• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythos: The Return of Magic - RP Thread

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
♥ André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
The Club ♥

After André spoke, Marti summoned another one of her magic horses, and then sent both horses off to the church. André wasn't entirely sure what a pair of horses were going to do, but it made her feel better so he wasn't going to complain. Then she said, "When's that car gonna be here?"

And right when she said that, as if on cue, André's pink limo pulled right up to the curb. "Right now!" André answered with grin. "But, would you be so to kind to wait a moment sil vous plaît? I have to change clothes. I do not think it would be wise to do this in a dress and heels." And with that, André stepped into the back seat, lowered the blinds. and changed back into his regular outfit.

In middle of changing, André had a thought. Derek was taking way too long in there. Sure, he was probably being mobbed by lovesick people, but still he would have come out by now. André didn't really want to be standing there waiting all night long, and he was sure Marti didn't want to be either seeing how she had almost just run off. Marti probably wouldn't want to leave without Derek though... He had a thought, and pulled out a cellphone, and made a call to Derek's cell phone. He was sure he wouldn't hear his phone ringing in a loud and crowded club. Especially considering what he was probably doing right now. Sure enough, André got Derek's voice mail.

André then stepped out of the limo, looking like a man again. He spoke and left a message on Derek's phone for Marti to hear. "Oui, very well then. Marti and I will meet you there. Au voir!" André hung up the phone and turned to Marti. "That was Derek. Something happened inside the club. He will meet us there. Now we must go!" He then pulled Marti into the car, told the driver to head to the church, then drove off.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Coincidentally, just as she said those words, a pink limo came up. Marti shuddered just a little bit again. But just as she was about to get in, André said he wanted to change clothes and went inside, tinting the windows. She didn't mind. She personally didn't want to go in. She knew what she would smell and she was slightly worried André might take offense but she put that in the backof her mind.

Surprisingly, it didn't take too long for him to change clothes and he came out, apparently having just called someone. He said it was Derek and something happened in the club. He also said he'll meet us "there", wherever "there" was. She got worried. What had happened? Was it something bad? How come she didn't hear anything, other than the music of still calming music? But before she could question him, he pulled her into the limo and told the driver to head for the church.

The instant she was inside, she grimaced and covered her nose with both of her hands. As confused as she was on why they were heading for the church when just earlier André told her not to, her mind decided to focus on more important things.

In a muffled voice, she said, "Can you open the window a little? I..." She paused, stopping a barf from coming out. "...need fresh air..."

Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Lily's Home, Tunnel System

When it showed Kit obviously didn't want to hurt anyone, he really meant it. Even though the woman "killed" him, he still wouldn't try actually knocking her out. He instead chained her. Anima realized that it, and the Kit she killed, were his illusions. She had to say that they were really convincing as she really thought he was dead. Even the shaking--which made her kneel on the ground in fear of falling over--didn't dampen that relief. She looked to Percival and said,

"Hey, Percy. Think you can try to possess her?"

"Sure. But I don't think it's going to go so well. It's kind of like trying to fit inside a car."

Unfortunately, a certain someone didn't realize Kit was alive soon enough.

Daniel tackled the woman the chains, but something was off. He looked insane. He easily lifted her off the ground before slamming her on it, strong enough to dent it. The woman was surprised but seemed happy about being free and having another target. But that dissapeared as she was lifted again and thrown. He starting running towards the spot where she crashed, looking almost like he was actually going to kill the woman. Her face paled.

"Dan! No!"

Then the ground shook very violently all of a sudden, forcing Anima onto the ground. Even though it hurt, she was glad it stopped Daniel, and apparently all the fighters too. She realized the shaking had stopped. She propped herself from the ground, glad that it did. But then she heard it, the telltale sound of something cracking. She looked to where Lily was fighting with the other wyrm, who was laying prone against the wall. There, she saw it.

Then the ceiling started to fall.

While the two group have been fighting, the wyrms had been too, and very visciously. Lily managed to get the upperhand and slam her opponent into the wall. Unfortunately, she hadn't realized how much time truly passed. Without her maintaining the walls of the area for so long, it cracked from blow and spread across the area. Pieces of the ceiling started to fall, the walls started to crumbled and the ground once again shook. It was starting to cave in.

Hansel cursed, and so did Magi.

Though she didn't look all too pleased about it, she said, "Retreat!" As soon as the order was sounded, whoever could stand from their group picked up and carried those who've been downed.

"What about the wyrms?" Choker said as he followed Magi.

"Never mind them. We have those souls anyway."

Caliburn panted and stared at the way they left, pretty much ignoring Hansel's shout of "We have to get out of here!", looking saddened. She was snapped out of her reverie as something came to attack her. It was a tall teenager with glasses and a crazed look in his eyes, but they were not red. She waw confused. Wasn't he one of Hansel's members? Once again, she didn't get much into that thought as it was interrupted.

"Oh you've gotta be--ugh--Cast! Sleep!"

And the teenager stopped trying to hit her. He still had his crazed look but his eyes were also drooping. He was trying to resist it. Thankfully, it wasn't enough as he slumped against her awkwardly, seeing as they had a massive height difference. She saw Hansel was not on her griffin anymore and had summoned a tiger. There was a small part of her that wondered why Hansel chose such a creature at this time but it was irrelevant right now.

"Everyone! Start running!"

Caliburn did so, carrying the glasses wearing teen with little trouble where they came in. "Can't we have the wyrm get us out?"

Hansel pointed at the wyrm in question. Lily was trying her best to hold up the ceiling so they could get out.

"Are you sure she'll be fine?" Anima said with worry.

"She's a wyrm. She can handle it. It's us we have to worry about. Why do you think she's trying to help?"

That was just great. And just as Caliburn thought that, she slowed to a stop as two horses, both white but with different colored eyes, came along. She blinked. Where had these come from? The turned around and whinied. Kit would clearly hear the words "Get on!" thouh it was easy to guess with how they moved their heads.

Caliburn decided not to question it and got on. After all the others did too, along with some on Hansel's tiger, they ran down the tunnel, the sounds of the collapse echoing in the passage.

It also didn't take long to reach the church. Marti bit her lip when she saw its state. She wondered what had happened. She didn't get much time to deliberate though as she heard the whinies of two familiar horses. She opened the window that faced the church to see.

"Aithon! Konabos!" she said in surprise. She saw there were people on their backs...and there were more on the back of a tiger.

"André! You're safe! That's great! Now quick! Head for HQ! The guards are gonna wake up soon!" the woman presumably controlling the tiger said as she passed them.

"Aithon, Konabos, follow her," Marti told her horses.

They sounded their confirmation and did as told. Marti, meanwhile, had forgotten all pretenses and told the driver, "Follow her!"

Of course, the driver hesitated. She wasn't André after all. Then something happened to him. He was wide eyed for a moment then he slumped down. Marti was startled by that. But just as quickly, the man sat back up straight. She thought he was fine, until she saw his eyes. They were glowing slightly green. Worry started to come to her, but then the driver tightened his cap.

"Sorry Jeff, hope you don't mind me using your body for a bit," he said, and strangely in a different voice from earlier. He then turned to them with a big smile. "Hey André. It's me, Percival. I hope you don't mind me doing a little overtime."

"Percival" then throttled the gas and Marti held on for dear life. This was a limo for crying out loud, not a sports car.

The tiger, the horses and the limo arrived at the foot of the club's treehouse. Like many time before, Percival got out and opened the door for André and waited for Marti to get out. She did so, but still rather uneasy around him. He flashed an apologetic smile. She felt better after that.

When everyone was in the club, seated or otherwise, Hansel took a good look around. Satisfied that everyone during the fight was there (and that Daniel was better), she then clapped her hands together.

"So, I know it's been a long night for us all, but I'm sure you got some questions, so ask away," she said. "I'll explain a few things in a bit."

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Lily's Cave, Tunnel System

Sullivan had been right to be cautious. The instant he had reached forward, a spear had arced through the air towards him, forcing him to spring backwards. The spear hit the ground inches from his feet, having passed through millimetres from his face. It disappeared soon after, indicating that it had probably been summoned, but that was the least of his problems right now. The woman he had planned on attacking suddenly whirled on him, anger in her eyes. Water began to form into a spiral around her, before becoming a massive wave that began to bore down on him.

Sullivan smirked. Something like a wave wasn’t about to do him in. If he tried to dodge, it would force him to move too far away to counterattack. If he needed to, he could get wet. It would dry son after anyways. He braced himself, then sprang upwards just as the wave hit him, bursting through it before it could crush him with its weight. He swung his hand downwards in order to strike at the woman, who had turned away and was attacking Hansel. His strike did not land, however - just as Magi Fae pushed Hansel away with a torrent of water, the man he had shoved to the side earlier approached him again, seemingly unaffected by the way the ground was convulsing underneath him. With no choice, Sullivan pulled his arm back to block the attacker’s charge, and prepared to face him instead.

Not wanting to waste any time, he jumped forward, sidestepping to dodge the horned man’s charge and slamming his left, then right palm into the side of his head in quick succession. Before the man could react, Sullivan kicked at his head, sending him rolling away. Unfortunately, that had not been enough to down him, and he charged again. Sullivan braced himself for impact and grabbed both of his horns at once, his hands bursting into a golden flame. The man shrieked in pain, writhing around as he tried desperately to break out of Sullivan’s hold. Using the opportunity, Sullivan kneed the man on the face, knocking him unconscious, before turning back to Magi Fae - as far as he was concerned, she was the only important target.

He had just swung his hand forward to grab at her neck when he felt the ceiling of the cave begin to collapse. Hansel and Caliburn were running towards the exit, the yellow-haired girl carrying someone on her back. He looked upwards to see that the dragon from earlier was trying to hold up the ceiling.

"Everyone! Start running!"

Sullivan didn’t need to be told. There was no point staying in a collapsing tunnel, and the people that had been attacking him were making their own retreat as well. He turned and began to sprint towards the exit. As he ran, he jumped over an injured man who was trying to crawl out of the cavern, but paid him no heed.

Two horses galloped into the cavern, their heads beckoning for the fleeing members of his little club to mount them. There was no time to waste, and Sullivan jumped upwards, landing on the back of the horse with dark blue eyes, behind Caliburn. It was all he could do to assume that they were friendly. He searched his memory for any myths involving two white horses, but came up empty - he was distracted, and what myth the two horses may have been connected to wasn’t that important right now. He wasn’t exactly an experienced horse rider, but his natural sense of balance was enough to keep him on the horse as it galloped through the collapsing tunnels.

They burst through the door to the church to find Andre standing next to his pink limo - just how many of those did that rich kid have? - with another, unfamiliar girl. Hansel rushed past them on the tiger, calling out to them. "André! You're safe! That's great! Now quick! Head for HQ! The guards are gonna wake up soon!"

"Aithon, Konabos, follow her," the girl said, probably referring to the two horses that had arrived earlier by name. So she was their master, and had sent them to give aid. Which meant that she was, at least, on their side. There was no point questioning anything now - the names Aithon and Konabos were unfamiliar to him, but they seemed to, at the very least, be helpful. The horses followed the tiger as it ran through the streets, in the general direction of what Sullivan knew as the club’s headquarters.

————

The horses stopped at the foot of the club’s treehouse, seconds before the limo arrived. Sullivan hopped off and stretched his arms above his head - he hadn’t moved much, knowing that horse riding wasn’t exactly his forte, and his arms had cramped up a bit. The driver of the limo opened the door for Andre and the horse-owner girl, flashing them a good-natured smile. Deciding not to wait, he walked forward and quickly scaled the ladder, taking his usual seat near the back corner of the room and watching as the others came in after him.

After checking that everyone was there, Hansel clapped her hands, like a teacher signalling to her students to be quiet. "So, I know it's been a long night for us all, but I'm sure you got some questions, so ask away," she said. "I'll explain a few things in a bit.”

Sullivan smirked and said nothing, slipping his hands into his pockets and closing his eyes. There was no need too involve himself here - if there was anything that needed to be known, Hansel would tell them, regardless of what questions were asked.

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Lily's Cave

After catching the reptilian woman in his trap, Kitai took a moment to catch his breath. Unnerved at the fact that he had just faked his own death to make the trap work, but nevertheless relieved that it had worked at all and it seemed Anima was about to take advantage of the opportunity Kit gave her as she attempted to convince the ghost, Percy, to possess the woman.

However, Daniel suddenly appeared and attacked the reptilian, breaking her out of the illusory chains Kit trapped her in, but with her now being attacked by Daniel it didn't matter. That was until Kit noticed that he was being unusually aggressive in his attack, and he looked like he had gone berserk. It was at that moment that Kit realized that Daniel must not have realized that the Kitai that had died was merely an illusion and is out to avenge him...by killing the woman.

Feeling responsible for Daniel's newfound rage, Kit called out, "Mr. Daniel, wait! I'm still alive, please don't kill her," as he moved to try and stop him, but was stopped himself when the ground shook, causing him to lose his balance before he got down on his hands and knees. Thankfully, the shaking also stopped Daniel.

Once the shaking stopped, Kit stood back up and looked to see that Lily had defeated the other wyrm. He was about to go see if she was alright, but was stopped dead in his tracks when part of the ceiling above him landed right in front of him, making him realize that the tunnel was caving in.

That was when the call was made for everyone to start running to safety. Lily appeared to be holding the ceiling up as best she could, and Anima expressed concern for her, to which she was told that the wyrm would be fine. A pair of white horses appeared and told the group to get on their backs, which some did while others got on a tiger that Hansel had summoned.

While everyone was heading out to safety, Kit stayed behind a bit longer and turned to Lily. He appeared very reluctant to leave her as he said, "M...Ms. Lily...Please be alright...I'll come back to see you again as soon as I can, I promise," before shifting into his fox form and running after the rest of the group as fast as he could in that form, easily catching up to them before slowing down to avoid getting too far ahead of them.

