstairs. There he saw his father, Alex Renard, watching the morning news, and he appeared to be particularly interested in what they were talking about, of which as soon as Kit saw what it was he couldn't blame him. Apparently a sinkhole opened up in the middle of St. John's Church, with people getting both killed and injured.

After the story was finished, Alex sighed before turning his head and noticing Kitai was with him. "Oh, Kit! Good morning!"

"Morning, Dad." Kitai replied before glancing at the TV and asking, "Something happened again, huh?"

"Yep, first the school two weeks ago, then the Cereza Farm, now this...Seems like a lots been going on lately," Alex said before suddenly his phone rang, prompting him to reach into his pocket and answer it saying, "It's me.....Alright, I'll be there soon." He said before hanging up and letting out another sigh, he then told Kitai, "That was the station, they want me to come early to help with that sinkhole fiasco..."

"Are you gonna be home late again?" Kit asked his father after hearing this.

"Hopefully not. Compared to the last couple things that've been going on, this looks pretty normal. I'm sure they'll let me come home at a reasonable time for once." Alex answered before approaching his son and placing a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry to have to keep leaving you alone like this, Kit."

"It's okay, Dad." Kit replied. "Just don't work too hard, okay?"

"I wouldn't worry too much this time, kiddo. It's just a sinkhole." Alex said in reassurance before getting his coat and police badge and heading for the front door. He opened it and turned to Kitai telling him, "Be sure to take care of yourself while I'm gone, alright? I'll let you know when I'm off. See you soon, kiddo," before heading out the door and closing it.

"See you soon, Dad." Kitai said in the last few seconds before his father left. Within a few seconds he could hear a car door open and close, followed by the sound of a car engine being revved. Once he couldn't hear Alex's car anymore, Kit let out a lonely sigh, wondering what to do today when he suddenly heard his own phone ring. He took it out and saw that it was Anima before pressing the answer button and bringing it to his ear. "Anima?"

Immediately afterwards, Anima said, "Meeting at eleven at the clubhouse. It's an emergency," and then quickly hung up before Kitai could say anything.

Now knowing that a meeting is taking place today, Kit sighed and made sure the house's alarm was on before starting to head out.

"More business with that club of yours?" Diana asked as she watched from the back of the couch Alex was just sitting on.

"Yeah, hopefully it won't be as dangerous as last time." Kitai answered with a hint of cautious optimism in his voice as he headed for the door and opened it, then telling the cat, "I'll see you when I get home, Diana. Be good!"

"Be good? Come now, child, I am always well behaved!" Kitai could hear Diana say proudly in response as he closed the door and locked it. Once he was outside he walked around the neighborhood until he saw a blindspot where he was sure no one would see him. He immediately walked over to it and shifted into his fox form, in which he bolt at top speed all the way to the clubhouse.

Super Myth Club HQ

Once he made it to the clubhouse, Kitai changed back to his human form and knocked on the door a couple times before entering. There he saw Anima, Daniel, Quinn, Sullivan, and Kaede, who appeared to be asleep, had gotten there before him. Feeling comfortable inside the clubhouse in the forest, Kitai let his illusion fade, revealing his fox ears and tail to everyone inside as he smiled and gave a light bow saying, "Konnichiwa! Hello, everyone!"

As Kitai walked up to the table, he noticed Anima, who appeared to be sun burned and, more importantly to Kit, lost in though, prompting him to ask, "Anima, are you okay?"

When he reached the table, he stood next to Quinn and said, "Hi, Ms. Quinn, what are you..." Kit's question trailed off when he looked down and saw the papers littered throughout the table. Kitai picked one of the papers up and looked through it, at which point he realized they were notes on the sinkhole that opened up at the church earlier today, causing his ears to drop towards his head a bit as he realized his hunch on what the meeting was about was most likely correct.

"I heard about this on the news. Dad was called in to help out with it..."

