• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Myths and Legends Contest Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These have actually been ready for a little while and it seems Dan unfortantely isn't able to act as the third judge but life gets in the way like that doesn't it? Heck been stopping me writting from drawing for nearly three months now :)

All entrants will be sent their overall scores plus comments regarding their writting. This thread will just show the top 5 and link to them for your viewing. The original thread with all entries can be found here. ALl entries were marked out of 20, 10 for Grammar, spelling etc, 10 for characters, use of the elgend, feel etc. Then it was all added together to bring a mark out of 40.

So in backwards just to be annoying, here are the top five entrants!

In 5th place:
Finality by Lily - 28.5/40

In 4th place:
Hunter and the Hunted by Knightblazer - 30/40

In 3rd place:
Starting Anew by Psychic - 31/40

In 2nd place:
The Taming of the Northern Wind by purple_drake - 33.5/40

And finally, 1st place:
Kitos Tragoudi: The Heart of Kyogre by CHeSHiRe-CaT - 34/40

So there you have it :) Don't forget also to read Dan's fic Birth. It was gonna be up against mine but circumstance meant I never got to write it annoyingly so he is winner by default.

Apologies for the belatedness guys. The reviews will be sent in the morning when the forums are a tad more stable.

Sandra

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
...Am I the only person who noticed that the results were up? o_O

Aaaaaanyway *gets out ancient, rolled-up piece of paper from pocket*
I would like to thank the studio and Consuelo my agent, as well as all the love and support I got from everyone BUT my family- oh, wait, wrong speech. ^^;

*pulls out a less-ancient piece of paper from her bra*
Ehem, first I would like to thank myself for coming up with the idea. I want to thank Sandra for making the contest and forcing me to actually WRITE the fic I had been cooking up for like, months. I want to thank my friends who were all really supportive of me and kept telling me that it wasn't a pile of sh*t. I need to thank the night for existing because otherwise I wouldn't have pulled an all-nighter to write up the story to get it in for the dead-line, and here I must thank Sandra again for extending the deadline so I could actually make the fic somewhat presentable. Huge thanks to all my wonderful readers and reviewers, just for being there, but also for giving me some pretty damn awesome reviews. More thanks to Sandra for doing this entire contest, especially after constantly running into problems and solving them all on her own.

Oh, and thanks to Mewtwo for being so god-damned emo and sexy. I'm glad I finally got to write about you. <3

To my wonderful homies, p_d and Chesh, I'm sorry I told both of you I'd review your fic but didn't, and now I seriously regret it. Funnily enough, somehow I just KNEW that you guys would win (just because you two have such mad effing skillz) and you two both deserve it (I mostly-read both your fics and yes, 'mostly-read' IS a verb).

Oh, and I said it in my LJ and I'll say it again: Chesh, let me be first to congratulate you on earning your Mod-ship at last. X3

So congrats to everyone who entered, the competition seemed quite fierce, and I am honoured to have done so well (and to have come third to two such amazing writers). God, I'm glad I entered. :)

Keep the grass green and all that,
~Psychic

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
*stares*

*stares some more*

...wow. This is unexpected. I should enter competitions more often... but then, that means I'd actually need finished stories with which to enter.

Although, that half-point is a bit of a groaner ;) but hey, who am I to bemoan second-place? Congrats, Cheshire. I'll *have* to get myself into gear and read your story like I intended to *winces*

I have no speech, and no amusing ways in which to write that speech even if I had one, sorreh ^.^;; although thanks, Psych, for giving my story the once-over it needed beforehand ;) and I'll let you off the hook with the reviewing, seeing as how bad I am at reviewing stories myself.

...then again, there's no time limit on reviews *pokes* :p

I guess I could say thanks to everyone involved ^.^ so yeah. Just... thanks!

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered. One of the judges (I don't know if it was you, Zephyr Flare, or the other one, I can't remember who it was and the thread's disappeared) asked me about the gender of Suicune's siblings: Entei was male, Raikou female. I think we actually got into a discussion about that in the thread, so if you're interested you could read that... anyhows. That's all from me.

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
CONGRATULATIONS! *throws confetti and stuffed legends over top five* I've read most of those stories, (even if I haven't commented on them. :x) And I think that they are all brilliant. Congrats Chesh! On both winning the contest and modship. =D *Gives cheshire cat cookies with extra sprinkles* XD

And congrats to Purple, who's story blew me away. (It was nice to finally get to read something from you, I arrived on serebii shortly after you left and the amount of people who missed your work intrigued me. I'd like to say my expectations were more than fulfilled. =D I love your oneshot.) And a another congrats to Psychic, who so deserved that award for her owning oneshot. *hugs* I was right, you know. *sticks out tongue and gives cookie*

...And cookies for Knight and Lily, who both rock and are brillaint writers. I loved the emotion in yours, lily, and Knight... I've told you how much you rock at horror before haven't I? If not, well, you do. *piles over with cookies* Congrats!

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Well, I don't have much time to say anything, so I'll say it all as quick as I can. ><

Congrats to the other top 5 winners! Um...I was actually very surprised I won considering I had some writers who have become something of legendaries themselves writing alongside me. I am truly humbled, so thank you, judges. And for everyone else who participated, always remember to keep trying to improve your writing and read others' writing, because the only way you can get better is to broaden your horizons and have the will to pursue prose.

Thank you. This made my month.

~CHeSH

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Big, big congratulations to the top five winners of this contest. I checked out some of them and I had a feeling that Psychic’s would be in the top five. I predicted Katiekitten (hello, Cupcake) would be in the top five too but I got that wrong. Meh, I’m not a psychic but I can tell who’s good and who’s not.

I’ll be checking those winners’ one-shots when I have the time. Maybe I can learn something from them. Remember, participants, we entered our fanfics for fun, not to get an author contract.

Once again, big congrats to the winners. *Hugs them while sneakily going through their pockets* XD

katiekitten

The Compromise
Pudding! *hugs* XD Mine was too weird. I didn't explain the ending enough in the actual story, my bad. =D *piles with cookies*

Well for a start you can not use the result thread and ask. Work on your english skills, maybe PM a mod about it insted in future?

Currently there isn't but there is one waiting to be cleared. Due to all my computer problems and whatnot I haven't done it yet and not got the time to either.

Sandra

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
A shame that I got low marks on my story. Ah well, what's done is done, I never actually believed I would get good marks on it anyway. But at lewast I tried ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.