Once they were outside the church, they were met with a limo, which turned out to belong to Andre, but what caught Kit's attention the most was that all the officers around the church now appeared to be unconscious, and it didn't take long for him to recognize one of them. "Dad," Kit called out with worry as he went over to his father to make sure he was alright. Thankfully, it turned out that he was just asleep. Relieved by that fact and not wanting to be around when he wakes up, Kit simply said, "I hope to see you soon, Dad....Good night," before heading off with the rest of the group to the clubhouse.

Next thing Kitai knew, he and the group were back at the clubhouse, and as everyone was getting inside, Kitai was able to sense that Andre's driver was possessed by Percival's ghosts, prompting him to shift to his human form and approach him to say, "You're...Percy, aren't you? I...I've been able to tell when you're there, and I've seen Anima talk to you, but...I've never been able to actually see or hear you until now. My name is Kitai Hayashi...You helped us tonight and the night before back at the farm, didn't you? I want to thank you for your help, arigatou gozaimashita," bowing to Percy as he spoke in Japanese before going inside the clubhouse with everyone.

Once everyone was inside, Kit sat down and looked over to Daniel, apologetic over having angered him when he faked his death during that battle, until Hansel offered to answer questions, to which Kit responded by raising his hand and asking nervously, "Um...w...who were all those people that attacked us after we met Lily...Why did they attack us?" Kitai had one last question to ask, though it was personal, it was one he needed answered, "And...why were Dad and the other officer's around the church asleep? Is Dad...are they gonna be alright?"

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
♥André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
The Church > HQ♥

As they were driving, Marti asked for André to lower the window. She looked liked she was going to vomit, which was odd because they barely started moving. She couldn't possibly be carsick. And who didn't love the smell of a brand new limo? Regardless, André lowered the window on her side. The last thing he wanted was her staining the fabulous pink interior with vomit.

It wasn't a long drive to the church. The place was an absolute wreck. André didn't get much time to think about what had happened though. She saw Marti's horses gallop out, along with a tiger. The woman on the back of the tiger of the horse looked familiar. It was Hansel, the leader of this group. But what was she doing here? Didn't she say she would be out of town? "André! You're safe! That's great! Now quick! Head for HQ! The guards are gonna wake up soon!" She said as she took off in that direction. It was then that André noticed all the people lying around unconscious.

Marti told her horses to follow Hansel, and then told André's driver to do the same. André raised an eyebrow. "Pardonne moi mademoiselle. He is my driver. He listens to moi."

Naturally, the driver hesitated. Then something happened to him. He was wide eyed for a moment then he slumped down.Then, just as quickly, the man sat back up straight. Then, he turned around, and saw his eyes were glowing slightly green. Then the driver started to speak in a familiar voice.

"Sorry Jeff, hope you don't mind me using your body for a bit. "He said with a big smile. "Hey André. It's me, Percival. I hope you don't mind me doing a little overtime."

André only replied with a surprised "Quoi?!" His deceased driver was still on this earth? Shouldn't he have moved on by now? André knew he really should be used to unusual things like this by now, but this was still a surprise. "Percival" then hit the gas and André held on for dear life. Percival really should know that limos were not designed for going this fast.

---

Everyone eventually made it back to HQ still in one piece. André was sure his hair was standing on end from that fast driving, and immediately pulled his comb out from his bag and started combing. 'Percival' then got out and opened the door for André and waited for Marti to get out.

After everyone was inside the club, Hansel started to speak. "So, I know it's been a long night for us all, but I'm sure you got some questions, so ask away," she said. "I'll explain a few things in a bit."

Kit asked a few questions first, and then André took the opportunity to speak to Hansel next. He stood up from his seat, took Hansel's hand, and kissed it, "Bonsoir mademoiselle, Hansel. You are back! I thought you were in New York. Well, it is nice to see you." André said with a smile as he handed her a pink rose. "I have someone we should all meet." He then went over to where Marti was, took her hand, and brought her over to Hansel. "This is Marti Geriro." He then looked at Marti. "Go on. Tell them what you told me... and Derek..." He then remembered that Derek still hadn't returned yet. Now he was getting worried. What had those lovesick people done to him? "Derek was with us. He should be back here soon..."

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Lair of the Beast, Tunnel System -> Super-Myth Club Treehouse

Daniel fought with all his might, he fought as best as he could. And yet, right before his eyes, one of their youngest members was killed right before his eyes. Time went standstill for him as he stared at the body of Kit, torn, bloody, lifeless. He growled. His vision went red. He snapped his head back at the lizard woman--no, monster. He wasn't Daniel anymore. He was Salazar. In an instant, everything was a blur. He tackled the reptilian and tried to gouge her eyes out. When that didn't work, he threw her into the wall and planned to rip out her heart.

But he lost his footing as the earth shook. He lost his target. Never mind. There were still more dangers. There were still more enemies. He spotted one a few feet away from. She must have been over confident as her sword glowed, making her an obivous target. He attempted to tackle her too but she blocked him with her sword. He kept pushing back. He will not lose. He won't let anyone else die on him today. But the next thing he knew his body had betrayed him. His eyes were getting droopy. He tried to defy it, to push past the sleep, but soon it claimed him and everything went dark.

"Dan... Dan!"

He groaned at the loud voice. At first, he was going to complain about it until he opened his eyes and saw who it was. It was Hansel, and she looked extremely worried. So his complaints disappeared and instead he said,

"Yes?"

She sighed. "You're all right... How you feeling?"

He got his bearings at this point and realized he was in his chair at the club house, the one with the many dents and used armrests.

"Like my head's been split in half..." He looked around and saw most of the club members were here. But there were also a few new people, mainly a man that looked like a butler, a young woman with a red shirt and last, but certainly not the least, was a girl in a white trenchcoat wearing blue clothes and mask, and she was holding a glowing sword.

"What happened?" he said.

Hansel frowned. "You don't remember?"

He was about to say "No" when it rushed back into him. He remembered all the recent events, the tunnels, the wyrm, the people who suddenly appeared, Kit's death... But wait, didn't he just see Kit. He whirled his head and indeed saw Kit. Then that meant... His heart stopped. ...he nearly killed a person. Daniel slumped into his chair, shell shocked. It didn't look like he was going to think of much else tonight, for now...

Hansel waited until Kit was finished with his questions. Then she spoke.

"I'll answer those first two questions in a bit, it's a pretty long, as for your--wait, your dad was there? Okay... Sorry about that then, but don't worry, I just made them fall asleep so they wouldn't see us. They should be awake or waking up by now."

Hansel smiled at André's greeting, glad to be around someone normal--well, normal for her anyway. "Good to see you too, André." At the smell of the rose, which smelled like brand new book pages, she added, "Thanks."

She raised an eyebrow when André introduced someone, a Marti Geriro. Said person was shuffling her feet with the attention of the apparent leader on her. That fact that Derek wasn't here didn't help matters. But she was a Geriro, and her mother was police officer. She would have to speak up if she was going to help.

"Yeah, my name is Marti Geriro, and I'm...a descendant of Ares, Greek god of war. That's why I have these powers."

Anima noticeably turned alert after seemingly sulking earlier at this.

"That's also why I'm being chased by a bunch of people. They wanted my powers and they kidnapped me and my father... Only I managedmto escape. I think my father's still with them. They were trying to do something to him and...he was screaming the whole time. I heard them say that he was resisting. I wanted to get him out but he told me to run... So now I'm here, with you guys."

Hansel looked at the others and finally noticead the butler man, with glowing green eyes. "And who're you?"

He smiled and bowed extravagantly, even flourishing his hand. "I am the not so late Percival Diaz. The body I'm currently occupying is Jeff Hamilton."

"Occupying?"

"I'm a ghost. I actually died yesterday. And Jeff's fine. I can hear his dreams in the back of my head."

"O...kay..."

Hansel wasn't so sure how to react to that, especially when it was said so casually, like the weather. But she decided to turn to the matter at hand. She looked to Caliburn for a moment. The girl was beside her at the "Rectangle Table", her sword still at hand, in case of another attack. The girl nodded and Hansel faced the group.

"All right, first off, I'll explain why I'm here by telling you who those guys were. They're a bunch of men and women who have powers just like us because they're descendants."

Anima jumped. "Are they descendants of gods? The nekomata yesterday said we were gods and Marti said she was descended from Ares."

Hansel raised an eyebrow at the mention of nekomata, but decided to ask later. "No, it's not just gods. It's pretty much anyone from legend. Caliburn here is descended from King Arthur and I'm pretty sure some of you aren't descended from a god either."

"How...do you know that?" Marti asked this time.

She held out her hand, palm facing forward. "Here, I can do it for all of you right now. Cast! Bloodline Trace!"

A flash came from her hand. In mere moments, a series of words flew around them. Some of them would recognize the words as all of them were names of their ancestors, even the more recent ones like their parents and grandparents.

"Cast! Pinpoint Oldest Legend!"

And then most of words were gone, except a few. One word, or maybe even one line, was in front of each of them.

True to Hansel's word, the one line was "King Arthur" and Marti's was "Ares".

In front of Hansel was "Thoth".

For a surprised Anima was "Anubis".

With the now alert Daniel was "Sagramore".

Surprisingly, Percival had one was well, and it was "Billy the Kid" and in front of that was "Spring Heeled Jack", presumably for Jeff.

"As you can see..." Hansel gestured to hers. "...mine is Thoth. He was an Egyptian god, mainly of writings and magic."

"I have the powers of Anubis? Huh, no wonder I can see ghosts and stuff."

"Who...is Sagramore?" Daniel said.

"I can answer that," Caliburn said.

"Sagramore was a knight from Arthurian legend. He isn't as well known as the others but what he is known for was that he was believed to have gone into a frenzied state, berserk, in short, like Cú Chulainn."

If Daniel had any thoughts on it, he didn't react beyond, "I...see..."

If the others didn't know their ancestor and wanted to know about it, Caliburn would answer that question.

"Anyways...back to the story, these people call themselves the New Age Revolution Followers. I just call them NARF. These guys are going around, looking for more people with powers and...mythical creatures, like dragons and giants. That was where I met Caliburn and her friend of hers. They were fighting over some kind of creature and Caliburn crashed into our car as we left New York. I panicked and next thing I knew, me, my parents and Caliburn were outside the car all fine. I used a spell. They saw that and wanted to get me too. But then..." She breathed in and out. "...my parents jumped in and got captured, just like Marti's. Turns out we all had powers."

"May I take over?"

"Yeah, sure." Hansel took a seat.

The younger girl looked at each and every one of them, with obvious particular interest on Sullivan, being able to read the words still in the air backwards.

"Again, I am Caliburn and I wish we had met under better circumstances. My situation is similar to both Ms. Geriro's and Hansel's."

"Uh... Marti's just fine..."

"Very well, Marti. As I was saying, my parents helped me escape because they had powers. I eventually met up with my friend, Ivan, and we had been fighting NARF since. Right now my friend was leading away our previous pursuers and we will meet up at some point later. Though I may not know NARF's exact intentions, I can tell that they are not in the interest of all the people of the world. But perhaps we can come closer to the truth if you can remember anything of note, Marti."

"Anything...of note?"

"How about just tell us what you heard them talk about?"

"Sorry, I...didn't really pay attention to what they were saying."

"Do not worry, if that is the case. What is important now is that we have to prepare for another attack. They know where you stay now and they will come back. It...doesn't help that I can sense strong magic here."

"Wait what?" Hansel said.

"Yes. I have noticed that the more magic there is in an area, the more people there are who have powers or the potential to have them. They also tend to be strong and varied. The area I was in was absolutely seething magic when my powers awakened, and I have been around magic many times, that was how my powers have gotten stronger much sooner than yours have."

"And that's not good, is it?" Anima said.

"No," Caliburn said. "Unless we find everyone who have powers in this place before NARF can."

"Right then!" Hansel stood up and placed both hands on the table. "Let's all get some rest. Marti, Caliburn, you can stay over at my place. I got a spare key to it." Unless someone else offered lodgings for them.

Hansel smiled despite the situation, a rather excited one. "Whoever wants to, meet back here at nine in the morning. We're going on a scavenger hunt."

As Percival drived André (this time, thankfully, at the right speed), he turned to him and said, "Hey, I'm gonna leave Jeff's body once we reach the church. Just say Marti left and went into 'her' house."

Somewhere in the town, somewhere old and raggedy, in a simple one story house, a cloaked man raised his head. He felt it, the ground, it shook, very, very deep. He stood up and grabbed his staff. There was danger in the town, but also something else. He felt it, someone--maybe more--who was like Baldr. He should find them. They would help.

Chapter II:

A Storm Approaches

Complete!

Info Unlocked:
Notable People - New Info on Hansel Christian Andrewson, Marti Geriro, Choker Chain, Magi Fae, Caliburn
Short Info on Mythological Figures - Ares, Cú Chulainn, Morgan le Fey, King Arthur, Thoth
[/]

Power levels increased!

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Daciana Lupei
Fenrir Descendant
Apartment

There were many good things about living alone, and this was another one of those. There wasn't any housekeeper to nag her, and thus, going out at night wasn't any harder than going out at any other time. Being technically past high school age and looking it also helped matters; to most, she looked like just another girl about to go out to the bar, or for a drag race. The redhead quickly dressed in a simpler, more practical outfit - a hooded black tank top with a death metal band logo in front, her black leather jacket, tight black jeans with rips and sturdy black combat boots. The kohl that usually rimmed her icy eyes had been wiped off hours ago, and her red hair was tied back into a single braid. It was not very late, but the club meeting wasn't the only thing that Daciana had to deal with. She had an actual drag race to take part in...not one with particularly high stakes, but still, she wasn't about to chicken out of any sort of drag race.

The screen of her phone lit up as a short message arrived. Don't forget your $$$. I'll get ya good this time! - T. The redhead chuckled roughly and quickly texted a reply. Right, you've won loads of times...amirite? Why don't you remind yourself to bring $$$ instead? I'm tellin' ya, I'm getting' ya good again! -D. She then pocketed her phone into her leather jacket, took one last swig of the energy drink she had left on top of her nightstand, grabbed her motorcycle keys and left.