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
Bellamy Mansion

André woke up late on Sunday morning. A lot had happened the previous night. Mainly, that his limo driver went up in smoke, and his driver was dead. The first wasn't as much of a problem. he had other pink limos. The death of his driver was more of a concern. One of his other servants would drive in the meantime until a proper replacement could be found. What was more shocking was that André had spoken to his ghost, or rather his ghost had spoken to him. He said something about his sister getting in contact with him, and some other stuff. At the time, it was shocking to be speaking with a ghost, let alone one that was happy with being dead. He was so young, how could anybody be ok with dying when they still had so much life left to live?

He didn't spend too much time dwelling on sad things for very long. Namely, to get in touch with Derek. He hadn't spoken with him since escaping from the burning limo. André got out of bed, and went downstairs to his dining room, where his staff had already prepared his fabulous breakfast that was already waiting for him. As per usual, his parents weren't home. André was used to that by now. They were busy people with busy lives, they didn't have time to sit around eating breakfast on a sunday morning with their son like families usually do in movies. André tried not to let that fact bother him, but it still did...

It was a lonely breakfast, until his phone rang. André happily answered, It was Anima, who said there would be an emergency meeting at the clubhouse at eleven, then quickly hung up before they could actually have a conversation. Well, at least now he had something to do today, and Derek would probably be there. So, after he finished eating his breakfast, he hurried up to his room to get dressed. André took a long time to get ready, so he needed to start right now if he wanted to make it to the meeting in time. Fortunately, he already knew what outfit he wanted to wear.

---

Super Myth Club HQ

André pulled up to the clubhouse in a new pink limo, driven by a different person. André gracefully stepped out of the limo, and took a look at himself in a compact mirror to make sure everything was perfect. Which, of course it was. Today, he was wearing a frilly pink dress, with matching pink heels, and a fancy wide brimmed hat on top of his head. Also on his head, was a long and wavy blonde wig, and was wearing a touch of make-up on his face. He accessorized with diamond and pearl jewelry. André could very easily pass for a cute girl.

He confidentally strutted into the clubhouse like he was walking the runways in Paris. "Bonjour, mesdames et messieurs!" André declared, as he flipped his hair. He knew he was getting weird looks from some of the other members, and he honestly didn't care what they thought. "Did you all think Derek was the only man in this group who wore dresses? Think again!" He looked around, and was disappointed to see Derek hadn't arrived yet. So, he took a seat on the closest chair. "So tell me ma chérie. Why have you called us all here?"

VPByHBe.png

Last edited:

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Swoop!

The air broke apart as the arrow traveled straight and true. Bulls-eye. Lanaya sighed to himself, twirling another arrow upon his fingers. The night was restless, and as such, the boy would not sleep. Two maids clothed in archery attire stood by his side, watching; no, inspecting, his every move.

Two more to go. He thought to himself.

Lanaya pulled up the arrow, readied it up. Taking aim at the target, he released. The arrow curved slightly, hitting slightly to the right of the center. Archery wasn't his forte, but it was something that interested him quite a bit. The Maids were surprisingly skilled. They were skilled in every single skill, hobby or topic that even remotely caught Lanaya's attention. Reaching over for the last arrow, Lanaya dropped his bow.

Positioning himself similar to how one would throw a Javelin, the boy closed his eyes.

He felt the earth shift and move around him, it's energy flowing into his body. Lanaya opened his eyes, redirecting the force to his hand, and then to his arrow. The wood which formed the body of the arrow would begin to grow. Tendrils of vine sprouted from it's sides, rock would form around it's tip. Strengthening his grip, Lanaya threw his arm forward, and the earthen lance would be shot forward.

The projectile collided with the target, shattering it into bits as if it hit glass. Piercing through the layered foam, the lance would smash into the wall, lodging itself firmly in place. Lanaya looked on, and made the Lance crumble.

The Maids quickly took over, cleaning up the place and picking up debris. Looks like Lanaya was alright today, as the Maids would come forward to teach him if he had lost some skill. Nodding to himself, Lanaya exited the Archery room and headed to the living room. Neither the school nor his clubmates (Which were basically the only people he interacted with), knew of his home. Another house was constructed before Lanaya even enrolled into the school. About a 50-minute walk away, quietly tucked away from the rest of society, at the edge of a forest. It wasn't large enough to be considered a mansion, nor was it small enough to be called a house. Honestly, it's somewhere in-between. It lacked the more lavish amenities such as a swimming pool or a home theater.

Shedding off his archery attire and lying on the sofa, an extremely late dinner would soon be served to him. There were 4 Maids in total here, two were currently cleaning while one was asleep. The final one was the Head Maid, tasked with appeasing Lanaya's every need. Luckily, the boy was easily satisfied. Her name was Leuwolf Lugh, or "Wolf", which was what Lanaya called her. She came in swiftly as Lanaya began to relax, a bowl of soup in hand.

"French Onion, Master." Her soft voice would say.

Lanaya nodded, as he sat up. Wolf handed the bowl of soup to Lanaya rather casually, without the real essence of a maid. The latter would drink it down as if it were water. No utensils needed. Wolf noticed this, and chuckled silently. Once Lanaya was done, she grabbed the bowl off him and wiped a sliver of liquid off his chin.

"I'm tired." Lanaya breathed.

"Shall I bring you to bed?"

"This is fine enough. Leave me be, and prepare for tomorrow."

"If you wish, Master."

The young lady bowed, and took her leave.

Lanaya would eventually fall into a deep sleep, mentally exhausted from using his powers. He had been accumulating the fatigue since the Farm incident. Soon, all but the Maids would be quiet.

The following morning, Lanaya would be informed of the meeting, and after his morning routing, the Maids sent him off. The boy walked alone till he reached civilization, where he proceeded straight to the clubhouse.

He entered silently and quickly, making not even a sound. Maybe some wouldn't even notice his entry. There was bound to be one or two that did, though. Lanaya took a seat at a chair near the middle of the room, not too far yet not too near. He glanced over at Kaede once, the words of the Spectre from the day before still in his mind. Discarding them for now, he closed his eyes and waited for the eventual energetic girl to make her speech.

Or something along those lines.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Super-Myth Club HQ

Anima wasn't one to worry much. What was the point in it? She could only prepare for the future if she focused on that day. It made things easier and simpler. It also made things a lot less stressful. She wasn't so sure how worried she was now, but she was pretty sure she was very worried. After all she was pacing, she knew that was something very, very worried people did. Now she understood why. She wanted to do something--anything--but sit down. Not that she did that often, but that wasn't the point. She felt she should do something but couldn't.

And apparently, she truly was wrapped up in her worry as she didn't notice Quinn was in the club house until she spoke. Anima stopped in her pacing and blinked at her. Then she looked at the piles of papers of diffeent kinds on the table. She frowned at Quinn's question.

"Yeah. Especially since one of my brothers were one of the people who got injured," she said, uncharacteristically somber.

She sighed. Being Roman Catholic, her family went to church on Sunday as often as they could. They woke up early today and were going to attend the early morning mass as normal. It was almost the end of the mass when the sinkhole collapsed. Thankfully, they were near the entrance and so they were able to get out, but her eldest brother got hurt when he pushed her out of the way of a falling piece of debris. She was terrified that he died but she calmed down soon as she didn't see his ghost.

But that wasn't the only thing that worried her.

She looked to the entrance, seeing a familiar ghost coming in. Percival shook his head.

"Sorry, Anima. I couldn't get down there. Apparently the afterlife doesn't give you levitation," he said.

After that incident, she tried to see if there were any ghosts and found none. True, it could be they couldn't find a way out, but she was pretty sure she would have seen them at the bottom of the sinkhole. Even Percival didn't see them. Speaking of the driver, after last night, the guy had been following her around. He said he also felt like following this other guy who also part of the Super-Myth club--Devin, from what Anima could guess from what Percival decribed--but didn't really feel like it. He said he found her nicer. He also answered her question on how he knew she could see him. He said that it was because she gave off this light grey glow that could be seen pretty far. It also looked like the silhouette of an anthropomorphic dog.