----

On the Road

"Damn, Trevor...can you just sit still for a moment and shut the hell up? You said ten-thirty, and I don't need any fucking glasses to tell you that it's not even ten!" Daciana cursed over the phone, her other hand gripping the handlebar of her motorcycle. The night was just as cool as the night before, and a pleasant breeze whipped stray strands of her red hair across her face.

"Alright, alright! No need to curse me out like you've been roofied!" Trevor replied exasperatedly. "But almost everyone's here, y'know?" He added.

"Almost everyone, not everyone, dumbss," she grumbled, before hanging up. For the next ten minutes, everything seemed normal, but all that changed when Daciana suddenly felt a warm feeling from her chest. It wasn't exactly unpleasant, but Daciana knew better. It was a familiar feeling...too familiar in fact.

"What the fuck?!" She swore aloud as she looked around for nearby vehicles and people. There didn't seem to be any, but that did not do anything to calm her down. Already, she felt her hands morphing into wolf paws, and if she wasn't going to act now, she was going to lose control and things were going to be ugly at best and unthinkable at worst. She knew enough about what civilians did when they saw coyotes on the road...and that was just coyotes. She looked to her other side and her heightening sight allowed her to see a shallow, grassy roadside ditch past the black and yellow roadblocks that lined the side of the road.

Fuck this bad luck...how the hell do I get to the church now? Or to my race? She momentarily thought, before swerving her motorcycle towards the ditch, breaking past the roadblocks. She felt hot as fur swiftly began to grow on her body, and her grip became clumsy. The motorcycle jumped before landing bumpily on the slope of the ditch. Gripping her keys with the last of her manual dexterity, Daciana twisted them, turning off the gas before she tilted her motorcycle towards the ground, tumbling off in the process and hitting her head on the ground as her body shrank into its lupine form.

Somewhere in the night, a pained howl filled the air.

----

Hazy images of a familiar cellar danced before Daciana's eyes. She growled and struggled as she felt herself being wrestled down the stairs, but strong arms, as well as the haziness in her mind, kept her from breaking free off her opponent's grasp. She clamped her jaws around said arm, but the person - male judging from the girth of his arms - wasn't letting up. He was strong...very strong.

Her head hit the wooden floor, and the man held her down while taking out a rope. Her eyes widened at the sight of the rope. No, she wasn't going to allow herself to be restrained! Her ancestors were, but she certainly wasn't going to allow herself to submit to the same fate. She yanked one of her legs up, distracting the man. Seeing the opening it afforded her, she struggled and managed to break free...but even that was fleeting. The tall male, whose face she could not see for some reason, jumped out to grab her, but she quickly dodged him, before ramming her lupine head into him, knocking him down.

Her victory was short-lived, however, as the man used that as an opportunity to grab her legs and pulled them so that they went behind her. The thick, rough fibers burned as he wrapped them around her paws...

----

Daciana's eyes fluttered open to darkness. Her body ached, and she struggled to pull herself up. She looked down and sighed with relief to see that she was herself again. Her clothes and face were dirty, as well as probably torn (not that it mattered, as her clothes already had holes to begin with) and her braid had come undone, her long, red hair messy, with grass, leaves and perhaps the odd twig sticking out of it. Her eyes fell on her motorcycle, and she got up as quickly as she could in order to take a better look at it. Surprisingly, aside from being dirty, it was mostly unscathed. She was lucky that the ditch was a shallow, grassy one instead of a steeper, rocky one. Otherwise, she might have to deal with more than a minor bump on the head. She looked up at the sky and noticed that it was still dark. Perhaps only minutes passed? Taking a look at her phone, she swore under her breath as she saw the time. It was past two in the morning, and she had several missed calls and unread messages to boot.

"Damn, just...damn," she mumbled as she grabbed her motorcycle and dragged it up the slope of the ditch and back on the main road, before turning her keys once more and heading to the church. Maybe she missed the drag race, but there was still a chance that her club mates needed her help. She promised to meet them, and she wasn't about to let her own stupidity or an accident get in her way.

----

Church -> Club HQ

Daciana grunted and kicked a rock as she mounted her ride once more, taking off at top speed, police be damned. Nobody was there, and she didn't even know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Either way, she had to show her face somehow, perhaps at the inevitable club meeting in the morning. She was going to head to the club HQ though, and leave a message for Anima, Daniel and the rest of them. Her messages had gone unreplied, and she wasn't sure about whether it was because of a club meeting, them sleeping, or something a lot worse.

It didn't take long for her to reach the headquarters...which was illuminated from the inside, much to her surprise and relief. She hopped off and jogged towards the open door, not caring that she had mud and grass all over her, or that her hair was a mess. Her ears pricked as she heard "scavenger hunt", and without wasting any time, stepped inside, mess and all. Her appearance spoke for herself, she hoped...but just in case some of the club members were confused at her failure to show up and her worse-for-wear appearance.

"Yeah, go ahead and yell at me. I can take it. The "thing" happened...AGAIN."

(OOC: I'm so sorry for my long absence...but here I am! I came up with a perfectly plausible reason for Daci's absence...she totally went wolf when she least expected it and hit her head! Thankfully, it was not rocky ground, hehe. Her "dream" when she was knocked out cold...that was actually a memory she can't place her finger on, where Dan wrangled her into the cellar when she went wolf after drinking one too many Jack Daniel's.)

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

As Daniel seemed to recover from his enraged state and said he couldn't remember much of what had happened to him, Kit saw how Daniel looked at him and appeared to be in shock. Kit believed that it was due to the fact that he had nearly taken someone's life to avenge him after he faked his death during their recent fight. Seeing Daniel the way he was made Kit feel guilty as he gave him an apologetic look.

Kit sighed with relief upon hearing that his father was going to be alright, then proceeded to listen as Hansel and Caliburn explain what was going on as best they could. As it turned out everyone there was descended from some kind of mythological figure, be it Gods or humans with special traits and abilities. Hearing this made Kitia wonder if he could finally find out once and for all if he was in fact what he thought he was, and if so how.

That answer came sooner than he had expected, as Hansel seemingly cast a spell that brought everyone's ancestry to bare in front of them. As Kit had expected, the name Alex Renard had come up, as well as several others with the Renard name that Kit could only assume were his ancestors on his father's side. At some point it appears that the name Renard is replaced with other surnames going further back, indicating that someone had actually married into the Renard family at some point, which didn't surprise him.

What did surprise him was when he saw the name "Kasumi Hayashi", which he knew to be his mother's name, one of the very few things Kitai's father had actually told him about his mother. Seeing that name proved to Kit that his father was telling the truth about her name, not that he ever doubted his father on that before, but what surprised Kit was that his mother's ancestry was extremely small compared to his father's. How could that be possible? The only way Kit could see such a thing being the case is if those on his mother's side were gods themselves, or a creature with an extremely long life span.

Once again, Kit received his answer when Hansel cast another spell that pinpointed everyone's ancestry to legends connected to them. What appeared before Kitai shocked him, but only a little.

"Inari Kitsune"

"I...I knew it...I'm a Kitsune...a Yokai..." Kitai said out loud upon this confirmation. Thinking this over, he couldn't help but look at his hands, which he had conjured blue fire around as he thought over what he was, what he could do, and most importantly to him what he had put Daniel through. "...a...Demon?"

Whether anyone had spoken to Kitai after what he said or not, he went on to listen as it was explained that the people that attacked them were another group consisting of those descended from Gods and mythical beings, human or otherwise. This other group was looking for people with powers just like them, a fact that made Kit feel unsettled. Whatever this group wanted with people like them, based on what had happened to Hansel, Caliburn, Marti and their families, it couldn't have been good. It made Kit not want anything to do with that group, but he knew deep down that he would likely have to one way or another, especially now that they had seen him and his powers at work.

Once the meeting was about over, Kitai looked over to Daniel and decided that this was as good a time to apologize for what he did as any, so he approached him and said, "M...Mr. Daniel? I...I'm sorry for that illusion I cast while we were fighting those bad guys. I just wanted to stop that lady that was chasing me around. I didn't mean to make you think I...that I was..."

It was at that moment that Kit was interrupted by the sound of a heartbeat, his vision had become briefly distorted, and on top of that he began to experience a sharp pain in his chest, causing him to wince in pain as he leaned forward clutching his chest over where his heart is. As this took place, two transparent copies of Kit's tail appeared behind him next to his real one for everyone else to see for a brief second before disappearing. The pain only lasted a moment, but it left Kitai breathing heavily. He failed to even notice Daciana's entrance as he focused solely on this new sensation he had never experienced before, wondering what it was even after it began to subside.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Kaede ‘Maple’ Shonozaki
Nekomata Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

Kaede sighed and let out a small yawn. The experience in the cave had drained her - it would have drained anyone. She lay curled up on the floor in a cat-like manner, watching as Hansel and Caliburn hit the group with some much-needed exposition. What they had said hardly surprised her, but still, every single word stung. Everyone here had powers. Everyone here was a descendant. But only she had been forced to go through a childhood of being treated as a monster. Only she was abandoned by her parents because of something that ought to have been a blessing. Everyone else, even though they were the same, had had a normal childhood. Why was she different? What had she ever done wrong?

Hansel cast a spell, which brought the names of all her ancestors swirling around her. She recognised some of them, and didn't know some of the others - 'Akane Shonozaki', her grandmother, the one that had burnt down the shrine and sent her life into a downwards spiral to hell. 'Keichi and Ayano Shonozaki', her parents, the ones that had abandoned her. She did not recognise the single name that remained, but she already knew what it was without having to ask - the name of some Nekomata. Abandoned, like her, by its owners, forced to grow up full of spite and thirsting for vengeance. The name - 'Asuka Shonozaki' - had never been mentioned to her, but she swore to remember it forever. Because that Asuka, who was once a cat, was the only one who had ever done anything for her.

She was a Yokai, a demon. A monster that hated mankind, because of everything that god-damn race had done to it. Just like her. It was oddly fitting.

Besides her, the name 'Gilgamesh' hovered in front of Sullivan. That guy - he had it easy. The descendant of a noble king, two-thirds god, or maybe three-quarters. Powerful, loved by his people. Sullivan, he too had been abandoned, but unlike her, he hadn't had to live a life of having his parents and peers just barely out of his reach, always there but never close enough. At least he had kids who looked up to him. And that Caliburn girl, she had looked at him all funny. Herself - she had grown up alone. And Kitai - 'Inari Kitsune'. He too was a Yokai, but he had a father who loved him. He had lived a life befitting of a child. And here he was, getting all creeped out because he was descended from a spirit just like she was. Where that that put me? She thought to herself, turning around and facing away from the others. The scars on her right hand, caused by her grandmother, began to glow a bright red. She hastily slipped her glove on and tried to calm herself down. The last thing she wanted was to set the clubhouse aflame and destroy the fragile life of normality she had painstakingly built for herself.

"Whoever wants to, meet back here at nine in the morning. We're going on a scavenger hunt." Hansel said, smiling an excited smile.

Kaede sighed. For her, it was not optional. She wanted nothing more than to stay at home, but she had appearances to keep up. Her personality - she would be the first out of bed in the morning, all excited to get going. Even now, when all she wanted was something sweet to drink and a nap, she had to remain with a forced smile on her face. And she did. Her smile was perfect, she made sure of that. It was one of the few things that she knew herself to be capable of doing perfectly. "Okay then!" she said, putting on her best cheerful voice and bouncing onto her feet. "I'm gonna go and catch a catnap, gotta save some energy for tomorrow. See y'all later! Oyasumi~"

Without waiting for anyone to respond, she bounded out the treehouse and into the night, jumping down onto the ground in a single motion without using the ladder. Her night vision would allow her to get home safely, and she didn't want to spend a moment longer in that clubhouse. Sullivan might be capable of functioning without a lot of sleep, but she needed her own shut-eye. There was no way she'd let those self-entitled kids with inflated egos keep her up.

A part of her laughed at her own hypocrisy. But she was used to that by now.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Chapter III:

Gathering of Legends

Sunday Night/Monday Past Midnight

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
Super-Myth Club Treehouse

To say the least, Daniel didn't like the ramifications of what he could've done. He nearly had another's death at his hand, but this time it would've been on purpose. As such, he didn't feel like speaking as Hansel and this Caliburn explained things. He was a bit surprised at how young the latter seemed despite her air of maturity, she looked fourteen, at most. But his silence didn't last long when Hansel cast a spell that traced their bloodline. He hoped nobody noticed his flinch when he saw his mother's name, Elizabeth Bradford Drake. Then Hansel made most of the names disappear, with only one in front of him, much like the others.

It said Sagramore.

"Who is...Sagramore?"

And Caliburn went on to explain that. Once again, he didn't like it. He might be a knight but...he had a temper and went berserk. Daniel sighed and cursed his luck. It was almost like the world was rubbing it in his face that he was doomed to forever be under the whims of his anger, his stupid, raging, anger. The anger that cost him his mother's life for his. But thankfully, he didn't get to dwell on that as a familiar red head barged into the room. He blinked, surprised at the complete mess that was Daciana, expecting to be yelled at when a certain something happened...again.

Daniel flinched as a memory came up at that, involving a party, unintended drinks...and a scuffle with Daci herself.

Daniel sighed. He had come along with some of the more...rambunctious club members to the party of an associate of Alain's. When they had come up and invited him, he happened to be talking to his sister, so she insisted he'd go and loosen up. Though, now that he was here, he didn't mind too much. It was a welcomed distraction. Unfortunately...he hadn't known that one of Alain's powers was changing normal water...into alcohol. So right now, he didn't even remember this.

Apparently, he was a lightweight in drinks.

He was smiling again, his mind feeling the well, light, from the drinking. He was about to take another one when there was the sounds of screams. Normally, he would've been concerned, but his brain was functioning on half capacity (or probably less) so instead...