Now that was what worried her the most. She remembered what the Nekomata had called her right before she was lit on fire. It had called her dog of death. And she just happened to be able to see ghosts and apparently she could be easily seen by ghosts from Percival's words. What was more, it just happened to look like a dog, just as the stupid cat said. And if it was accurate on that, what about the other thing it called them? It had also called them gods and that they wouldn't be able to protect people forever. That had doomsday prophecy written all over it. It also made her wonder if it was referring to them as gods. If that was true, what did that mean?

And she got caught up in her head again as she didn't notice someone else near her (and others not near her) until they asked if she was fine. This time it was Kit. She sighed, leaned against the table and put her hands against her face.

"No, not really," she said. She lifted her face from her hands. She still had her frown and worried look in her eyes. "I was there when the sinkhole happened. My eldest brother got hurt saving me. He's fine, but in the hospital right now."

She was going to continue talking and elaborate a bit, until she realized she didn't recognize one of the people in the room.

"Hey, who's--"

Percival was quick to answer.

"Oh, it's just André," he said with an amused smile. "He does that sometimes. Looking like a girl."

Anima blinked and shrugged. She was more focused on her worries to let her mind wander. Now what was she doing again?

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Tree Clubhouse of Super-Myth Club

Daniel was concerned for Anima. He'd never seen her so worried. Actually, he'd never seen her worry at all. The happy-go-lucky girl always seemed to have a smile on her face and didn't let things bother her a lot. Though she came off uh...mentally challenged at times, what with her being forgetful and seemingly being oblivious to the most obvious things. But now, he was surpsied to see her before he arrived at the clubhouse, she was pacing and barely noticed anyone around her unless they're talking to her specifically. True, she sometimes did the latter, but that was when she was tinkering with machines and usually happened only once, not twice in a row, in this case, first Quinn--who he wasn't surprised was here before he was--then Kitai.

Then there was Kaede. She arrived--well, more like got dragged by Sullivan into the clubhouse not too long after he had entered. She had looked exhausted. Okay, that might just be because she was Kaede, the girl who didn't seem to last too long despite being so cheerful like Anima. But Daniel couldn't help it, especially after last night. She almost got killed and then she was called a demon by that ghost. How dare he. Nobody called any of his friends that. Nobody.

Daniel blinked and looked at his hand, which had added another dent to the arm rest of his metal chair. He sighed. He really hated this temper of his. It was going to get him in trouble again at this rate. So he turned his attention back to Anima seeing as he wasn't sure how to help Kaede out. Besides, she was sleeping now and he didn't want to disturb her. He'll just tell her whatever thry're going to discuss in a few moments. If Sullivan didn't beat him to it that is.

Speaking of discussing, Anima looked like she was about to do that until he saw André. She was about to ask and then she suddenly stopped, looked at air , then shrugged. From last night, he had to guess that it was the driver's ghost again. He sighed again and stood up. He walked over to the table Anima stood by and looked at all her notes. It seemed she had pretty much gathered everything and anything about the sinkhole this morning. The time, the date, the people who were killed and the people who were injured. She even had notes on some of the policemen on the scene. He wasn't too surprised when he thought about it, seeing as she mentioned her brother got hurt. It was more personal now.

But those weren't the only notes. She had written stuff about dogs and death and ghosts. Some of it looked like she was piecing together some sort of puzzle. What caught his eye was the one paper that had notes obviously showing her confusion on...having an aura of some sort that looked like a humanoid dog. The other was...

"Anima, what's this about you, Sullivan, Lexa, André, Derek, Alain and Deepak being gods?" he said.

He adjusted his glasses to make sure he was reading it right. Indeed, that's what the several pieces of paper said. It said that they might be gods or something.

"Oh, that. Well, again, I'm not sure since it was just only the words of the nekomata last night and--"

"Wait, it talked?"

"Y...eah... I was creeped out too. But, anyways, it really hated us badly. I mean, it was glowing red."

Daniel stared at her confused about the glowing part. Thankfully, Anima noticed his silence and gaze before she continued.

"Oh, forgot to tell you guys. You see, if I focus, I can like, see how people and animals can feel and other stuff. That stuff comes in different colors. Like hate and anger look red to me. I can also tell if someone's lying. It looks like aquamarine covering whatever they're feeling at the time."

Well, that was convenient and useful at the same time. Apparently she wanted to mention everything she could do before she forgot, again. Now she continued to the previous topic.

"So, anyways, it was glowing red and then it started talking. The first thing it said was we 'gods' can't protect people forever. Then it told me to die and called me the 'dog of death' right before it set me on fire. Well, I didn't think much of it at first until Percival--" She gestured to the spot right beside her. "--told me that he found me because I had this grey aura that looked like a dog on two legs. So...maybe that's why it called me that. And if that's true, what did it mean when it called us gods? Are we gods or something? And what did it mean when we wouldn't be able to protect people forever? But, well, you know, I don't have a lot to go on so those--" She pointed at the papers he held. "--are just wild guesses from me."

Worried wild guesses, Daniel thought as he noticed the face Anima made.

"And is that it?" he said.

"Yeah, that's it. At least for the cat. Now, that's not why I called for a meeting, right? Well, here's what I called it for. I think that sinkhole wasn't an ordinary sinkhole and I wanna know for sure. Why? I saw the souls of the ones that died from the stuff falling from the ceiling but not the ones at the bottom of the sinkhole. So I think there's some creature down there that woke up or something and did that sinkhole to absorb souls or something."

Why wasn't Daniel surprised about this? He took out his pocket notebook and wrote down some of the things she said, particularly her powers on his list of members like he did with everyone else, himself includled. He looked to the others.

"So, who wishes to join Anima in her investigation?"

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Alain Irving
Dionysus Descendant
Casa Del Alain

Somehow, Alain survived through the freak-fest that was the clubs little expedition. nobody was home when he returned, so he just closed up the house and went straight to bed. Falling asleep was easy, if not tired from all the partying finding place that week, he was pretty exhausted from the expedition to the farm. He was also surprised how little people cared about the man that actually died in that fire in that pink limo. Not to mention all the other weird sh*t that had found place right afterwards. It was only a stroke of luck that his phone magically started functioning properly again in time to call for a taxi home.

Surprisingly enough, he did manage to get in a decent amount of hours with sleep, before gracefully oversleeping the first 10 alarms on his clock. It wasn't until his phone started ringing that he bothered checking the time. It was Anima, and she sounded somewhat impatient. Something about an emergency meeting at the nerd club? Sounded fun, but it was early, and Alain took it as a personal insult not to sleep until noon, at least. What time was it anyway? Eh, early-o-clock. He sighed. The nerd club could manage without him, he silently doozed off again, until a creeping sensation flew over him. What if they snitched on him to their teacher? He sighed in dismay as he tried to step out of the way too comfortable bed. there was something about sleeping in on sundays. Made it more difficult to get out of bed. Especially since he was meeting the nerd club, likely to discuss whatever went down at the farm.

Super Myth Club HQ

Not too surprising, Alain seemed to be among the last ones to arrive at the clubhouse. He grumpily wobbled into the room and didn't bother hiding how tired he was, or how unhapy he was about being there in the first place. He found a chair next to Andre and had a seat. Well, this person looked like a blonde girl, or more or less Andre if he dressed like a girl, which he had done that day, apparently. Alain paid him no attention, and leaned his head on his arms while looking over at Anima, anticipating her to reveal why she assembled the gang like this. Was it another one of the meetings where they discussed their awesome powers? Did they plan on another exciting expedition to some desolate place of doom and mystery? Whatever it was, Alain disliked the Scooby Doo vibes he got from the entire situation. Awesome powers or not, his own were just annoying. what's the fun in being able to conjure alcohol at will when your tolerance is through the roof?. not very practical for fights either, if it ever got to that. he chuckled at the thought.

"Anima, what's this about you, André, Derek, Alain and Deepak being gods?", Daniel asked Anima after reading through her notes. Now, that sounded interesting. But not interesting enough to bother and pay attention. Alain sat there, slightly swaying his head from side to side like a metronome while doozing on and off as if he was in class. People talked.