"Oy, what's with the racket?" he said as he made his way there, unable to see properly with his blurred vision.

His irritation disappeared when he got there though. A wolf, a huge one, was right there and it looked like it already did a number on one of the people in the house. He grit his teeth and crushed the glass in his hand, his vision turning red. How dare it! How dare it interrupt this party and hurt someone! He wasn't going to let it!

And he jumped on it. He wrestled it. It was tough, it had bitten him more than enough times. But his strength, though enouh to fiht it, wasn't enough to keep it down. And then someone shouted to trap it in the cellars. As much as he disliked letting it, it was probably for the best, even in his rage filled mind. After all, what was worse than getting trapped in chains? So he wrestled it some more, manuevering it towards the cellar. Eventually, he did get there, with the huge wolf biting all the way. And he had tied her up.

He only managed to get back to ground level before he passed out of both his drunk state and his berserk rage.

He shook his head as he was brought back to the present. For whatever reason, it seemed that whenever he went berserk, when he woke up, he wouldn't remember what happened too well for a few seconds before everything was dumped on him. To say the least, he wasn't sure what to think of that memory. On one hand, he had actually used his anger well and, relatively, controlled his berserk state. On the other hand...he had fought tooth and nail with his crush. Thankfully, it seemed she didn't remember it too well. He thought that was good. He wasn't so sure how she'd react to find out that he was the one to fight her into a cellar.

"Uh..." Hansel said. "What do you mean by--oh, never mind, I can find out myself." And she cast the bloodline trace again. When she saw the name, she looked pleasantly surprised. "Oh, Fenrir. That's a little weird... But never mind, again. Let me guess, you turned into a wolf?"

Out of habit, Daniel answered since he had one. "Yes, she can. Sometimes it..." The memory surfaced again, making him pause to put it back down. "...goes off on its own."

He didn't really bother paying attention to Hansel telling that she planned a hunt for descendants like them tomorrow as Kit came up to him...and apologized for what he did during the fight.

Daniel's eyes widened. "What? No, no, no, it's not your fault. It was mine. I should've remembered you could make illusions. Like you said, you were just trying to stop the lady." Unlike me, who wanted to kill her.

And then Kit looked to be in pain. Daniel panicked. "Kit! Are you all right?"

It was at this point that everyone started heading to wherever they were going to sleep. So he decided, if Kit didn't mind, to escort him home. It had been a long night, heck, it was almost two in the morning. On the bright side, he was sure that it wouldn't be long enough for him to form a nightmare of what he could've done.

Monday

For all the club members, it was a normal Monday. It was the first day of the week for school. Everyone was heading there...but just as they arrived there, there was a whole congregation of students. And the principal, surprisingly dressed casually, was right at the front of the school.

"We apologize for not telling sooner, but we just received news that a storm is heading this way and so class is suspended until further notice," he said.

Of course, the students rejoiced quietly at there being no school, but considering the recent events, a storm wasn't exactly uplifting or a good sign.

By the time the school had said that, it was close to nine as Hansel said the "scavenger hunt" would start. Anyone arriving there would see her in her signature white trenchcoat, along with Caliburn, who was sitting calmly and drinking something (a cup of tea, likely), and Marti, who looked rather anxious. But there was a newcomer in the clubhouse, a man in grey raggedy clothes holding a stick, and it was easy to tell from his hazy eyes that he was blind.

Hansel looked like she had seen the Doctor from Doctor Who do something especially crazy.

"Are you sure?" Hansel said.

"Yes, yes I am."

Hansel seemed ready to curse, until she reminded herself that there was a young one present. She then proceeded to massage her temple as if she jad a headache. She might as well have had one considering what she mumbled next.

"Great...not only is there lots of magic here...there are gods here too..."

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

"What? No, no, no, it's not your fault. It was mine. I should've remembered you could make illusions. Like you said, you were just trying to stop the lady." Daniel told Kit after he apologized for faking his death. Then when Kitai found himself in pain, he heard Dan ask in alarm, "Kit! Are you all right?"

Once the sensation had calm down completely, Kit looked up at Daniel and told him, "I...I'm okay. I don't know what that was, but it's gone now."

As everyone began to leave for the night, Dan had offered to escort Kitai back home. While Kit was surprised by the offer, he happily accepted it, glad to know that Daniel both cared about him enough to do so and truly didn't hold what had happened earlier against him.

With the meeting having officially come to a close for the night, Kit told everyone, "Good night," as they were leaving except for Daniel, who he had left the clubhouse alongside as they headed to Kitai's home. Once they exited the woods, Kit cast an illusion over himself so that no one still out and about at this time of night, few as they were, would see his fox ears or tail. The trip back home was uneventful up until they had nearly gotten there.

"This is the neighborhood Dad and I live in, we're almost home!" Kit chirped happily, but then stopped for a moment as he thought of something. "Oh ya...Someone that's still awake might recognize me like this..."

With that thought in mind, Kit used his illusion magic once again to change his appearance, this time to that of an older looking version of himself that was about Daniel's height and with a black hoodie, on which he wore the hood to hide his hair and part of his face, instead of his usual white jacket.

"I...I think this'll work. Usually when I go out late for our investigations like this I make myself completely invisible when I leave or come back home. I could make us both invisible to everyone here now too, but if I did that you wouldn't be able to see me even though I could see you through my illusion just fine." Kit explained, then let out a whimper. "I wish you guys could see through my illusions too...Maybe we could find a way that you all can, I don't like having my illusions deceive you guys like they do everyone else, especially after...you know..."

Whatever Daniel's response might've been, the two of them did make it to Kit's house in the end, where the first thing that caught Kit's attention was the car parked in the driveway. "Ah, Dad's home," he stated but smiled despite the fact that it could've meant trouble for him. "It should be alright though, I made sure my bedroom door was locked and Dad doesn't check up on me when he gets home from work at night. If he did, he'd have found out about my ears and tail by now, I can't keep my illusions up while I'm sleeping..."

"I guess he just doesn't feel like he needs to keep that much of a strict eye on me. He knows I do everything he tells me to, like not to go out late at night...and he's right...I wouldn't do that unless I thought I had a good reason, like tonight I went with you guys to help Anima investigate that sink hole after her brother was hurt by it...That's a good reason, right?" After telling all this to Daniel, Kit proceeded to take his right hand and clutch his left arm as he continued, "Actually, I also did it because Dad was sent to watch over that sink hole, and I was afraid that if something caused it like Anima thought, then whatever it was could attack again, and Dad could've gotten hurt....or even..."

Kitai let out a whimper, but then shook his head and looked at Daniel with a smile, "I...I'm happy everything worked out in the end. Dad's alright, and none of us were seriously hurt either, though I am worried about Lily, maybe we could see if she's alright later once it's safe to go into the tunnels again."

It was at that point that Kit realized that he must've been holding Daniel up at this point with all his talk. He had been unusually talkative for the past few minutes, whereas before he was known to be one of the quieter members of the group due to him being as timid as he was, but Daniel's kindness towards him has made Kit feel like he could open up and talk to him more. "O-Oh, right, it's late, I should be going inside and going to sleep, shouldn't I? Sorry for holding you up like this, Mr. Daniel, I've never talked to someone this much before, except for Dad anyway! Well, thank you very much for bringing me home, Mr. Daniel, I'll see you when we all meet up again!"

Regardless of Daniel's response, Kitai went up to the front door of his house and turned to Dan one last time to tell him, "Good night," before casting an illusion to make himself invisible and to keep anyone from seeing the front door open or close, not even the sound of the door could be heard as he went inside. After entering his house and seeing that it was dark and empty, indicating that his father had gone to bed, Kit dropped his illusions and locked the door before turning the lights on and going to a nearby window where Daniel could see him, then waving to him to let him know that he was inside the house safe and sound.

Ready to go to sleep, Kitai headed into his room and saw Diana there laying in his bed. The cat quickly opened her eyes and looked at him before saying, "There you are, child! Where have you been, and what happened to you?!"

Kit was about to answer Diana's questions when all of a sudden the sensation from before came back. He heard a heartbeat and felt a sharp pain in his chest, causing him to clutch it tightly as he staggered towards the bed and collapsed in it, with the last thing he heard being Diana calling out to him with worry.

---

Despite the abruptness of him going to bed, Kit managed to wake up at about the right time he usually does, albeit finding it harder than usual to get up as he heard Diana say, "Finally awake, are you? You suddenly appeared to be in pain and just collapsed. I was worried you weren't going to wake up!"

"Sorry for worrying you, Diana. I don't know what happened, but I'm alright now, I promise." Kit said as he got out of bed and realized he was still in his clothes from yesterday, so he decided to change into a clean set of clothes before looking in the mirror and casting his usual daytime illusion to keep anyone from seeing his ears and tail. Shortly after he did, however, he once again heard a heartbeat and felt a sudden pain, this time worse than the past two instances that this has happened.

"Are you sure you're alright?! You look like you should get back in bed for the day!" Diana told Kit as she watched him clutch his chest while breathing heavily.

"It'll be okay, Diana. I'm fine, I promise." Kitai reassured the cat once again as he recovered from this episode like he did the others. Once he had gotten over the pain he looked at the mirror and saw that his illusion was gone, causing his eyes to widen as he realized that he could randomly experience an episode of this problem, whatever it was, and have his fox-like features revealed for all to see at any time today, like during his classes.

Fearing exposure in this way, but knowing he couldn't simply isolate himself in his room all day, Kit ultimately recast his illusion and exited his room, where he was met by his father standing in front of the TV watching the early morning news while drinking coffee. "Dad!" Kit called out happily before rushing up to his father and giving him a relieved hug.

"Whoa there, Kiddo! Settle down, I could've spilled my coffee all over us, you know?!" Alex said surprised by this act before placing his hand on Kit's head and asking him, "What's going on, you act like you weren't expecting to see me?"

Knowing he couldn't just tell Alex what had happened around the sinkhole last night, Kit simply looked up at his father's face and told him, "It-It's nothing, Dad. I just had a bad dream, that's all."

"A bad dream, huh? Sounds like it must've been if you're relieved to see me." Alex replied before moving his free hand down to his son's shoulder and kneeling to get down to eye level with him. "It's alright to be happy after seeing someone you care about is safe after a bad dream, but remember, they're just dreams and they can't hurt you or anyone else, alright?"

"Okay, Dad." Kit replied with a nod.

"Good." Alex said as he patted Kit on the shoulder and told him, "On a happier note, I haven't been called in early for once today so I was thinking that I could drive you to school, how does that sound?"

Although the thought of him having one of his recent episodes and losing his illusion in front of his own father lingered in the back of his mind, Kit found himself overjoyed with the idea of being able to spend some time with him, even if it was just a drive to school. "Dad....I'd love that!"

And with that, Kitai and Alex finished their morning house routines and got in the car. On their way to the school, Alex told Kit about how he and the other officers that were stationed around the sinkhole had all mysteriously fallen asleep at once. Kit knew exactly what he was talking about and knew exactly why they all fell asleep, but kept quiet about it and instead acted surprised by the otherwise strange occurrence. Soon after the conversation they had made it to the school, which Alex temporarily stopped in front of to let Kit out of the car.

Once he was on the school campus, Kit had found out that class was suspended due to an upcoming storm. While he didn't like the sound of an upcoming storm considering everything that was going on, he was glad that he didn't have to worry about having an episode and having his real appearance revealed while on campus. Realizing that it was almost nine, Kit slipped off the campus and headed to the clubhouse in his fox form.

Having arrived at the clubhouse, Kit shifted back to his 'human' form, and entered it. There he saw Hansel, Caliburn, Marti, any club member that had managed to get there before him, and a newcomer he had never seen before. While curious about the stranger, Kit figured that Hansel would introduce him to everyone soon and simply bowed politely and started to say, "Ohayou gozaimasu, minna! Good morning, everyo-"

His words were suddenly stopped dead as Kit heard another heartbeat, only this time it was followed by another, and another, and another. This time anyone around Kitai could hear the heartbeat and see a blue outline begin to pulsate around Kit as he stood there wide eyed and staring off into space. In truth, Kit's vision was distorted throughout the occurrence until he had closed them shut out of instinct as the pain in his chest returned as well, now worse then ever causing Kit to clutch his chest and drop to his knees, whimpering and crying out in agony. As if that weren't all bad enough, Kit's entire body suddenly became engulfed in blue flames, making it impossible for anyone to actually see what was happening to him from within.

Strangely however, for all on how uncontrollably the flames seemed to dance, they did not burn anyone or anything around Kitai, nor did they spread beyond where Kit remained on his knees. In fact, anyone who wanted to reach out and grab Kit in an attempt to comfort him from his pain could safely do so without getting burned or feeling any pain or heat, though their efforts to help Kitai would prove futile until eventually the occurrence passed on its own, the flames around Kit subsided and he soon collapsed onto the ground, laying on his side as he breathed heavily. He couldn't see or notice it in this state, but everyone else could notice that Kit now had three tails instead of just one, indicating that his power as a Kitsune, or at least a Kitsune's Descendant, had grown.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Anima's House -> St. John's School -> Super Myth Club HQ

Anima knew there was something big, and probably also dangerous, going on down at the sinkhole. But she didn't think it would've kept her up nearly the whole night. A cave system, a giant wyrm, a secret evil superpowered group, Danny berserking and Hansel and an ally fighting them...it really did sound like something from the movies, André's included. She also didn't expect that what the nekomata said was true. They were gods. Well, partially true since they were descended and not actual gods and some of them weren't even descended from gods.

And of all the gods, she was descended from Anubis.

She wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. She did know Anubis wasn't exactly bad but people tend to think that anything associated with death is bad. Not that she blamed them, but seriously, Hades wasn't evil, he just did his job. But she disgressed, she didn't feel too bad about having some powers of Anubis. It would explain a lot of things like her "ghost sight" and her "truth sight". Being descended from Anubis didn't worry her at all. It was the other thing the nekomata mentioned.

They wouldn't be able to protect people forever.

And now that she knew there was something bad going on, add in her brother's injuries, and she found herself actually getting worried, again. And it was worse. She could only imagine what could possibly happen. Worse case scenario? All the evil forces of mythology come back and try to take over the world, without somebody powerful enough to stop them.

To put it mildly, Anima didn't sleep well that night.

"Anima..."

She groaned and rolled over to her side.

"Anima!"

Then she snapped her eyes open and jumped in surprise, shouting as well.

"Geez, talk about deep sleep..."

She turned her head to see it was just her brother, Kenny, the second youngest to her, who had woken her up.

"Come on, Anima. Get ready, or you're going to be late for school again."

Oh, right. She forgot that today was Monday.

"Okay, I will," she said as she got out of bed and headed for the bathroom...

...only to bump into the doorway.

"Woah, Anima! Are you all right?"

She rubbed the sore spot on her face where she hit it, trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes in the process. "Yeah..." She yawned. "I'm fine..."

"You sure? You look like you've been through Hell..."

Anima couldn't help but let out a chuckle at that. Though the experience wasn't exactly that bad, it still was considering the circumstances, and who she's descended from. He might not work in their version of Hell, but, if she remembered correctly, he could certainly send them to it, with the help of a scale that judged them and a "Feather of Truth". That made her think of a perfect excuse.

"Nah...unless my dream counts."

"Dream?"

"Yeah. Had a weird dream that I was in Hades' hell and was asking him if that was really him in the movie or if he was just acting. He said yes to the latter and then I saw Cerberus who also had fire on his uh...heads and--"

"Anima..."

She blinked. And then realized she had been rambling again. Talk about an excuse...

"Whoops. I'll go now."

And she did, thankfully not hitting the doorway, or anything, this time.

Okay, last night was one thing, but a storm coming their way that ends up stopping school? Not only was that convenient, it was foreboding. For crying out loud, it was a storm and unless it was after a drought, they were rarely a good sign. Which meant one thing, something bad was coming. But she didn't really have much time to think about that. As soon as they announced the cancelation of classes and the students dispersed, she started heading for HQ.

Though not before telling Kenny, Peter and Johnny about where she's heading, and asking them to say she said hi to Amadeus at the hospital.

Surprisingly, she was on time and (sort of) early. She had arrived, with HQ in sight, at the same time as Danny. He didn't look that much better than her. He actually had a hint of baggy eyes.

"How'd you sleep?" she said to him.

"Oh, um...fine. I just didn't sleep that long..." he said.

Satisfied with that, she was making her way up to their destination when she heard a scream. She froze. That was Kit. Danny was the first to recover and sped past her, nearly knocking her over the ladder. She didn't mind. She wasn't too far from the ground anyway if she was pushed over. She followed close behind him and when she got there, her eyes widened in shock. Kit was on fire. Danny was holding him, along with that new girl in red, Marti, apparently trying to put out the flames, while the others were just staring.

Danny noticed.

"What's wrong with him?! What's wrong with you?!"

Hansel flinched but still said levelly, "Because there's nothing I can do. That's foxfire. My spells aren't going to affect it much."

"And the flames are not causing the pain," a man--a newcomer--in raggedy clothes and some sort of cane said.

Anima blinked, both from what he said and the fact that she didn't notice him until now.

Danny, however, was confused by his words and only got more angry. "What in the world are you talking about?!"

"Wait, I think he's right," Marti said as she backed her hands away.

That's when the flames started to die down. When they were gone, a collapsed and unconscious Kit was lying on the floor...with three fox tails instead of one. Her eyes widened in surprise even more, if that was possible.

"What...?"

"Is that...?" Danny said.

"Yes, it is," Caliburn said. "As I have said, the more exposure to magic means more strength and for kitsune, the more tails they have, the more powerful they are."

"Oh okay..." she just said.

She didn't really know what to say, really. She just helped Danny and Marti put Kit in one of the more comfortable chairs while he was out. Then she remembered a little detail.

"Who are you, anyway?" she said to the newcomer.

He was about to speak when Hansel raised her hand.

"I'd prefer to have that wait until everyone who wants to join arrives, less repeats. I'm sure more people are coming but are late because of last night. I kind of forgot about the time."

Danny was quiet, keeping an eye on Kit, while Anima just shrugged at Hansel's words.

"All right."

And wait she did. Though now she kind of regretted it as her thoughts drifted back to Amadeus, her eldest brother, in the hospital, and thus to worry. Was her family going to be safe?

It took a while, but everyone who did want to eventually arrived, and Kit waking up. Well, actually, more like Hansel waited until about ten thirty and then started, assuming that was a good cut off time for late comers.

She started with, "So, I'm sure all of you are wondering about the guy with blank eyes, a staff and raggedy clothes. Well, I think introductions are best done by the new one so go ahead, you can introduce yourself. And explain your appearance here too."

The man nodded. "I thank you, Miss Andrewson," he said before turning to the club members. "I am Hodur, brother of Baldr and son of Odin."

Anima's jaw fell. "Hodur? The Hodur?"

Hodur flinched. "Yes, it is I. The murderer of my own brother..."

Daniel looked surprised, but not as much as Anima was earlier. Well, at least outwardly.

"Woah, hey! Wasn't that Loki's fault? And besides, was that what you're here for?" Anima quickly said, obviously to get his mind off of it.

Hodur smiled a small smile, grateful for Anima's attempt, even if it was a bit obvious. "No, it was not. I came here because I sensed a presence much like my brother's, light, holy, loved." At this, he glanced at Caliburn then, if present, Sullivan. "And I wanted to tell them and their friends that danger is coming, but you can get help."

It was just as Anima thought. Meanwhile, it made Daniel's gut twist and Marti grimace.

"Wait, help?" Anima said when she realized the words.

"Yes, help. I am not the only god or, as you have come to call us, mythical being in this town."

"Wait, there are more?"

"Exactly my thoughts," Hansel said.

Hodur nodded. "Yes, there are more here, all of them in a form that is better suited for this place and time. I had tried to convince them to help me and band together to fight the oncoming danger, but...they would not listen to me. They know of my past and my dominion."

To demonstrate what he meant with the latter, he moved his staff and his shadow, the shadow of his body, moved with it.

"They do not trust me, nor do they like me, but I believe you can gain their aid. Most of them do not mind humans, some are even fond of them."

"Really?"

Hodur nodded again in confirmation but Hansel spoke after that.

"And that's what we're going to do. Instead of hunting down descendants, we're gonna do some recruitment."

Daniel finally said something after being quiet for most of the conversation. "So where do we start?"

Hodur took a deep breath. "There are six others. They are Brynhildr, Svarog, Yinglong, Ammit, Pan, and Cerberus."

Anima started gaping again at the last two.

"Ammit is not too far from here, in the river nearby. Svarog can be found by the metal wasteland. Pan typically stays near this 'night club' in the morning. Yinglong stays in this 'China shop' when he is not wandering around, taking in the sights of this town. Cerberus guards an alleyway between a house and a funeral house. Brynhildr...she is typically causing a commotion, trying to help and often getting in trouble with these police. She lives by Highcliff Coast at the beach."

Whoever they picked, now that they knew about this, previously common and ignored occurances across town now had more meaning to them.

Walking on the street was another man in raggedy clothes, but was burly and had a hammer hanging from his waist. He was pulling a cart that was obviously damaged, heading for the junkyard in south Keydeus. Occasionally, he would pause and watch the people around him passi him by before he continued his walk.

If a descendant asked of his identity, he would say, "Yes, I am Svarog. What's it to you?"

If they answer that it's because they want his help, he'll blink in surprise. Then say, "Then you must prove to me you are worthy of my aid. I will not help any arrogant human."

As Hodur said, the river about several tens of meters from the clubhouse had a crocodile in it. It wouldn't seem too odd until you realize one, crocodiles aren't supposed to be here and two, it looks like the prehistoric crocodile nicknamed the "dog croc". She was currently relaxing in the water, her head and back sticking out.

If asked of her identity, she will say, "Yes, I am Ammit, Devourer of the Wicked. What thou business with thy?"

If they answer that it's because they want her help, she will say, "Ah, I see, but does thou truly wish to help out of the goodness of thou heart? I will help no human who does good for any reason other than to be good."

Also true to Hodur's word was something in front of an alleyway between an apartment and a funeral house. It was three dogs, all of them Rottweilers. The left was brown, the middle with black and brown and the right was white and brown. They just sat there, looking at passersby. Most of the time, the heads move independently but on occasion, they move in perfect synch, especially when eyeing the same person.

If asked of their identity, they will wait until no one is around to say in a masculine voice. The middle spoke first.

"Yes, we are Cerberus."

The left next. "Yeah! And we're guarding one of the last entrances to our master's home."

Then the right, though he glared at Lefty briefly. "Imbecile..." He shook his head then looked back at the descendant. "What is your business with us, human? Surely you are not here to chat with the Hellhound Guard."

If they answer that it's because they want his help, Righty would then say,

"You... Do you not realize how important it is that we stand guard here?"

Lefty would say, "Yeah! Even when our master is gone."

Center looked like he would have a sweatdrop if was an anime character.

"Um... Excuse those two...but they are right. It's our jon to stand guard here, even without our master. I'm sure you understand, right? And, uh, though we might not look like it right now, we still are only one body. One head can't just leave to help you, even if it's something as bad as..." Center looked in the general direction the storm was coming from. "...an evil god of storms."

By the nightclub, the very same one André and the others went to last night, was a young man wearing a deep green hooded jacket and baggy pants. He was leaning against the wall beside the door. He was playing a pan flute, a flute made up of several with each one shortening as it progressed. Playing an unrecognizable but cheery tune, he had a smile on his face and would occasionally stop to watch a bird pass by.

If asked of his idenitity, or his name is mentioned to confirm it, he would say, "Ah, so you know who I am. Yes, I'm Pan. Why do you ask? I'm sure it has nothing to do with my music.

If they answer that it's because they want his help, he would say, "Oh, that... Well, I could, and I really would like to--I mean, you've got some great music now, a whole lot better than the old days--but I, uh, have no idea how you're like. I mean, yeah, sure, we got a storm--a real bad one coming--but I don't really like helping cruel people you know and they'd just want to survive any way they can. The smart ones rather."

A Chinese man was observing things as he walked from out of the China shop. He was wearing a business suit with a yellow necktie and, at first glance, seemed to have amber eyes. But upon closer inspection, or rather, if one payed attention, they would notice they were gold. He stopped in front of St. John's Church, his face grim in thought.

If asked of his idenitity, or his name is mentioned to confirm it, he would say, "So you know my identity... Then, pray tell, what is your reason for being here?"

If they answer that it's because they want his help, he would say, "Ah, why am I not surprised... Well, I could, but I have no reason to help you. After all, I don't know anything about you. Perhaps you could give me a convincing one?"

At a convenience store, there was quite the commotion. There was shouting, some people running out, and a body being thrown out the window. A bunch of gang members from a neighboring town thought they could raid the store without consequence. There were about four inside the store and six outside, including the one who was just thrown out the window. And all were trying to deal with the threat inside who first made sure the bystanders and staff got out: a seemingly ten year old girl wearing stylized silver armor that wouldn't seem too out of place from a Final Fantasy game. Actually, it looked a lot like Cain's from the fourth game, if the helmet looks more like a bird's than a dragon's.

She seemed a bit too busy right now to talk to properly, but it's a bit obvious who she is with the information they got from Hodur.

Whatever the choices of those present, Hansel would go search for Svarog, Caliburn would go for Cerberus, Marti for Pan, Anima for Ammit and Daniel for Byrnhildr.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Keydeus Streets

After everyone left for their respective targets, Hansel went straight for hers. It wasn't too hard. It took a bit, but considering how he looked, and what she knew, it wasn't too difficult to find Svarog, or at least someone who fits the description that Hodur gave. She went right up to the raggedy wearing burly man pulling a damaged cart and tapped his shoulder. He paused, surprised, then looked to her.

"Excuse me," she said in a quiet tone. "You Svarog?"

The man's surprise returned full force but then suspicion set in. "Yeah, I'm Svarog. What's it to you?"

"Well...there's a big storm coming up, and I'm sure you know it's not just your regular storm."

Svarog stared at her with a stern expression. "Yeah, I did. So?"

"I was wondering if you could help me and my friends. I know who's coming and we need all the help we can get."

Once again, Svarog was surprised. It had been a long time since he properly interacted with any human. But... "Then prove to me you are worthy of my aid. I won't help any arrogant human."

Why was Hansel not surprised? She sighed and glanced around. Unfortunately, no ideas came to her to help her show that. There were only buildings and some passersby. That was it.

"Um, any ideas on how I can do that? Uh, this isn't something I've done before." Though I have read on stuff like it. But I don't think there's any monsters right now that I can fight or something.

Svarog was silent for a while. No doubt he was thinking over Hansel's words. Hansel just waited patiently, observing the area as she did. It was about a full, good minute before the Slavic god spoke again. Well, started walking away and speaking.

"Come with me," he said.

Seeing there was nothing else she could do, she did. Though she wondered what in the world Svarog was thinking of having her do.

"Hell's Alleyway" (Alleyway between Funeral House and Apartment Building), Keydeus

Caliburn's target was also easy to find. After all, when one was really looking, the three Rottweiler's guarding an alleyway, and nearby a funeral house, was rather obvious. The left was brown, the middle with black and brown and the right was white and brown. She observed them for a bit. They just sat there, looking at passersby. Most of the time, the heads move independently but on occasion, they move in perfect synch, especially when eyeing the same person.

She waited until the sidewalk was pretty much empty before she decided to speak to them.

"Are you three Cerberus?"

It took a bit, but eventually one of them replied. It was the middle who did so first.

"Yes, we are Cerberus."