"So, who wishes to join Anima in her investigation?", Daniel then said in a slightly louder voice than before, pulling Alain out of his half-sleeping state. ".. No?", he said, looking around at the others, awaiting potential other responses.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Daciana Lupei
Fenrir Descendant
Ceresa Farm

As Daciana dug her claws into the undead bull one more time, it disintegrated into smoky wisps before her very eyes, and then disappeared. She looked down once, panting, more before resuming her human form and turning her head to the sound of ghostly growling and howling. The two shadowy wolves stood amidst the dissipating bodies of the undead cows, their eyes glowing. She smirked to herself. Easy fuckin' peasy, she thought cockily before striding over to the wolves rubbing their heads roughly. The dark one remained impassive and stoic, while the red one nuzzled her almost instinctively. She knew that she had to think of names for them soon, before Ana would take it upon herself to name them, that is. Little Red...didn't exactly have the best taste in names.

BANG!

A nearby gunshot pierced the air, the sound of which startled the redhead, shifting her back into her animal form. While she was gaining better control of it, she was still far from perfect, and sometimes found it difficult to control the shifting. She headed out the barn door, willing herself to change back. She succeeded with some effort, though it tired her out more than she cared to admit, and she took off, the shadowy emissaries in tow as she raced towards where she thought the shot was coming from. What caught her eye first, however, was a blaze coming from the edge of the farm, where Andre's limo was parked.

"Damn, just damn...who's discovered uncontrollable fire powers now?!" She grumbled as she raced towards said car, the flames growing brighter as she neared. Once a short distance away, however, she noticed it dissipate, as if someone took care of it. Craning her neck, she saw Anima clutching a fire extinguisher. Andre, Alain and Derek seemed to be fine too, judging from the voices she picked up. She continued on towards the car, noticing a pair of golden stags standing behind it as if keeping it from rolling backwards. Stags...nah, my wolves are 100% cooler, the redhead mused to herself. Once she reached the scene, she looked around, taking the time to chuckle at the soaked occupants of the pink limousine.

"Hey, that's what happens if you just sit around in your fabulous pink hidey-hole, dudes," she snarked. She wanted to say more - and she would have - had she not heard the strange sound of a cat screeching. She gritted her teeth at the sound. It was close, in fact, too close for comfort. Daciana hated cats, and always did ever since she was a little girl. She knew that she was going to upset more than a few club members if she took out said offending cat...but frankly, she didn't care. She just hated them, and it wasn't as if she was directly harming any of them! She turned around, growling wolfishly under her breath, her cold blue eyes fixing themselves on the source of the screech...before they widened at the sight of a Russian Blue cat engulfed in bright purple flames.

“So, look what I caught. What do you suppose we do with it?” Sullivan stated almost matter-of-factly. Daciana facepalmed. Did that require such a question?

"DAMN, SULLIVAN! FOR THE LOVE OF WHOMEVER YOU'RE SLEEPING WITH, KILL THE FUCKER!" She roared. Her words were probably lost to the wind, however, as Anima's scream pierced the air. She had somehow burst into flames, flames the same color as those that surrounded the damned cat. Thankfully, the girl quickly stopped herself, regained her wits, and tried to roll on the ground to extinguish the flames. They dissipated for a moment, but they returned, glowing even more brightly. Surely, it wasn't a normal fire...and the cat definitely wasn't a normal one. Daciana took a quick look at the now-limp cat in Sullivan's hands and noticed that its tail was forked. Somehow, said tail reminded her of a fellow club mate's shifted form, one that she had to will herself to get used to over the past few weeks...

Immediately, Sullivan acted, slamming the cat down to the ground and knocking it unconscious. He then stood in front of Anima, cautioning her not to move, before allowing some golden flames to engulf him. Undisturbed by this, he hugged Anima, sharing the golden aura that surrounded him. It took a while, but the purple flames burned out and this time, they didn't return. Daciana looked at the ground and noticed the cat lying there, still unconscious. Her expression grim, she picked it up grasped its body with one hand and her head with the other. She quickly snapped its neck, her expression daring anyone to question her.

"Anima!" The familiar voice of Daniel called out. The way things looked, all of them had survived the night.