"Yeah! And we're guarding one of the last entrances to our master's home," the left one said next.

The right briefly glared at Lefty, mumbling "Imbecile..." with a shake of his head before he said, "What is your business with us, human? Surely you are not here to chat with the Hellhound Guard."

"My friends and I wish for your help in fighting an incoming threat.

Righty's eye twitched. "You..." he said. "Do you not realize how important it is that we stand guard here?"

"Yeah!" Lefty said. "Even when our master is gone."

Center looked like he would have a sweatdrop if was an anime character.

"Um... Excuse those two...but they are right. It's our job to stand guard here, even without our master. I'm sure you understand, right? And, uh, though we might not look like it right now, we still are only one body. One head can't just leave to help you, even if it's something as bad as..." Center looked in the general direction the storm was coming from. "...an evil god of storms."

Caliburn gave this some thought. They had a point. Besides, she admired their loyalty. So that meant she would have bend things a little for it to sit well with them... Good thing she was used to negotiating.

"I see... But I'm not asking you to leave your post right now. All I ask is that, when our enemy comes here is that you assist me and my friends. After all, our enemy might go into Erebus if you don't try to stop them. If you are not at your post during the attack, they won't be able to find out where the entrance is and you can make sure they won't enter and defile your master's domain..."

Lefty hummed. "Well, when you put it that way..."

"That..." Righty said. "...sounds reasonable..."

Center looked back and forth between his side heads. "So are we in agreement then?" he said to them.

It took a few more moments but both nodded.

"Sure! Why not?"

"Yes, we are. I find the terms agreeable."

Center smiled. "Good." He looked to Caliburn. "Okay, we'll help. Just call us when they're almost here."

Caliburn bowed to them. "Thank you, Cerberus. You have my gratitude."

All three heads smiled, with Righty looking particularly pleased. After that, Caliburn went on her way. That was one down, perhaps she could help with the others.

Cerberus has been recruited!

Nightclub

To say the least, Marti found it ironic that she didn't like nightclubs at all and yet she found herself having to need to go there twice. Yesterday because she was running away from NARF, as Hansel called them, and went to hide their in hopes that the scents in there would cover her own, and today, because she found a god that fit one of Hodur's descriptions. It was a young man wearing a deep green hooded jacket and baggy pants. He was leaning against the wall beside the door. He was playing a pan flute, a flute made up of several with each one shortening as it progressed. Playing an unrecognizable but cheery tune, he had a smile on his face and would occasionally stop to watch a bird pass by.

She took a deep breath before she came up to him and said, "Excuse me? Are you Pan?"

The Greek god blinked. "Ah, so you know who I am. Yes, I'm Pan. Why do you ask? I'm sure it has nothing to do with my music."

"Well, you see... There is a group of people with powers and they're likely to come here and attack the place because they want to take me and my friends. We were wondering if you could help us fight them..."

"Oh, ah... Well, I could, and I really would like to--I mean, you've got some great music now, a whole lot better than the old days--but I, uh, have no idea how you're like. I mean, yeah, sure, we got a storm--a real bad one coming--but I don't really like helping cruel people you know and they'd just want to survive any way they can. The smart ones rather."

Marti didn't blame him but... "How can I prove that to you?"

"Well..." the satyr god said as he rubbed his chin in thought. "We can have a chat if you want. Or..." He played a short tune. Marti was confused, but Pan continued. "I can have you meet some of my friends."

That was when she realized a snake was on her shoulders. At first, she tensed. It was a snake after all. But then she realized what kind of snake it was. It was yellow with white markings and wasn't too large or long. She blinked in surprise.

"Is this a rat snake?" she said, extending her arms so that the reptile could climb them. "Or a corn snake? Ugh, I forgot the name of it...

"So you recognize it?"

Marti looked sheepish at that. "Uh, yeah... I lived on a farm and one of things I really didn't like were the rats. There were too many of them. When I found out there was a domestic snake that could do the same job a cat could well... I kept bugging my dad when I was young to get one."

Pan chuckled. "Oh really? Well, Snips seems to like you," he said, indicating how the snake was looking at Marti directly. "Maybe she can stay with you later."

"Really?" She looked at the yellow snake, then back at the nature god. "Um... Can you tell me what's she saying?"

"She says she likes your smell... And is wondering why does your friend smells like fruit."

There was no doubt that Pan was refering to André at that.

Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Wanderer's Forest

Anima couldn't help but feel giddy, her smile showing it to the world. She was going to see Ammit, after all. The beast that would eat up any bad people that Anubis and the two other judges of the dead gave to it. After the club meeting--and making sure Kit was okay--she dashed right out. She knew where the river was. It was her favorite spot and her family would often go there during summer break. Though, that made her wonder how come they hadn't noticed her until now. Maybe glamour?

Either way, when she got there, it only took five seconds before she spotted the lion-hippo-croc monster. Well, actually it looked more like a dog and crocodile mix, but still, it was a weird looking croc, so that must've been Ammit. She ran, stopped at the riverbank right before the croc and said,

"Hey, are you Ammit?"

The beast blinked before lifting its head, almost as if in pride. "Yes, I am Ammit," she said. Anima was a bit surprised at the femininity of the voice. "Devourer of the Wicked. What thou business with thy?"

"I need your help. A bunch of bad guys are coming our way and we need all the help we can get."

"Ah, I see, but does thou truly wish to help out of the goodness of thou heart? I will helpeth no human who does good for any reason other than to be good."

Anima was shocked. "What? Why wouldn't I want to help?"

"Then thou proveth to thy! Showeth me your conviction!"

"All right, then I will!"

And Anima went up and strated walking off. It was only a few steps before she realized something and stopped. She looked back at Ammit with a sheepish grin.

"Uh...how do I do that?"

Ammit was silent.

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
7/11, Keydeus Branch

In Daniel's opinion, out of all the targets available, he got the easiest one in terms of actually finding them. After all, it was kind of hard to miss the shouting inside the convenience store...and a little girl wearing armor fighting six grown adults. But his befuddlement soon was gone though when he heard the four outside the store arm their guns. He snarled. There was no way he was going to allow that.

Sketchie

literally some guy
---- ☼ - ☾ ----
Derek van Velde and Lexa Valencia
Apollo and Artemis Descendants
Valencia/van Velde Household, Music Room ; Monday

---- ☼ - ☾ ----​

It’s been a weekend, that’s for sure.

Derek sat at his harp, nothing to cover himself as he played his melancholy tune, his only company a crow resting on the ornate instrument. Thoughts of the nightclub rushed through his head, a series of events clouded with anger and confusion and… jealousy. He really ruined his chances back there, didn’t he? After he tried calming the crowd, they slowly became… amorous. Grabby hands and lovesick moans, it frightened Derek. As the stormy seas overwhelm a small ship, Derek found himself drowning, and had no better option than to dash out the back door into an alleyway. He really didn’t care who he ran into, everything hurt. He walked home with his head hung low, and crawled into bed without another word. Since, Derek has been quiet, preferring the company of his harp to anyone else.

Lexa stood at the doorway, looking in and listening. It was odd to see her step-brother so quiet, though playing naked at the harp was nothing new. What was new was his absence at the latest club meetings. She had attended despite his absence -- after all, after seeing dragons and people out to destroy them really pushes one to take action. She walked up to her brother, pulling a nearby stool over to sit next to him.

“Derek…” She put her hand on his shoulder, though his eyes stayed focused on his harp. “Derek, c’mon, I know the nightclub incident was a goddamn train wreck, but we’ve got more important things to deal with.”

Derek’s fingers slowed to a stop as he closed his eyes, turning away. “... I know,” he said eventually, “I get it, you told me, we’re basically Artemis and Apollo. We have important work to do or whatever. Why don’t you just do it?”

“There are deities we need to get on our side. You’re the social person, I thought--”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m the social one. I sweet-talk, you bash things in with your fist.” He looked at Lexa with a familiar glare. “What’s the point of all this?”

Lexa rolled her eyes. “Derek, you’re getting melodramatic.”

Derek took a deep breath, softness slowly returning to his face. “It’s true…” he whimpered.

“And over what, a boy?”

“One who’s out of my league and I ruined any chances with him anyway.”

“This is why I don’t like boys.”

Derek chuckled. “So, you’re saying you want me to put on clothes, and go find some rogue god with you?”

“Partially.” Lexa shifted her weight uneasily, looking away. “I do need you to put clothes on, but you need to go back to the nightclub.”

“What?” Derek shot up, looking at Lexa with both anger and fear. “You want me to go where?

Lexa winced, biting her cheek. “Listen, it’s for the best. I’m gonna go find this chick at a supermarket, and the musical goat is at the nightclub. Marti and Andre will be the--”

“Lexa, praytell, what were you thinking when you signed me up for this?” His anger subsided as quickly as it came over him, fear and sadness overtaking him. “They probably hate me now…”

“Once again, you’re being melodramatic. This’ll give you a chance to make up for it, huh? And it’d be better than being mopey at a harp.” Lexa stood, taking Derek’s hand. “And it’s a musical goat. You’re also a music. Maybe you two could collaborate.”

At the touch of Lexa’s hand, he could see all. The meetings, the information… it was nice, not having to talk to her. To see through her eyes was a blessing. Derek opened his eyes before giving Lexa a weak smile, squeezing her hand. “I should go get dressed then, huh.”

Lexa headbutted his chest, before turning and leaving Derek alone.

---- ☼ ----
Derek van Velde
Apollo Descendant
Home > Nightclub

---- ☼ ----​

Derek took a deep breath, sitting on the porch step and looking at the sky. He had gotten dressed in tight navy jeans and a fitting gray shirt, and put on a simple necklace with a gold rod pendant underneath his white scarf. He breathed in the California air, feeling the warmth of a thousand stars on his skin. He felt his hands and feet start to burn as he stood up, his body being taken over by a glow of sunlight. He lifted himself off the ground, now a being of pure light, and flew off to the nightclub.

He came in through the cracks of the back door, the sunlight fading from his skin as his body took its physical form. He felt it dull to its regular tone as he was fully whole, and strode into the nightclub. People’s eyes were on him, as usual, but he paid it no mind. He would not have a repeat of what happened the last time he was here. He casually leaned on the wall, staring at the door. Marti wanted to go find Pan, Andre would likely be with her. All there was now was to wait.

It wasn’t long before the door opened, and there she was. There he was. He could feel his face flush, his heart on fire, but he couldn’t let that bother him now. He strode towards them, silently, listening.

"Excuse me? Are you Pan?" Marti said to a man leaning up against the wall.

"Ah, so you know who I am,” the god said, blinking, “Yes, I'm Pan. Why do you ask? I'm sure it has nothing to do with my music."

"Well, you see... There is a group of people with powers and they're likely to come here and attack the place because they want to take me and my friends. We were wondering if you could help us fight them..."

"Oh, ah... Well, I could, and I really would like to--I mean, you've got some great music now, a whole lot better than the old days--but I, uh, have no idea how you're like. I mean, yeah, sure, we got a storm--a real bad one coming--but I don't really like helping cruel people you know and they'd just want to survive any way they can. The smart ones rather."

"How can I prove that to you?"

….. Alright, so they’re talking about snakes now. Well, it’s a good of a time as ever to jump in.

As Pan finished speaking, Derek walked towards them, placing his hand on Marti’s shoulder. He towered over all of the group, but that was nothing new. “Sorry I’m late,” he said, flashing a dazzling smile at them before turning to Pan. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Pan. I’m also a lover of music, it’s nice to see someone with the same interests.” He held out his hand to shake Pan’s, and the moment his hand touched the god’s came a vision.

There they were, on a mountain high, the god of the sun and the god of the wild. A contest of sorts, between the flute and the lyre. The pipe-player did his very best, charming the birds, the winds, and the forest alike. But he was no match for the sun god. When he touched the lyre, all turned to listen to his tune. Clear and resonant, alluring to all the flora and fauna of the earth. It was clear who was the victor, and the sun god beamed in all his glory. Only one dared to question the god’s victory -- and he was promptly given the ears of an ***.

Not a moment had passed as the vision was swept away. Derek kept a sweet smile on his fair young face, a glitter in his emerald eyes. He stepped back, glancing down at Andre. A pang of worry struck his heart, but he did his best to hold his ground. “So, you want to know if we’re not cruel by meeting your friends? Are all of your friends snakes, or are we in deeper than we thought?”

Of course. The place I get sent requires me to talk to things I can’t talk to, huh. Where’s Lexa when I need her..?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
♥ André Bellamy
Aphrodite Descendant
The Club... Again! ♥

André found it rather amusing to be back at the nightclub the very next day. During the day, when he would normally be in school no less! Thank goodness for this storm that was arriving at just the right time to give everyone the day off, how convenient. They were on the hunt to recruit some of the Gods, and one of them just so happened to be at that same nightclub. André decided to tag along with Marti. After all, the descendant of Ares, and the descendant of Aphrodite should stick together, right?

Marti approached a man wearing a deep green hooded jacket and baggy pants, that was playing a pan flute, and leaning against the wall beside the door. Marti had a chat with him, and then, a snake appeared around Marti's shoulders. While Marti didn't seem to mind it, André couldn't help cringing a little bit. Yes, he knew not all snakes were poisonous, and yes, he had to work with snakes for movies in the past. They were still slimy and gross in André's opinion, and he preferred to keep his contact with them to a minimum.

Then Pan said something about the snake wanting to know why he smelled like fruits. To which André immediately answered. "It is a new perfume, monsieur." He then pulled out the fancy looking bottle of perfume from his bag, and sprayed a little bit of it into the air before putting it back in his bag.

As Pan finished speaking, a familiar face walked towards them, placing his hand on Marti’s shoulder. "Sorry I’m late,” he said before shaking Pan's hand, then asking if all of Pan's friends were snakes.

While it was good to know Derek had survived the night, André narrowed his eyes at the fact Derek didn't acknowledge his presence. "Bonjour, Derek!" André replied with a smirk, putting his own hand on his shoulder, "Did you have fun last night?"

André then approached Pan, and handed him a pink rose. He did learn a few things from being in the Myth club. He knew that Pan was a nature God, and would likely appreciate the flower. "You know monsieur. It just so happens that I have friends of my own." Even though he wasn't one for camping, and much preferred appreciating nature from a safe distance, he did have one trick he could try. André then held out his arms, and a flock of beautiful white doves flew in, and landed gracefully on André's outstretched arms. "Admittedly, I did only just met them yesterday... They are beautiful, non?"

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Super Myth Club HQ

Once Kit's transformation into a three-tailed Kitsune had finished, he had passed out. Thankfully he managed to regain consciousness by the time everyone else had arrived to find himself seated in one of the more comfortable chairs in the treehouse. Once he had fully opened his eyes and blinked several times, his vision cleared and he looked around to see the others, eventually looking down to see three fox tails, which he quickly realized were his.

"Three? I...I have three tails now?" He said out loud in shock at the new development. He had expected to get new tails, and with them more power, at some point once he had confirmed that he was in fact a Kitsune, but he never thought it would happen so soon and after such painful episodes. That must have been why he was suddenly having such symptoms despite having never had them before in his life, or been sick for that matter.

After Kit had fully recovered and was able to listen to what Hansel, Caliburn, and the newcomer, who turned out to be a blind Norse god named Hodur, and he had apparently come sensing a holy presence like that of his brother wanting to warn them that something dangerous was coming, and they needed to find help in order to face it. Hearing this worried Kitai, as they had already ended up in a dangerous situation before, now he was being told more were on the horizon, and it seemed it was up to them to face whatever was coming, something that Kit felt was a larger burden than he could carry, even with his friends. Granted, he was grateful to hear that there were others out there that they could recruit to their cause, so they weren't truly alone in all this.

After it was decided that the group would split up in an effort to convince these various mythical beings to join them. While the others had picked out their targets from the given list, Kitai had his thoughts on someone else, someone that had already proven to be a friend and ally to them, but first he needed to make sure they were okay, and he had promised to go see them again regardless.

"I...I'm going back to the tunnel to see if Lily's alright. M...Maybe she can help us...No...She will help us just like she did before, I know it. You don't have to worry about me, I can turn invisible until I find her, I'll be fine."

As everyone was setting out to find their chosen targets, Kit himself was about to head out when he suddenly heard his phone ring. Upon checking it, he saw that it was his father, who conveniently enough turned out to be at the police station, having been called there for an important meeting. What the meeting was about, he wasn't sure yet, but he knew it had to do with the strange occurrences around town. To the point, he had called to let Kitai know that he was going to be late getting home again, something that Kit found convenient, as he likely wasn't going to be back home anytime soon either.

After finishing the call with his father, Kit went onto shift into his fox form and bolted as fast as he could towards the church he and his friends had been to the night prior. As he ran, he noticed that he was moving faster than he could before, and he was already fast in his fox form as it was. With this revelation, Kit deduced that his newly acquired tails not only increased his power, but his speed as well. Once he had made it out of the forest, Kit cast an illusion over himself to make himself invisible, making it so no one could see or hear him, allowing him to move freely and without fear of being noticed as he headed for the church.

Underground Tunnels

Once he arrived, Kit noticed that the church that contained the sinkhole was still being supervised by the authorities. While it made sense that they would want to keep a vigil over the area to keep anyone from getting themselves hurt somehow, to Kit they weren't an issue to him as he was able to bypass them effortlessly in his invisible state. After he did so, Kit shifted back into his human form and examined the sinkhole, aware of a problem he had been prepared for as he made his way there. The ladder through which they had gotten out of the sinkhole last night was gone, leaving no way down safely. Kit could've brought gear to climb down the sinkhole with from his home, but then he would've had to leave it as he searched the tunnels for Lily, and if he did that the guards would likely find it and follow him in, something he didn't want. Not only was it dangerous, but if they turned the climbing gear to the station, there was a chance Kit's father would see it and recognize it as his, and the last thing Kit wanted was for his own father to become suspicious of him in all that's been going on.

In the end, Kit had to subject himself to climbing down the sinkhole on his own, which he actually managed to do just fine. He had known he had become more capable at feats such as parkour and climbing since he had become a Kitsune, but he hadn't expected to be able to climb down the sinkhole on his own. He took a leap of faith, and it paid off in the end. Now he had reached the tunnels and all that was left to do was find Lily.

Unfortunately, finding her would prove to be more difficult than Kit had expected, the tunnel that Kit and the others had walked down to find Lily in the first place had been blocked by the cave in, so now Kit was forced to traverse a underground labyrinth to find her. In the end, Kit started to travel the many tunnels of the underground, using his fox fire to burn arrows into the ground whenever he found an intersection in the tunnels so that he would be able to find his way back to the sinkhole without getting lost, something he didn't want to do as this left a trace of his presence, but in the end he had no choice, for without the arrows or Lily, he would likely lose his way and be stuck wandering the tunnels aimlessly for a long time, possibly days.

Kit also realized that in such a convoluted space, he was likely going to need Lily to be the one to find him rather than him finding her, and to do that he would have to give her a sign to follow, and unless she was moving around she likely wouldn't find his arrows, and even if she did they would likely end up leading her away from Kit and towards the surface. Once again reluctant to give off a sign of his presence before finding Lily, but willing to find her at any cost, Kit would occasionally drop his illusion at the various intersections he found so Lily could hear him and would call out to her.

"Lily! Are you here?! It's me, Kitai! If you can hear me, please say something!"

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Junkyard

Hansel expected she would have to do some things she didn’t like to recruit these gods. There were some things she would tolerate doing, but there were some that she would never cross the line. Thankfully, what Svarog wanted her to do was in the former category but still unpleasant nonetheless. What was it? Why, go in a junkyard and help him get stuff. Could anyone blame her? It stunk.

But, Hansel did it without complaint… Okay, with some complaints. She couldn’t help it. Despite not minding getting dirty, this was a bit too much for her to do without some comment. The only bright side she could see to going through all sorts of junk—besides, recruiting Svarog—was that she at least had a better idea about junkyard if she ever got to writing a scene involving one.

By the end of thirty minutes, she had found the pieces Svarog wanted: a ballpoint pen, several boxes worth of tin foil, the frame of a pair of glasses, even more boxes worth of busted appliances of various kinds from TVs to blenders and lastly, a small box of nails. She helped him place the stuff in his cart, tying them with trashed wires.

“Need anything else?” she said, breathing heavily.

“Nope,” the Slavic smith god said as he finished the knots.

She sighed in relief before she went to pick up her trench coat from the handle of Svarog’s cart. As she put it on, she said, slowly,

“So…about what I—”

“Yes.”

Hansel blinked. “What?”

“I said, ‘yes’. What? Was the smell bad enough to affect your ears?”

Hansel wasn’t really sure what to say and stumbled for words. But Svarog was patient, so she did get to say something.

“Eh, no, it’s just… Really?”

“I do know the difference between someone sucking up and someone genuinely humble.”

Hansel couldn’t help but blush a bit for the first time in a long time. “Uh, oh, thanks. I

Svarog has been recruited!

Anima Maria Juarez
Anubis Descendant
Wanderer’s Forest

Well, apparently the reason why Ammit went silent was because…

“I haventh no clue.”

Now Anima had to think of something. But after spending who knows how long—probably only a few minutes but it felt like hours to her—and coming up with nothing, she threw her hands up in the air.

“I’ve got nothing either…”

Sullen, she just lay on the riverbank, looking up in the sky. If she didn’t think of something, there was no way she could prove to Ammit she just wanted to do this to keep her friends safe…and her brother as well. Her thoughts started to wander towards Amadeus. She was close to all her family members, but she had always idolized her eldest brother. He was kind, brave, and responsible, and he had a great sense of humor too. He was always patient with her demands and yet didn’t treat her lower than himself. He even treated her as if they were equals, sometimes asking her help in assignments.

She sighed. Then she jumped when Ammit suddenly spoke.

“What is thou thinketh, young one?”

She glanced at the horrid looking croc before looking back at the sky. “About my brother…”

“Thou brother?”

She nodded. “Yeah, he got himself hurt yesterday…saving me…” Another sigh as she closed her eyes. “You know that…when he did…I-I…I thought he was dead…” She held back a sob. “But…I’m glad I can see souls…cause it was thanks to that I knew he could still be saved…”

“Thou can see-eth souls?”

“Yeah...”

It was quiet for a moment. Then Ammit said, “Is thou related to the god and guide of souls, Anubis?”

“How’d you—?”

“Thy admiteth it. Thy felt thou is familiar, liketh thy good friend Anubis.”

“You did? Huh.”

“As such, thy will help thou, for thou has proveth it to thy.”

“Wait, really?”

She nodded with the best smile her croc mouth could do.

“Yes. I will help thou cause.”

Ammit has been recruited!

Nightclub

Snips just hissed an okay, not that the others knew.

Marti was a bit surprised to see Derek come along. As glad as she was to see him safe, but seeing as they were by the nightclub, it made unbidden memories of last night club, particularly the one about the tallest in the group kissing her. Thankfully, this time her composure was fine and she didn’t blush.

“I’m glad you’re fine, Derek,” she said. “I was…worried something bad happened.”

Snips, however, noticed there was a change in her new friend, mainly with a slight change in her smell and she hissed in concern. And Pan as well, but unlike the snake, he didn’t voice his thoughts, he merely raised an eyebrow. At Derek’s offer for a handshake, he hesitated only because it took him awhile until he remembered.

He gave a smile and took the handshake. “From what your friend just said, Derek, right? Nice to meet you, Derek.” After he let go, he continued. “Oh really? How nice, I have someone who likes animals and another who likes music.” As for the tall male’s question…he smiled, a mischievous look in his eyes. “Of course they’re not all snakes, I just wanted to see how she would react to one.”

He put his pan flute near his mouth. “Do you want to meet them?”

Marti, very familiar with the glint in his eye from her father, decided to intervene before they all regretted it. “Uh, I don’t mind, it’s just that...don’t you think this isn’t a good place for anything…bigger than a snake? Or isn’t a pet?”

Once again, the nature god blinked. “Good point.”

Snips hissed to admonish him. Pan gave a sheepish smile at her. “Yeah, sorry about that.”

He turned his attention back to Derek. “Well, if you must know, I’ve got plenty of animal friends that aren’t snakes. A few raccoons, some dogs, even a few wolves and mountain lions and…” Pan looked surprised for a moment, staring at something behind Derek. Marti and André couldn’t hear it, but the Dutch boy certainly could.

A squawk, followed by more but to the two, a female said, “PAN!!! DO NOT DO JOKE ON MASTER!!! BAD NIGHT!”,

Marti just stared confused when she followed Pan’s gaze. While Pan just said,

“Uh, okay, didn’t expect Mrs. Vor to say that…”

It was at this point that André did his thing, giving him a rose that smelled just like the plains he used to live in and summoning doves, also surprising Pan.

Much more quietly, he said, “Or that…”

Nonetheless, Pan smiled, hearing the doves’ words as well as André’s. “Yeah, they are. They like you too, by the way. Says you’re beautiful.”

Then a look of realization came on his face. “Wait a second…” He glanced at each and every one of them. “Crows and music… doves and beauty…and…” Another blink. “Wait, what is your name again?”

“Oh um…I…didn’t mention it,” she said, sheepish. “It’s Marti.”

“You…wouldn’t happen to have horses with you, would you?”

Marti was a bit surprised. “Uh, yes. Four of them.”

Pan was silent…then he chuckled before he laughed. That confused Marti.

“Um…Pan…? Are you okay?”

Snips, however, did a rather close impression of rolling her eyes, as well as Mrs. Vor.

Eventually, his laughter died down. “Heh heh… Okay, I’ll help you.”

Her surprise returned. “What? Um, uh…why?”

“Heh heh, if I can’t trust the descendants of my buddies, who else can I trust? Though I will admit that I kind of wish Ares wasn’t such a complainer—or Apollo beating me in music—they were pretty nice. And Aphrodite too, but I think that’s a bit of a given, right?” He mumbled under his breath something about not liking Zeus too much, though.

Marti blinked a few times before she smiled. Then she startled Pan…by giving him a hug.

“Thank you…”

For a moment, he froze, before he slowly returned it with a smile of his own. He started thinking these people being descendants wasn’t so bad, not when this girl was definitely a lot better than her ancestor.

“No problem.”

Especially since this was the first time a human said thank you to him and it wasn't during a prayer.

Pan has been recruited!

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
7/11 Store, Keydeus Branch

Red filled his vision once again as he charged with a roar. Everyone, including those inside, were distracted for a moment as they turned to see him. It gave him his chance. He went straight for the guns held by the thugs outside, ripping them out of their grips with surprising speed. All of the former gun wielders were stunned at the action, but one wasn’t for long. As soon as Daniel—no, Salazar smashed the firearms in half with his knee, one of the men tackled him into a headlock.

That was an unwise decision.

Salazar bit his arm with all his strength, making the man scream and one of his associates say,

“What the?!”

Another said, “You’ve gotta be kidding me! First the weird girl, then this guy!”

With his opponent’s grip on him loosened, Salazar then threw him at the broken glass, making those two that commented earlier say things he didn’t bother paying attention to. What he did focus on the person who decided that, after seeing the guns get destroyed and his friend get smashed through a window and crash straight on the cash register further away, it was better to turn tail and run. Salazar snarled. He wouldn’t allow that.

He whizzed by the two who decided to stay as they prepared to attack him in retaliation. He snarled once more as he neared his target, who was starting to panic as the feral teen made his way to him at inhuman speed. It didn’t take long for Salazar to grab the man…by the leg. He screamed as he tripped but Salazar still heard the two thugs coming his way. His grip tightened before he pulled at the man and swung him at the two behind him, knocking them down.