----

Daciana's Apartment

Living alone had its many perks, and one of them included not having to answer to anyone. No maids or housekeeper to bother her, and no mom to worry about her overmuch. Last night was something she did not want anyone, save for the club, to pry about. Just after she had snapped the neck of the demon cat, she had found out that Andre's driver had been collateral damage during the incident, and while she didn't exactly know him - she drove her own vehicle and didn't need lifts on a pink limo - she didn't expect anyone to die last night, especially not in that way. Physical violence, bullet wounds...those were things she was all too used to seeing people die from during her time on the streets of Romania. Those were easy to wrap her mind around as well. But this? Then again, she didn't exactly believe in magic until the day of the fair either.

She rubbed her head, unable to sleep for more than a couple of hours, even after a number of drinks. She was having the same dream again, where someone taller than her was wrangling her down into a cellar and locking her in. The cellar was a familiar one - during a party just a little under a week ago, she might've had one too many drinks, surpassing even her normally high tolerance, as she had woken up in that very same cellar the morning after, without any memory of what kind of mess she had caused until Alain told her that she had gone wolf in the middle of the party. Someone had to have wrestled her in there, and she was sure as fuck that it wasn't Alain. Somebody strong and able to keep up with an intoxicated beast...but who? The whole club was there, but she knew quite a number of them had enhanced strength...and she was already one of the tallest on top of that. She shook her head, blinking a few more times. Why was she going back to that incident again? It was obviously one of the club members, no one else.

The redhead took a shower and dried herself and quickly fixed her long hair into a careless, messy loose braid. She then got dressed in a ripped black muscle shirt with an outline of a wolf howling at a blood moon, tight black leather pants with lace-up detail down the sides, a bullet belt and heavy black knee-high boots with skull buckles. She smudged black kohl over her eyelids, put on her usual black leather fingerless gloves, and took her black leather jacket with her as she walked to her kitchen, draping it over a chair before opening her fridge to check what she could make for breakfast.

She was in the middle of cooking her skull-shaped pancakes (which of course, wasn't complete without a couple of dashes of rum to the batter) when her phone rang with its unmistakeable Cannibal Corpse tone. She grimaced, switched off the stove and looked at the caller ID. It was Anima. When she accepted it, Anima's voice greeted her, though her tone was hurried. The young girl was telling her that there was a meeting at the clubhouse in just an hour. Before Daciana could ask her any questions, Anima already hung up. The nineteen-year-old looked at the clock, decided that she only had a few minutes to spare, and scraped the half-cooked pancake from the pan and into her mouth before taking her jacket and heading out the door.

----

Super-Myth Club HQ

After Daciana parked her motorcycle, she hopped off and headed in the familiar direction of the clubhouse. Once she got there, she heard voices from outside. She peered right into the window and saw that some of them had already arrived. Andre was among them, seemingly unscarred from the night before, and dressed in one of his girly ensembles complete with a wig. Now, she had seen Derek come to school in dresses on some occasions, and while Andre did put on a dress occasionally for his film roles, this was the first time that she saw him all dolled up...and it admittedly wasn't a bad look for him, as horrible as the pink was. Her heightened sense of smell caught the scent of alcohol on Alain...not that he would ever be drunk or hungover, thanks to being the descendant of Dionysus himself. He was half-asleep, however. Quinn was there, as were Sullivan, Kit, Kaede and Lanaya.

"Anima, what's this about you, André, Derek, Alain and Deepak being gods?" Daniel queried, adjusting his glasses as he read some papers.

"Oh, that. Well, again, I'm not sure since it was just only the words of the nekomata last night and--" Anima replied, before the taller guy cut her off.

"Wait, it talked?"

"Y...eah... I was creeped out too. But, anyways, it really hated us badly. I mean, it was glowing red." Anima continued, before diverting and explaining to everyone that she could in fact, sense particular auras. She then continued her story, focusing on how the demon cat mentioned "gods" and describing that she had a particular aura that took the looked like a bipedal grey dog. Daciana strode into the room just as the younger girl finished, and sat down casually on an empty chair.