It was at this point two more people crashed out the windows, this time from the inside. Salazar turned to see the girl inside was holding her own. That was good, he thought as he looked back at his opponents who were trying to get back up, as well as the ones who were thrown out. Salazar cracked his knuckles and, for the third time, snarled.

That meant he could focus on these dopes.

Labyrinth, Keydeus

Kit might not have noticed at first, but with his enhanced hearing, it would be easy to pick up any sound in a tunnel. There was a slight rumbling, almost as if something was slowly slithering against the tunnels. Eventually, if Kit bothered to sit still, it would be loud enough to sound as if it was a small earthquake.

Then, a familiar head and voice came up.

“Oh, Kit, it’s good to see you fine!” she said with a smile.

In the dark of the tunnels, of course it was hard to see, but with Kit’s foxfire, he would see Lily was pretty much fine as well. Though there were a few scratches and some wounds closed up but she didn’t seemed bothered by them. If anything, she seemed a lot more energetic now as without any hesitation she dug her head into the ground to make space as she then had Kit stand on the top of her head. Thankfully, there was plenty of space for him to stand with room left to spare.

“How are you and your friends faring? I hope those people from last night aren’t chasing after you anymore.”

Vern

Why not both?
Sullivan Van Daal
Gilgamesh Descendant
Keydeus, ‘China Shop’.

Sullivan sighed, running his fingers lazily through his golden hair, causing it to appear messier than it usually did. A bad habit, to be sure. It made it too easy for people closer to him to figure out when he was feeling discomfort. He had never expected to be put into his sort of situation in his life. But what must be done must be done, and in the face of the golden-eyed man’s glare, he made sure that the only expression present on his face was his usual confident half-smirk.

It had been the strange start to a morning. Kaede had dragged him all the way to the clubhouse despite his wish to stay at home. There had been reports of a massive storm headed this way, and school was cancelled. The girl’s mad swings from incredibly energetic and incredibly tired had always bothered him. Kitai had grown an extra tail - which he supposed was due to a sudden surge in power. Then, he had been introduced to Hodur, the norse Blind God and the slayer of his own brother. The god had looked at him all funny, as well. Almost envious. He had warned the group that danger was near, but also that there were other gods living in this little town.

Looks like father found himself quite a gold mine for his research.

Anyways. That was why he was currently facing down Yinglong, the chinese dragon god of rain, with his adopted sister. What a way to kick of the day. Here goes nothing.

He slipped his hands into his pockets and walked forward, intercepting the man just as he was about to cross the road, presumably to go to St John’s Church. Kaede had insisted that he would be the one to approach the god when they did discover him, saying that he was better suited to the job, and that a oriental god might not take too kindly to another oriental spirit that was commonly perceived as evil. So that was that. He casually stepped into the man’s path, staring him right in the eyes, crimson red on gold.

“You are YingLong, am I right?” Sullivan asked, maintaining direct eye contact. Intimidation wouldn’t work on a deity, but he certainly wasn’t going to try and suck up to the guy.

"So you know my identity…” The man says, meeting Sullivan’s gaze without flinching, “Then, pray tell, what is your reason for being here?"

Kaede, who had been behind him, bounded forward to look at Yinglong over his shoulder. She looked scared, but Sullivan knew that she could very well be faking it just to look cute. Probably was. Wouldn’t put it past her, certainly. “Will you be okay?” she whispered into his ear, her voice low, “He’s scary, and probably super-strong.” He ignored her, pushing her away from him. He didn’t have time to deal with her antics.

“I’m looking for help.” Sullivan says, his tone level, “My acquaintances sent me to look for you.”

"Ah, why am I not surprised…” the man says, “Well, I could, but I have no reason to help you. After all, I don't know anything about you. Perhaps you could give me a convincing one?"

Sullivan paused for a moment, but he was quick on his feet, and he knew too much of a hesitation will make him look decisive. At worst, he’d make things up as he went along. “My name is Sullivan. You should not need to know anything else about me.” he says, staring directly into Yinglong’s eyes, his tone almost provocative, as if he was issuing a challenge. “This town is in danger. You like it here, don’t you? There’s no point in staying here otherwise. You are the god of rain. You can go anywhere. A massive storm is headed this way, carrying with it unknown dangers. We want to protect this town. Your assistance, your powers - they will be invaluable to us.”

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Kitai "Kit" Hayashi
Kitsune Descendant
Labyrinth

Kit had been searching around the underground tunnels for some time, but so far his search for Lily had so far been fruitless. He didn't give up however, as he knew that Lily had to be around there somewhere. He had found the place where he and the others fought the NARF alongside Lily, and she wasn't there, which meant she had to have survived the cave in and move elsewhere. Eventually Kit found himself running into intersections within the tunnels that he had already been to more often. This filled him with hope that he might finally be closing in on Lily's location.

After running into places he had already been for some time, Kit eventually found himself in another intersection, one that he hadn't been to before. As he stopped in the middle of it he shifted from his fox form into his human form and called out to Lily as he had done so many times before.

"Lily! Where are you?!"

At first, there was no response, much like all the other times. Kitai had once again lowered his head in disappointment when all of a sudden he picked up on a noise in the distance with his enhanced hearing. His fox ears turned side to side as he turned in the direction he heard the noise from and stepped towards it slowly while conjuring a ball of blue fire in his hand to light the way in front of him.

"Lily?" Kitai asked out loud as he continued to hear the rumbling noise beyond the tunnel, the source of which he quickly realized was coming towards him, Kit braced himself for whatever it was as the noise soon grew to that of an earthquake. Soon however, his look of uncertainty turned to one of joy as he saw that the source of the noise was, in fact, Lily.

“Oh, Kit, it’s good to see you fine!” she said with a smile.

"Lily!" Kit exclaimed, happy to see Lily alive and well, albeit with a few wounds. He quickly set aside the foxfire in his hands and had it trail behind him as he rushed up to Lily and hugged her as well as he could considering how small his arms were compared to her head alone. "I'm so happy you're okay! I was so worried about you!"

Lily proceeded to invite Kit to stand on top of her head, which he did to find that there was a surprising amount of free space leftover, allowing him remain standing rather than having to sit or crouch.

“How are you and your friends faring? I hope those people from last night aren’t chasing after you anymore.” Lily asked.

"My friends and I are all fine. We haven't seen them since the fight we had with them here, so we're okay for now, but I think they're looking for us." Kit answered before going on to explain the situation.

"You see, we were told that those people were from a group called the New Age Revolution Followers, or NARF, and they look for people like me and my friends that have the powers that we have. I don't know why, but whatever their reason is it can't be good if they attacked us like they did, right? My friends and I found out after that we're all descended from Gods and 'mythical' creatures, like how I look the way I do and have the powers I have because my mother is a Kitsune, a fox spirit. This morning we were visited by a blind God called Hodur, who told us that something bad was about to happen, and we'd have to try and stop it, but we'd need help from other mythical beings to do it. My friends are all looking around the city to find them and convince them to help us, but I chose to come back down here to see you again, like I promised I would."

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
In Front of the Ruins of St. John's Church

Perhaps it was because Sully was used to doing such things, perhaps it was because of Sully's ancestry, or perhaps the old deity was getting soft over the years (or perhaps it was some greater force that's trying to move things along), but Yinglong looked rather surprised at the young man, staring at him for a good thirty seconds. And then he had small smile on his lips as he chuckled and looked back at the church.

He sighed, though it didn't sound tired at all. "Ah, it's been a while since I have met someone like you, very observant and very direct. It's rather refreshing."

He adjusted his necktie. "Very well, I will join your cause." After he was done with it, somehow making it longer, he put his hands in his pockets as he looked back at Sullivan. "Just call for my name and I will be wherever you are." He then shifts his attention to Kaede. "The same is for you as well. I will appear when you call my name. Now if you don't mind, I have something I need to do."

He starts walking towards the church but then he pauses and glances back. "Oh, I almost forgot. It's Dante Long, not my other name, if you wish to summon me."

And without bothering if they had anything else to say, the business man went up to the church entrance, had a brief talk with the guards to likely ascertain he was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do, and then went inside.

Yinglong has been recruited!

Salazar Daniel Drake
Sagramore Descendant
7/11, Keydeus Branch

Daniel heard a voice.

"Hey."

It was calling to him.

"Hey kid."

And suddenly got very loud.

"WAKE UP ALREADY!"

Daniel snapped his eyes open and was about to stand...only to have his head hit something rather hard. He sat back down on the ground, rubbing his now sore head.

"Ow..."

"Whoops, sorry. Didn't mean that. But you've been out like a fallen oak for hours now," the voice from earlier said.

Now Daniel saw who was in front of him, it was girl, maybe eleven or twelve years old...and she was wearing armor that reminded him of Final Fantasy, except white and having a bird motif. What was the character again? Kain? Either way, it was a surprise she was wearing such a thing, and carrying a lance that was large for her. But that surprise didn't overshadow the soreness he now felt in his body. He groaned as he moved into a more comfortable sitting position.

"Where am I?"

"Oh, just in an alleyway nearby the store," the girl said. "You went out after we beat all those thugs trying to rob that store."

"Store?"

Now it was her turn to be surprised. "What? You don't remember?"

He was about to answer that when his eyes widened as the memories rushed back, the gang of thieves, the store, the girl...and him mercilessly fighting the thieves. He flinched and frowned.

"Now I do..."

"Oh, good. I thought you lost your memories or something."

Then she started walking away. Daniel nearly panicked at that.

"Hey, wait!" he said as he stood up and went up to her.

Thankfully, she did stop, though she seemed a bit confused. "Hmm?"

"You're..." He paused as he made sure he recalled correctly. "...Brynhildr, right?"

The girl's surprise returned, and a bit of curiosity as well. "Yeah, I am. How'd you know?"

"It's a long story," he said. Hodur mentioned many of them didn't quite like him. He took a deep breath. "My friends and I were wondering if you could help us. There's a storm coming our way and we have a feeling it's an enemy that attacked us last night."

"Attacked you last night?"

"We...were investigating the collapse in the church. We found a labyrinth but also a bunch of other people as well. They..." He tried to not let the fact that he rampaged get to him, but he felt he didn't do a very good job at it. He still continued nonetheless. "...they wanted to kill us and take a creature we found."

"Hmm, what sort of creature?"

"You won't freak out if I tell you?"

"A wyrm." Brynhildr got wide eyed anyway. He quickly added, "But she's friendly! One of our friends who can understand animals even said she was tamed and...used to have a master who took care of her." Then he shook his head. "But that's besides the point. We need your help. We neee all the help we can get because a big threat's heading our way."

Brynhildr rubbed her chin and hummed in thought, setting her lance against her shoulder. Daniel remained resolute in looking at her, even though he still felt bad about rampaging again, but this wasn't the time for it. After what felt like thirty minutes, despite it actually being five minutes when he checked his watch, Brynhildr stopped her actions and had her lance pierce the ground slightly.

"One thing before I answer your question."

He felt a bit uneasy but he answered anyway. "Yes?"

"Stand still and hold your ground as I attack you with my lance."

"What?"

"You heard me. Now, will you do it?"

It was one moment, just one moment, but Daniel wanted to say no. True, he had powers now but it would still hurt. But then the thoughts of what could happen if they didn't get help, if they didn't have as many of the gods in this town by their side, his friends could be killed or worse. So, even though he was afraid, he nodded and said,

"Yes."

The girl took a few steps back while Daniel put his hands behind his. Then, she charged. By reflex, he close his eyes when he thought the blow would come...but nothing did. He opened his eyes and saw that the lance tip was mere centimeters from his face She returned the lance by her side. Daniel let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay, I'll join you," she said, her smile...warm.

Daniel couldn't help but do the same.

Brynhildr has been recruited!

Labyrinth, Keydeus

Lily listened as Kit spoke, not saying a word and looking at him with her utmost focus. She also kept still so she wouldn't accidentally make Kit fall over. Even though he could survive, and maybe even land without injury, but she still did it anyway. She doesn't like hurting anyone. When the young kitsune descendant was done, she said.

"I see..." Then she smiled. "I thank you for coming to check on me. And I am not surprised there are other gods here. My master was descended from one, along with many of his friends. The ancestors of some of them were even living with them, but anyone not of their family didn't know that. Since you and your friends are the same, I'm sure you they will help you."

After a moment, she then said, "Would you like me to take you back? I can make a new tunnel if I have to. Just tell me where to go."

Super-Myth Club HQ

Very late in the afternoon, at sunset, it was at this point that many had arrived back at the club house to report their findings. Good news for Hansel, everyone was successful, and there was even an extra, Lily, who was right now resting her head against some trees to look inside the club house. Pan was there as well, though it seemed he was a bit...irked? Embarrassed? It was like he didn't want to talk whatever happened earlier today ever again. Likely the shopping trip with André that Marti mentioned.

Anyways...

"Good work everyone!" Hansel said. "Now I have some news for all of you. Svarog has agreed to make us some armor and even some weapons for us to use when we get attacked. So if you want something a bit more to your tastes, you can write some stuff down for me to give to him. Or you can talk to him yourself, he's not too far from the school actually. He's right over at the alleyway of the nearby apartment. Of course the more complicated it is, the longer it'll take but he said he'll guarentees at least basic light weight armor tomorrow if no one wants to 'customize' in simpler terms. Anyways, get some, I'll see you all here tomorrow at ten for more plans."

Caliburn joined in. "Specifically on what we'll do while waiting for our enemy to arrive."

"Yeah, that, but I'm sure at least some of your are tired so go home and get some."

It was only after everyone else besides Hansel and Caliburn did the latter say,

"Do you have a plan?"

"Yeah. We'll do some training tomorrow." Then Hansel's face became grave. "That is assuming the storm arrives the day after that instead of late tomorrow like Hodur said..."

Chapter III:

Gathering of Legends

Complete!

Info Unlocked:
Short Info on Mythological Figures - Hodur, Cerberus, Svarog, Ammit, Pan, Yinglong, Brynhildr