"And is that it?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, that's it. At least for the cat. Now, that's not why I called for a meeting, right? Well, here's what I called it for. I think that sinkhole wasn't an ordinary sinkhole and I wanna know for sure. Why? I saw the souls of the ones that died from the stuff falling from the ceiling but not the ones at the bottom of the sinkhole. So I think there's some creature down there that woke up or something and did that sinkhole to absorb souls or something."

Daniel took a few minutes to write down what Anima had said, before looking up at everyone else.

"So, who wishes to join Anima in her investigation?" He asked.

".. No?" Alain mumbled, clearly tugged out of his reverie. Daciana cracked her knuckles as she bobbed her head once.

"Hell yeah, dude. Sinkholes, dark spaces, creature, danger...count me in."

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Lanaya Ur-Kaldr
Enkidu Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

Lanaya sat there, not really involving himself in the commotion nor the discussion. Nothing that was said really resonated with him, but they were interesting topics indeed. Considering he was neither similar to any Mythological Beast, nor to any known God, Lanaya felt that he was outclassed in the presence of these claims. Not that it mattered, though. It didn't really affect him. Watching the other members come in, he gave a gentle smile to each who entered after him, even if he wasn't seen. Sullivan stood at the side, and didn't seem to care much about the situation. Lanaya let his eyes linger on him, though, feeling a familiar sting in his chest. It started out ever since the Farm, and seemed to be coming from Sullivan. Something inside Lanaya wanted to find out more, but he kept his mouth shut, letting it simmer just a bit longer.

Then came the discussion. Words about 'Gods', protecting the people, strange talking cats, apparently called "Nekomata"? Was he getting this right? Probably. Lanaya nodded to himself, having not seen the talking cat-demon-thing the day before. The statement in itself was strange, proclaiming members of the club to be 'Gods'. They didn't have the ability, nor the strength to truly be Gods. If so, why would there be an issue in the first place. Omnipotence was one of the key features of being a God. Immortality next on that list. And judging by everyone in the room, no-one had even acted older than their age. Mostly. A strange 'sinkhole', as well. Wow, lot's of events happening around the group, eh? However, the souls of the dead and the hole to the unknown wasn't enough to stirr the boy from his thoughts.

The next section would intrigue Lanaya further; The fact that 'We', the supposed 'Gods', couldn't protect the people forever. Well, it would be less 'We', and more 'They' right now. Lanaya stared at Anima, crossing him arms. Soon, though, he would take his attention to another topic.

"Dog, you say? Dog. I don't see it."

Lanaya stepped up from his seat. "Dog of Death. Dragging people to their graves? I can't see anything from you. If what the Nekomata said was true, why do I not see the primality from you?" It was a confusing question, and one that wasn't directed at Anima personally. Lanaya would come up close, almost intimidatingly so, to the girl.

"I see no Gods here, just the twisted work of Fate. If the Cat could see you for what was inside of you, why can I not?" Maybe Daniel moved to stop him, maybe not. Regardless, Lanaya was focused on one thing; From the thought of the "Dog of Death", came the question of his own powers. He could hear the land, he could hear the sea. He could see the colors of the wind. Nature and the wilds were his friends. Forming that connection, wouldn't Lanaya be able to 'speak' to this 'Dog'? Maybe something inside Anima?

The closer he came, the more his heart beat with increasing ferocity. Small shards of rock formed on his fingertips, as he reached across.

And then Lanaya stopped. He turned, walking back to his seat and sitting down. "There's something off about this. About all of this. I can feel everything around me, as long as it lives. Something feels wrong about you. You and our friendly Ghost here, who I cannot read nor feel at all." Lanaya looked over at Percival. "Feeling is different than seeing, you know. Maybe that's the 'Death' part, doggy." Lanaya said the phrase with little emotion other than curiosity.

"Regardless, I will remain. I care not for the souls of the dead nor for a hole that leads into the abyss." He said with a soft smile.

Turning slightly behind, Lanaya flicked the head of the sleeping Kaede. She's the only one that didn't get anything out of the little talk due to being asleep. And Daniel was waiting for responses. Lanaya thought this would be the easiest way to get more voices out.

"Want to continue sleeping or go on an adventure? Anima wants to ask."

Last edited: